Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages 18:24 - Apr 21 with 2218 viewsrichranger

According to figures just released, QPR's wages budget was the 8th highest in the country - LAST SEASON - when we were still in the Championship! We spent twice as much on wages than we earned at the turnstiles.

No wonder we are in so much debt. A sea change of attitude is needed - fast.

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 18:52 - Apr 21 with 2173 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Post of the year.
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 19:49 - Apr 21 with 2088 viewsHollowayRanger

shocking and shameful if true

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 20:33 - Apr 21 with 2025 viewsQPR_ARG

And I had to read people saying Harry did a great job last season!

Yeah, how about being 8th on the wages ranking and finishing 24th in the country? (20 teams in Premier League and then we finished 4th one division below).

This season wasn't too different in that sense.

And he was the only manager in the whole of England to fail to get a point away from home.

Embarrassing for him and the people who still regard him highly.
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 21:05 - Apr 21 with 1978 viewscarlh5266

There only 1 person to blame for this and it ain`t, Warnock, Hughes or Redknapp.

Some blow smoke up his Cadbury alley while begging for a retweet, other sing his name.
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 21:34 - Apr 21 with 1936 viewsdaveB

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 20:33 - Apr 21 by QPR_ARG

And I had to read people saying Harry did a great job last season!

Yeah, how about being 8th on the wages ranking and finishing 24th in the country? (20 teams in Premier League and then we finished 4th one division below).

This season wasn't too different in that sense.

And he was the only manager in the whole of England to fail to get a point away from home.

Embarrassing for him and the people who still regard him highly.

I haven't seen anyone say he did a great job last season but we could have won the league with 150 points winning every game 10-0 and we still would have been 21st which would have been pretty rubbish on paper with those wages
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 21:36 - Apr 21 with 1930 viewsQPR_ARG

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 21:34 - Apr 21 by daveB

I haven't seen anyone say he did a great job last season but we could have won the league with 150 points winning every game 10-0 and we still would have been 21st which would have been pretty rubbish on paper with those wages

Good point. But it only happened because HARRY failed to keep us up with more than 20 matches to play for when he got appointed.

And yes, there were plenty of people singing his praise (before and after the Wembley playoff final).

In here and on Twitter too.
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 21:40 - Apr 21 with 1920 viewsdaveB

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 21:36 - Apr 21 by QPR_ARG

Good point. But it only happened because HARRY failed to keep us up with more than 20 matches to play for when he got appointed.

And yes, there were plenty of people singing his praise (before and after the Wembley playoff final).

In here and on Twitter too.

singing his praises for getting us up not the same as saying he did a great job, whatever way you look at it getting a team promoted from that league is a good achievement and deserves some praise. Doesn't mean he did a great job but the wage bill has to be down to the chief exec and board more than the manager but even with a great season we'd have still finished below 12 teams with a smaller wage budget
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 08:54 - Apr 22 with 1695 viewsMvpeter

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 21:40 - Apr 21 by daveB

singing his praises for getting us up not the same as saying he did a great job, whatever way you look at it getting a team promoted from that league is a good achievement and deserves some praise. Doesn't mean he did a great job but the wage bill has to be down to the chief exec and board more than the manager but even with a great season we'd have still finished below 12 teams with a smaller wage budget

No, it was not an achievement, it was an underachievement. He deserves a firing squad not praise.

The £140m loss over the two years was the responsibility of the board but it was due to this charlatan.

and still they praise him...

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 09:34 - Apr 22 with 1660 viewskensalriser

Undeniably the most disliked QPR manager ever to have won promotion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 09:58 - Apr 22 with 1636 viewsdaveB

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 08:54 - Apr 22 by Mvpeter

No, it was not an achievement, it was an underachievement. He deserves a firing squad not praise.

The £140m loss over the two years was the responsibility of the board but it was due to this charlatan.

and still they praise him...

how is achieving promotion an under achievement?
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 10:10 - Apr 22 with 1615 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 09:58 - Apr 22 by daveB

how is achieving promotion an under achievement?

We came 4th, Dave.
I'd say Pellgrini is under-achieving, as are Man City, no? And Liverpool?

Bare bones.

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 10:38 - Apr 22 with 1583 viewsdaveB

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 10:10 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

We came 4th, Dave.
I'd say Pellgrini is under-achieving, as are Man City, no? And Liverpool?

I'm not suggesting 4th was great and everything was wonderful last season but to get promoted is an achievement, to say it isn't is ridiculous.

Steve Mclaren gets praised to high heaven for bottling automatic promotion 2 years on the trot, it's not easy to get out of that league as we'll be finding out soon.
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 10:42 - Apr 22 with 1579 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Why does everyone think we had a right to completely walk the League last year? We went down with one of the worst ever Premier League squads, had to get about 8 players off the team and try and get other teams to buy them. Had to completely overturn the team, buying Dunne, Henry, Austin and Phillips (all looking very good pieces of business at the moment) and somehow get the confidence to get promoted again. Yes, we had a large budget for it, but its not as if Reading or Wigan did better than us, and they probably brought as many players for us. Or what about the £11m splashed by Fulham this season on a striker? Not doing so great are they? Championship is a competitive league and we had no right to walk all over it. Promotion therefore was still an achievement. It doesn't mean people think he deserves the highest of praise, but no one should slaughter him for getting promoted but not finishing 1st in doing so

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 11:45 - Apr 22 with 1533 viewsranger08

Shocking stat… another reminder of how badly run we are
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 13:11 - Apr 22 with 1459 viewsFredManRave

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 10:38 - Apr 22 by daveB

I'm not suggesting 4th was great and everything was wonderful last season but to get promoted is an achievement, to say it isn't is ridiculous.

Steve Mclaren gets praised to high heaven for bottling automatic promotion 2 years on the trot, it's not easy to get out of that league as we'll be finding out soon.

You're right, we probably will be finding out soon and to make that even worse no doubt Harry will be reappearing to remind us of the fact and therefore what a triffic, fentestic achievement it was for him to get us out at the first attempt. History books will show the result but not the whole story. But like it or not the fact remains that he got us promoted and you have to (begrudgingly) accept it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 13:47 - Apr 22 with 1404 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 10:42 - Apr 22 by RANGERS4EVER

Why does everyone think we had a right to completely walk the League last year? We went down with one of the worst ever Premier League squads, had to get about 8 players off the team and try and get other teams to buy them. Had to completely overturn the team, buying Dunne, Henry, Austin and Phillips (all looking very good pieces of business at the moment) and somehow get the confidence to get promoted again. Yes, we had a large budget for it, but its not as if Reading or Wigan did better than us, and they probably brought as many players for us. Or what about the £11m splashed by Fulham this season on a striker? Not doing so great are they? Championship is a competitive league and we had no right to walk all over it. Promotion therefore was still an achievement. It doesn't mean people think he deserves the highest of praise, but no one should slaughter him for getting promoted but not finishing 1st in doing so

We didn't have a right. Who said that? But, and particularly because of our start, yes, we should have come first or second.
If one more person starts going on about how we had to offload players and get people to buy them blah blah blah, I'll stick a compass in Blob's eye. How hard was it for anyone to ask clubs to take on players while we continued to pay them a decent portion of their wages?
Reading and Wigan didn't have the 8th biggest budget in the country either. Far from it.

Of course it was an achievement, though, to say otherwise (which no one has) is silly. And next season will be hellishly difficult - relegation is a real possibility IMO.

Bare bones.

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 14:03 - Apr 22 with 1387 viewsdaveB

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 13:47 - Apr 22 by Antti_Heinola

We didn't have a right. Who said that? But, and particularly because of our start, yes, we should have come first or second.
If one more person starts going on about how we had to offload players and get people to buy them blah blah blah, I'll stick a compass in Blob's eye. How hard was it for anyone to ask clubs to take on players while we continued to pay them a decent portion of their wages?
Reading and Wigan didn't have the 8th biggest budget in the country either. Far from it.

Of course it was an achievement, though, to say otherwise (which no one has) is silly. And next season will be hellishly difficult - relegation is a real possibility IMO.

someone posted on this very thread that promotion wasn't an achievement.

I don't buy that it was easy to offload players and bring the right players in, credit should be given to Redknapp managing to do that pretty well despite all of the things he did wrong in his time in charge.
QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 15:53 - Apr 22 with 1342 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 14:03 - Apr 22 by daveB

someone posted on this very thread that promotion wasn't an achievement.

I don't buy that it was easy to offload players and bring the right players in, credit should be given to Redknapp managing to do that pretty well despite all of the things he did wrong in his time in charge.

Players were either out of contract or offered out on extremely good terms to their new clubs - and Redknapp likely had very little to do with that. Why would he? Most of that - shocking I know - was likely down to Beard - and let's not pretend ANY of them were particularly good deals for the club.
The players he got in that summer and last summer have only exacerbated our problems because of the massive overhaul needed within a year on both occasions. Sorry, but I'm not going to give him a blowie for signing a striker who'd just scored 28 goals in the league we were in and wasn't even his first choice.

Bare bones.

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 16:11 - Apr 22 with 1322 viewsMvpeter

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 10:42 - Apr 22 by RANGERS4EVER

We let some contracts run out, required no work.
Bought the star players from the previous season, required no work.

If you're mentioning another teams budget then clearly you don't understand the VAST gulf between us and any other championship team in history.

He deserves no praise, only scorn.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

QPR 8th in the league - on paying wages on 17:09 - Apr 22 with 1269 viewsDorse

'In every bag of shite, there is a spark of gold. It may only be the wrapper off a Caramac, but it's there...' Paul Calf

These figures serve to highlight, for me, the work being undertaken by Les Ferdinand and Co (which includes, incredible as it may seem, Mr Fernandes) to restructure the club from a 'Year Zero' starting point in 2015/16. The organisation, in its current state, is clearly haemorrhaging cash and failing to produce the requisite minimum standards in light of the investment. It cannot continue to operate under these conditions and will, most likely, be down over £60m per year in revenue from next year. Parachute payments are a farce and rarely do anything to forestall the inevitable, so relying on them instead of addressing the root cause of the problem is a mug's game. Ask Leeds fans, for example.

The spark of gold may simply be the glint of SWP's Bentley disappearing round the corner. However, that's £60k a week that the club no longer has to spend. Therein lies the potential salvation for the club. We're all talking about how QPR are going to invest in youth and not hire duffers on sky high wages anymore. This is because that's the message that's out there: and every player and agent has read what we've read. How welcome do you think Kia Joorabchian's phone call will be next season? Will we be talking up Defoe or the boy Crouchie? Will we fark. Anyone with half a brain will see Austin and Phillips making their Premiership bones, getting sold on for big money and say: 'Me too'. If we can go back to the Seaman, Sinton, Ferdinand, Peacock et al days where players came in, did well and made the big move then I'll be a happy bunny. And if players like Doughty, Ehmer, Grego-Cox, Harriman, Andrade etc get a fair shake (presumably in the Championship) then who knows? 10 or 15 games in the Hoops might see them kick on or make us a million here and there?

Got to be better than what we're doing now. I've stayed out of the TF debates because I don't know how I feel about him but I'm right on board with what Sir Les is doing.

'Dorse in non-sarcastic / weird / borderline libellous post shocker'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024