Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie 17:23 - Apr 25 with 9467 viewsQPR_ARG

I've seen a few tweets criticizing Charlie because he missed penalties vs. Hull and today.

Seen one saying: "I'm sorry for Charlie, but if he didn't miss those penalties, we wouldn't be there".

I'm seriously embarrassed by that kind of messages. The man himself felt the need to tweet apologising to QPR fans for his "shït penalty".

But I'd like to say two things:

1. We wouldn't be in the Premier League without his contribution last season.
2. We would be already relegated without his contribution this season.

I'm fully behind him and those who care and work hard for QPR.

PS: And why did I open Facebook and read this?

Steve Chamberlain‎QPR Fans
17 mins · Milton Keynes, United Kingdom ·
Charlie missing penalties so he can leave at the end of the season a bit cheaper/easier ? What do the conspiracy theorists reckon ?

FFS!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 17:24]
Charlie on 17:31 - Apr 25 with 6432 views1MoreBrightonR

Personally thought that may have been Charlie's worst game for us...but that pretty much means he's had one bad game for us in two seasons so thats all the criticism he's going to get from me. Just wasn't his day at all.
Charlie on 17:38 - Apr 25 with 6389 viewsSpiritofGregory

I'm not going to have a go at Charlie, he has been excellent this season.
Charlie on 17:43 - Apr 25 with 6367 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yes the penalty was poor but Charlie's probably the only player in the squad who can hold his head up high this season.
Charlie on 17:46 - Apr 25 with 6342 viewsFDC

Easy to say I know but usually I'd have been more animated when it was saved... but I knew - the keeper psyched him out and you could see he'd lost his nerve. Devastating, for us and for him.
Charlie on 17:48 - Apr 25 with 6322 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Personally i am critical of strikers who cant score without pressure from 10 yards because thats basically there job. But, in no way will i criticise Charlie, because he is the reason we were still fighting for safety today, eithout him we would be 20th and down

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Charlie on 17:49 - Apr 25 with 6321 viewsrsonist

Not really his fault that in carrying the whole club on his shoulders the few mistakes he does make decide our season.
Charlie on 19:08 - Apr 25 with 6161 viewsbosh67

Charlie has scored 55% of our goals this season on his own. The keeper did a number on him before the kick and it threw him.

He had a quiet game today but without him we probably would have been below Derby's 11 point season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie on 19:12 - Apr 25 with 6142 viewsbaz_qpr

Love Charlie think he has been brilliant for us, bit suspect mentally when the pressure is on. Two really high pressure penalty moments Hull and Today and as soon as Adrian went up to him I knew he would miss. I don't actually think he is the greatest penalty taker anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie on 19:15 - Apr 25 with 6124 viewsbosh67

Charlie on 19:12 - Apr 25 by baz_qpr

Love Charlie think he has been brilliant for us, bit suspect mentally when the pressure is on. Two really high pressure penalty moments Hull and Today and as soon as Adrian went up to him I knew he would miss. I don't actually think he is the greatest penalty taker anyway.

Yes, real gamesmanship from the keeper, who seemed to have it in for us by antagonising everyone and then playing a blinder. Charlie was really affected by it. I was hoping he would blast it centre mid height. Keeper was bobbing about on the line and that seemed to do him as well. Plus this keeper has apparently saved more penalties than he's let in so it wasn't going to be easy. That said, I think had Charlie scored that we would have won.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie on 20:17 - Apr 25 with 6029 viewshoopdog

Charlie on 19:15 - Apr 25 by bosh67

Yes, real gamesmanship from the keeper, who seemed to have it in for us by antagonising everyone and then playing a blinder. Charlie was really affected by it. I was hoping he would blast it centre mid height. Keeper was bobbing about on the line and that seemed to do him as well. Plus this keeper has apparently saved more penalties than he's let in so it wasn't going to be easy. That said, I think had Charlie scored that we would have won.

It was'nt his pen miss his whole game was shlt today
Charlie on 20:55 - Apr 25 with 5940 viewsJuzzie

If Charlie felt rattled couldnt he have just given the ball to someone else,that would have throw the keeper maybe?

I know hes a striker and wants to score goals but its about whAts best for the team/club.

I dont blame him for though for today, he was below par and so were 21 other players. I still dont know why our goal was dissallowed though. Gutted about that.
Charlie on 23:47 - Apr 25 with 5755 viewsQPR_ARG

Charlie on 20:55 - Apr 25 by Juzzie

If Charlie felt rattled couldnt he have just given the ball to someone else,that would have throw the keeper maybe?

I know hes a striker and wants to score goals but its about whAts best for the team/club.

I dont blame him for though for today, he was below par and so were 21 other players. I still dont know why our goal was dissallowed though. Gutted about that.

Danny Ings is getting stick for apparently not wanting to take their penalty (from what I read on Twitter).

Charlie is our penalty taker. Who's to say he felt rattled? He admitted it was a shït penalty and that's about it.

What would have been your reaction had he not felt like taking it and then the other player who'd kick instead missed it?

Him missing that penalty is not the reason why we are on the verge of getting relegated. Period.
Charlie on 00:05 - Apr 26 with 5709 viewsQPR1882

Facts are we will probably miss out going to go down this year by 4/5 points, Charlies pens have cost us at least that.We pay him very,very well to score goals and as many as he has scored the 2 important ones from 12 yards he missed.Can't deny a Charlie goal has done us proud this year, but none less then a Green save or a defenders tackle.
Charlie on 00:18 - Apr 26 with 5681 viewsItalianR

Charlie on 19:12 - Apr 25 by baz_qpr

Sure, a really high pressure penalty omnet in the twentieth minute. It was all dependent on tht. While that penalty against Wigan last year, there was no pressure there.
Charlie on 01:05 - Apr 26 with 5628 viewsJuzzie

Charlie on 23:47 - Apr 25 by QPR_ARG

Danny Ings is getting stick for apparently not wanting to take their penalty (from what I read on Twitter).

Charlie is our penalty taker. Who's to say he felt rattled? He admitted it was a shït penalty and that's about it.

What would have been your reaction had he not felt like taking it and then the other player who'd kick instead missed it?

Him missing that penalty is not the reason why we are on the verge of getting relegated. Period.

i did say "if". It was just a a thought, conjectur, a possibility etc...not a statement.

If charlie handed it over to someone else and they missed, i'd have thought there was good reason for it.

I know his penalty miss is not the reason we're on the verge, i never said it was, just in the same way i said on the Green thread last week his mistake against Chelsea also wouldn't be the reason we'd go down.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 1:09]
Charlie on 02:12 - Apr 26 with 5568 viewsQPR_ARG

Charlie on 00:05 - Apr 26 by QPR1882

Facts are we will probably miss out going to go down this year by 4/5 points, Charlies pens have cost us at least that.We pay him very,very well to score goals and as many as he has scored the 2 important ones from 12 yards he missed.Can't deny a Charlie goal has done us proud this year, but none less then a Green save or a defenders tackle.

Can't get anywhere near agreeing with your point of view there. If you really think we will get relegated because of those two penalties he missed, you got another thing coming!

Not only his 17 goals so far are one of the main reasons why we are not already relegated, his production last season was also one of the main reasons we got promoted!

When he got injured last season, we collapsed and went on a terrible run, until he came back and we recovered.

And if you want to put our defenders on the same level of Charlie, just look at the goals conceded by our team: most in the Premier League.

Whereas, thanks mostly to Charlie, we have scored more goals than every team from 13th down.

13 (13) West Brom 34 9 10 15 32 46 -14 37
14 (14) Newcastle 34 9 8 17 36 57 -21 35
15 (15) Aston Villa 34 8 8 18 26 48 -22 32
16 (17) Hull 33 7 10 16 31 45 -14 31
17 (18) Leicester 33 8 7 18 35 51 -16 31
18 (16) Sunderland 33 5 15 13 26 49 -23 30
19 (19) QPR 34 7 6 21 38 59 -21 27
20 (20) Burnley 34 5 11 18 26 52 -26 26

Now is not the time to get on Charlie's case, but to support him and stick by him no matter what.
Charlie on 03:35 - Apr 26 with 5539 viewsSeth_Gecko

Anyone who genuinely puts any sort of blame on Charlie should f*ck off and support Chelsea.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

Charlie on 07:03 - Apr 26 with 5453 viewsYorkRanger

Charlie on 03:35 - Apr 26 by Seth_Gecko

Anyone who genuinely puts any sort of blame on Charlie should f*ck off and support Chelsea.

To me the facts are as follows:

1. Austin has had a tremendous season, one of the few successes and without him we would have been dead and buried long ago.

2. It was a poor penalty.

3. It now looks almost certain he will not be playing for QPR next season.
Charlie on 07:46 - Apr 26 with 5407 viewsbosh67

Charlie on 07:03 - Apr 26 by YorkRanger

To me the facts are as follows:

1. Austin has had a tremendous season, one of the few successes and without him we would have been dead and buried long ago.

2. It was a poor penalty.

3. It now looks almost certain he will not be playing for QPR next season.

To be fair I think even if we were to perform a late miracle and stay up that Charlie would go. Nothing to do with loyalty or lack of it, more to do with his age and needing to kick on at a higher level where he would get the support and supply to score more than 20 a season in the Prem.

I reckon he will go to Palace, West Ham or... Arsenal. Wenger is a huge fan of his.

Stay up or go down, Charlie will be moving on. Without him, as you say, we would have been down a few months ago.

Never knowingly right.

Charlie on 11:27 - Apr 26 with 5271 viewsBedford_R

Charlie's penalties are quite predictable so any keeper worth his salt would have studied what he does and dived the right way. Austin needs to mix them up a bit.

RMH_R Reborn

Charlie on 11:41 - Apr 26 with 5250 viewsCamberleyR

Charlie on 17:38 - Apr 25 by SpiritofGregory

I'm not going to have a go at Charlie, he has been excellent this season.

Makes a change for you not to be moaning about someone or something.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Charlie on 11:43 - Apr 26 with 5246 viewsQPR1882

Grow up will you.
Charlie on 13:10 - Apr 26 with 5178 viewsWestonsuperR

Charlie is the clear Player Of The Year and has been fantastic with his goalscoring, effort and all round general performance so must avoid any blame at all, it was however a truely dreadful penalty and an odd decision to hit it low straight down the middle. I've seen enough to move him on from any future penalties.
Charlie on 15:20 - Apr 26 with 5105 viewsQPR442

I hate that saying. If we don't agree with someones views we should 'F off and support Chelsea'?
Such a dumb saying.
Charlie had a bad game yesterday and missed a Penalty which most Professionals should score. Charlie was part of a team problem yesterday.
And if anyone can't work that out they should go and watch hockey!
Charlie on 15:36 - Apr 26 with 5089 viewsMatch82

Charlie on 00:05 - Apr 26 by QPR1882

I understand if you want to blame Charlie for us dropping 2 points yesterday (although I think it's harsh to say it was completely down to him).

It's absolutely ludicrous to blame him for us getting relegated though, he's the only reason we're even within touching distance of survival.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024