Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Lord' Janner' - no trial 11:53 - Apr 16 with 5214 viewsstuabd

Outrageous. At least 25 blokes willing to testify against him. CPS say there is enough evidence to warrant a charge, but his memory has gone so he's ok.

I wonder how many of his friends helped him out on that one. Some possibly worried he'd implicate them.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/16/lord-janner-no-trial-abuse-claims

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 21:12 - Apr 16 with 2219 viewsMrSheen

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 16:47 - Apr 16 by izlingtonhoop

Ah yes, the Saunders Defence.

Wikipedia on Ernest of that name puts it succinctly:

He was sentenced to five years' imprisonment, but released after 10 months as he was believed to be suffering from Alzheimer's disease, which is incurable. He subsequently made a full recovery

If we start sending Rangers directors to prison, where will it end?
'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 07:32 - Apr 20 with 2096 viewsHayesender

‘Lord Janner, the Labour peer who escaped charges over alleged child sex abuse because he suffers from dementia had in the past criticised the justice system for excusing a suspected Nazi war criminal for the same reason.

Greville Janner has criticised the Old Bailey jury system for allowing an 86-year-old man to escape being questioned in 1997 over Nazi atrocities that had taken place in 1941 and 1942…

…Lord Janner, a former Leicester MP and chairman of the Holocaust Educational Trust had said: “I am sorry that he was not tried while he was fit enough to stand. War criminals have managed to evade prosecution under our system of justice for decades.

“There were absolutely no reasons why he should have escaped charges for ever.”

“I don’t care what bloody age they are,” he said in 2012, according to The Jewish Chronicle. “These criminals should have been dealt with years ago.”’

Don't you just love the hypocrisy of the establishment!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 08:17 - Apr 20 with 2072 viewsdanehoop

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 07:32 - Apr 20 by Hayesender

‘Lord Janner, the Labour peer who escaped charges over alleged child sex abuse because he suffers from dementia had in the past criticised the justice system for excusing a suspected Nazi war criminal for the same reason.

Greville Janner has criticised the Old Bailey jury system for allowing an 86-year-old man to escape being questioned in 1997 over Nazi atrocities that had taken place in 1941 and 1942…

…Lord Janner, a former Leicester MP and chairman of the Holocaust Educational Trust had said: “I am sorry that he was not tried while he was fit enough to stand. War criminals have managed to evade prosecution under our system of justice for decades.

“There were absolutely no reasons why he should have escaped charges for ever.”

“I don’t care what bloody age they are,” he said in 2012, according to The Jewish Chronicle. “These criminals should have been dealt with years ago.”’

Don't you just love the hypocrisy of the establishment!

Trouble is that now he probably cant remember saying that.

Never knowingly understood

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 13:43 - Apr 20 with 1971 viewsQPR_John

If only he were a journalist
'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 13:48 - Apr 20 with 1957 viewsTheBlob

Ah don't worry.He'll die mysteriously soon,unmarked grave to avoid vandalism and then be spotted sunning himself on a beach in Israel with Leon Brittan.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 19:10 - Apr 20 with 1892 viewsBromleyHoop

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 13:48 - Apr 20 by TheBlob

Ah don't worry.He'll die mysteriously soon,unmarked grave to avoid vandalism and then be spotted sunning himself on a beach in Israel with Leon Brittan.

You never miss an opportunity do you?

Poll: Who is your player of the season

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 19:30 - Apr 20 with 1866 viewsTheBlob

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 19:10 - Apr 20 by BromleyHoop

You never miss an opportunity do you?

That's rich coming from you.

But yeah,I'm like Charlie Austin with an open goal.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 19:53]

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 20:22 - Apr 20 with 1830 viewsFredManRave

Shame he couldn't be tried in absentia like Charles I.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 09:02 - Apr 21 with 1749 viewsscot1963

what is interesting to note is that Janner asked for a leave of absence in 2013 when he was being investigated again but right up to that point he had been claiming expenses and attendance allowance. He was diagnosed with dementia 4 years prior to that not long after he was previously investigated. That leave of absence is up and you would expect that would terminate his role in the Lords. A couple of points of note are that the powers that be have written to him to query whether this is indeed the case, obviously they don't understand he is non compos mentis if they feel the necessity to write to him in case he might wish to continue his role in the future or that he would even understand what was being asked of him but in fact with no capacity to sign a document due to his mental state, he has indeed signed to say he does not wish to terminate his leave of absence and would like this extended for the time being, suggesting he feels he may miraculously recover.

In a late night vote in February an amendment to a bill was defeated that would mean that those who wished to testify without being prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act could do so without fear of being charged under that Act. It was only to cover the historic abuse cases. The Conservatives and the majority of the Liberal Democrats voted against the amendment. Is there any sort of decent person who would not want this amendment to happen to allow the truth to be told?

It is time for justice for those who were abused at that time to be heard and to stop this absolute farce
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 9:08]
'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 10:21 - Apr 21 with 1704 viewsstowmarketrange

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 08:17 - Apr 20 by danehoop

Trouble is that now he probably cant remember saying that.

Or he claims that he can't remember.
'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 12:49 - Apr 21 with 1657 viewsTheBlob

What a vile world it is where sexual deviation and religion holds sway.

Janner is marginalised now,he only has support from those with the same "proclivities".He sits alone in the Lords,no one wants to be anywhere near him
Time wounds all heels as they say.

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 17:14 - Apr 21 with 1583 viewsRs_Holy

sorry... link to a Daily Mail story but it is very poignant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3046992/Why-Labour-Peer-Lord-Janner-not-
'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 17:21 - Apr 21 with 1572 viewsTheBlob

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 17:14 - Apr 21 by Rs_Holy

sorry... link to a Daily Mail story but it is very poignant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3046992/Why-Labour-Peer-Lord-Janner-not-

Private prosecutions being filed as we speak.It'll be very interesting to see how quickly the funds get squirrelled away and what pressures are put on the accusers.

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 17:39 - Apr 21 with 1557 viewsHayesender

He'll be dead (living on an island with Robert Maxwell) within weeks

Poll: Shamima Beghum

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 17:49 - Apr 21 with 1553 viewsTheBlob

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 17:39 - Apr 21 by Hayesender

He'll be dead (living on an island with Robert Maxwell) within weeks

Shhhhhhhh....you can't say things like that.You'll have Bromleyhoop berating you for such a suggestion.

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 21:59 - Apr 21 with 1489 viewsBromleyHoop

Not at all. It's just your mention of the word 'Israel' was unnecessary and a typically sly way of spreading your malign sympathies.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 22:25 - Apr 21 with 1475 viewsTheBlob

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 21:59 - Apr 21 by BromleyHoop

Not at all. It's just your mention of the word 'Israel' was unnecessary and a typically sly way of spreading your malign sympathies.

My " malign sympathies" are with the victims of these vile pieces of human filth.Are you telling me that because they are from any particular region or religion they should not be dug out?
You disgust me.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 22:30]

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 22:35 - Apr 21 with 1453 viewsShotKneesHoop

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 22:25 - Apr 21 by TheBlob

My " malign sympathies" are with the victims of these vile pieces of human filth.Are you telling me that because they are from any particular region or religion they should not be dug out?
You disgust me.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 22:30]

Calm down, calm down.

Politicians are above the law. Ask Blair.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

'Lord' Janner' - no trial on 12:17 - Apr 22 with 1347 viewsthemodfather

is anyone surprised?
another peer/mp let off....cyril smith another....and others "rumoured" to have been shielded by maggie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024