Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey totally lost me today 17:11 - Apr 25 with 11108 viewsbaz_qpr

Without wishing to come over all Briatore I would fire him on the spot for that. Set up for a point got what we deserved. Karl Henry left wing against Chelsea I get against West Ham for 90 minutes in a must win game withTaarabt and Krancjear on the bench while we serve up. Conference level hit and hope.

This is not the man to take this club forward!
Ramsey totally lost me today on 09:53 - Apr 26 with 1942 viewsSpiritofGregory

Yesterdays game was a practice match for West Ham, they had two 18 year olds in their team one was playing his first premier league game.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 09:58 - Apr 26 with 1942 viewsrichpr

Ramsey totally lost me today on 17:23 - Apr 25 by RANGERS4EVER

Why do you only ever pop up after poor results. Just give it a rest

poor results every week - when not to pop up!!
Ramsey totally lost me today on 10:09 - Apr 26 with 1895 viewsBlackCrowe

Unfortunately our tactics yesterday was to play hoofball against an Allardyce team, master of hoofball. Utterly mind-boggling.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ramsey totally lost me today on 10:19 - Apr 26 with 1878 views08olesen

For the first time in a long while, i havnt got a clue what we should do. Ramsey has been very mediocre. And the worrying thing for me is that i dont know what we will do differently if we came up next year....we had a good experienced manager and a good squad on paper, it just hasnt worked all season.

As for next year, this may surprise people but i think if we got a couple goal scorers in, we could do well in the championship. Its all about front men...look at Watford! Keep Leroy, Philips, Barton and Caulker. The rest can be moved on if need be.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ramsey totally lost me today on 10:41 - Apr 26 with 1811 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey got the job because Fernandes and Ferdinand were left without options when Harry bolted after the transfer window slammed shut. Harry out foxed them which is annoying because he should have been booted out in October.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 10:46 - Apr 26 with 1813 viewsNeil_SI

There was no doubt it was an ugly game, and we set up like-for-like to match them physically with a view to holding the game in the early stages and bringing on the cavalry later. I can understand that approach, and we have no divine right to beat anybody.

It didn't work, we just didn't have enough quality in our game to play the football we wanted.

Our substitutions actually gave us a bit of a problem as well. Personally I thought Yun and Fer both looked off the pace, so when that happens, you're always at the risk of weakening the side further with other players in similar circumstances. If it were me, I'd still have brought Taarabt on though.

We were nervous and wary about West Ham on the counter attack, because they left two players up top and one wide on every occasion. Every time we lost the ball we were vulnerable, but West Ham themselves lacked the quality to do anything about it on the day.

There's always a lot of emotion when you come away and feel you could have done more, but the main issue was we were anxious and felt the pressure of the occasion. We struggled to express ourselves and play with freedom, but that's the way it can go when you're desperate for points. We just couldn't lift our game to the next level, however much we tried, which is frustrating of course.

But in the end, we missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed that could easily have been given, so we should have won the game.

It's a shame for us, but we've been in the bottom three for most of the season, and last season you'd have said the matches against Burnley and Leicester were very tough games for us. It's really not that different now. Yet a lot of people always say we should beat this team or that team, it just doesn't work like that. Every match is going to be a slog and we've had a lopsided squad for the entire campaign. There's no real natural full-backs on either side (they're all wing backs) and there's no natural left sided player either and no pace in attack.

So it is what it is... the match panned out pretty much as most of us in the pub prior to the game expected.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 11:38 - Apr 26 with 1743 viewsSnipper

Ramsey totally lost me today on 10:46 - Apr 26 by Neil_SI

There was no doubt it was an ugly game, and we set up like-for-like to match them physically with a view to holding the game in the early stages and bringing on the cavalry later. I can understand that approach, and we have no divine right to beat anybody.

It didn't work, we just didn't have enough quality in our game to play the football we wanted.

Our substitutions actually gave us a bit of a problem as well. Personally I thought Yun and Fer both looked off the pace, so when that happens, you're always at the risk of weakening the side further with other players in similar circumstances. If it were me, I'd still have brought Taarabt on though.

We were nervous and wary about West Ham on the counter attack, because they left two players up top and one wide on every occasion. Every time we lost the ball we were vulnerable, but West Ham themselves lacked the quality to do anything about it on the day.

There's always a lot of emotion when you come away and feel you could have done more, but the main issue was we were anxious and felt the pressure of the occasion. We struggled to express ourselves and play with freedom, but that's the way it can go when you're desperate for points. We just couldn't lift our game to the next level, however much we tried, which is frustrating of course.

But in the end, we missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed that could easily have been given, so we should have won the game.

It's a shame for us, but we've been in the bottom three for most of the season, and last season you'd have said the matches against Burnley and Leicester were very tough games for us. It's really not that different now. Yet a lot of people always say we should beat this team or that team, it just doesn't work like that. Every match is going to be a slog and we've had a lopsided squad for the entire campaign. There's no real natural full-backs on either side (they're all wing backs) and there's no natural left sided player either and no pace in attack.

So it is what it is... the match panned out pretty much as most of us in the pub prior to the game expected.

I've been agreeing with you regarding CR for the last couple of weeks. But yesterday's team selection was totally wrong. In a game WE HAD TO WIN, he picked 4 bloody centre halves and 3 defence minded midfield players. Sod the like for like vs a team already on the beach. We should've gone for the jugular.

I'm majorly pissed off with CR after that.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 11:44 - Apr 26 with 1735 viewsJonDoeman

A point was no good yesterday we might as well have died on our sword. Where was the intent & the urgency? It was like we were set up for a draw. As far as I can see the only qualification he's got, is he's not called Harry Redknapp.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey totally lost me today on 12:06 - Apr 26 with 1683 viewsNeil_SI

Ramsey totally lost me today on 11:38 - Apr 26 by Snipper

I've been agreeing with you regarding CR for the last couple of weeks. But yesterday's team selection was totally wrong. In a game WE HAD TO WIN, he picked 4 bloody centre halves and 3 defence minded midfield players. Sod the like for like vs a team already on the beach. We should've gone for the jugular.

I'm majorly pissed off with CR after that.

I'm not sure I'd have picked the same team as he did, but I wouldn't call it totally wrong either and you'll find a lot of managers would have adopted a similar approach. West Ham's direct physical nature obviously played a part in the thought process and you have to make a decision on how to best deal with that early on.

I also didn't really see a team "on the beach". I just saw one that was similar to us and a little low on confidence and quality. They were certainly committed, Kevin Nolan did his best to referee the match and they slowed the game down as much as they could to maximise their chance of getting something from it. Some will say they're a poor side, but so have we been for a long time, it doesn't mean that because they're poor that we're going to roll them over.

We just don't have the quality or the depth and we did sort of approach this match with a cup final mentality — which is not to give anything away first. It's hard to say whether that's the best thing to do or not, but it's the most likely outcome when the stakes are high and the pressure is on. I'd imagine most of our games will be like this between now and the end, as is usually the case at the business end. It's certainly been the same in the season we last survived, the season we went down and even in the two seasons we came up. The matches turned into these kind of ones.

The penalty was a glorious opportunity for us, there's not a lot we can do if we don't take those kind of chances when they arise. That may well have eased the tension, it's hard to know, and of course, had Dunne's goal stood when it should have, we'd all be feeling a lot happier about things.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 1638 viewsYorkRanger

Ramsey totally lost me today on 12:06 - Apr 26 by Neil_SI

I'm not sure I'd have picked the same team as he did, but I wouldn't call it totally wrong either and you'll find a lot of managers would have adopted a similar approach. West Ham's direct physical nature obviously played a part in the thought process and you have to make a decision on how to best deal with that early on.

I also didn't really see a team "on the beach". I just saw one that was similar to us and a little low on confidence and quality. They were certainly committed, Kevin Nolan did his best to referee the match and they slowed the game down as much as they could to maximise their chance of getting something from it. Some will say they're a poor side, but so have we been for a long time, it doesn't mean that because they're poor that we're going to roll them over.

We just don't have the quality or the depth and we did sort of approach this match with a cup final mentality — which is not to give anything away first. It's hard to say whether that's the best thing to do or not, but it's the most likely outcome when the stakes are high and the pressure is on. I'd imagine most of our games will be like this between now and the end, as is usually the case at the business end. It's certainly been the same in the season we last survived, the season we went down and even in the two seasons we came up. The matches turned into these kind of ones.

The penalty was a glorious opportunity for us, there's not a lot we can do if we don't take those kind of chances when they arise. That may well have eased the tension, it's hard to know, and of course, had Dunne's goal stood when it should have, we'd all be feeling a lot happier about things.

Wasn't at the game, but given everyone accepted it was pretty much must win, it is hard to understand why a sub was unused when you have Niko and Adel on the bench. Sure they have their limitations but they also are the two players we have with that ability to create something out of nothing.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 12:31 - Apr 26 with 1608 viewsenfieldargh

Yesterday

No width from static full backs(converted centre backs)

Henry and Sandro offered little going forward

Collins like jagielka had our forward threat in his pocket

Matt Phillips was our only attacking outlet

Joey Barton was superb all game although it did feel like a Scouse love in between him and noble. Two fierce combatants slugging it out together fairly and at times with smiles on their faces.

As much as noble wound me up always in the refs face I have nothing but respect for him, if we go down get in noble.

I also think Taraabt should have been given /0 mins at the end, the game was crying out for a bit of magic, just an opportune moment. I know AT can just as easily give the ball away but I felt we needed to roll the dice

One myth cast out yesterday was Noble failed to score is 100th league goal....I usually dread these stats

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ramsey totally lost me today on 12:31 - Apr 26 with 1608 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ramsey totally lost me today on 12:06 - Apr 26 by Neil_SI

It was a must win game against a mid-table side with little to play for and a manager set to leave in the summer. CR should have been looking to impose ourselves from the outset instead of worrying about what they can do and picking a negative line up to counter it.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 12:32 - Apr 26 with 1606 viewsJuzzie

It did work in the sense we got a penalty and scored a goal, neither of which West Ham did.

The penalty was missed and the goal was wrongly dissallowed, not something any manager has control over.

Not putting Tarrabt on with 15-20 mins to go was odd though. I think there was probably only a 10% chance Taraabt might have done something but thats better than the 0% without him in that last segment of the game.

I know every club can point to pens not being given, goals wrongly dissalowed etc but we have dropped at least 10 points due to individual errors and collective errors in conceding late goals on at least 5 occasions. No manager can prevent that, thats down to the players once out on the pitch.

[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 14:10]
Ramsey totally lost me today on 12:39 - Apr 26 with 1587 viewsBostonR

Neil-I disagree with your point on holding on and then bringing the cavalry on. CR should have started with the win at all costs mentality. Having slept on it my conclusion is thatCR bottled it yesterday and for that he should not get the job full time.
At 60 mins he should have taken Henry, Zamora and Hill off gone 3-4-3 with Yun, Fer and Tarabt on the pitch. So what if we got caught on the break allowing Fer and Tarabt to push on would have changed the whole complexion of the game. As I said CR bottled it and we are all but down.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 13:21 - Apr 26 with 1539 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not sure how you can be so philosophical, Neil. I was fuming. Ramsey cost us big time there. Losing didn't matter - it was irrelevant. Once we got past 70 minutes we should have been three up front and three at the back and storming forward, instead, Ramsey did nothing at all. I like him, but sorry, the last 20 minutes was absolutely pathetic - and I don't blame the players one bit for that. They worked hard, they did their jobs. It was just the wrong jobs.

Bare bones.

Ramsey totally lost me today on 13:44 - Apr 26 with 1512 viewsNeil_SI

Ramsey totally lost me today on 13:21 - Apr 26 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure how you can be so philosophical, Neil. I was fuming. Ramsey cost us big time there. Losing didn't matter - it was irrelevant. Once we got past 70 minutes we should have been three up front and three at the back and storming forward, instead, Ramsey did nothing at all. I like him, but sorry, the last 20 minutes was absolutely pathetic - and I don't blame the players one bit for that. They worked hard, they did their jobs. It was just the wrong jobs.

I really enjoyed your knee jerks, I just think it was the pressure of the situation — and you nailed it when you said the Chelsea result affected the players more than most realised.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 14:49 - Apr 26 with 1420 viewsHollowayRanger

to me it was like we're not going to lose instead of we NEED to win

did they not know how the other teams we're doing ? with the others winning a draw was of next to no use to us ,we should have gone for it big time last 20 mins at very least

now we have to win 3 of the last four just to have a faint hope of staying up!

way I see it ,its over now

wonder if they will do a dvd of this season they didn't for the last relegation season

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ramsey totally lost me today on 16:46 - Apr 26 with 1350 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey totally lost me today on 14:49 - Apr 26 by HollowayRanger

to me it was like we're not going to lose instead of we NEED to win

did they not know how the other teams we're doing ? with the others winning a draw was of next to no use to us ,we should have gone for it big time last 20 mins at very least

now we have to win 3 of the last four just to have a faint hope of staying up!

way I see it ,its over now

wonder if they will do a dvd of this season they didn't for the last relegation season

The next managerial appointment is crucial.

Ramsey hasn't got what it takes to be a successful manager, his win percentage is shocking. There is a manager down the road at Brentford who has all the attributes we require. Warburton is intelligent, tactically asute, has a promotion under his belt and performed very well this season, has experience in player recruitment, coaching, been a director of football and Brentford play good football.

He is tailor made for us, what are we waiting for?
Ramsey totally lost me today on 17:14 - Apr 26 with 1320 viewsDorse

Ramsey totally lost me today on 16:46 - Apr 26 by SpiritofGregory

The next managerial appointment is crucial.

Ramsey hasn't got what it takes to be a successful manager, his win percentage is shocking. There is a manager down the road at Brentford who has all the attributes we require. Warburton is intelligent, tactically asute, has a promotion under his belt and performed very well this season, has experience in player recruitment, coaching, been a director of football and Brentford play good football.

He is tailor made for us, what are we waiting for?

I have no whatsoever problem with Warburton and agree that he may be a decent choice. However, I would not want to lose Ramsey as a coach. I agree that, management-wise, he's probably not the answer but he is clearly a man that has a lot to offer in a role that is withdrawn from the front line. Sir Les obviously rates him and I never believed that TF (or anyone else for that matter) saw him as a long term choice. Whoever comes in needs to subscribe to the long term plan or they can foxtrot Oscar.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ramsey totally lost me today on 18:47 - Apr 26 with 1259 viewsqprant

We should have got rid of HR a lot earlier, TF knows that I think he will regret that.

CR may be QPR, but has no experience to have kept us in here, we should have gone to save QPR and remain in the PL, and not heard over head, and I believe that's cost us.

An experienced PL manager I think would have helped, more likely if he had the extra month or so, around Christmas, but CR to take over with no PL experience and so late cost us.

He is good it seems at revving the team up etc, but not good at tactics, why play SWP and Ferdinand when he first took over? That's the biggest gamble that personally I would not have. I'm sure a few others wouldn't have either.

If we do go down, then we need to get an experienced manager, that can stay build a team with the players that will be left and I just hope we get rid of crap and keep the ones that deserve it.

I for one want HIll and Barton to stay as a few others, as experience will count, and obviously Austin, if he can do well in the PL and storm the Championship, and get a quality sparring partner, we could go back up immediately.

But lets hope we stay up!
Ramsey totally lost me today on 19:12 - Apr 26 with 1223 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey totally lost me today on 18:47 - Apr 26 by qprant

We should have got rid of HR a lot earlier, TF knows that I think he will regret that.

CR may be QPR, but has no experience to have kept us in here, we should have gone to save QPR and remain in the PL, and not heard over head, and I believe that's cost us.

An experienced PL manager I think would have helped, more likely if he had the extra month or so, around Christmas, but CR to take over with no PL experience and so late cost us.

He is good it seems at revving the team up etc, but not good at tactics, why play SWP and Ferdinand when he first took over? That's the biggest gamble that personally I would not have. I'm sure a few others wouldn't have either.

If we do go down, then we need to get an experienced manager, that can stay build a team with the players that will be left and I just hope we get rid of crap and keep the ones that deserve it.

I for one want HIll and Barton to stay as a few others, as experience will count, and obviously Austin, if he can do well in the PL and storm the Championship, and get a quality sparring partner, we could go back up immediately.

But lets hope we stay up!

Unfortunately we will have to address the whole FFP situation if relegated which will once again result in us starting the season unprepared. All plans will be on hold until we know what type of punishment the football league decide to dish out.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 19:31 - Apr 26 with 1198 viewsthemodfather

if not said already, our home form was our only hope, now it's killing us!!
1pt from 24 under ramsey and he's being built as a soccer genius?
yes performances have improved but could they have got worse, but the fact is we are getting isolated down there and are likely down....but fighting.

why have henry wide left? how old is sandro really?? he looks 33 + not 27...
why take off zamora when we need goals for fer....why not gamble and go 3 at the back, we had to win v hammers.
Ramsey totally lost me today on 19:36 - Apr 26 with 1188 viewsPunteR

I didn't see the game,was at a wedding , still recovering now but I'm not going to change my mind about Ramsey after one game.
I said last week Ramsey needs time and patience from the fans and although it sounds like he dropped a clanger yesterday I cant bring myself to go back on my opinions on him.
Both Taraabt and Kranjcar get slaughtered on LFW and now Ramsey gets slaughtered for not bringing them on.
Dunne has been our best defender this season and loads on here were saying how we've missed him. Now I've read that he shouldn't go straight back in the team or he's too slow. If we go down I wont be blaming Ramsey.
Knee jerks is about right.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey totally lost me today on 21:07 - Apr 26 with 1126 viewsderbyhoop

Adel and Nico were on the bench yesterday, but were they match fit (or should that be fat?). Even Shite Phillips was on the bench, FFS. Allardyce was talking about the chances they created on the break and there would have been a high possibility that there would have been even more if the moody Moroccan and the chubby Croat were on the pitch for the last 15 minutes.

I don't know if Ramsey has what it takes to be a decent manager. I suspect not. But he's the one who saw the players training over the last 2 weeks and he picked the side that he thought was best equipped to beat West Ham. We didn't because Charlie missed a penalty and Adrian made a brilliant save from Phillips in the last minute. Forget the Dunne goal. 95% of refs would have penalised Caulker - even if he didn't do anything wrong.

The fact is the squad is unbalanced and dreadfully short of pace. Thanks Harry. Ramsey hasn't been in any position to do anything about that.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ramsey totally lost me today on 21:24 - Apr 26 with 1112 viewsonlyrinmoray

Ramsey totally lost me today on 21:50 - Apr 25 by londonscottish

That was head tennis finals material.

You guys are right I couldn't believe how much the ball was in the air Passes either to W Ham players or into touch, real Div 2 football. There was an air of desperation about the whole game We had 2 weeks off what were we doing in training ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024