Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Green 18:47 - Apr 25 with 4145 viewsMarc

Thoughts on Rob Green doing this?

Rob Green on 08:46 - Apr 26 with 1187 viewsstowmarketrange

Rob Green on 03:20 - Apr 26 by Benny_the_Ball

Are you seriously suggesting that Chris Ramsey is a better manager than Sam Allardyce? Hilarious!

No I wasn't,but what I meant to say that I'd prefer him as our manager than fat Sam and his anti football.
I'd give up if I had to watch our team play like that EVERY game.I know we did the same yesterday,but was down to a lack of ideas and desperation.They set out to kill the game and slow it down every chance they could.
Rob Green on 08:51 - Apr 26 with 1171 viewsDejR_vu

Rob Green on 08:46 - Apr 26 by stowmarketrange

No I wasn't,but what I meant to say that I'd prefer him as our manager than fat Sam and his anti football.
I'd give up if I had to watch our team play like that EVERY game.I know we did the same yesterday,but was down to a lack of ideas and desperation.They set out to kill the game and slow it down every chance they could.

If you're here for the quality of the football then you're about forty years too late. We've been worse then West Ham were yesterday for years.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Rob Green on 09:11 - Apr 26 with 1148 viewsstowmarketrange

Rob Green on 08:51 - Apr 26 by DejR_vu

If you're here for the quality of the football then you're about forty years too late. We've been worse then West Ham were yesterday for years.

It has been bad for the last couple of years under Harry I agree,but West Ham are safe in the league but they spent the whole game killing any chance of flowing football by time wasting,cheap fouls,feigning injury.I'd give up going if we resorted to those tactics every game.
We are fighting to stay up and I don't expect us to play like Barcelona,but at least we tried to win the game,unlike West Ham.
Rob Green on 09:47 - Apr 26 with 1106 viewsDiscodroids

i dont like to tear the arse out of a gag* , but you know, its sunday morning and ive got a bastard hangover and my mother in law is coming over for sunday lunch so...

greens distribution has been poor all season as demonstrated below in my scientific graphic taken from 80's atari game 'yars revenge'

key ..
1.'foundation' = robert green
2. 'infinity' = linesman/ front row of crowd/dave thomas from 'a kick up the r's'
3. 'great wall' = the spirit of david bardsley
4.. 'foundation ship' = Niko krancjrs compact case of foundation make up
5. 'dimensional string ' = halfway line / Zamoras pagan burial plot at the end of the season.
6.'alien ' = the 12 year old west ham center back who had more time and space than 'area 51'.

*actually , i do

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Rob Green on 10:23 - Apr 26 with 1072 viewsSpiritofGregory

Rob Green on 09:11 - Apr 26 by stowmarketrange

It has been bad for the last couple of years under Harry I agree,but West Ham are safe in the league but they spent the whole game killing any chance of flowing football by time wasting,cheap fouls,feigning injury.I'd give up going if we resorted to those tactics every game.
We are fighting to stay up and I don't expect us to play like Barcelona,but at least we tried to win the game,unlike West Ham.

It was a practice match for West Ham, it was a must win game for us.

When Green was looking for a contract he turned to West Ham and they said no thanks, we end up handing him a lucrative contract. Meanwhile West Ham gave a one year deal to Jaaskelainen who did well but because of his age they let him go and signed Adrian on a free transfer who no doubt is on a lower wage than Green. Adrian is likely to win West Ham's player of the season award.

We need to be more ruthless like West Ham for too long we have been too soft and let managers and players have an easy ride at our club. Even though Allardyce has done well this season he will not be automatically handed a new contract the West Ham board will sit down with him to discuss his plan and targets for next season and no doubt will be looking at other candidates.
Rob Green on 12:27 - Apr 26 with 1018 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Rob Green on 08:46 - Apr 26 by stowmarketrange

I see. Right now I'd take Sam's brand of football if it guaranteed us mid-table, at least until we were an established premier league club. Trying to run before we can walk has got us into this mess in the first place.
Rob Green on 13:09 - Apr 26 with 992 viewsstowmarketrange

Rob Green on 12:27 - Apr 26 by Benny_the_Ball

I see. Right now I'd take Sam's brand of football if it guaranteed us mid-table, at least until we were an established premier league club. Trying to run before we can walk has got us into this mess in the first place.

It makes me wonder why we bother if the ambition is to play as badly as West ham did yesterday once we are safe for the season.
Rob Green on 13:51 - Apr 26 with 970 viewsCHUBBS

Rob Green on 13:09 - Apr 26 by stowmarketrange

It makes me wonder why we bother if the ambition is to play as badly as West ham did yesterday once we are safe for the season.

West Ham edged the 2nd half having created the best chance with a lightening break.
I thought we played far more hoofball than they did!
We huffed and puffed yet never looked likely to penetrate a team thats season ended a couple of months back.
We now must get a least 3 points from our next 2 games(won't happen) to have even a prayer.
The way results panned out yesterday meant even a win would still need us winning one of our unwinnable games but we could have at least attempted to play some sort of football rather than playing into their hands.
If it meant our club staying up i'd have taken garbage football to do that but next season needs to be a fresh start with some sort of philosophy.
Sam ain't the man for that.
Login to get fewer ads

Rob Green on 14:19 - Apr 26 with 934 viewsstowmarketrange

Rob Green on 13:51 - Apr 26 by CHUBBS

West Ham edged the 2nd half having created the best chance with a lightening break.
I thought we played far more hoofball than they did!
We huffed and puffed yet never looked likely to penetrate a team thats season ended a couple of months back.
We now must get a least 3 points from our next 2 games(won't happen) to have even a prayer.
The way results panned out yesterday meant even a win would still need us winning one of our unwinnable games but we could have at least attempted to play some sort of football rather than playing into their hands.
If it meant our club staying up i'd have taken garbage football to do that but next season needs to be a fresh start with some sort of philosophy.
Sam ain't the man for that.

We were desperate to win the game and so had to get the ball forward as quick as possible,so although there wasnt an excuse for it,you can understand the pressure was all on us.
What excuse is there for a team with nothing to play for trying to kill the game by slowing everything down and feigning injury?
With the pressure off of them why didn't they try to play football a bit more?I'd be upset if we'd play like that if we ever managed to be safe one season.
Rob Green on 16:24 - Apr 26 with 879 viewsSpiritofGregory

Rob Green on 14:19 - Apr 26 by stowmarketrange

We were desperate to win the game and so had to get the ball forward as quick as possible,so although there wasnt an excuse for it,you can understand the pressure was all on us.
What excuse is there for a team with nothing to play for trying to kill the game by slowing everything down and feigning injury?
With the pressure off of them why didn't they try to play football a bit more?I'd be upset if we'd play like that if we ever managed to be safe one season.

I'd rather be in West Ham's position. We are playing crap football and not winning games.

West Ham had nothing to lose yesterday as far as I am concerned yesterday was a chance for them to try out a couple of youngsters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024