Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Leaving + Rumours 13:05 - Apr 16 with 11314 viewsGloucs_R

So, if we go down....we could lose the following:

Green - Chelsea
Murphy - contract
Caulker - West Ham
Rio Ferdinand - US
Clint Hill (C) - Retire
Mauricio Isla - Loan ends
Onouha - Hull
Matt Phillips - Southampton
Joey Barton (VC) - Contract
Karl Henry - Contract
Charlie Austin - Newcastle, Soton, Others
Eduardo Vargas - loan ends
Bobby Zamora - Retires
Mauro Zárate- Loan ends (already has!)

Thats a massive rebuilding job in the summer (again). Anyone read the article with Ramsey talking about Furlong? Basically it says that he has gone back to the u21 team to improve.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:41 - Apr 21 with 3124 viewsDANRANGER

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:32 - Apr 21 by Jamie

All great except for two minor issues.

1. As Man City found out with Tevez, you can't just leave a player rotting in the reserves
2. He can buy out the final 12 months of his contract.

Added to that, all the effort of writing off directors loans to try and appear FFP compliant will be undone by refusing a sensible offer for Austin.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 14:36]

It makes no sense to hang on to CA if he wants to go and I wouldn't begrudge him a move if we get a decent sum for him. By that I mean circa 12m. That's good business for us. We've seen in the past the likes of Sinclair go from a 10m player to a shadow of his former self and get next to nothing for him in the space of 6 months so with his contract expiring we need to sell.

Anyway we are not down yet so not an issue and either way we can expect a lot of changes this Summer.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:44 - Apr 21 with 3108 viewsGloucs_R

I would expect at least 12m possibly 15 with add ons. He would be worth more than that scoring goals for us in the Championship.

Also loving the Sterling situation. £50m to Juve? Thats £11m thank you very much.

Players Leaving + Rumours on 00:02 - Apr 22 with 2872 viewslave16

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:44 - Apr 21 by Gloucs_R

I would expect at least 12m possibly 15 with add ons. He would be worth more than that scoring goals for us in the Championship.

Also loving the Sterling situation. £50m to Juve? Thats £11m thank you very much.

if charlie leaves who scores the goals

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Players Leaving + Rumours on 08:45 - Apr 22 with 2762 viewsThGrimRanger

Players Leaving + Rumours on 00:02 - Apr 22 by lave16

now that Clint's found his range then we shouldn't have any problems with scoring goals

TheGrimRanger

Players Leaving + Rumours on 12:32 - Apr 22 with 2665 viewsPinnerPaul

Rhodes and Gestade would do for me! (Relegation assumed there obviously)
Players Leaving + Rumours on 12:58 - Apr 22 with 2633 viewsGloucs_R

Players Leaving + Rumours on 12:32 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

Rhodes and Gestade would do for me! (Relegation assumed there obviously)

Gestade, Rhodes, Vaughan, Hooper and Matt Smith (purely to mix it up a bit). Obviously not all of them!

Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:54 - Apr 22 with 2577 viewsSpiritofGregory

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:04 - Apr 21 by baz_qpr

Unless Charlie has a relegation clause (which I doubt) I'd turn down 8-12m for a proven goalscorer at premiership level and would be taking no less than 18m otherwise he stays and sees out his contract and I'd make sure his agent bloody well knows that too!

Too right.

Have people not seen the price of strikers these days?
Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:59 - Apr 22 with 2568 viewshoopdog

It would be total madness not to cash in on Charlie this summer he's the right age and in the right scoring form , hang on to him next season and the vultures will be hovering to get him for kneedash , as next season we are going to struggle big time ,
half of championship are cracking sides and well settled and I can't see us catching up with them as we are going to have to get up to 15 new players by the looks of things ,
also would other sides in the championship want to sell to us I for one wouldn't bet on it
Login to get fewer ads

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:06 - Apr 22 with 2562 viewsPinnerPaul

Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:59 - Apr 22 by hoopdog

It would be total madness not to cash in on Charlie this summer he's the right age and in the right scoring form , hang on to him next season and the vultures will be hovering to get him for kneedash , as next season we are going to struggle big time ,
half of championship are cracking sides and well settled and I can't see us catching up with them as we are going to have to get up to 15 new players by the looks of things ,
also would other sides in the championship want to sell to us I for one wouldn't bet on it

"Half are cracking sides" ???

League table strongly suggests there are only 8 who have been consistently decent and of those only top 4 have been truly "cracking" over the whole season.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 15:58 - Apr 22 with 2510 views00calben

I strongly expect Caulker's release clause will be to whoever bids the £8m we paid if we go down. Same as it was at Cardiff.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 16:12 - Apr 22 with 2481 viewsWilloW4

Players Leaving + Rumours on 15:58 - Apr 22 by 00calben

I strongly expect Caulker's release clause will be to whoever bids the £8m we paid if we go down. Same as it was at Cardiff.

I'd sell caulker for half what we paid for him, cut your losses, if he stays in the prem next season, I suspect whoever he signs for will leak goals aplenty and be stuck in the bottom 3.. History will repeat itself.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 16:57 - Apr 22 with 2423 viewsGloucs_R

I just hope we sell Austin early and get the replacements in (unless he wants to sign a new contract!)

I'd seriously be looking at

Players Leaving + Rumours on 18:53 - Apr 22 with 2319 viewshoopdog

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:06 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

League table strongly suggests there are only 8 who have been consistently decent and of those only top 4 have been truly "cracking" over the whole season.

Half are well settled side that will be to strong for us with the amount of players we have to bring in , we will be lucky to finish midtable
Players Leaving + Rumours on 18:57 - Apr 22 with 2314 viewshoopdog

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:06 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

Half are well settled side that will be to strong for us with the amount of players we have to bring in , we will be lucky to finish midtable
Players Leaving + Rumours on 19:09 - Apr 22 with 2298 viewsqprant

Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:22 - Apr 16 by ellersliehoop

I actually think we should offer Barton, Hill and Henry one year contracts

I'd love to see Barton stay along with Hill, think they have done really well for us, can't understand why some sl@g off Barton, him and Hill always give passion in the game, ok, Barton is a bit hay-wire sometimes, but overall, he plays with passion and orders the midfield.

Please don't abuse me.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 20:04 - Apr 22 with 2247 viewsbosh67

I think pretty much everyone will go at the end of the season. I think the U21 set up will migrate to the first 11 and a very much bigger U21 academy will be built with 30+ young players.

I can see Yun, Henry and Furling staying, Faurlin on pay as you play basis, but that's it. However I think Hill may join the coaching staff.

I reckon the team next campaign will be based around

McCarthy (Lennox)

Furlong Donaldson Ehmer Yun (Sendles-White/ Harriman and two early 30s veterans recruited)

Petrasso Doughty Henry Manning (Sutherland/Andrade/Faurlin and )

JUDE SPARK (Pattie/Grego Cox and 2 lower league younger strikers recruited)

We do need to have a massive U21 set up because it is the only sustainable way forward and also so we have a better chance of producing players that play a certain way in a system and who can be brought in quickly using that system. So a sort of junior Ajax/Arsenal (of old) recruitment system.

Time to give Jude and Spark a go. Slow but big!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Players Leaving + Rumours on 20:43 - Apr 22 with 2217 viewskensalriser

Players Leaving + Rumours on 20:04 - Apr 22 by bosh67

I think pretty much everyone will go at the end of the season. I think the U21 set up will migrate to the first 11 and a very much bigger U21 academy will be built with 30+ young players.

I can see Yun, Henry and Furling staying, Faurlin on pay as you play basis, but that's it. However I think Hill may join the coaching staff.

McCarthy (Lennox)

Furlong Donaldson Ehmer Yun (Sendles-White/ Harriman and two early 30s veterans recruited)

We do need to have a massive U21 set up because it is the only sustainable way forward and also so we have a better chance of producing players that play a certain way in a system and who can be brought in quickly using that system. So a sort of junior Ajax/Arsenal (of old) recruitment system.

You're out of your mind bosh! No way will the team look like that - nailed on relegation.

The owners can't afford to settle for staying out of the PL. They'll do their best to have another crack at promotion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players Leaving + Rumours on 21:43 - Apr 22 with 2151 viewsHollowayRanger

need to pick up a few first teamers released from the promoted clubs

bit like the ones we let go gorkss Connelly simpson when promoted

also try to get in on loan/buy those players that were on loan to championship sides and did well but aren't going to play for their premiership clubs next season

also any decent players from the championship religated clubs wigan must have a couple of decent ones

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Players Leaving + Rumours on 18:45 - Apr 29 with 1893 viewsdubaistu

I don't think we'll have that many choices come the start of the next season, so I expect the following to happen;

Loans going back: Zarate, Isla, Vargas, Kranjcar

End of contract release: SWP, Faurlin, Murphy, Ferdinand

End of contract new deal: Barton (2), Henry(2), Zamora (if he doesn't retire), Dunne (1), Hill (1), Green (1)

Sell: Diakite (free), Taarabt (3m?), Sandro (5m), Traore (1.5), Fer (7m)

Try hard as hell to keep: Austin, Phillips, Fer if possible

Starting team next year:

McCarthy

Suk-Young Caulker Onouha Robinson

Phillips Barton Henry Hoillet

Austin New

Potential signings: see what FFP says about that one!
Players Leaving + Rumours on 19:06 - Apr 29 with 1852 viewsDorse

Players Leaving + Rumours on 18:45 - Apr 29 by dubaistu

I don't think we'll have that many choices come the start of the next season, so I expect the following to happen;

Loans going back: Zarate, Isla, Vargas, Kranjcar

End of contract release: SWP, Faurlin, Murphy, Ferdinand

End of contract new deal: Barton (2), Henry(2), Zamora (if he doesn't retire), Dunne (1), Hill (1), Green (1)

Sell: Diakite (free), Taarabt (3m?), Sandro (5m), Traore (1.5), Fer (7m)

Try hard as hell to keep: Austin, Phillips, Fer if possible

Starting team next year:

McCarthy

Suk-Young Caulker Onouha Robinson

Phillips Barton Henry Hoillet

Austin New

Potential signings: see what FFP says about that one!

I think that team might be optimistic. Someone will come in for Caulker and both Austin and Phillips have made their bones in the Premiership. I'd be surprised if Barton doesn't look for a last move so any offer we make is going to have to match the £70k-ish that he was reportedly on when he came in. Dunne and Hill are decent enough - Lord knows, they've made me eat my words more than once - but I think we've got to think about replacements for both.

Harriman, Robinson, Furlong and Yun will be in CR's thoughts for full back berths and McCarthy is well worth his opportunity. Ehmer and Onouha could be the starting CB pairing (if we're staying with 4-4-fecking-2.Henry looks like a good fit and Doughty may well kick on, given half a chance. I hate the thought of it but Toillet might be our only option out wide unless there's another youngster we haven't considered. Up front it'll be Grego-Cox and A N Other unless we get our fingers out.

A mixed bag at best. I think we need to be absolutely clear on how we're going to set up (and facking stick to it) before buying the players that will fit the club philosophy. This has to be decided from the DoF all the way down to the youth set up. It isn't rocket science. It's not even remedial science but we will still kunt it up if we don't bring in the right manager. Given our recent history, I'm not holding my breath.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players Leaving + Rumours on 19:21 - Apr 29 with 1824 viewsLblock

Easy one for me.

Patrick Bamford with Rudy Gestede alongside him

Sell Charles and get two in for his fee with change left over
I'd take £15mill for Charlie
Spend £7.5mill on Rudy and offer Chelscum a loan for Bamford with option to go permanent in Jan / end of season at £5mill

This summer will see similar levels of surgery required that Ollie had to carry out --- not as bad as his first summer but bad enough.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Players Leaving + Rumours on 19:31 - Apr 29 with 1801 viewsYorkRanger

Players Leaving + Rumours on 20:04 - Apr 22 by bosh67

McCarthy (Lennox)

I have to say Bosh I like your posts, generally think you talk good sense and have the right philosophy about the future....

That said I think this team would be suicide.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 19:48 - Apr 29 with 1761 viewsSpiritofGregory

Isn't it about time that we found quality players in the lower leagues. I'm quite happy to get rid of the lot of them and start again.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 20:11 - Apr 29 with 1738 viewsdanehoop

Should we bring in Stephen Pressley as well to help us?

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024