Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ASB on Sunday 09:55 - Apr 16 with 3690 viewsHunterhoop

Wtf?! Where the hell did my post go?! Clive?? I didn't edit anything.

Anyway, Accrington Stanley Bowles, the QPR Supporters' XI, in a final this Sunday.

With no QPR this weekend, everyone is welcome to come along to watch. It's at Kings House playing fields, off the A316, in Chiswick, about half a mile north of Chiswick Bridge. It's free and there's a clubhouse with a bar, which is definitely open after, if not during, the game. Tis a 10.15am ko.

And no, we're not playing another Supporters' XI, but a side called Invictus from our Sunday League set up.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 17:47]
ASB this Sunday on 10:02 - Apr 16 with 3678 viewsBasingstokeR

Who are you playing?

Please say its a Chelsea Supporters' XI should and therefore everyone who turns up should boo them for 90mins?
ASB this Sunday on 10:05 - Apr 16 with 3671 viewssimmo

Are you back playing yet, Tom?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

ASB this Sunday on 11:49 - Apr 16 with 3595 viewsDorse

ASB this Sunday on 10:02 - Apr 16 by BasingstokeR

Who are you playing?

Please say its a Chelsea Supporters' XI should and therefore everyone who turns up should boo them for 90mins?

Bet they wouldn't celebrate in front of you...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

ASB this Sunday on 13:51 - Apr 16 with 3481 viewsPommyhoop

ASB this Sunday on 10:02 - Apr 16 by BasingstokeR

Who are you playing?

Dont forget your lighters.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

ASB this Sunday on 17:10 - Apr 16 with 3393 viewsoldmeadoniansR

ASB this Sunday on 13:51 - Apr 16 by Pommyhoop

Dont forget your lighters.

Is that the team Jim Frayling plays for. Rotund fella lacking a bit if pace but good on the ball.
ASB this Sunday on 17:39 - Apr 16 with 3359 viewsHunterhoop

ASB this Sunday on 17:10 - Apr 16 by oldmeadoniansR

Is that the team Jim Frayling plays for. Rotund fella lacking a bit if pace but good on the ball.

Haha! Yes, it is. He's my right hand man. He's not as rotund as he used to be either.

And yes, Simmo. Been playing all season.
ASB this Sunday on 19:15 - Apr 16 with 3243 viewsFredManRave

ASB this Sunday on 17:39 - Apr 16 by Hunterhoop

Haha! Yes, it is. He's my right hand man. He's not as rotund as he used to be either.

And yes, Simmo. Been playing all season.

Is Juzza still involved with ASB?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

ASB this Sunday on 20:04 - Apr 16 with 3198 viewsHunterhoop

ASB this Sunday on 19:15 - Apr 16 by FredManRave

Is Juzza still involved with ASB?

Not directly. We see him now and again and he's been down to the odd game. But I took over from his successor about 3 and a half years ago now. Most of the old boys are kept up to speed with how things are going via our email group and fb. We normally get one or two down to our end of season dinner too.
Login to get fewer ads

ASB this Sunday on 20:20 - Apr 16 with 3178 viewsFredManRave

ASB this Sunday on 20:04 - Apr 16 by Hunterhoop

Not directly. We see him now and again and he's been down to the odd game. But I took over from his successor about 3 and a half years ago now. Most of the old boys are kept up to speed with how things are going via our email group and fb. We normally get one or two down to our end of season dinner too.

So it's out with the old boys and in with the new, although I'm surprised Jim is still playing as surely he's one of the old boys. Do they call him Greyfriars Frayling?!

I hope ASB are as successful now as they were in Juzzas days!

Cheers for the update, Hunter.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

ASB this Sunday on 20:50 - Apr 16 with 3138 viewsHunterhoop

ASB this Sunday on 20:20 - Apr 16 by FredManRave

So it's out with the old boys and in with the new, although I'm surprised Jim is still playing as surely he's one of the old boys. Do they call him Greyfriars Frayling?!

I hope ASB are as successful now as they were in Juzzas days!

Cheers for the update, Hunter.

No worries, mate.

Not so much 'out with the old, in with the new' as that transition happened a good 5+ years ago.

We still have a few who've been around for 10 odd years: Rob the gk, Slouch, Jim, Sharkey, Tina.

But, to be fair, the rest of the squad have been involved for a good 3-4 years now, bar the odd 1 or 2 so everyone considers themselves very much 'ASB'. Things are going fairly well. Be nice to win on Sunday.

As I said, people are welcome to pop down and give their support if they fancy it.
ASB on Sunday on 09:01 - Apr 17 with 2863 viewssimmo

Will genuinely try and make it down if I can

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

ASB on Sunday on 11:34 - Apr 19 with 2241 viewsoldmeadoniansR

ASB on Sunday on 09:01 - Apr 17 by simmo

Will genuinely try and make it down if I can

Just popped down with the kids. ASB winning 1-0 near half time and much the better team.
ASB on Sunday on 12:29 - Apr 19 with 2224 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Oh dear. Now losing 2-1. 2nd period of ET just missed an unbelievable sitter.
ASB on Sunday on 15:18 - Apr 19 with 2173 viewsHunterhoop

ASB on Sunday on 12:29 - Apr 19 by oldmeadoniansR

Oh dear. Now losing 2-1. 2nd period of ET just missed an unbelievable sitter.

Yeah, we lost 3-1 (they scored a 3rd in the last seconds on the counter).

Absolutely gutted. We just did not play anywhere near our potential or the level we've played at for the last few months. So frustrating.

They hadn't had a single shot on target until they equalised with 15 min left.

We also "scored" a second at 1-1 in the 88th min which was ruled out for offside - it was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Free kick deep headed across, flicked backwards and headed in. No one offside and two players involved behind the guy playing the pass. Not one of the oppo appealed. We all went mental - never thought it could possibly be offside. Lino explained after a player of ours who wasn't involved and never touched it was offside...so not interfering! Absolutely infuriating! After the ref admitted he had no idea what he'd flagged for but that once the flag is up he has to go with it.

Ultimately, it's our fault for not playing to our standard level...but a sickening one to take. Oh, and the lad who missed that sitter to equalise with 10 left in injury time is gutted.
ASB on Sunday on 16:41 - Apr 19 with 2157 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I have to say after the first half couldn't see you losing it. not lacking effort throughout and well done for ignoring the clowns who ran on the pitch after their third goal and started abusing your keeper.
ASB on Sunday on 10:09 - Apr 20 with 1973 viewsNorthernr

Bad luck lads.
ASB on Sunday on 12:36 - Apr 20 with 1887 viewstoboboly

ASB on Sunday on 16:41 - Apr 19 by oldmeadoniansR

I have to say after the first half couldn't see you losing it. not lacking effort throughout and well done for ignoring the clowns who ran on the pitch after their third goal and started abusing your keeper.

So it WAS a scum fans' XI then.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024