Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Leaving + Rumours 13:05 - Apr 16 with 11328 viewsGloucs_R

So, if we go down....we could lose the following:

Green - Chelsea
Murphy - contract
Caulker - West Ham
Rio Ferdinand - US
Clint Hill (C) - Retire
Mauricio Isla - Loan ends
Onouha - Hull
Matt Phillips - Southampton
Joey Barton (VC) - Contract
Karl Henry - Contract
Charlie Austin - Newcastle, Soton, Others
Eduardo Vargas - loan ends
Bobby Zamora - Retires
Mauro Zárate- Loan ends (already has!)

Thats a massive rebuilding job in the summer (again). Anyone read the article with Ramsey talking about Furlong? Basically it says that he has gone back to the u21 team to improve.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Leaving + Rumours on 01:11 - Apr 17 with 2626 viewsSpiritofGregory

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:30 - Apr 16 by Gloucs_R

Onouha on £60k a week apparently. I think our cap should be £20k a week!

60k a week?! Utter madness.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 05:33 - Apr 17 with 2590 viewsFDC

Bare bones
Players Leaving + Rumours on 07:15 - Apr 17 with 2544 viewsGetMeRangers

Players Leaving + Rumours on 05:33 - Apr 17 by FDC

Bare bones

Is he a right back?
Players Leaving + Rumours on 07:51 - Apr 17 with 2506 viewsDorse

Players Leaving + Rumours on 05:33 - Apr 17 by FDC

Bare bones

His brother, Dem Bones, is good too? Plays in Germany according to Die Wurdov Die Lurd.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players Leaving + Rumours on 09:15 - Apr 21 with 2224 viewsGloucs_R

Everton interested in Austin now. Hopefully this pushes his price up and up. I would expect t o see the line "his goals are worth more to us in the Championship than selling him in the summer"

Which means selling him in the summer. If he does go, a price war is exactly what we need.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Leaving + Rumours on 09:41 - Apr 21 with 2183 viewsLowerloftLad

I'm taking an extended break from QPR at the end of the season after the last four seasons I can't take a 5th next season could be a shambles from top to bottom

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Players Leaving + Rumours on 09:49 - Apr 21 with 2171 viewsHordleHoop

Players Leaving + Rumours on 09:41 - Apr 21 by LowerloftLad

I'm taking an extended break from QPR at the end of the season after the last four seasons I can't take a 5th next season could be a shambles from top to bottom

It's for life, mate.
Don't kid yourself with the "taking a break" thing. It never leaves you 😩
Players Leaving + Rumours on 09:55 - Apr 21 with 2154 viewsLblock

Players Leaving + Rumours on 09:15 - Apr 21 by Gloucs_R

Everton interested in Austin now. Hopefully this pushes his price up and up. I would expect t o see the line "his goals are worth more to us in the Championship than selling him in the summer"

Which means selling him in the summer. If he does go, a price war is exactly what we need.

I agree

Be good if young Charles makes the next England squad and plays and scores
Hopefully Liverpool,Southampton, Swansea and Bournemouth plus the two other promoted clubs will all come to the bidding war party
Now Bungle isn't with us I'm not sure whose responsibility codsing this sale up will be though!

Ideally Charlie will stay and fire us back up but I'd be amazed on both counts

Hello to another summer of turmoil

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Players Leaving + Rumours on 10:47 - Apr 21 with 2087 viewsozexile

Massive summer of turmoil. I cant stand the fella but would offer barton another year on reduced wages but a huge bonus if we go up. We'll need his drive in the championship.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 10:55 - Apr 21 with 2069 viewsthemodfather

for me, i only want players who want to be here, want to put in the effort and show some heart
we have over paid some right to55ers lately and there's a long list
we have given long contracts too ( swp for one)
we have spent big, invested and got little back....THERE'S THE SHAME OF IT ALL....
if, if we go down...the championship will be another tough league and we won't have a open cheque book again.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 11:43 - Apr 21 with 1981 viewssimmo

I think we're going to struggle to get anywhere near what we want/deserve for Austin between him looking to go and clubs knowing that we have to sell.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players Leaving + Rumours on 11:56 - Apr 21 with 1958 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players Leaving + Rumours on 11:43 - Apr 21 by simmo

I think we're going to struggle to get anywhere near what we want/deserve for Austin between him looking to go and clubs knowing that we have to sell.

£10m is a fair price and we should get that pretty easily. I'd expect to get £12m.

Bare bones.

Players Leaving + Rumours on 12:01 - Apr 21 with 1951 viewswhittocksRs

If we stay up Austin commands a fee of £15-20m, with £18m or £19m likely. If we go down, the bidding will start at around £6m and probably end somewhere in the region of £10m-12m, which would be an absolute travesty.

If we go down, we can expect to recoup Philips' fee, around £4m, Caulker will fetch £3m or £4m, Fer could get £5m, Sandro £6m, Green £2m and Onouha £3m. That'll fetch a total of around £36m, probably about what we need to pay off the fine.

I expect Barton, Ferdinand, Zamora and SWP to exit at the end of their contracts, and the Chileans go back to their parent clubs.

Then it's a complete rebuild job, similar to but mroe extensive than the one Warnock was faced with, with perhaps Henry and Murphy signing new contracts. We won't be favourites to come back up, that's for sure.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 12:02 - Apr 21 with 1947 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players Leaving + Rumours on 12:01 - Apr 21 by whittocksRs

If we stay up Austin commands a fee of £15-20m, with £18m or £19m likely. If we go down, the bidding will start at around £6m and probably end somewhere in the region of £10m-12m, which would be an absolute travesty.

If we go down, we can expect to recoup Philips' fee, around £4m, Caulker will fetch £3m or £4m, Fer could get £5m, Sandro £6m, Green £2m and Onouha £3m. That'll fetch a total of around £36m, probably about what we need to pay off the fine.

I expect Barton, Ferdinand, Zamora and SWP to exit at the end of their contracts, and the Chileans go back to their parent clubs.

Then it's a complete rebuild job, similar to but mroe extensive than the one Warnock was faced with, with perhaps Henry and Murphy signing new contracts. We won't be favourites to come back up, that's for sure.

Not having a dig, but how did you come to those valuations?
Players Leaving + Rumours on 12:03 - Apr 21 with 1943 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players Leaving + Rumours on 11:56 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

£10m is a fair price and we should get that pretty easily. I'd expect to get £12m.

Do we owe Burnley / Swindon anything for him, like sell on fees etc?
Players Leaving + Rumours on 12:07 - Apr 21 with 1878 viewswhittocksRs

Players Leaving + Rumours on 12:02 - Apr 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not having a dig, but how did you come to those valuations?

Judging by the prices players from relegated teams have fetched in the past few seasons mainly. No science.

Teams on stronger financial footings without the prospect of FL fines i.e. Norwich have been able to demand slightly higher fees, but we're going to need to the money unless Fernandes can somehow beat FFP.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:00 - Apr 21 with 1786 viewssimmo

Players Leaving + Rumours on 11:56 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

8-12m is exactly what I was thinking, disappointing as with another few years on his contract and without the need to rebalance books we might have got twice that.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:07 - Apr 21 with 1759 viewsJuzzie

I hoping (and I can't stress 'hoping' enough!) that some good will come out of FFP and it will actually do what it is intended to do.

If, in the Football League at least, the days of one or two clubs hoovering up all the good players and paying severly higher salaries are gone then players can't just go for the money. If all clubs are paying about the same then that takes money grabbing out of the equation.

However, it does mean though that clubs with bigger capacities (which is why a new stadium for us is important) are more likely to be able to live within their means so the Championship will just become a PL MKII.

I just hope that clubs like QPR can offer players better opportunities (we've had a good record in the past of pciking up lower League players and selling them on) which will help players decide rather than just going for filthy lucre. That, of course, is down to the player and what they want but I want QPR to be a club that won't pander to mercenary players, it's been a miserable few years of that.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:19 - Apr 21 with 1731 viewsrobith

Players Leaving + Rumours on 09:55 - Apr 21 by Lblock

I agree

Be good if young Charles makes the next England squad and plays and scores
Hopefully Liverpool,Southampton, Swansea and Bournemouth plus the two other promoted clubs will all come to the bidding war party
Now Bungle isn't with us I'm not sure whose responsibility codsing this sale up will be though!

Ideally Charlie will stay and fire us back up but I'd be amazed on both counts

Hello to another summer of turmoil

I absolutely adore Charlie, and him staying when we go down would be incredible, but I find it really hard to begrudge him a move in the summer. He's run through brick walls for us, has never agitated for any move, scored an amazing number of goals.

Wherever he goes he has my absolute best wishes
Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:30 - Apr 21 with 1699 viewslave16

Players Leaving + Rumours on 09:15 - Apr 21 by Gloucs_R

If we stay up do we try to keep charlie and let his contract run down if he will not sign another I would say Yes.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:04 - Apr 21 with 1622 viewsbaz_qpr

Unless Charlie has a relegation clause (which I doubt) I'd turn down 8-12m for a proven goalscorer at premiership level and would be taking no less than 18m otherwise he stays and sees out his contract and I'd make sure his agent bloody well knows that too!
Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:17 - Apr 21 with 1601 viewsJamie

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:04 - Apr 21 by baz_qpr

Unless Charlie has a relegation clause (which I doubt) I'd turn down 8-12m for a proven goalscorer at premiership level and would be taking no less than 18m otherwise he stays and sees out his contract and I'd make sure his agent bloody well knows that too!

And then we get the inevitable transfer request, rushed sale on deadline day and no time to spend the money.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:22 - Apr 21 with 1585 viewsbaz_qpr

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:17 - Apr 21 by Jamie

And then we get the inevitable transfer request, rushed sale on deadline day and no time to spend the money.

Which we refuse, if he wants to stew in the reserves for a year he can, because 12 months is a long time in football and he would become a forgotten man. Watford refused to sell priced their man correctly and reaped the benefits. I don't believe for a minute he would want to do that, he's not that kind of lad. No cut price deals required we are not a charity and he signed a contract when in the championship. If he wants to go for £15m then he better sign a new one with clauses to allow that
Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:26 - Apr 21 with 1577 viewsJuzzie

Contracts work both ways, about time players (not Austin as I too think he's not that kind of person) realised that.

They want the filthy lucre? OK, but there are ceratin things they have to honour too.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:32 - Apr 21 with 1565 viewsJamie

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:22 - Apr 21 by baz_qpr

Which we refuse, if he wants to stew in the reserves for a year he can, because 12 months is a long time in football and he would become a forgotten man. Watford refused to sell priced their man correctly and reaped the benefits. I don't believe for a minute he would want to do that, he's not that kind of lad. No cut price deals required we are not a charity and he signed a contract when in the championship. If he wants to go for £15m then he better sign a new one with clauses to allow that

All great except for two minor issues.

1. As Man City found out with Tevez, you can't just leave a player rotting in the reserves
2. He can buy out the final 12 months of his contract.

Added to that, all the effort of writing off directors loans to try and appear FFP compliant will be undone by refusing a sensible offer for Austin.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 14:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024