Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions 13:29 - Apr 14 with 5700 viewspeejaybee

Hi everyone I need help with having a go at Sky about raising my monthly subscription.Any help would be most welcome.
Cheers P J B

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 12:38 - May 12 with 1770 viewsDiscodroids

having a nightmare with virgin at the moment .

we agreed to an 18month contract for all the usual bumflufferies, skysports. movies, hd, broadband, phoneline, free mobile calls and all that shit for £66 per month for 12 months then £120 for 6 months.

when we questioned at the time of signing that £120 was far too high, we were told we could "renegotiate the £120 down to £90' by the virgin rep

well fk me , 12 months down the line we ring them and they say theres nothing they can do as we dont have it writing, my fault, ive looked every where on e mails. letters but i cant find it written down excpet in my diary when i jotted the £90 figure down when told by the rep. i never would have agreed to it at the start.

i wouldnt mind but we left sky to join them as they wouldnt do a deal for us on their package, so we left, only to recieve SIX letters and numerous phone calls from sky offering us deals once we had signed with virgin having been adamant that they couldnt do a deal for us.

£122 !! ive told them im cancelling and want out and will pay the cancellation fee asap .

so fked off with them and jo has to deal with it all on the phone otherwise i'll lose my wrag and get in trouble.

its so arbitrary this sky/virgin price setting and very murky, i can see it getting a high street money lenders type reputation, sooner rather than later.
[Post edited 12 May 2015 12:39]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 12:52 - May 12 with 1744 viewswestberksr

Looking to cancel my sky sports and films, problem is I can't fukk them off completely as I watch loads on sky Atlantic and we don't have cable here to threaten them with virgin. Mrs won't stand for that being kicked into touch.

Will drop those 2 packages as I've realized that I've watched 3 games all season and all the films we watch are 'box office' and we pay extra for those.

If Atlantic was available anywhere else I'd be off like a shot as I get BT sports as part of my broadband contract.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 12:57 - May 12 with 1736 viewsDiscodroids

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 12:52 - May 12 by westberksr

Looking to cancel my sky sports and films, problem is I can't fukk them off completely as I watch loads on sky Atlantic and we don't have cable here to threaten them with virgin. Mrs won't stand for that being kicked into touch.

Will drop those 2 packages as I've realized that I've watched 3 games all season and all the films we watch are 'box office' and we pay extra for those.

If Atlantic was available anywhere else I'd be off like a shot as I get BT sports as part of my broadband contract.

yep, we lost atlantic by switching to virgin, only thing worth watching mate.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 13:07 - May 12 with 1713 viewsW14Hoop

We switched after our last relegation. I love watching footie as we all do, but had had enough.

Switched to the base model which includes Atlantic and Eurosport so can keep up with the cycling, has kids channels to keep the bairn happy and you know what I haven’t missed it one bit.

Obviously once the Slysports hype machine starts with the next game on screen being the biggest since the last one, you tend to feel a bit left out but a handy stream usually comes in handy.

Really, I could do with not paying Murdoch any of my hard-earnt pennnies but the missus won't give in.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 13:11 - May 12 with 1707 viewsQPR_John

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 12:52 - May 12 by westberksr

Agree about Sky Atlantic and I assume Sky are aware so cannot see it being offered anywhere else.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 23:10 - May 12 with 1598 viewsrichpr

I threaten customer services with leaving every time they put up subs - last time I got 1/2 price Sports for 6 months - think they might call my bluff soon - but if you hold out with cancelling for as long as possible - you will get a call from them offering a deal. Don't forget you have paid for 30 days in advance and you will always be able to reverse the cancellation if they call your bluff.No I'm not Frank Muir from Call My Bluff , I just like saying it alot :)
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 23:21 - May 12 with 1582 viewsthame_hoops

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 13:11 - May 12 by QPR_John

Agree about Sky Atlantic and I assume Sky are aware so cannot see it being offered anywhere else.

Atlantic is a channel on NOW TV for £6.99pm, the box is a tenner, it's fantastic
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 23:40 - May 12 with 1565 viewsted_hendrix

I moaned incessantly on the phone Months ago about the cost of having Sky, the poor Scottish bloke after speaking to his Manager came back and offered me a new 12 Months deal at half price which I naturally took, I thought at the time great I can watch us win the Ashes back from those bloody criminals who live down under and seem to spend all day on the beach drinking cans of beer for a living.
After it was painfully obvious that we were getting relegated I phoned that Scottish bloke at Sky again and told him that due to Sky's inability to distribute their wealth evenly between "all" of the football clubs I didn't want Sky any bloody more and to cancel my contract, he then offered me free films for 6 Months which I said no "I want to cancel" to which he said o.k. and my Sky package ends next week, (package is a stupid word).
Sky's shit-footballs shit-the England cricket team is shit QPR are shit and where's the fcking sense in spending money on watching television just watch relentless bloody adverts every 10 minutes about buying one jar of Morrison's pickled onions and getting the second one free.
Bolox.
[Post edited 12 May 2015 23:41]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 07:59 - May 13 with 1481 viewswestberksr

Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 23:21 - May 12 by thame_hoops

Atlantic is a channel on NOW TV for £6.99pm, the box is a tenner, it's fantastic

Yeah, I know that sky distribute it through now TV too, seem to think it might be easier to keep a basic sky package instead, might have to look into it. With Now TV does the do recording, series link and all the other shit that the sky box does?

Life's too complicated, first world problem I suppose!
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 08:34 - May 13 with 1467 viewsdoogi55

i have now tv and if there is a game i want to watch you can pay for 24 hours access ,we are not on everyweek like some clubs so it works out cheaper than going to the pub.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 13:43 - May 29 with 1355 viewsTripper

Well worth threatening to leave Sky.

I phoned and said I had an offer of a great deal from Virgin, they offered a small reduction if resigning for another year but you have to stick to your guns and get a termination date (30 days). Within three days I received a call from their 'loyalty team' and accepted a reduction from £82.00 a month to £49.00 a month for 10 months with no contract renewal.

Nice easy £300 saved for the sake of a single phone call.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 14:00 - May 29 with 1339 viewsRangersw12

I threatened to cancel and asked them to put my notice on the system for when my contract expired on the 12.07 within 24 hrs they called me offering 50% reduction which I accepted
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 15:55 - May 29 with 1302 viewsdubaistu

Whilst it doesn't help, I pay £140 a year for beIN Sports over here in the Middle East, that's for every PL game, featured championship games, Spanish League, German league, Italian league, FA and League Cup games, Champions league, 6 nations, F1, boxing, tennis and I'm sure there's some other sh1te on there too.

Sky are just greedy and have far too much chaff on the network.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 16:14 - May 29 with 1285 viewsstowmarketrange

My 2 adult children wanted Sky+HD boxes in their bedrooms,so I looked to book it online via Sky.com.They came up with a figure of £458 to install them both.
I phoned the Sky number and they are coming on Tuesday to install them for free.
Thats 1 season ticket paid for already.
Non QPR-Increased Sky Subscriptions on 13:29 - Jun 18 with 1126 viewsRamseyR

Sorry guys...more pay TV ranting from me......

I get BT Sport for free as I have BT Broadband. I only watched it on a tablet so didn't pay to watch it via the sky platform.

BT have started the ads....the new home of champions league etc...today, a letter comes through the door, that they want £5 a month for me to continue to have access to all BT channels.
Well they can fcuk right off....

There is an option to downgrade to BT lite and still get premiership for free, which I've done.
Suspect there will be millions of unhappy Manure, Arse, Chlscum, City fans. Ha!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024