Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin Tyler 09:58 - Apr 20 with 6572 viewsRangers67

Is this guy a scum supporter ? Watching a bit of their game against Man U and he couldn,t be more up Moanrihnios arse if he tried. He even said at one stage this ground has the best atmosphere in the south of England !!!!!!
He needs help
Martin Tyler on 10:10 - Apr 20 with 5168 viewsNorthernr

He's actually hardcore Woking, if there is such a thing. And he's always seemed to have a soft spot for us.
Martin Tyler on 11:20 - Apr 20 with 5046 viewstoboboly

Martin Tyler on 10:10 - Apr 20 by Northernr

He's actually hardcore Woking, if there is such a thing. And he's always seemed to have a soft spot for us.

Worked at Kingstonian for a number of years until recently. Found he always creams over whichever team is the "biggest". Can't get his tongue up Utd or the Scums arse quick enough. Imagine he was completely confused at the weekend.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Martin Tyler on 12:21 - Apr 20 with 4969 viewsTheBlob

He says he "holds a torch" for ManUre,not so much a torch as a f*cking great searchlight.The amount of times he says Manchester United or quotes useless facts about such aforementioned gits is legendary - especially in games when they're not even involved.We used to have a sweepstake to the effect - the time in which(after kick off) he would utter those two words in a non-Ure scenario.
The record was 27 seconds.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Martin Tyler on 12:34 - Apr 20 with 4922 viewsRangers67

The puzzling thing is there was plenty of publicity earlier in the season after our game at Scumford Bridge about the lack of atmosphere from the home fans and that the Scummers were even considering pipeing crowd noise in during the game. How could he have missed that ?
Martin Tyler on 12:49 - Apr 20 with 4872 viewsWokingR

Martin Tyler on 10:10 - Apr 20 by Northernr

I thought I was Hardcore Woking
Martin Tyler on 13:07 - Apr 20 with 4829 viewsAgedR

Martin Tyler on 12:49 - Apr 20 by WokingR

I thought I was Hardcore Woking

Ahh, how I miss those Fridays on LFW before the great censorship scandal...

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/96374/Way-We-Were-The-Original-Trailer-.html

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Martin Tyler on 13:26 - Apr 20 with 4781 viewsCamberleyR

Martin Tyler on 12:21 - Apr 20 by TheBlob

He says he "holds a torch" for ManUre,not so much a torch as a f*cking great searchlight.The amount of times he says Manchester United or quotes useless facts about such aforementioned gits is legendary - especially in games when they're not even involved.We used to have a sweepstake to the effect - the time in which(after kick off) he would utter those two words in a non-Ure scenario.
The record was 27 seconds.

Sure you're not confusing him with Clive Turdsley?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Martin Tyler on 13:33 - Apr 20 with 4762 viewsTheBlob

Martin Tyler on 13:26 - Apr 20 by CamberleyR

Sure you're not confusing him with Clive Turdsley?

Close - but no cigar.

If I hear that recording of Tyler shouting "AGUERRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAA" one more time ......

Login to get fewer ads

Martin Tyler on 13:42 - Apr 20 with 4743 viewsdaveB

I've always liked Martin Tyler, think he's one of the best ever commentators.
Martin Tyler on 13:45 - Apr 20 with 4732 viewsTheBlob

Martin Tyler on 13:42 - Apr 20 by daveB

I've always liked Martin Tyler, think he's one of the best ever commentators.

If only he'd spend more time commenting on the actual football that's being presented rather than inane facts and figures/histories.

about Manchester United.

Martin Tyler on 14:07 - Apr 20 with 4684 viewsMonahoop

Martin Tyler on 13:45 - Apr 20 by TheBlob

If only he'd spend more time commenting on the actual football that's being presented rather than inane facts and figures/histories.

about Manchester United.

He's typical of what's become of sports commentators today, giving out bilge about statistics and inane facts that no one can give a flying frig about. Just commentate what you see fool! Coleman, Woolstenholme, Moore etc, must be turning in their graves at the standard of commentary these days.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Martin Tyler on 16:12 - Apr 20 with 4579 viewswhittocksRs

Genuinely would rather he preferred Chelsea to United. My hatred for the sanctimonious shit United staff, players and fans come out with, plus the f*cking millions of plastics around the world, is only matched by my hatred John Terry.
Martin Tyler on 17:27 - Apr 20 with 4538 viewssmegma

Ive seen him at Harlington twice this season watching our reserves.
Martin Tyler on 18:35 - Apr 20 with 4485 viewscollegeranger

Assistant Manager now at Hampton & Richmond.

http://www.hamptonfc.net/s/the-team-110868.html?coach_id=1272415

Only does commentaries on Sunday or Monday now.

I like him and he is usually unbiased!!
Martin Tyler on 19:21 - Apr 20 with 4441 viewsToast_R

Martin Tyler on 14:07 - Apr 20 by Monahoop

He's typical of what's become of sports commentators today, giving out bilge about statistics and inane facts that no one can give a flying frig about. Just commentate what you see fool! Coleman, Woolstenholme, Moore etc, must be turning in their graves at the standard of commentary these days.

Coleman was crap. 1 nil......, 2 nil etc.
Brian"and it's in there" Moore. Hmm

Motty and Alan Parry my favourites.
Martin Tyler on 12:58 - Apr 21 with 4272 viewsthemodfather

it seems near all the current commentators are crap, biased and bore me, hence the slow death of motd....
robbie savage and michael owen and co ffs!!
shearer, could bore paint off the walls, lawro is disinterested, lineker looks like he's been sectioned in jail for his protection with that beard...
and all those fools on itv, bah!
Martin Tyler on 13:08 - Apr 21 with 4252 viewsbob566

i'm amazed at the gulf between gary and phil neville as punters. Worlds apart.

The girl who used to get the one token game on MOTD was awful.

I've said it a million times on here. The best i've heard is on irish tv. Trevor Steven. Just brilliant. Unfortunately been phased out by Ronnie Whelans introduction.

But if i was heading up a tv stations sports dept I would be head hunting him.
Martin Tyler on 13:12 - Apr 21 with 4245 viewsR_from_afar

Martin Tyler on 14:07 - Apr 20 by Monahoop

Spot on! The standard of radio commentaries in particular has plumbed new depths. Following a match thread on here is probably more informative and helpful.

The clowns on the radio seem to forget that unlike with the telly, us punters cannot actually see what is happening while the commentator and his sidekick are chuntering on about the two club's history, Hodgson, the FA Cup match on later, the 'phone-in, and the parking ticket one of them got while trying to park near the ground.

Grrrrrrr

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Martin Tyler on 13:55 - Apr 21 with 4216 viewsNorthernr

Mike Ingham with Jimmy Armfield as his co on Five Live was wonderful. Used to commute a lot and work lates, driving back down the motorway listening to those two do a match was a rare pleasure. Complete, intricate description of the game delivered effortlessly, with proper analysis and comment. Sadly, they used to hand over to Alan Green for 20 minutes of "this is offal" each half and even more tragically every time I put that fcking station on now Robbie Savage is honking away.

Sky have shown with Neville and Carragher that what football fans want is proper analysis. Something they wouldn't have noticed themselves, an explanation as to why something has happened - insight. Neville and Carragher will spend 15 minutes looking at a goalkeeper's positioning, and it works. What amazes me is that not only has nobody else cottoned onto this, but they've almost all gone in entirely the opposite direction. You can forgive TalkSport Collymore, because at the end of the day the station exists to enrage van drivers and get them to ring in, but why are BBC Radio, BBC TV, BT and others not looking at this and thinking "God that's going well isn't it? Why don't we do a bit of that?"

I don't want your opinions really. Everybody has an opinion. I can go to the pub or the message board or the lift at work if I want to hear somebody making an outlandish point about how Didier Drogba was always bloody rubbish anyway. By all means offer me an opinion, and then give me four or five clips, and two or three insights from your career to prove it, but don't just honk it at me. Who is it in telly land that is looking at Robbie Savage and listening to him and thinking this is what people want? How many times is he going to say while commentating on the radio "look at this replay" or "you can see here". I can't you fcking simpleton, I'm listening to the radio.

Same with Phil Neville, who is even more irritating now as a pundit than he has been for the last six years at Everton where everybody loved to tell me he was a wonderful midfield player holding the team together while I sat and watched a different match where Mikel Arteta got a sore back carrying him through matches.

I like that Richie Benaud comment - if you can add something to what's happening out there then do. Otherwise shut up.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Martin Tyler on 14:25 - Apr 21 with 4161 viewsTacticalR

@Northernr 'why are BBC Radio, BBC TV, BT and others not looking at this and thinking "God that's going well isn't it? Why don't we do a bit of that?"'

Everyone knows that the proles don't have the mental powers to follow explanations. These only serve to confuse them and lead to undue mental stress. Instead they must be given the lowest common denominator (i.e. the loud braying of Robbie Savage).

Air hostess clique

Martin Tyler on 18:24 - Apr 21 with 4092 viewsted_hendrix

Barry Davies was a superb commentator the knobs nowadays don't come close.
They talk shit

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Martin Tyler on 22:40 - Apr 21 with 4017 viewsMrSheen

I still like listening to games called by John Murray and Colm McNamara, they actually seem to be enjoying themselves, but don't think they have to over-praise the players. Ron Jones was good, but I think he's on Irish radio now. Archie McPherson when he'd had a few was entertaining.
Martin Tyler on 09:18 - Apr 22 with 3943 viewsMonahoop

Martin Tyler on 22:40 - Apr 21 by MrSheen

I still like listening to games called by John Murray and Colm McNamara, they actually seem to be enjoying themselves, but don't think they have to over-praise the players. Ron Jones was good, but I think he's on Irish radio now. Archie McPherson when he'd had a few was entertaining.

Ron Jones does indeed commentate on Irish radio these days, on Premier League Live on Today FM. Has always been a favourite commentator of mine. Clear, concise, old school and doesn't add needless opinions. Just commentates like a commentator should. Your other choices Mr Sheen, are good too.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Martin Tyler on 13:05 - Apr 22 with 3887 viewsLincoln_Hoop

Martin Tyler on 09:18 - Apr 22 by Monahoop

Ron Jones does indeed commentate on Irish radio these days, on Premier League Live on Today FM. Has always been a favourite commentator of mine. Clear, concise, old school and doesn't add needless opinions. Just commentates like a commentator should. Your other choices Mr Sheen, are good too.

I think Ian Darke is also clear, concise, old school etc. He's good to follow on Twitter too.

Barry Davies was always a favourite too.
Martin Tyler on 23:32 - Apr 22 with 3801 viewsRs_Holy

Martin Tyler on 13:05 - Apr 22 by Lincoln_Hoop

I think Ian Darke is also clear, concise, old school etc. He's good to follow on Twitter too.

Barry Davies was always a favourite too.

Ian Darke is my favourite of the current bunch too... I really miss his boxing commentary now that he is on BT.
Hugh Johns, Gerald Sinstadt, and of course Barry Davies were a different class back in the day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024