Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? 18:36 - Apr 24 with 6825 viewsJigsore

Karl Henry at it this time, getting absolute pelters for this

just what we need ahead of a crucial game at West Ham

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 18:41 - Apr 24 with 5424 viewsRed_Ranger

dick
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 18:53 - Apr 24 with 5375 viewsR_from_afar

He is making himself look a fool. Surely he cannot believe all the fans who pay his wages are Conservative voters? Is he suffering from "brain fade"?

I have seen a similar thing in my working life. A guy who owns an analyst firm which tracks the software market has recently started including political articles in his firm's daily bulletins.

IBM this, Sage that, HP the other then wallop, an article on why Labour are allegedly so much worse for business than the Conservatives. It's just not appopriate for him to mix his politics with his business. He will have alienated paying clients with these political rants of his (and he also landed himself in very hot water when a unintentionally derogative comment of his about a left-leaning businessman went viral, causing a storm of criticism and leading to him making an embarrassing, grovelling apology (the utter b3ll end)).

How can people be so arrogant and conceited?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:34 - Apr 24 with 5261 viewsGloucs_R

Agree with him.

Nothing embarrassing with what he is saying. Everyone is allowed their own opinion.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 5230 viewsessextaxiboy

I agree with him . He took the time to type "footballers aside" .

High earners are demonised , I have always just wanted to be one . Earn it , win it , steal it , inherit it ... There is only one of them that I can do ... Done 3 airport jobs today , 3 more to do before going to LR tomorrow .
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 5230 viewsfakekerby

I don't disagree with him, but probably best he focuses on football rather than politics.
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:48 - Apr 24 with 5226 viewsDylanP

More to the point, are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on the field????

Just kidding. Charlie Austin never embarrasses himself on the field.

I don't know why he would say something like that. He is a football player. At best, he is going to alienate about half the crowd. Why can't they all just shut up and let their play do the talking.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:52 - Apr 24 with 5209 viewsessextaxiboy

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:48 - Apr 24 by DylanP

More to the point, are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on the field????

Just kidding. Charlie Austin never embarrasses himself on the field.

I don't know why he would say something like that. He is a football player. At best, he is going to alienate about half the crowd. Why can't they all just shut up and let their play do the talking.

If you were living on benefits going to a Premier League game would be low on your list of priority spending wouldnt it ?

Its not a cheap day out is it ?
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:55 - Apr 24 with 5198 viewsTacticalR

Millionaire votes Conservative shocker

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:58 - Apr 24 with 5183 viewsGloucs_R

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:55 - Apr 24 by TacticalR

Millionaire votes Conservative shocker

Genuine question...who does Barton follow? Labour?

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:11 - Apr 24 with 5133 viewsHollowayRanger

got no time for people born to money
but got no problem with those who worked hard and achived wealth good for them

why should people think they are entitled without putting in the effort

another example in the standard today 21 year old single mother of 2 with another due any day complaining that shes having to live in emergency acommidation and wants a better home paid for by us

frigging joke keep your knickers on tart and earn a living to pay for a home

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:13 - Apr 24 with 5128 viewsTacticalR

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 19:58 - Apr 24 by Gloucs_R

Genuine question...who does Barton follow? Labour?

I think we decided he swings both ways.

Joey Left or Right?
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/114103

Air hostess clique

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 5096 viewsessextaxiboy

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:11 - Apr 24 by HollowayRanger

got no time for people born to money
but got no problem with those who worked hard and achived wealth good for them

why should people think they are entitled without putting in the effort

another example in the standard today 21 year old single mother of 2 with another due any day complaining that shes having to live in emergency acommidation and wants a better home paid for by us

frigging joke keep your knickers on tart and earn a living to pay for a home

You cant help being born into money . You can enjoy the privelege with humility, restraint and respect other people .. and look at yourself in the mirror
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:23 - Apr 24 with 5083 viewsPunteR

I don't think he's embarrassing the club. It's just his political opinion. Footballers have done much worse.
One thing I will say is I'm a self employed carpenter and believe it or not I work my backside off. I've got a wife and 3 kids to provide for and I'm entitled to some benefits ,which I have no problem in claiming.
I'm not political at all but I do think we have it good in this country compared to some other countries. There are genuine cases where people have to receive benefits, I've no problem if some of my taxes go there. I'm still in the 20% tax bracket though so I might feel different if I had to pay 40% of my earnings.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:39 - Apr 24 with 5031 viewsSaycey

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, free country and all that.

I do object when players extend their sense of entitlement to using the following they have in virtue of their skills on a football pitch to pushing their own agendas.

I'm pretty sure the players I greatly admire didn't sound off about politics in public. I'm thinking Macca, Bards, Willo, Gallen. Yes it's a different world now with high wages and social media. But I believe a player still has a responsibility to represent their club and its fans. Clint is the current embodiment of this spirit.

I think the Twitter diarrhoea of Joey and Henry does bring the club into disrepute. As for Karl, I think it is putting an unpleasant tarnish on what has been a great season for him.

I think it also speaks volumes about our club when the chairman ignores the advice of his own staff and continues to make unwise / silly statements on Twitter.
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:43 - Apr 24 with 5014 viewsHantsR

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:23 - Apr 24 by PunteR

I don't think he's embarrassing the club. It's just his political opinion. Footballers have done much worse.
One thing I will say is I'm a self employed carpenter and believe it or not I work my backside off. I've got a wife and 3 kids to provide for and I'm entitled to some benefits ,which I have no problem in claiming.
I'm not political at all but I do think we have it good in this country compared to some other countries. There are genuine cases where people have to receive benefits, I've no problem if some of my taxes go there. I'm still in the 20% tax bracket though so I might feel different if I had to pay 40% of my earnings.

I paid tax at 40% but didn't consider myself a big earner.

However I have no problem with deserving cases earning big money or receiving benefits, whichever end of the scale they happen to be.

Henry is wrong to think that those who support a benefits system, have no issue with the abuse of that system - of course they do. Similarly those who look angrily and possibly enviously at big earners are only really concerned about those who acquire it or use it illegally, unfairly, immorally or evade tax.
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:43 - Apr 24 with 5009 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Oh no, a player gives a political view before an election. At 4:00pm. He should be training. Burn him alive

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:46 - Apr 24 with 4995 viewsGloucs_R

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 20:23 - Apr 24 by PunteR

I'm a 40% tax payer and have no issue with paying a fking lot of tax as long as its used sensibly on people who genuinely need it.

Too many take the pish though. Too many try to get out of paying too.

Everybody on benefits and not working should be doing voluntry work imo.

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 21:04 - Apr 24 with 4951 viewscarlh5266

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media?

They just follow the Chairman`s example
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 21:25 - Apr 24 with 4888 viewsToast_R

I don't understand the Twitter obsession really. People write crap on there to provoke a reaction and hundreds of dicks fall for it every time.

"I'm following this person, who I actually can't stand and when they write something I don't agree with I'm going to have a period over it". What a waste of life.
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 21:49 - Apr 24 with 4831 viewsFredManRave

The account has obviously been hacked by 1BobbyHazel

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 10:38 - Apr 25 with 4363 viewsNW5Hoop

1. No problem with people making money. That's the nature of the world we live in.
2. But if Karl Henry believes the rich are demonised more than those on benefits, he's living in a parallel universe I don't recognise. I see stories about benefits abuse in the Mail, Sun, Express, Telegraph, Star almost every day. I hear the government announcing the need to cut back on benefits almost every day. I don't see anything like that volume of calls for higher taxation for the rich (or the "high net worth" as they now like to style themselves).
3. He ought to actually look at the figures. According to the Department of Work and Pensions, welfare fraud accounted for 0.7% of payments in 2012/13 - that's £1.2bn. Curiously, the DWP itself said it underpaid benefits to claimants by £1.4bn that year. So benefits fraud is actually cancelled out and then some by payments mistakes. Guess how much that year was lost through tax evasion - not avoidance, but evasion alone? £4.1bn.
4. Most importantly, though, I hate the self justification of the rich, their assumption that their success is theirs and theirs alone and no one else should benefit from it. Because it's just not true. Take Karl Henry: he wouldn't have become a Premier League football without the work of scores of people who will never be rich: teachers, youth team coaches, schools FA people, physios and so on. Those people need schools and hospitals and the safety net of welfare provision, too. He would never have become a rich man without the willingness of thousands and thousands of people who aren't rich to go to watch his football teams play; without the millions who watch football on TV. Wealth is not accrued in a vacuum: he has completely forgotten that.
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 10:54 - Apr 25 with 4324 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 10:38 - Apr 25 by NW5Hoop

1. No problem with people making money. That's the nature of the world we live in.
2. But if Karl Henry believes the rich are demonised more than those on benefits, he's living in a parallel universe I don't recognise. I see stories about benefits abuse in the Mail, Sun, Express, Telegraph, Star almost every day. I hear the government announcing the need to cut back on benefits almost every day. I don't see anything like that volume of calls for higher taxation for the rich (or the "high net worth" as they now like to style themselves).
3. He ought to actually look at the figures. According to the Department of Work and Pensions, welfare fraud accounted for 0.7% of payments in 2012/13 - that's £1.2bn. Curiously, the DWP itself said it underpaid benefits to claimants by £1.4bn that year. So benefits fraud is actually cancelled out and then some by payments mistakes. Guess how much that year was lost through tax evasion - not avoidance, but evasion alone? £4.1bn.
4. Most importantly, though, I hate the self justification of the rich, their assumption that their success is theirs and theirs alone and no one else should benefit from it. Because it's just not true. Take Karl Henry: he wouldn't have become a Premier League football without the work of scores of people who will never be rich: teachers, youth team coaches, schools FA people, physios and so on. Those people need schools and hospitals and the safety net of welfare provision, too. He would never have become a rich man without the willingness of thousands and thousands of people who aren't rich to go to watch his football teams play; without the millions who watch football on TV. Wealth is not accrued in a vacuum: he has completely forgotten that.

Bravo NW5. Welfare scrounges fits an easy media narrative. lazy blame game that unfortunately the majority if the population buy in to.
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 11:04 - Apr 25 with 4308 viewsGloucs_R

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 10:38 - Apr 25 by NW5Hoop

Of course people benefit from it...its called paying tax. My other half is a teacher, let me tell you that their salaries aren't that bad at all.

I'm in sales, don't really like my job but stick at it because it will set my kids up for life. Life is about making decisions.

Should people on benefits and not working give back to society? I pay tax, that's my contribution. What is theirs?

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 11:10 - Apr 25 with 4295 viewsNW5Hoop

Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 11:04 - Apr 25 by Gloucs_R

Of course people benefit from it...its called paying tax. My other half is a teacher, let me tell you that their salaries aren't that bad at all.

I'm in sales, don't really like my job but stick at it because it will set my kids up for life. Life is about making decisions.

Should people on benefits and not working give back to society? I pay tax, that's my contribution. What is theirs?

You're basing that argument entirely on the notion that people are unemployed because they want to be. Can you back up that argument with facts and figures, rather that "I saw a story in the Mail …" or "There's a girl near here who had two kids just to get a council house …" Because anecdotes are not evidence, they're anecdotes.
Are our players contractually obliged to embarrass the club on social media? on 11:12 - Apr 25 with 4286 viewsQPR_John

"Guess how much that year was lost through tax evasion - not avoidance, but evasion alone? £4.1bn. "

Tax evasion is illegal. If it is known how much revenue is being lost through tax evasion then it must be known who is evading tax so why are these people/organisations not being prosecuted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024