Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) 17:09 - Apr 25 with 3976 viewsQPR_ARG

The penalty miss and the (wrongly) disallowed goal (as it was never a foul by Caulker), aside. We were not good enough on the most crucial of our matches yet (until next week and then the next and the next).

West Ham were very basic. Nothing special. They fell apart every time we managed to string two or three passes together, but we weren't doing it as much as we should have done it.

Too many long balls. Too many careless (and clueless) moments in possession. This game was there for the taking. And we didn't take it.

I didn't feel we tried hard enough, but maybe it wasn't lack of trying more than it was lack of knowing how to go for it.

Decisive weeks and Leicester win 4 in a row, Hull beat Palace away, Sunderland got a point at Stoke, while we left 2 points on the table in one of the last couple of "accessible" games.

We need a couple miracles now. Maybe an approach like this against 2 teams that will go for it, could work. But at home, we need to try something different. It pains me to see how evident this is and how little we are doing to address this problem.
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 17:27 - Apr 25 with 3896 viewsbaz_qpr

We played 4 centre halves and 3 defensive midfielders with the least attacking of those playing left wing. Zamora was injured.

2 1/2 attacking players for 60 minutes. Square pegs in round holes, no game plan other than hoof and press high.

We got exactly what we deserved in our must win game against the leagues worst form team and put on an utterly abject attacking performance. Worse than anything under liar Redknapp
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 17:34 - Apr 25 with 3867 viewsQPR_ARG

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 17:27 - Apr 25 by baz_qpr

We played 4 centre halves and 3 defensive midfielders with the least attacking of those playing left wing. Zamora was injured.

2 1/2 attacking players for 60 minutes. Square pegs in round holes, no game plan other than hoof and press high.

We got exactly what we deserved in our must win game against the leagues worst form team and put on an utterly abject attacking performance. Worse than anything under liar Redknapp

I find it very hard to criticize CR because I fully believe we are where we are because of Redknapp.

Chris Ramsay has been doing what he can with what he's got. The fact I would do a few things differently, is not enough for me to be able to say he's not good enough.

I think we have improved a lot from what we saw under Harry, but the burden he had to carry was perhaps a bit too big for him (or anyone?).

On top of having to deal with a very badly-built squad, he's suffered injuries to key players at both the away wins he managed: Fer and Dunne at Sunderland (I think those two are players we can't afford to miss) and Vargas at WBA (one of our brightest options in attack, gone for the season).

I think this team we saw today, is OK to use it away (and try and get something in the counterattack or a set-piece) or against big teams when we play at home and are put under pressure.

But we need to try something different against Newcastle, for example. And we should have done the same in a good number of our past home matches too. I've been crying out for it for a long, long time.

Today we had no "thinkers". Nobody with the imagination for THAT pass that sets up a goal or a chance.

We had no dribblers either. Someone to get past one or two rivals and open up their defence.

Matt Phillips was the closest we had to that, but Cresswell got the best out of him for the entire game.
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 18:27 - Apr 25 with 3726 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Bitterly disappointing not to throw the kitchen sink today.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 18:28]
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 18:30 - Apr 25 with 3691 viewseastside_r

Sad to say that I agree with the OP
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 18:42 - Apr 25 with 3636 viewsted_hendrix

We haven't been good enough all season, not just today but all season.
We don't have a squad of Prem players and we don't have a Prem Manager either.
We'll end this season with what we deserve-relegation.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 18:46 - Apr 25 with 3621 viewsQPR_ARG

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 18:42 - Apr 25 by ted_hendrix

We haven't been good enough all season, not just today but all season.
We don't have a squad of Prem players and we don't have a Prem Manager either.
We'll end this season with what we deserve-relegation.

I share your sentiments, Ted. Harry's disaster won't be really measure until a couple of seasons go by.

BUT, unlike what I've been reading from you, I'm still not resigned to see us get relegated.

Incredibly enough, we are still in with a fighting chance. Even after failing to win today, we still have a chance and I'll remain positive.

I've seen other unfair things happen in football. I just wish we have a bonus season in the Premier League to finally get it right as a club and move forward.
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:14 - Apr 25 with 3547 viewsted_hendrix

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 18:46 - Apr 25 by QPR_ARG

I share your sentiments, Ted. Harry's disaster won't be really measure until a couple of seasons go by.

BUT, unlike what I've been reading from you, I'm still not resigned to see us get relegated.

Incredibly enough, we are still in with a fighting chance. Even after failing to win today, we still have a chance and I'll remain positive.

I've seen other unfair things happen in football. I just wish we have a bonus season in the Premier League to finally get it right as a club and move forward.

I've got no problem with you're positivity or anyone else s for that matter, but week on week it's the same old storey, from that first defeat at home to Hull and then that dreadful debacle the following week at Spurs it was painfully obvious that we were in for yet another awful season in this league.
It's hard to watch, its hard to sit there in the stands and watch the club you love get beat or make repeat stupid mistakes.
Yet again today I never went because I'm burnt out with it all, a couple of seasons ago I'd have been at the ground like lightening ready to throw my support behind our players but not anymore, the recent few seasons have taken there toll on me.
I'm no football expert-I cant talk tactics with anyone if i'm honest but I do know enough to tell me that we are under no way good enough to stay in this league and like I said earlier I've known it all season and I suspect most of us have.
The sad part for me is wondering just how bad relegation will hit this club, we had a gilt edge chance this season to get ourselves sorted and on a stable footing, we should have started working on it the day after the play off final.
Anyway you can if and but all you want but for my money and from what I've seen this season we're gonna get our 'just rewards'
From the top of this club way down to the to the various Managers we've fiffed and faffed around for too long and basically fcked it up.
Apologies for the negativity but that's how I see it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:17 - Apr 25 with 3529 viewsbosh67

We were flat today. Lack of belief. Lack of ideas, cohesion., width on the left, lack of pace, guile, ball management, aggression. Apart from that...

Flattest performance of the season. In a game of win or bust we bust very comfortably.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:18 - Apr 25 with 3523 viewsDrewster

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:14 - Apr 25 by ted_hendrix

I've got no problem with you're positivity or anyone else s for that matter, but week on week it's the same old storey, from that first defeat at home to Hull and then that dreadful debacle the following week at Spurs it was painfully obvious that we were in for yet another awful season in this league.
It's hard to watch, its hard to sit there in the stands and watch the club you love get beat or make repeat stupid mistakes.
Yet again today I never went because I'm burnt out with it all, a couple of seasons ago I'd have been at the ground like lightening ready to throw my support behind our players but not anymore, the recent few seasons have taken there toll on me.
I'm no football expert-I cant talk tactics with anyone if i'm honest but I do know enough to tell me that we are under no way good enough to stay in this league and like I said earlier I've known it all season and I suspect most of us have.
The sad part for me is wondering just how bad relegation will hit this club, we had a gilt edge chance this season to get ourselves sorted and on a stable footing, we should have started working on it the day after the play off final.
Anyway you can if and but all you want but for my money and from what I've seen this season we're gonna get our 'just rewards'
From the top of this club way down to the to the various Managers we've fiffed and faffed around for too long and basically fcked it up.

Pretty much sums the whole thing up in a few paragraphs really.
Not much you can add to that
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:27 - Apr 25 with 3483 viewsTacticalR

Today was two teams playing Championship football, and bottom end of Championship football at that. West Ham can get away with it because they've already got points on the board. We simply did not have the nous to win the game.

Air hostess clique

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:31 - Apr 25 with 3462 viewsHollowayRanger

cant understand why taarabt wasn't thrown on 70 mins if ever there was a game crying out for something to happen this was it

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:31 - Apr 25 with 3468 viewsbosh67

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:27 - Apr 25 by TacticalR

Today was two teams playing Championship football, and bottom end of Championship football at that. West Ham can get away with it because they've already got points on the board. We simply did not have the nous to win the game.

I think you are being uncharitable to championship football. Much of it is better than what we saw today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:34 - Apr 25 with 3440 viewsbosh67

Sadly true.

Like you Ted, easy to see why we are almost certain to drop.

The only thing that made me smile was the under 9 team doing their lap of honour and thinking we may need some of them next season if we suffer a transfer embargo.

We are simply not good enough at this level and without Charlie and dare I say it, Joey, we would have been down at christmas. Well, maybe just after new year.

If we don't get a transfer embargo next season then we can at least look for a much younger, hungrier bunch of players and an actual playing style. If we do suffer a transfer embargo, next season could be even more painful.

Never knowingly right.

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:36 - Apr 25 with 3432 viewsbaz_qpr

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 19:34 - Apr 25 by bosh67

Sadly true.

Like you Ted, easy to see why we are almost certain to drop.

The only thing that made me smile was the under 9 team doing their lap of honour and thinking we may need some of them next season if we suffer a transfer embargo.

We are simply not good enough at this level and without Charlie and dare I say it, Joey, we would have been down at christmas. Well, maybe just after new year.

If we don't get a transfer embargo next season then we can at least look for a much younger, hungrier bunch of players and an actual playing style. If we do suffer a transfer embargo, next season could be even more painful.

We won't get a transfer embargo they would be making up rules on the spot for that to happen
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 22:10 - Apr 25 with 3278 viewsYorkRanger

Hard to disagree with this.

Sadly game after game where we have pinned our hopes on getting points have drifted away: Hull, Palace, Everton etc.

We haven't been good enough. The fact we still have a slim chance of staying up says more about the teams around us and their lack of quality.

The table doesn't lie. One can only hope that the club takes stock, addresses the issues we have and starts to create some stability and a platform to build from.

It will be a tough summer..
We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 08:20 - Apr 26 with 3092 viewsDejR_vu

We should be good enough. Only three strikers have scored more Premier League goals than CA, one at City, one at Tottenham and one at Chelsea. If that's not a platform for a good season what is? Utter incompetence that we are where we are.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 08:49 - Apr 26 with 3033 viewsOldPedro

We're not good enough (on today's evidence) on 22:10 - Apr 25 by YorkRanger

Hard to disagree with this.

Sadly game after game where we have pinned our hopes on getting points have drifted away: Hull, Palace, Everton etc.

We haven't been good enough. The fact we still have a slim chance of staying up says more about the teams around us and their lack of quality.

The table doesn't lie. One can only hope that the club takes stock, addresses the issues we have and starts to create some stability and a platform to build from.

It will be a tough summer..

Whatever the outcome, the club need to make the an appointment as soon as the season is over to give whoever they appoint (be it Ramsey, Warburton or anyone else) as much time as possible to work with Les F in building the squad for next season and beyond.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024