Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions 13:29 - Apr 14 with 5695 viewspeejaybee

Hi everyone I need help with having a go at Sky about raising my monthly subscription.Any help would be most welcome.
Cheers P J B

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 13:56 - Apr 14 with 3869 viewsJuzzie

I'm not sure what you can do? Pay it or cancel. It's same with ticket prices. We rightly moan at the high costs but we have a choice, pay it or don't go. Completely unfair but we have no other options. Us UK fans are completely screwed over by Sky.

Fans abroad have no option, they can't get to games so 'happy' to pay & have the chance to watch it on TV but those of us in the UK who can go to games as well have the dilema. We created the game for what it is, no other European or South American country has the dedicated fans support right through all the divisions that we do yet we are the ones who suffer.

I'll be canceling my sports package once the season is over. I may or may not reactivate it in the autumn come the new season. It'll need tens of thousands of people to cancel their subscriptions before they act, sadly I don't think that'll ever happen and they know it so will not be bothered by the few who do.

[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 14:05]
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 14:25 - Apr 14 with 3810 viewsstevec

You probably get one of those Virgin Kahuna promos through your post. I called Sky, told them what Virgin were offering, said don't really want to change but need them to come down otherwise I'll have to consider it. Got a very decent deal for the next 8 months and about 20% cheaper than what I was previously on after that.

I don't know if it was relevant but a mate had called them about his a week or so earlier, got understandably stroppy, and they didn't offer him any discount. As such I thought better to be nice to them. Probably best not to blow a fuse, but then again I think it comes down to who you speak to as much as anything.

Good luck though.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 14:27 - Apr 14 with 3800 viewspeejaybee

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 13:56 - Apr 14 by Juzzie

I'm not sure what you can do? Pay it or cancel. It's same with ticket prices. We rightly moan at the high costs but we have a choice, pay it or don't go. Completely unfair but we have no other options. Us UK fans are completely screwed over by Sky.

Fans abroad have no option, they can't get to games so 'happy' to pay & have the chance to watch it on TV but those of us in the UK who can go to games as well have the dilema. We created the game for what it is, no other European or South American country has the dedicated fans support right through all the divisions that we do yet we are the ones who suffer.

I'll be canceling my sports package once the season is over. I may or may not reactivate it in the autumn come the new season. It'll need tens of thousands of people to cancel their subscriptions before they act, sadly I don't think that'll ever happen and they know it so will not be bothered by the few who do.

[Post edited 14 Apr 2015 14:05]

Thanks for reply,totally agree with all you say . I am led to believe that there is a phone number out there that gets you through to subscriptions, anyone know it.??????

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 15:07 - Apr 14 with 3716 viewshoof_hearted

Haggle for long enough, threaten with BT as they are having the champions league next year, cry, feign a minor stroke and hang up.

Then call back the next day and go through to disconnections. They'll have notes of the previous call so carry on politely threatening to go to BT and saying it's just too much for what you get.

I ended up on the 50% off for a year deal (the main cost but not 50% off the hd and multi room bit). Result.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 15:29 - Apr 14 with 3672 viewsHollowayRanger

mines still the same price after all these years of not having it

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 15:44 - Apr 14 with 3650 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Paying to watch adverts has never appealed to me

Tell them begone and take their fancy fabtraptions with them! Retentions will soon be on your phone offering an unbeatable deal...
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 16:26 - Apr 14 with 3596 viewsMarc

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 14:27 - Apr 14 by peejaybee

Thanks for reply,totally agree with all you say . I am led to believe that there is a phone number out there that gets you through to subscriptions, anyone know it.??????

Phone them and say you are looking to leave. They will likely stick you through to the retentions department as they wont want that happening.

I do that every time Virgin Media are looking to increase prices and always end up with the same package/price as I was already on plus something like BT Sports free for half a year.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 16:59 - Apr 14 with 3553 viewsBklynRanger

If we go down I'm getting rid of our cable tv. The football is the only thing I really need to have it for. And to a lesser extent the Mets but I can just listen on the radio or go to more games.

There's so much streaming stuff coming out now - HBO have got that new thing - 'HBO Now', Netflix etc.

Sky are definitely a rip-off. The cable companies here are too, plus the remote control and general speed of the thing are from about 1986.
Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 18:55 - Apr 14 with 3450 viewspaesanu

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 16:59 - Apr 14 by BklynRanger

If we go down I'm getting rid of our cable tv. The football is the only thing I really need to have it for. And to a lesser extent the Mets but I can just listen on the radio or go to more games.

There's so much streaming stuff coming out now - HBO have got that new thing - 'HBO Now', Netflix etc.

Sky are definitely a rip-off. The cable companies here are too, plus the remote control and general speed of the thing are from about 1986.

As streaming becomes more and more sophisticated, Sky are onto a hiding for all those billions they're going to pay Premiership players.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 13:43 - Apr 15 with 3159 viewsbaz_qpr

Call them up tell them you are going to cancel, and move to Virgin. When they ask why tell them you are getting a much better deal with Virgin and as a long time sky customer you are disgusted at how they treat their existing customer base. If you don't get a fat discount on the phone there and then, ask for the MAC code and stay insistent.
Your get a call a few days later asking whether you've used it yet and offering you a better package
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 15:15 - Apr 15 with 3125 viewsAndyB

So - for customer value for money and for fair trade - matches are opened up to other companies to bid (BT etc. and end sky
Monopoly.
Result - bidding war, bids are astronomical and sky put prices up to pay for it.

How does this so called "competition" help the customer then?
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 15:29 - Apr 15 with 3105 viewspaulparker

At the end of the season i will more than likely cancel my sports subscription
normally on saturdays i watch my daughter play football for her team and by 3pm i go to my local and watch either soccer saturday or the featured game on their dodgy satelitte , sundays i watch the early game in the pub, by that time ive had enough of football , i dont watch it at home even the big games , its a waste of money really

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 15:40 - Apr 15 with 3092 viewsthame_hoops

i find them Hit or miss with their retention offers. some times it works and ive been given a discount for a period, sometimes 'there is nothing i can do sir' and they call my bluff! i cancelled now, stream important games, wtch BT sport and for NFL i pay for their Game pass so can watch every game. losing interest in english football
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 17:18 - Apr 15 with 3040 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don't get it. Sky tied me to a contract with free broadband for 18 months a year ago (they were worried about everyone leaving for BT), and then have put the TV subscription of it up twice since then. How is that allowed?

Bare bones.

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 17:33 - Apr 15 with 3021 viewsRamseyR

I cancelled my sky subscription today having received the same letter. A big step as I've been a customer for 20 years, but everything has it's price. I called them on their cancellation number and requested a call back, to avoid me paying 10p per minute.

It took almost an hour of questions with the fella on the other end. I insisted on email confirmation of cancellation before hanging up so there were no problems in the future with them denying having had the call.

They said they couldn't email me...blah, blah. 30 mins of a stand off with me refusing to hang up and I finally got my email.

Will miss sky sports. It is a great product but I would be paying £70+ for the privilege each month. I can afford it absolutely no problem but refuse to pay such a high price to fund the lifestyle of our millionaire footballers. The same reason why I refuse to pay more than £40 a ticket for football. It may be the end of an era but so be it.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 01:11 - Apr 16 with 2875 viewsFredManRave

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 17:33 - Apr 15 by RamseyR

I cancelled my sky subscription today having received the same letter. A big step as I've been a customer for 20 years, but everything has it's price. I called them on their cancellation number and requested a call back, to avoid me paying 10p per minute.

It took almost an hour of questions with the fella on the other end. I insisted on email confirmation of cancellation before hanging up so there were no problems in the future with them denying having had the call.

They said they couldn't email me...blah, blah. 30 mins of a stand off with me refusing to hang up and I finally got my email.

Will miss sky sports. It is a great product but I would be paying £70+ for the privilege each month. I can afford it absolutely no problem but refuse to pay such a high price to fund the lifestyle of our millionaire footballers. The same reason why I refuse to pay more than £40 a ticket for football. It may be the end of an era but so be it.

Well done Chris. Can't say Í'm surprised. A typically calm and well thought out reply.

Now go and get us those 3 wins we need...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 08:28 - Apr 16 with 2803 viewsCFW

You cannot disagree that Sky is a great product. Their coverage of all sports is second to none - you only have to compare their football coverage to BT, ITV and even BBC to appreciate jut how good its is. The Sky box is a fantastic bit of kit recording, live hold, play back it has it all. Not just sport they have some other great programmes on their other channels along with the movies.

Having said all that it does come at a price and as many people have already said a big price which I feel will only get bigger. I have thought long and hard about cancelling - no because I am unable to afford it but just because it is a lot of money.

What I find frustrating with Sky is this - if you are a loyal customer (as I have been for many, many years with the complete packages) they sh1t on you - no incentives, offers sod all. If you want to be a new subscriber they will offer you the world. Also there is no consistency when you call Sky - it really does depend on who answers your call.

Recently I wanted to update my Sky box to the 2T version. I called Sky and was told it would be over £300 - I told them to stick it. I called a few days later and was told the same but when I got shirty with them they offered me a big discount and I eventually paid under £150.00. A friend of mine got the same for £50!!!! Joke really.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 09:06 - Apr 16 with 2771 viewspeejaybee

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 17:33 - Apr 15 by RamseyR

Can you tell me there Cancellation Number.
Thanks in advance.

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 09:13 - Apr 16 with 2761 viewsdanehoop

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 09:06 - Apr 16 by peejaybee

Can you tell me there Cancellation Number.
Thanks in advance.

Don't have sky. Won't pay Murdoch anything. But I do have the Internet and a quick search of sky cancellation number gave :

http://www.customerserviceguru.co.uk/articles/need-know-cancelling-sky-subscript

https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-tv/cancel-sky-tv
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 9:16]

Never knowingly understood

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 09:28 - Apr 16 with 2735 viewsdoogi55

i just log on now tv and pay for the day if theres is game i want to watch
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 09:30 - Apr 16 with 2730 viewsToast_R

Virgin are just as expensive. The HD Sports and Movie package with Broadband and phone, was topping £100.00 a month. F*ck ed them off and went to Sky who were doing the same TV package on a promotion for £25 for 2 years. Sadly BT in my area is sh*t for Broadband no infinity yet, so kept the Virgin for that. Still halved my bill though. Another year to go, then I'm quitting yhe lot and probably go for Free Sat if BT have installed infinity by then.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 9:30]
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 09:38 - Apr 16 with 2712 viewsSomersetHoops

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 08:28 - Apr 16 by CFW

You cannot disagree that Sky is a great product. Their coverage of all sports is second to none - you only have to compare their football coverage to BT, ITV and even BBC to appreciate jut how good its is. The Sky box is a fantastic bit of kit recording, live hold, play back it has it all. Not just sport they have some other great programmes on their other channels along with the movies.

Having said all that it does come at a price and as many people have already said a big price which I feel will only get bigger. I have thought long and hard about cancelling - no because I am unable to afford it but just because it is a lot of money.

What I find frustrating with Sky is this - if you are a loyal customer (as I have been for many, many years with the complete packages) they sh1t on you - no incentives, offers sod all. If you want to be a new subscriber they will offer you the world. Also there is no consistency when you call Sky - it really does depend on who answers your call.

Recently I wanted to update my Sky box to the 2T version. I called Sky and was told it would be over £300 - I told them to stick it. I called a few days later and was told the same but when I got shirty with them they offered me a big discount and I eventually paid under £150.00. A friend of mine got the same for £50!!!! Joke really.

I've recently cancelled Sky because I've started to think its funding all that is wrong with football. It takes a while for the cancellation to take effect and during that time I had two phone calls and a reduced rate offer by post. I got the impression that had I not been adamant about cancelling I could have got a pretty good offer had I pursued it on the phone. I admit I miss easy access to games at the re-arranged times Sky has made normal, but increasing on-line content is making it bearable.

Who's Next?

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 10:14 - Apr 16 with 2689 viewsLowerloftLad

When I had sky and had any issues they took all the time in the world doing not a lot and wouldn't hear anything from them .... I left I now get emails,letters with a great great deal at least twice a week. there only interested in new customers so just call up saying why has my bill gone up when joe bloggs got a great deal for joining last week then blag you have been offered a better deal with bt

50 quid a month for 1 maybe 2 games I would sit down and watch
20 quid relaxing watching them two games in the pub
30 quid better off
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 10:16]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 11:27 - Apr 16 with 2638 viewsRamseyR

Sky cancellation number is 03332 022 135. Be patient .. the operator has a script to work through. Remember to request a call back so you are not paying 10p per min from a BT landline. After the chat with the operator, he put me on hold to get a cancellation code from "a manager". probably another delay tactic. They offered me approx. 10% discount there and then, but I refused.

After heavy criticism that they don't make cancellation easy, they amended their contract last year so to cancel you have to talk to one of their operators. It's another hurdle but has removed the confusion. Sending an email or letter is not enough.

Cancellation don't kick in until 17th May, so I'm half expecting a further discount offer by post. If I get one I'll update the thread.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 11:29]
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 12:14 - May 12 with 2336 viewsRamseyR

So....having cancelled my package a month or so back, it was due to run out on Saturday.
Someone called me from sky about two weeks ago to get me to keep/negotiate my subscription, but I told them I still wanted to cancel.

I rang them again today and told them I was not getting value for money and would go ahead with cancellation unless they could make the cost more justifiable. Told them I don't watch cricket, golf, rugby, champions league (a distant dream!) etc and support a championship side.

They reduced my package (base, variety, sport, movies 2, HD) from £71.75 (after the June increase) to £41.50 for the next 10 months. No further contract tie in and invited me to have the same conversation in 10 months time.

Be patient and be prepared to hold out until very close to cancellation date and you will get a deal. I have heard that someone has managed to do this for 6 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024