Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew 16:54 - Apr 19 with 8083 viewsQPR1882

3 managers that were slagged off when mentioned as QPR managers, done alright thus far ain't they,
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 16:59 - Apr 20 with 2059 viewsTheBlob

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 16:57 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

My enemy's enemy is my friend.

I imagine this is why they all call you Mr.Warmth.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 17:16 - Apr 20 with 2030 viewswhittocksRs

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 16:58 - Apr 20 by daveB

The best outcome for the football league is we stay up and they fine us. If we go down I'm not sure they will know what to do

They can't fine us if we stay up though, means we're out of their jurisdiction and they'd have to hold the fine until we came down. Annoyingly, if we stay up we probably wouldn't be hit by the Premier League, which currently allows losses of up to £105m (if I've read the rules properly).
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 17:36 - Apr 20 with 2016 viewswood_hoop

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 10:13 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Still wouldn't want Sherwood. The guy's a cnt.

x 100, the nicest thing that could be said of him.

CR may or may not be the answer to the absolute dilemma we face,here or more likely in the Championship, not from when he started has he had a squad of players that come near those of the trio mentioned, yet he has given it a bloody good go, very weary some of the brickbats thrown at him, wonder if they all started on a level playing field if things would quite be as they are.

No worries about Sherwood winning the cup, Arsenal far superior to Villa and yes they struggled against Reading odds very much against them being the same against Villa, with luck relegation and cup losers will be shut the pompous ars* up for a good while
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 20:35 - Apr 20 with 1933 viewsdaveB

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 17:16 - Apr 20 by whittocksRs

They can't fine us if we stay up though, means we're out of their jurisdiction and they'd have to hold the fine until we came down. Annoyingly, if we stay up we probably wouldn't be hit by the Premier League, which currently allows losses of up to £105m (if I've read the rules properly).

They can fine us if we stay up which is the best result for everyone, going down means transfer embargo according to the old rules
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 21:48 - Apr 20 with 1895 viewsPommyhoop

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 16:20 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Yes super player, but he was a super player and had made a first team breakthrough before Sherwood got there. Within a couple of weeks Sherwood will be claiming credit for his entire career. Villa knew what they had there, already fended off a bid from Chelsea and got him on a long contract before Sherwood arrived. I've noticed we're already getting "Sherwood: How I got Beneteke scoring" articles now. As if Benteke hasn't been scoring, and propping Villa up, for two years before he pitched up. He keeps dropping Ryan Mason into chats about how wonderful he was at Spurs and how he gave all these youngsters a chance - Ryan Mason first team appearances, sub appearances and goals under Sherwood 0(0) 0.

I'm not convinced. And more than that, I think he's a prck. And we've had enough prcks at our club to last us a lifetime.

He's certainly learned from the master.
Before our away match 'H' was asked about Begovic. He was delighted to tell us He signed him for Pompey and he always knew that he'd be a top top keeper. A million % faith in him I think he said- Asmir Begović first team appearances ,sub appearances under Harry Redknapp 0 ( 0 ).

Jump to 11.18 for a classic piece of' H' bullshittery and c'ntishness. Aided and abetted by the prick of a sycophant journo who asked the fluffer question.he even followed up with 'You tried to get him for Spurs didn't you. Perfectly pitched for 'H'

It's worth listening on for the final question and answer from 'H' the away match maestro on tactics and preparation..
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 22:26]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 21:59 - Apr 20 with 1884 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 20:35 - Apr 20 by daveB

They can fine us if we stay up which is the best result for everyone, going down means transfer embargo according to the old rules

Why don't we just pay this fvcking fine.

Yeah I know what Chelsea and City have been doing, and that is equally despicable. We are QPR however and I would like to support a club not surrounded by farce for a change.

It's rules are there for good reason, and dodging it will make us cheats in my opinion.

Let's take the hit, balance the books, and become a grown up football club in whatever division that leaves us in.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 22:03]
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 06:52 - Apr 21 with 1797 viewstimcocking

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 17:16 - Apr 19 by TheBlob

Well done Tim.Won me a bit of wonga at 5/1.The world's about winners,nothing wrong with a bit of self confidence.

I find him a bit annoying, but the abuse he seems to get for showing some passion always surprises me.

Plenty on here always keen to slag off any players or managers of our own or other teams, or indeed other posters for any reason.
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 08:30 - Apr 21 with 1744 viewsMvpeter

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 21:59 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah I know what Chelsea and City have been doing, and that is equally despicable. We are QPR however and I would like to support a club not surrounded by farce for a change.

It's rules are there for good reason, and dodging it will make us cheats in my opinion.

Let's take the hit, balance the books, and become a grown up football club in whatever division that leaves us in.

And then pay the one next year and the one after that and the one after that and then we're bankrupt. Great plan, just throw money away.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Login to get fewer ads

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 08:37 - Apr 21 with 1738 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 08:30 - Apr 21 by Mvpeter

And then pay the one next year and the one after that and the one after that and then we're bankrupt. Great plan, just throw money away.

I'm not sure if you are serious or being ironic ........
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 12:11 - Apr 21 with 1691 viewswhittocksRs

Fernandes isn't rich enough to pay this fine off. His personal fortune is in the mid-hundred millions, so a £50m-odd fine would be a massive hit to his business empire, especially considering he's already written off £60m this season. That's the key problem here. As grim as it sounds, we probably need a bigger sugar daddy to come in and buy him out to steady the ship.
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 12:18 - Apr 21 with 1680 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 12:11 - Apr 21 by whittocksRs

Fernandes isn't rich enough to pay this fine off. His personal fortune is in the mid-hundred millions, so a £50m-odd fine would be a massive hit to his business empire, especially considering he's already written off £60m this season. That's the key problem here. As grim as it sounds, we probably need a bigger sugar daddy to come in and buy him out to steady the ship.

Isn't he the chairman of a group of shareholders?

Also I've never actually seen the exact amount they want from us? Was this £50m odd fine announced by the football league? Or is it speculation?
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 12:26 - Apr 21 with 1664 viewsTacticalR

Miniature sugar daddies just don't cut it in the modern game.

Air hostess clique

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 12:54 - Apr 21 with 1618 viewsTheBlob

Can't he just shunt the fine(if any)/legal costs onto the club's debt structure?

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:03 - Apr 21 with 1596 viewsR_from_afar

I've no idea where things have got to with us and FFP but do bear in mind lex mitior (that legal thing whereby if a law becomes more lenient, those taken to task when the law was stricter can argue that the now more lenient terms be applied).

I don't fully understand FFP but I seem to recall that it has been watered a bit recently, in which case, if we are clobbered over FFP, our legal team will plead lex mitior. Or something...

On the Sherwood front, the fact that he wanted the same remuneration as the vastly more experienced Redknapp still rankles with me. If you apply his demands to a player transfer situation e.g. an agent hawking a striker who has had one good season for the same price as one who has had a number, we would say no way should QPR pay the same money.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:09 - Apr 21 with 1581 viewsTheBlob

Looking forward to Saturdays(or whenever Sky deigns to show it) is no longer the delight it used to be.It's like anticipating a visit from the mother in law now.

And I don't even have a mother in law.*

*Said the same to Antti Heinola in a pm,but there one must remember to use words of one syllable otherwise the poor chap gets confused.

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:13 - Apr 21 with 1571 viewsTacticalR

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:03 - Apr 21 by R_from_afar

I've no idea where things have got to with us and FFP but do bear in mind lex mitior (that legal thing whereby if a law becomes more lenient, those taken to task when the law was stricter can argue that the now more lenient terms be applied).

I don't fully understand FFP but I seem to recall that it has been watered a bit recently, in which case, if we are clobbered over FFP, our legal team will plead lex mitior. Or something...

On the Sherwood front, the fact that he wanted the same remuneration as the vastly more experienced Redknapp still rankles with me. If you apply his demands to a player transfer situation e.g. an agent hawking a striker who has had one good season for the same price as one who has had a number, we would say no way should QPR pay the same money.

RFA

There was a discussion the other night on Off the Ball about whether Sherwood had been underestimated, and one of the points made was that he was seen as another Redknapp.

Air hostess clique

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:20 - Apr 21 with 1561 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:09 - Apr 21 by TheBlob

Looking forward to Saturdays(or whenever Sky deigns to show it) is no longer the delight it used to be.It's like anticipating a visit from the mother in law now.

And I don't even have a mother in law.*

*Said the same to Antti Heinola in a pm,but there one must remember to use words of one syllable otherwise the poor chap gets confused.

Why are you so full of bile and passive aggression?
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:23 - Apr 21 with 1551 viewsTacticalR

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:20 - Apr 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

It's cheaper than yoga classes.

Air hostess clique

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:29 - Apr 21 with 1524 viewsTheBlob

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 13:20 - Apr 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Home cooking.

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 14:24 - Apr 21 with 1483 viewsJamie

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 20:35 - Apr 20 by daveB

With so many players out of contract in the summer, can't see an embargo being enforceable.

More likely a large fine, 18 man first team squad restriction and January embargo.
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 14:28 - Apr 21 with 1474 viewsRangersw12

I'm all for the club fighting the football league through the courts on this one the rules came into place after we got promoted so technically we never signed up to these rules in the first place

The fact the football league have said the fine will go to charity shows how much they think it can be upheld and will just try and guilt trip clubs into paying it

FFP is a load of rubbish anyway and all its doing is allowing the big clubs to stay big and nobody will be able to touch the elite, also if some billionaire wants to take over Hayes and get them into the Premier League then as long as they don't leave the club in massive debt there is nothing wrong with that.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 14:29]
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 15:10 - Apr 21 with 1439 viewsDANRANGER

Back to the OP. You cannot compare managing 1 team to another and as mentioned Mark Hughes proves that. We are broken and I'm not against Sherwood as much as some but I wouldn't want him as our manager. Pulis would have tried to make us too defensive and using what we have we probably would be relegated by now and Pardew wasn't an option but again is too arrogant to manage us.

I would stick with Ramsey whatever happens now and build for the future. I just can't see who we could go for and he's doing OK considering what he has been left to work with.
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 15:38 - Apr 21 with 1415 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 14:28 - Apr 21 by Rangersw12

I'm all for the club fighting the football league through the courts on this one the rules came into place after we got promoted so technically we never signed up to these rules in the first place

The fact the football league have said the fine will go to charity shows how much they think it can be upheld and will just try and guilt trip clubs into paying it

FFP is a load of rubbish anyway and all its doing is allowing the big clubs to stay big and nobody will be able to touch the elite, also if some billionaire wants to take over Hayes and get them into the Premier League then as long as they don't leave the club in massive debt there is nothing wrong with that.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 14:29]

The alternative is no restrictions and clubs buy their way to success or go bankrupt. We have nearly done both in recent years.

We may not legally be obliged , but I think morally we are.
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 15:57 - Apr 21 with 1398 viewsRangersw12

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 15:38 - Apr 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

The alternative is no restrictions and clubs buy their way to success or go bankrupt. We have nearly done both in recent years.

We may not legally be obliged , but I think morally we are.

The alternative if they really want it to be fair is introduce salary caps , boards have to write off debt and not saddle it to clubs and go back to splitting gate receipts 50/50

If FFP is implemented properly then the top 4 will stay the top 4 forever and the same clubs will keep getting promoted

We have no moral objection to pay the football league anything IMO
Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 14:16 - Apr 22 with 1294 viewswhittocksRs

Sherwood,Pulis and Pardew on 15:57 - Apr 21 by Rangersw12

The alternative if they really want it to be fair is introduce salary caps , boards have to write off debt and not saddle it to clubs and go back to splitting gate receipts 50/50

If FFP is implemented properly then the top 4 will stay the top 4 forever and the same clubs will keep getting promoted

We have no moral objection to pay the football league anything IMO

Football and morals can't even be mentioned in the same sentence any more. There's no moral imperative, but there's probably going to be a legal one of we can't outsmart the FL lawyers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024