Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1/9 to get relegated? 19:00 - Apr 20 with 5277 viewsWestonsuperR

I had a quick look at the relegation odds earlier and was amazed to see we are as short as 1/9. I'm a natural pessimist and think we are likely to go down but surely 1/9 is too short when you consider we have West Ham, Newcastle and Leicester still to play? Only Burnley 1/3 and Hull 4/5 are odds on.

If any of the more optimistic fans think we will stay up I suggest looking for some odds for us to stay up, I have seen them being offered before, they would clearly have to be quite generous.
1/9 to get relegated? on 19:17 - Apr 20 with 3997 viewsToast_R

We're not staying up. Watch us not beat West Ham.
Leicester won 3 in a row and have a game in hand. Burnley us and Hull for sure to drop.
1/9 to get relegated? on 19:24 - Apr 20 with 3977 viewsjohncharles

Nothing has been decided yet.

Strong and stable my arse.

1/9 to get relegated? on 19:51 - Apr 20 with 3908 viewskensalriser

Leicester's game in hand is against Chelsea, so that will probably leave them only a worse GD.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

1/9 to get relegated? on 19:56 - Apr 20 with 3897 viewsWestonsuperR

1/9 to get relegated? on 19:17 - Apr 20 by Toast_R

We're not staying up. Watch us not beat West Ham.
Leicester won 3 in a row and have a game in hand. Burnley us and Hull for sure to drop.

Unfortunately I think you may be correct, although do wonder if Sunderland may replace Burnley in the bottom 3, especially with Burnley playing Villa last match who will almost certainly be safe.
1/9 to get relegated? on 20:12 - Apr 20 with 3861 viewsCHUBBS

1/9 to get relegated? on 19:51 - Apr 20 by kensalriser

Leicester's game in hand is against Chelsea, so that will probably leave them only a worse GD.

Yes but they have 4 home games left and 5 of their remaining games are winable ones.
I can't see us getting anything from our 2 away games however the other 3 are doable.
We have to win them,get to 35 points and pray.
we have a defence that crumbled under no real pressure so I'll be amazed if they can keep them out when the chips are down.
If I didn't support Rangers I'd have us down as relegation certainties.
We still live in hope to the bitter end.
1/9 to get relegated? on 20:13 - Apr 20 with 3858 viewsFredManRave

Agree with the OP that 1/9 seems extremely short, especially when you think that we could be out of the bottom 3 by the weekend. Whilst our performances have been promising over recent games the results and our subsequent form guide would at least back up the fact we're probably favourites for the drop. Unfortunately playing well and getting narrowly beaten by just the 1 goal against Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs doesn't actually count for anything.

We really need to beat West Ham at the weekend to have any real chance of staying up though and I actually think we will...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

1/9 to get relegated? on 20:31 - Apr 20 with 3793 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes, 5-1 to stay up is a value bet and a few of my (non-QPR-supporting) mates are on that. Sunderland, Hull and one of us or Burnley to go down.
1/9 to get relegated? on 20:33 - Apr 20 with 3788 viewsdaveB

We just need to win on Saturday and see where that leaves us
Login to get fewer ads

1/9 to get relegated? on 21:00 - Apr 20 with 3713 viewsElHoop

We're 1/5 with Betfair:

QPR 1.21
Burnley 1.4
Hull 1.82
Sunderland 1.96
Leicester 3.35
Villa 12.5
1/9 to get relegated? on 21:40 - Apr 20 with 3601 viewsFredManRave

1/9 to get relegated? on 20:33 - Apr 20 by daveB

We just need to win on Saturday and see where that leaves us

Is "just need to" the new "must"?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

1/9 to get relegated? on 22:59 - Apr 20 with 3434 viewskropotkin41

Don't they say the bookies are rarely wrong? But those odds seem a little harsh on us. Clearly Leicester's sparkling form of late has done us no favours.......... but if we do some how manage a win on Saturday it could make those odds look a bit farcical straight away.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

1/9 to get relegated? on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 3412 viewsdaveB

1/9 to get relegated? on 22:59 - Apr 20 by kropotkin41

Don't they say the bookies are rarely wrong? But those odds seem a little harsh on us. Clearly Leicester's sparkling form of late has done us no favours.......... but if we do some how manage a win on Saturday it could make those odds look a bit farcical straight away.

the bookies are often wrong when it comes to football
1/9 to get relegated? on 02:12 - Apr 21 with 3311 viewsDylanP

Bookies are often wrong, but I don't think they are on this one. I wouldn't be taking anyone's money on us going down. We missed every chance that has been laid out for us. Oh well. Nothing wrong with the Championship. Maybe we will re-discovered the wonder that was Adel!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

1/9 to get relegated? on 05:19 - Apr 21 with 3262 viewsJAPRANGERS

1/9 to get relegated? on 02:12 - Apr 21 by DylanP

Bookies are often wrong, but I don't think they are on this one. I wouldn't be taking anyone's money on us going down. We missed every chance that has been laid out for us. Oh well. Nothing wrong with the Championship. Maybe we will re-discovered the wonder that was Adel!

The Championship is fine except for the fact that there is a dearth of internet feeds.
1/9 to get relegated? on 07:38 - Apr 21 with 3183 viewsGetMeRangers

1/9 to get relegated? on 22:59 - Apr 20 by kropotkin41

I may have got this wrong, but I thought bookies rarely get it wrong because they run a book. Provided they do that well then they shouldnt lose.

Those laying bets are overwhelming of the opinion that we are down. However, sometimes it goes wrong for bookies. I remember well teh morning of the last day of the Bootham test and my father saying at breakfast that 100-1 for England to win was bonkers in a two horse race.

What does surprise me is the odds given on either Sunderland or Hull. Their run ins look dreadful, whereas I do believe ours gives us a chance.

I dont bet normally, but at 5-1 I am tempted. I still think it will be Sunderland and Hull and one of the promoted sides that goes down
1/9 to get relegated? on 07:46 - Apr 21 with 3163 viewskingsburyR

I'm a glass half full kind of guy but I can't see us getting out of this.

I see nothing that says we will win our remaining home games.

Look how many games we have lost by the odd goal. We will draw or lose at least one of the West Ham/Newcastle games.

But I'll be there roaring them on as ever!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

1/9 to get relegated? on 08:02 - Apr 21 with 3132 viewsLowerloftLad

1/9 is the odds on us trying to stay up in the championship next season
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 8:02]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

1/9 to get relegated? on 08:02 - Apr 21 with 3126 viewsdanehoop

Realistically we have been down since just after Christmas. Bagpuss realised that, but chose to walk at a time when anyone who could have fixed it would have no chance. The key now is how we play for the remainder of the season.

Play with pride, passion, intensity and a little skill would be good. Win some games to pressure on others around us will be encouraging. Putting ourselves in the best position for rebuilding for next season. That means ensuring that Charlie scores even more goals to become an even more saleable asset and we appear to be an attractive option for those who we might to join us.

If we go down with a whimper and just accept our fate meekly then it makes it much more difficult to build again next year.

Never knowingly understood

1/9 to get relegated? on 10:11 - Apr 21 with 2998 viewsstowmarketrange

1/9 to get relegated? on 08:02 - Apr 21 by danehoop

Realistically we have been down since just after Christmas. Bagpuss realised that, but chose to walk at a time when anyone who could have fixed it would have no chance. The key now is how we play for the remainder of the season.

Play with pride, passion, intensity and a little skill would be good. Win some games to pressure on others around us will be encouraging. Putting ourselves in the best position for rebuilding for next season. That means ensuring that Charlie scores even more goals to become an even more saleable asset and we appear to be an attractive option for those who we might to join us.

If we go down with a whimper and just accept our fate meekly then it makes it much more difficult to build again next year.

What a cheerful chap you are.We are still realistically in with a good chance of saving ourselves with some relatively easy games to come amongst the last 5.
I agree that we were virtually relegated by Christmas with Rednapp in charge,but now he's gone,the team seems to be able to win a game or 2.
We haven't been relegated yet and IF we win on Saturday,a lot of teams who thought they were safe will start to panic.
Strange results happen at this time of the year don't they?Didn't Fulham win their last 3 games and stay up?And also Wigan?
We have a team that is playing better than the last relegation team were,so until the final nail is put in the coffin lid,we have to believe that we can still escape from this mess.
1/9 to get relegated? on 10:36 - Apr 21 with 2964 viewsdaveB

Leicester have shown that realistically no one was down at Christmas and no one is down now either
1/9 to get relegated? on 10:49 - Apr 21 with 2933 viewsstevec

Our best hope is if Leicester are already safe on the last day.

And maybe some form of miracle at either Liverpool or Man C.

Oh, and beating West Ham and Newcastle.
1/9 to get relegated? on 10:59 - Apr 21 with 2910 viewsCroydonCaptJack

1/9 to get relegated? on 08:02 - Apr 21 by LowerloftLad

1/9 is the odds on us trying to stay up in the championship next season
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 8:02]

Yes, like last time eh!
1/9 to get relegated? on 11:38 - Apr 21 with 2824 viewsAntti_Heinola

My suspicion is we won't win on saturday and all this talk will be over. Leicester now look like they will make it. Burnley, like us, look doomed, not least because they've stopped scoring goals. At least we're scoring, which gives us a chance - that and the fact Sunderland and Hull look bl00dy awful.

Bare bones.

1/9 to get relegated? on 11:52 - Apr 21 with 2798 viewsHunterhoop

1/9 to get relegated? on 11:38 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

My suspicion is we won't win on saturday and all this talk will be over. Leicester now look like they will make it. Burnley, like us, look doomed, not least because they've stopped scoring goals. At least we're scoring, which gives us a chance - that and the fact Sunderland and Hull look bl00dy awful.

1/9 means that bookie thinks we'll stay up 1 in 10 times from this position. I think that's a bit harsh.

But I'd only increase our chances to 2 in 10, which is 1/4.

That's there or thereabouts where Betfair are (and several other bookies)

We "probably" need to win a minimum of 3 games from 5. We have only 2 home games and an away game at a relegation rival. Even if we win 3 from 5, we still are probably no better from evens to survive based on most likely, how Burnley and Sunderland have fared over the last 5 games.

Ironically, win on Saturday and results go our way, and you'll probably see us drop to 1/3 or even 2/5 with most bookies, which, I would actually suggest is worth betting on. I reckon that's actually good value for us to go down.

However, unless you're betting big big sums, there is no point in betting on this whatsoever.
1/9 to get relegated? on 12:04 - Apr 21 with 2780 viewswhittocksRs

1/9 is definitely short at this stage, but it's probably accurate as I just don't see us staying up. Those odds will lengthen to about 1/25 if we lose to West Ham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024