Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An all-action Joey Barton 06:30 - Apr 13 with 2198 viewsFDC

I was thinking to myself that we could do with another five performances like that from Barton, until it occurred to me that I can't imagine him performing like that five times in a row without getting sent off: I wonder if it's possible for him to raise his game to that level of intensity whilst also keeping his head straight?

He really does have a phenomenal engine on him, and, as much as it pains me to say it, I think we really need him on the pitch playing to his best during the run in to have any chance what-so-ever. It's hard to imagine him putting in as many tackles as he did last night in every game without getting into some kind of altercation though...
An all-action Joey Barton on 08:00 - Apr 13 with 2127 viewsfakekerby

Call me a cynic, but the guy suddenly starts putting in his best performances for the club when his contract is expiring. I really won't care if it leads to us staying up, but let's just be careful he isn't going to return to the egotistical idiot the second another 50k deal gets put in front of him.
An all-action Joey Barton on 10:51 - Apr 13 with 2050 viewsdaveB

An all-action Joey Barton on 08:00 - Apr 13 by fakekerby

Call me a cynic, but the guy suddenly starts putting in his best performances for the club when his contract is expiring. I really won't care if it leads to us staying up, but let's just be careful he isn't going to return to the egotistical idiot the second another 50k deal gets put in front of him.

in fairness to Barton in these big games he usually performs like this, he was superb in the run in when we stayed up and in the playoffs last season. For all his faults which include giving the ball away so often yesterday he was excellent again
An all-action Joey Barton on 13:08 - Apr 13 with 1955 viewscarlh5266

An all-action Joey Barton on 10:51 - Apr 13 by daveB

in fairness to Barton in these big games he usually performs like this, he was superb in the run in when we stayed up and in the playoffs last season. For all his faults which include giving the ball away so often yesterday he was excellent again

Superb in the run in last time!!!!!!, did you miss the mindless Its all about Joey show when he put the team down to 10 men against city! The man is a liability, why are people getting excited?30 games in and he has now decided to start putting a shift in.
An all-action Joey Barton on 13:44 - Apr 13 with 1914 viewsDevonWhite

An all-action Joey Barton on 10:51 - Apr 13 by daveB

The year we stayed up? Was it not his substitution at home to Liverpool that kick started our run of winning home games?
An all-action Joey Barton on 13:55 - Apr 13 with 1897 viewsQPunkR

An all-action Joey Barton on 13:44 - Apr 13 by DevonWhite

The year we stayed up? Was it not his substitution at home to Liverpool that kick started our run of winning home games?

You've saved me having to point that out, cheers!!

QPR - "shit but local"

An all-action Joey Barton on 14:07 - Apr 13 with 1862 viewsPunteR

An all-action Joey Barton on 13:44 - Apr 13 by DevonWhite

His form picked up after that game I seem to recall.
I don't have the same issues as some on here regarding JB.
Would I give him another contract?
On that display against Chelsea then yes.
But if we're planning on rebuilding our club from scratch and changing the clubs philosophy etc etc, then I would let him go.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

An all-action Joey Barton on 14:44 - Apr 13 with 1833 viewsQPunkR

He hardly played until right at the end of the season after that Liverpool debacle

QPR - "shit but local"

An all-action Joey Barton on 15:12 - Apr 13 with 1798 viewsPhilmyRs

For all the rubbish he comes out with, for all his delusions over his own footballing ability, he’s got to be one of the bravest players we’ve had in terms of the challenges he goes in for and the fact he always wants the ball even in a tight game (yep I appreciate he’s not the most composed when he does get it). I also have a lot of respect for how he always leaves everything out on the pitch. He harries every player, running himself into the ground in the process. If we are to stay up, we’ll need Joey Barton. We are a much better team with him, than without him.
Login to get fewer ads

An all-action Joey Barton on 15:43 - Apr 13 with 1770 viewsBstokeranger

An all-action Joey Barton on 15:12 - Apr 13 by PhilmyRs

For all the rubbish he comes out with, for all his delusions over his own footballing ability, he’s got to be one of the bravest players we’ve had in terms of the challenges he goes in for and the fact he always wants the ball even in a tight game (yep I appreciate he’s not the most composed when he does get it). I also have a lot of respect for how he always leaves everything out on the pitch. He harries every player, running himself into the ground in the process. If we are to stay up, we’ll need Joey Barton. We are a much better team with him, than without him.

It is good to see players, inc Barton, giving 100% and showing a bit of passion at last.
But putting my Coaches hat on, I think Barton is a liability with the fact that he feels the need to dart about everywhere looking to win the ball in areas he doesnt need to be in.
He then finds himself out of position and unable to recover quick enough

A classic case of this was the goal on Sunday, his starting position for Greens 'kick' was near Fabregas. Barton then darted all the way to the right back to try and win ball/support the full back when he shouldnt be there.

The result, an unmarked Fabregas strolling through the pitch.
An all-action Joey Barton on 16:40 - Apr 13 with 1725 viewsPhilmyRs

An all-action Joey Barton on 15:43 - Apr 13 by Bstokeranger

It is good to see players, inc Barton, giving 100% and showing a bit of passion at last.
But putting my Coaches hat on, I think Barton is a liability with the fact that he feels the need to dart about everywhere looking to win the ball in areas he doesnt need to be in.
He then finds himself out of position and unable to recover quick enough

A classic case of this was the goal on Sunday, his starting position for Greens 'kick' was near Fabregas. Barton then darted all the way to the right back to try and win ball/support the full back when he shouldnt be there.

The result, an unmarked Fabregas strolling through the pitch.

Good point, although with Henry tucking in from the left and effectively acting as an extra deep lying midfielder with Sandro, I’d say it gave Barton a little bit of freedom to ‘hunt for the ball’, get in players faces and generally make a nuisance of himself. A Flat 4-4-2 and I’d agree, he’d need to be more disciplined and not wander. I think he could afford to do it a bit yesterday and it made a huge difference. I think I read somewhere that it was Chelsea’s worst pass completion rate of the season. Barton and the Manager have to be credited in a big way with doing that to Chelsea and so nearly getting us the point we deserved.
An all-action Joey Barton on 16:41 - Apr 13 with 1724 viewsdaveB

Year we stayed up he was taken off against Liverpool but when he came back for the arsenal game he was superb and played a big part in getting us the points to stay up
An all-action Joey Barton on 18:07 - Apr 13 with 1664 viewsJonDoeman

An all-action Joey Barton on 16:41 - Apr 13 by daveB

Year we stayed up he was taken off against Liverpool but when he came back for the arsenal game he was superb and played a big part in getting us the points to stay up

We wouldn't have stayed up without him Dave.

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024