Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie 17:23 - Apr 25 with 9472 viewsQPR_ARG

I've seen a few tweets criticizing Charlie because he missed penalties vs. Hull and today.

Seen one saying: "I'm sorry for Charlie, but if he didn't miss those penalties, we wouldn't be there".

I'm seriously embarrassed by that kind of messages. The man himself felt the need to tweet apologising to QPR fans for his "shït penalty".

But I'd like to say two things:

1. We wouldn't be in the Premier League without his contribution last season.
2. We would be already relegated without his contribution this season.

I'm fully behind him and those who care and work hard for QPR.

PS: And why did I open Facebook and read this?

Steve Chamberlain‎QPR Fans
17 mins · Milton Keynes, United Kingdom ·
Charlie missing penalties so he can leave at the end of the season a bit cheaper/easier ? What do the conspiracy theorists reckon ?

FFS!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 17:24]
Charlie on 17:05 - Apr 26 with 2132 viewsSpiritofGregory

Charlie on 03:35 - Apr 26 by Seth_Gecko

Anyone who genuinely puts any sort of blame on Charlie should f*ck off and support Chelsea.

Latest news - Chelsea are lining up a bid for Charlie.
Charlie on 20:47 - Apr 26 with 2045 viewsrichpr

like it or not - we are getting relegated - Charlie will go to a premiership side - not his fault.
This is where we find out he has a clause in his contract where he can leave for £1.50
Hopefully he will fetch £20 million which we can use to pay all the fines.
Charlie on 08:15 - Apr 27 with 2003 viewsLoft1979

Charlie on 20:47 - Apr 26 by richpr

like it or not - we are getting relegated - Charlie will go to a premiership side - not his fault.
This is where we find out he has a clause in his contract where he can leave for £1.50
Hopefully he will fetch £20 million which we can use to pay all the fines.

Everyone mises penalties. That said not a good time to miss one. I think we win 5-0 if that one goes in.
Charlie on 08:29 - Apr 27 with 1977 viewsSpiritofGregory

Charlie on 08:15 - Apr 27 by Loft1979

Everyone mises penalties. That said not a good time to miss one. I think we win 5-0 if that one goes in.

Is that you Tony?
Charlie on 08:39 - Apr 27 with 1965 viewsJonDoeman

Charlie on 17:05 - Apr 26 by SpiritofGregory

Latest news - Chelsea are lining up a bid for Charlie.

I doubt it.

It Is What It Is !!

Charlie on 09:43 - Apr 27 with 1946 viewsJordanFoster

It's interesting to read fans take on it and whilst some comments are pretty ludicrous I can see where some are coming from to a degree - that's not to say I agree with it (the conspiracy theories etc).

A lot of ex-pros were saying in the Press Box that Austin has to score that penalty. Despite all his heroics this year, in a high-pressure game with so much riding on it, he has to score. No ifs, no buts.

I would probably lean towards the views of the ex-pros, for me in such a big game I would really expect Austin to score.
Charlie on 09:45 - Apr 27 with 1943 viewsdaveB

Messi has missed moire important penalties than that. It happens and he had a poor game at the weekend but we had plenty of other chances to win the game
Charlie on 09:51 - Apr 27 with 1936 viewswestberksr

shit happens, strikers miss sitters and penalties, defenders make unbelievable cock ups.

it just seems to happen more often to us as we are QPR.

Austin will go in the summer, probably for nowhere near as much as we'd like. but he'll move on and i'll have no bad feeling towards him as he got us up and has done about 5 times more than any other player to try and keep us up.

like i said; shit happens; just more to us!
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie on 12:13 - Apr 27 with 1894 viewsR_from_afar

Charlie on 19:12 - Apr 25 by baz_qpr

Love Charlie think he has been brilliant for us, bit suspect mentally when the pressure is on. Two really high pressure penalty moments Hull and Today and as soon as Adrian went up to him I knew he would miss. I don't actually think he is the greatest penalty taker anyway.

Although he did score a pressure pen in a certain game on 12th May 2014, you might recall...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Charlie on 12:19 - Apr 27 with 1888 viewsR_from_afar

Charlie on 00:05 - Apr 26 by QPR1882

Facts are we will probably miss out going to go down this year by 4/5 points, Charlies pens have cost us at least that.We pay him very,very well to score goals and as many as he has scored the 2 important ones from 12 yards he missed.Can't deny a Charlie goal has done us proud this year, but none less then a Green save or a defenders tackle.

Come on, Charlie having two penalties saved is not the reason we are going down. Think of all the other issues there have been.

I can hear the evil cackling in Sandbanks from my computer in Berskhire when we fans blame our plight on things like these pens. Don't let Redcr@pp off the hook!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Charlie on 12:20 - Apr 27 with 1888 viewsJuzzie

Didn't John Terry miss (snigger) a rather important penalty a few years ago?

It's gutting (not Terry's though) but it happens.
Charlie on 12:26 - Apr 27 with 1882 viewsR_from_afar

Charlie on 09:45 - Apr 27 by daveB

Messi has missed moire important penalties than that. It happens and he had a poor game at the weekend but we had plenty of other chances to win the game

Yes, and should't we also expect some of our other players to put the ball in the net for once?

Without exception, our other attacking players (and I mean anyone who plays in a position where they get forward, not just the strikers) have scored a *pitiful* number of goals for Rangers. Think about it, they have contributed a pathetic number of goals.

RFA

Charlie on 12:46 - Apr 27 with 1855 viewsfakekerby

For me, it was on a par with Green gifting Chelsea the winner last weekend.

Austin is by far our best player and a penalty miss changes nothing in that regard.

We are going down because we simply aren't good enough. Not one players fault. It's the team as a collective not being good enough and Harry, TF and even Ramsey not being good enough in their roles.

The only real surprise based on all these factors is that we are still somehow, by the laws of mathematics, still not yet down.
Charlie on 13:23 - Apr 27 with 1834 viewsSpiritofGregory

Charlie on 11:41 - Apr 26 by CamberleyR

Makes a change for you not to be moaning about someone or something.

There's a lot to moan about FFP, overpaid players, relegation, crap managerial appointment, huge debt, £40m debt against Loftus Rd, no training ground, no stadium ....
Charlie on 13:26 - Apr 27 with 1830 viewsSpiritofGregory

Charlie on 08:39 - Apr 27 by JonDoeman

I doubt it.

Chelsea are lining up a bid for Charlie.

Philips is attracting interest from West Brom and Southampton.
Charlie on 13:41 - Apr 27 with 1527 viewsR_from_afar

Charlie on 12:46 - Apr 27 by fakekerby

For me, it was on a par with Green gifting Chelsea the winner last weekend.

Austin is by far our best player and a penalty miss changes nothing in that regard.

We are going down because we simply aren't good enough. Not one players fault. It's the team as a collective not being good enough and Harry, TF and even Ramsey not being good enough in their roles.

The only real surprise based on all these factors is that we are still somehow, by the laws of mathematics, still not yet down.

Whilst I don't believe that the goal against Chelsea was solely Green's fault (17 seconds from the kick until the goal, Fabreze-gas unmarked etc), I think the rest of what you wrote is spot on. From day one, we have not been good enough.

I mostly blame Redknapp; the lazy old windbag preferred to set ultra-low expectations whilst doing a half-hearted job in the hope that he'd con people into thinking he was doing as well as could be expected. My blood boils at the thought of it.

RFA

Charlie on 13:41 - Apr 27 with 1526 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Charlie on 00:05 - Apr 26 by QPR1882

Facts are we will probably miss out going to go down this year by 4/5 points, Charlies pens have cost us at least that.We pay him very,very well to score goals and as many as he has scored the 2 important ones from 12 yards he missed.Can't deny a Charlie goal has done us proud this year, but none less then a Green save or a defenders tackle.

V West Ham 2 points
V Hull 1 point

How is that at least 4/5 points out of interest?
Charlie on 13:58 - Apr 27 with 1506 viewsSpiritofGregory

Charlie on 13:41 - Apr 27 by R_from_afar

Whilst I don't believe that the goal against Chelsea was solely Green's fault (17 seconds from the kick until the goal, Fabreze-gas unmarked etc), I think the rest of what you wrote is spot on. From day one, we have not been good enough.

I mostly blame Redknapp; the lazy old windbag preferred to set ultra-low expectations whilst doing a half-hearted job in the hope that he'd con people into thinking he was doing as well as could be expected. My blood boils at the thought of it.

RFA

It's the chairman's job to keep the manager on his toes. QPR was one long holiday for Redknapp.

The board should have a plan A, B and C. There should be a pay structure in place and all signings should be carefully considered taking into account their ability, what they bring to the team, injury records, their past behaviour/character.

It was clear the Harry thought Rangers were beneath him, should have sacked him straight after the play off final.
Charlie on 14:11 - Apr 27 with 1488 viewsdanehoop

Charlie on 13:58 - Apr 27 by SpiritofGregory

It's the chairman's job to keep the manager on his toes. QPR was one long holiday for Redknapp.

The board should have a plan A, B and C. There should be a pay structure in place and all signings should be carefully considered taking into account their ability, what they bring to the team, injury records, their past behaviour/character.

It was clear the Harry thought Rangers were beneath him, should have sacked him straight after the play off final.

Probably made your blood boil that we won at Wembley didn't it?.

Just think about that statement. We should have sacked him after our first win at Wembley since 1967 and gaining promotion to the Premier League at first time of asking.

Having done that much they felt it was worth keeping him and I think that the majority of chairman and owners would have done exactly that with Bagpuss. With hindsight we could have/shave have/might have done lots of things differently. But we didnt. The owners took a view based on the evidence that they had available at the time on what was likely to keep us up in the premiership. Tough call now, but at the time there was a case to do so.

I am not bagpuss' s number one fan, but this sort of revisionist nonsese is just typical of you SOG.

Never knowingly understood

Charlie on 16:38 - Apr 27 with 1459 viewsQPR1882

Charlie on 13:41 - Apr 27 by CroydonCaptJack

V West Ham 2 points
V Hull 1 point

How is that at least 4/5 points out of interest?

Not difficult

V West Ham we got 1 point but would have got 3 if he had scored

V Hull we got 0 points but would have got 1 if he had scored

1 + 3 = 4

For the record my original post was written at midnight after a day on the sauce and while i did not attend putting the blame on Charlie for us going down this year ( we all know Rednapp killed us ) i dont think he is titanium like a lot on here.
Charlie on 16:46 - Apr 27 with 1453 viewsQPR1882

Charlie on 14:11 - Apr 27 by danehoop

Probably made your blood boil that we won at Wembley didn't it?.

Just think about that statement. We should have sacked him after our first win at Wembley since 1967 and gaining promotion to the Premier League at first time of asking.

Having done that much they felt it was worth keeping him and I think that the majority of chairman and owners would have done exactly that with Bagpuss. With hindsight we could have/shave have/might have done lots of things differently. But we didnt. The owners took a view based on the evidence that they had available at the time on what was likely to keep us up in the premiership. Tough call now, but at the time there was a case to do so.

I am not bagpuss' s number one fan, but this sort of revisionist nonsese is just typical of you SOG.

Sorry but the We should have sacked him after our win at Wembley i 100% agree with. We limped over the line due to clint hills sub calls in the final and semi final calls the manager is payed to make. The gaining promotion at 1st time of asking was due to Steve McClaren not Harry, we all know how many points SM got us while Harry was off with his poorly knee to how many Harry got us after he came back and SM left, We went from 5 points clear to 12 points behind 2nd.

All that apart Harrys history of spending and the kind of player he goes for in the top tier should have rung alarm bells with the owners, especially as he had already got us relegated from the top tier once.
Charlie on 16:49 - Apr 27 with 1452 viewsAntti_Heinola

Charlie on 13:26 - Apr 27 by SpiritofGregory

Chelsea are lining up a bid for Charlie.

Philips is attracting interest from West Brom and Southampton.

Are they? Who told you that? Did you read it in a paper? Because if so, it is almost definitely nonsense.
'Lining up a bid' - what does that even mean? At best, there might be some small interest in him because they could probably nab him for £12m. But I don't think he's quite top 4 material. He will certainly go, but I'll be shocked if it's to anyone who finishes higher than Southampton this season. Liverpool, maybe, I suppose.

Bare bones.

Charlie on 17:10 - Apr 27 with 1432 viewsJordanFoster

Charlie on 16:49 - Apr 27 by Antti_Heinola

Are they? Who told you that? Did you read it in a paper? Because if so, it is almost definitely nonsense.
'Lining up a bid' - what does that even mean? At best, there might be some small interest in him because they could probably nab him for £12m. But I don't think he's quite top 4 material. He will certainly go, but I'll be shocked if it's to anyone who finishes higher than Southampton this season. Liverpool, maybe, I suppose.

Agreed, he's not going to Arsenal or Chelsea
Charlie on 17:20 - Apr 27 with 1419 viewsdaveB

Charlie on 16:49 - Apr 27 by Antti_Heinola

Southampton seems a likely move for him, they need a striker as well.
Charlie on 18:13 - Apr 27 with 1403 viewsJuzzie

Just how far off his line does a goalie need to be before the lino (or ref) notices?

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/11161336_1015545559
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024