Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Leaving + Rumours 13:05 - Apr 16 with 11327 viewsGloucs_R

So, if we go down....we could lose the following:

Green - Chelsea
Murphy - contract
Caulker - West Ham
Rio Ferdinand - US
Clint Hill (C) - Retire
Mauricio Isla - Loan ends
Onouha - Hull
Matt Phillips - Southampton
Joey Barton (VC) - Contract
Karl Henry - Contract
Charlie Austin - Newcastle, Soton, Others
Eduardo Vargas - loan ends
Bobby Zamora - Retires
Mauro Zárate- Loan ends (already has!)

Thats a massive rebuilding job in the summer (again). Anyone read the article with Ramsey talking about Furlong? Basically it says that he has gone back to the u21 team to improve.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:18 - Apr 16 with 5393 viewsGetMeRangers

Think you can add SWP to the list... not that he would be missed!

Lets hope there are no transfer embargoes
Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:18 - Apr 16 with 5393 viewsfrancisbowles

I believe we should try to hang on to most of those on a contract (Hill (still does a job when needed), Caulker, Onouha, Phillips, Austin) That still leaves us looking for nine players to make up a squad of 25 which we will probably need to make a promotion challenge.

Otherwise we need to integrate fourteen!

If we are not in it at Christmas then sell some in January.

However, you would have to be really poor to be out of the race in the Championship by Christmas.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:19 - Apr 16 with 5388 viewssimmo

Green to Chelsea??

I think we've discussed already but I would expect most of our new signings to have relegation release clauses so they can go for an affordable amount. That includes Caulker, Sandro and possibly Fer. Charlie will definitely go and I doubt Joseph Christ will accept what we'll offer, that's IF he can get anybody to take him...

I'd like to see us offer Henry a 1 year deal, think he's earnt it. Hopefully Onouha, McCarthy, YSY and Phillips stay. I am not fussed about spending to come straight back up, I just hope we retain the players that 'get it' and look to build a proper team with a longer term plan. We will need a whole new strike force though, maybe 2 permanent and one loan, which could be problematic and costly...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:22 - Apr 16 with 5368 viewsellersliehoop

I actually think we should offer Barton, Hill and Henry one year contracts
Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:36 - Apr 16 with 5286 viewsJamie

Players Leaving + Rumours on 13:19 - Apr 16 by simmo

Green to Chelsea??

I think we've discussed already but I would expect most of our new signings to have relegation release clauses so they can go for an affordable amount. That includes Caulker, Sandro and possibly Fer. Charlie will definitely go and I doubt Joseph Christ will accept what we'll offer, that's IF he can get anybody to take him...

I'd like to see us offer Henry a 1 year deal, think he's earnt it. Hopefully Onouha, McCarthy, YSY and Phillips stay. I am not fussed about spending to come straight back up, I just hope we retain the players that 'get it' and look to build a proper team with a longer term plan. We will need a whole new strike force though, maybe 2 permanent and one loan, which could be problematic and costly...

City apparently want Green as their #3 and to provide a HGP.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:10 - Apr 16 with 5163 viewsJonDoeman

We're going to need someone who knows how to build a team. Ramsey?
And has to be said our DOFs one deal so far bringing Zarate in, doesn't inspire confidence!

It Is What It Is !!

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:17 - Apr 16 with 5139 viewsGloucs_R

I'd bring back Simpson at Leicester or Sam Byram at Leeds, Mills at Bolton, Vaughan at Hudders, Hooper at Norwich, Jake Forster-Caskey at Brighton.

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:21 - Apr 16 with 5133 viewsadhoc_qpr

You've missed out:

Krancjar - loan expires
Faurlin - contract expires
Traore - wasn't it a one year extension last summer?
SWP - contract expires (woohoo!)
Sandro - no one will buy him, i bet we loan him to a club in Spain (picking up the wages tab too)
Fer - surely he'll be sold too?
We'll deffo want to move Taarabt and Hoillet on (no idea whether we'll be able too)

I think we should keep Onouha to build a defence around (unless his wages are really extortionate).

I wonder if Caulker has a relegation clause, obviously he did in his Cardiff deal, so i expect he'll be off despite patchy performances.

Phillips has at least doubled his asking price in the last 2 months, so that's something.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 14:23]
Login to get fewer ads

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:28 - Apr 16 with 5103 viewsSimonJames

IMAO (especially if we go down), the "powers that be" need to sit down at the end of the season and try work out what playing style QPR should adopt, now and on the future, and then recruit appropriately.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:29 - Apr 16 with 5097 viewsthemodfather

what of adel?
barton must be nearing the end of his term/sentence!

many should have gone during the close season last time
including harry "genius" redkrapp
Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:30 - Apr 16 with 5098 viewsGloucs_R

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:21 - Apr 16 by adhoc_qpr

You've missed out:

Krancjar - loan expires
Sandro - no one will buy him, i bet we loan him to a club in Spain (picking up the wages tab too)
We'll deffo want to move Taarabt and Hoillet on (no idea whether we'll be able too)

I think we should keep Onouha to build a defence around (unless his wages are really extortionate).

I wonder if Caulker has a relegation clause, obviously he did in his Cardiff deal, so i expect he'll be off despite patchy performances.

Phillips has at least doubled his asking price in the last 2 months, so that's something.

Onouha on £60k a week apparently. I think our cap should be £20k a week!

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:34 - Apr 16 with 5081 viewsdaveB

Caulker and Fer are facing back to back relegations so no guarantee they will have clubs queuing up for them
Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:38 - Apr 16 with 5069 viewsGloucs_R

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:34 - Apr 16 by daveB

Caulker and Fer are facing back to back relegations so no guarantee they will have clubs queuing up for them

Playing Fer off a front man could be the way forward next season. I'd go for a 4231 formation as we "could" have the players for that.

Henry / Sando
Phillips / Fer / Adel
*new forward*

Saying that. Genuinely cant see any of the above here next season apart from (hopefully) Henry.

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:45 - Apr 16 with 5041 viewspaulparker

Barton
SWP
Rio
Murphy
Zamora
Kranjkar
Dunne
all end at the end of the contracts and should be shown the door

Traore
Caulker
Green
Austin
Fer
Sandro
Hoilett
Adel

will be sold or in the case of hoilett,Adel & traore should be sent on loan for the season away from the club

Isla
Vargas
Zarate (WTF happended to him BTW )
will all go back to there clubs

that leaves the following i think will be here or should be here

Hill 1 year contract
Faurlin, pay as you play
Phillips ,i think we can hang on to him for another season
YSY,
Mcarthey , should be number 1 next year
Henry, another 1 year deal
Ehmer, Doughty, Furlong, Sutherland, Grego-Cox , Petrasso , should be used through out the season

so its important that the right man is in place for the summer, we need a proper in depth interview process to take place with budgets discussed and what players they would recruit and what style of play we will use

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:48 - Apr 16 with 5037 viewsGloucs_R

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:45 - Apr 16 by paulparker

Barton
SWP
Rio
Murphy
Zamora
Kranjkar
Dunne
all end at the end of the contracts and should be shown the door

Traore
Caulker
Green
Austin
Fer
Sandro
Hoilett
Adel

will be sold or in the case of hoilett,Adel & traore should be sent on loan for the season away from the club

Isla
Vargas
Zarate (WTF happended to him BTW )
will all go back to there clubs

that leaves the following i think will be here or should be here

Hill 1 year contract
Faurlin, pay as you play
Phillips ,i think we can hang on to him for another season
YSY,
Mcarthey , should be number 1 next year
Henry, another 1 year deal
Ehmer, Doughty, Furlong, Sutherland, Grego-Cox , Petrasso , should be used through out the season

so its important that the right man is in place for the summer, we need a proper in depth interview process to take place with budgets discussed and what players they would recruit and what style of play we will use

Dont agree with Hill being offered another contract. No room for sentiment, the Championship is an unforgiving league. I would offer Dunne another year though

I thought Niko signed for 2 years? - edit - loan again and leaves this season
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 14:49]

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:56 - Apr 16 with 5002 viewspaulparker

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:48 - Apr 16 by Gloucs_R

Dont agree with Hill being offered another contract. No room for sentiment, the Championship is an unforgiving league. I would offer Dunne another year though

I thought Niko signed for 2 years? - edit - loan again and leaves this season
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 14:49]

2 years for Niko ?? please no

for me if you going to keep either Dunne or Hill, its has to be Clint
he can play LB or CB and i would have him on the coaching team as well or help run the youth team, also he doesnt get as many injuries as Dunne

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players Leaving + Rumours on 15:45 - Apr 16 with 4899 viewsWilloW4

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:21 - Apr 16 by adhoc_qpr

You've missed out:

Krancjar - loan expires

"Build a defence around onohua"...."caulker, patchy performances".... What ? Ned is hugely overratted, and caulker hasn't had patchy performances, he's been deeply average all season... Happily see the pair of them leave.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 15:55 - Apr 16 with 4877 viewsdaveB

Players Leaving + Rumours on 14:56 - Apr 16 by paulparker

2 years for Niko ?? please no

for me if you going to keep either Dunne or Hill, its has to be Clint
he can play LB or CB and i would have him on the coaching team as well or help run the youth team, also he doesnt get as many injuries as Dunne

Niko is only on loan
Players Leaving + Rumours on 17:07 - Apr 16 with 4708 viewsTGRRRSSS

Many well into their 30s of this squad or injury prone.
Faurlin fit and healthy I'd want to stay, however 2 knee injuries and rarely got back to anywhere near his best. Time to go elsewhere? No room for sentiment re Hill either but possibly a coaching capacity
Players Leaving + Rumours on 17:43 - Apr 16 with 4622 viewsbarbicanranger

The annoying thing about this squad is I can see a lot of them going on to be steady, regular players at mid-level premier league sides, shame they never clicked at QPR.

Yet again we find ourselves in a black or white position at the end of a season i) no doubt if we stay up the Austins, Onouhas,, Caulkers, Fers, Bartons, etc. will be looking to stay and we could find ourselves consolidating a decent core of a squad that a few proper signings could improve on, ii) if we go down the same set of players will be looking to wriggle out of the club and we'll be left with the no hopers.

I was actually pleased at certain points under Redknapp that our better prospects hadn't shone in the premier league as I knew we'd have a good squad next season but Phillips, for example, has done enough over the last 5/6 games for a top flight side to take a punt on.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 19:40 - Apr 16 with 4408 viewsHollowayRanger

id keep dunne and hill odds are neither will do 48 games but id certainly want one of them playing every game as the rest of the defence could be lacking in leadership

McCarthy
new onouha dunne yun

new henry new new

new new

those new brothers will be legends!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Players Leaving + Rumours on 19:47 - Apr 16 with 4384 viewsWilloW4

Players Leaving + Rumours on 19:40 - Apr 16 by HollowayRanger

id keep dunne and hill odds are neither will do 48 games but id certainly want one of them playing every game as the rest of the defence could be lacking in leadership

McCarthy
new onouha dunne yun

new henry new new

new new

those new brothers will be legends!

Good 'new' team holloway but, I'd sign another 'new' player instead of Ned....!
Players Leaving + Rumours on 21:12 - Apr 16 with 4265 viewsGloucs_R

So basically we are screwed.

Players Leaving + Rumours on 23:33 - Apr 16 with 4118 viewsNW5Hoop

Players Leaving + Rumours on 21:12 - Apr 16 by Gloucs_R

So basically we are screwed.

Screwed on players leaving, and probably screwed on players joining, too. With FFP, plus lower income, plus the debt, I find it hard to believe the owners are going to want to invest heavily all over again. I suspect that if we're relegated, our team next season will be a mixture of kids, frees on low wages and old lags who've been released elsewhere. If we're relegated, budgets are massively slashed and Ramsey isn't given the job permanently, I think we'll find it hard to attract a decent manager, and I wouldn't be in the least surprised if we struggled enormously in the Championship.
Players Leaving + Rumours on 00:49 - Apr 17 with 4048 viewskensalriser

I disagree.

The current owners are not here to settle for staying in the Championship, there's no upside in that. They will want and need to get back to the Premier League. Perhaps not using previous dubious strategies, but I will be surprised if there is not a serious attempt to keep as many of the better players as possible and add enough quality for another promotion campaign.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024