Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? 14:56 - Apr 27 with 1608 viewsexiled_dictator

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3056626/Nigel-Pearson-refuses-

i know it's only speculation meant to sell papers, or log onto their website, but it wouldn't be the first time a manager has played a 'weakened' first 11 to preserve a potentially 'stronger' first 11 for more winnable games.
i know the idea of having a 25 man squad, only to be criticized for rotating or using fringe players is completely bonkers, but didn't Holloway get fined for doing something similar with Blackpool?
And who is to say what is the best combination of players? In all the time HR was in charge, did he ever know what was his best 11 players to play? Or even what formation to use as representing the club?
So the idea that a manager or club can get into trouble for playing certain members of their squad is madness.
So surely, we should save our best players for winnable games, and use players of a lesser ability against better teams. Only problem is that every other team in the division is potentially a better team

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 15:37 - Apr 27 with 1534 viewsRBlock

Actual quotes from Nigel Pearson:
"My focus is Leicester City, we will always do what is best for us,’ he said. ‘If we need to freshen it up, we will. [David] Nugent is injured, [Jeff] Schlupp is injured, Vardy had an injection in his foot just before the game. We will assess it. All we are interested in is that our fate is now in our hands and the longer we can keep that, the better the chance we have of surviving. All I’m interested in is keeping our players focused on winning games"

Hardly says he is going to field a weakened team. He simply mentions freshening things up. Just clickbait isn't really.

Isn't there some sort of LFW law against posting articles from the Daily Mail?
Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 19:35 - Apr 27 with 1391 viewsHollowayRanger

got no problem with that its his team

we usually fielded a weakened team every week!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 19:45 - Apr 27 with 1368 viewsOakR

I believe the rules were changed a few years after (was it Wolves?) got fined. I believe you can now play anyone in your 25 and be ok.

You can't I believe field a team of youth players i.e no-one from the 25, or if you do you have to make a good case for it (i.e everyone is injured etc etc).

Poll: Will we stay up?

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 20:21 - Apr 27 with 1330 viewsWokingR

They must have changed it otherwise we would have been fined every time SWP has made an appearance this year
Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 20:34 - Apr 27 with 1303 viewswombat

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 20:21 - Apr 27 by WokingR

They must have changed it otherwise we would have been fined every time SWP has made an appearance this year

Why bother fining us when SWP played we never took any points did we ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 20:39 - Apr 27 with 1287 viewseasthertsr

Can't stand this nonsense, Pearson can choose whatever team he wants, as can any other manager, to do the best for his team, there is a 25 team squad, it's none of any other team's business who they pick.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 14:06]
Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 22:20 - Apr 27 with 1198 viewsSpiritofGregory

Good luck to Leicester.
Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 22:56 - Apr 27 with 1165 viewscarlh5266

Ramsay played Clint against Chelsea and West Ham
Login to get fewer ads

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 08:18 - Apr 28 with 1081 viewsWokingR

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 22:56 - Apr 27 by carlh5266

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 08:30 - Apr 28 with 1069 viewsPunteR

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 22:56 - Apr 27 by carlh5266

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 09:48 - Apr 28 with 1012 viewsdaveB

The only people affected by him playing a weakened side will be Leicester, even with their best team out they will probably lose this one and the title is already won so don't see anything wrong with it. If we were in the same position I'd want the likes of Austin rested for a more winnable game on Saturday
Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 09:58 - Apr 28 with 1005 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 09:48 - Apr 28 by daveB

The only people affected by him playing a weakened side will be Leicester, even with their best team out they will probably lose this one and the title is already won so don't see anything wrong with it. If we were in the same position I'd want the likes of Austin rested for a more winnable game on Saturday

If we were in that position I would be fuming.
Man City 2-2 Burnley?
Burnley 1-0 City?
Chelsea 1-1 Burnley?
Leicester 5-3 Man Utd?
QPR 2-2 City?

Every game is a game where points can be won and so why give it up so easily.
Players should be fit enough to play two games in a week, what do they do in training

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 10:20 - Apr 28 with 984 viewsdaveB

Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 09:58 - Apr 28 by RANGERS4EVER

If we were in that position I would be fuming.
Man City 2-2 Burnley?
Burnley 1-0 City?
Chelsea 1-1 Burnley?
Leicester 5-3 Man Utd?
QPR 2-2 City?

Every game is a game where points can be won and so why give it up so easily.
Players should be fit enough to play two games in a week, what do they do in training

I know it's not impossible to beat the big teams and not suggesting he should rest the entire team, I can just see the idea that Newcastle at home is a better chance for 3 points so if you have someone carrying a slight knock or someone crucial to the team I'd expect them to be left out and kept fresh for the bigger game. The top teams do this as well resting big players ahead of bigger games.

In all honesty though it's pure speculation by the media so they have a story to write about, Pearson hasn't suggested he'll rest anyone just refused to answer a stupid question
Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 10:27 - Apr 28 with 974 viewsSydneyRs

If/when we go down it will not be because Leicester are resting players.
Isn't There Some Kind of Law Against This? on 12:02 - Apr 28 with 925 viewsJuzzie

I'm of the same ilk too in that it's a 25 man squad and the manager should be able to pick whoever he chooses and for whatever reasons. Pearson won't give a fk how it affects other clubs, his interest is in his club.

Didn't Mick McCarthy do this with Wolves a few years back? Rested key playes at Old Trafford, lost, then won a 6 pointer the following weekend with the now rested players back. I don't see anything wrong in that.

Yes, it could be argued that teams do spring up surprise results from time to time but that's the managers decision.

Any romance of the game ebbed away in 1992.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024