Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things I Have Learned This Season 19:31 - Apr 27 with 2807 viewsDylanP

1. Charlie freaking Austin is a footballing god. The best damn striker to wear hoops since Sir Les.

2. We should never buy a player from Manure. Period. End of story. Just don't do it! Players would only go from Manure to QPR as a last resort and we don't need any more spent forces.

3. Chris Ramsey is not a Premership manager. It seemed like it could be a great story, but sadly it wasn't. That's all.

4. Players from relegated teams aren't always the bargain that they appear. Sometimes, there is a reason why they were playing for a relegated team (not always, of course).

5. Football is cruel. One mistake can define a career. Just ask Rob Green. Superb professional. Superb goalie. Superb shotstopper. His mistake against the USA means he will never play for England again. The Nation just cannot forgive and forget something that heinous.

6.QPR fans hate our owners. Always have, always will. Its a mug's game. Since Jim Gregory left (to the cheers of many fans) we have had Thompson, Chris Wright, Blackburn, BP, Gianni, Tango and Cash, Fernandez. Each one has been most vehemently vilified as a curse on the club. They can't all be devils.

7. Money is everything in football but just having money isn't enough. Don't listen to what they say, only what they do. Everyone knows that what we need to do is to build the club from the ground up, starting with the youth system and training facilities. That is what we were promised but what we got was SWP. Ferdinand, and every other passed-it bloodsucker as we tried to buy instant success.

8. Failure isn't the end of everything, just the start of something different. Next season we will be back in the Championship, playing in the dark obscurity of second class teams and (hopefully) enjoying some wins. Don't get me wrong, personally I would prefer a tough year in the Prem than an easy year in the Championship. But let's be honest -- the world isn't ending. We have been there before and know what it takes to get out of the Prem. Yoyo up, yoyo down, yoyo up, yoyo down, repeat until we properly sort our sht out.

40 years since I first fell in love with QPR and in all that time we have won exactly nothing (unless you want to count the Ibiza Cup). 40 seasons and each has its own unique lesson. The biggest lesson of all is, of course, that it is the hope that kills you!

What did I miss? What did you learn from watching the Rs this year?
[Post edited 17 May 2015 3:31]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Things I Have Learned This Season on 19:48 - Apr 27 with 2769 viewskropotkin41

We won the Championship and we won the Play-off final. Neither of those were "nothing".

Other than that I pretty much agree with you. And I reckon next season will be fine. Oh, Fernandes is only one of our owners isn't he? And even the people who blame him don't hate him............ I hate him because he's a capitalist and owns an airline, but it's nothing personal......... and I do blame him a little........ well quite a lot.......... but only for not knowing his arse from his elbow where football is concerned and not for being actively out to fek us over.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Things I Have Learned This Season on 19:56 - Apr 27 with 2751 viewsDorse

I learned that you don't necessarily have to know how to coach, train or pick a team in order to be a top flight manager. You don't even need to be able bend your knees apparently.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Things I Have Learned This Season on 21:31 - Apr 27 with 2642 viewsNortholt_Rs

I was there in Ibiza. Champions of Europe!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Things I Have Learned This Season on 21:43 - Apr 27 with 2618 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Chris Wright.... c0ck.
Things I Have Learned This Season on 22:11 - Apr 27 with 2569 viewsloftboy

You missed out bulstrode

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Things I Have Learned This Season on 00:17 - Apr 28 with 2474 viewsPunteR

That Redknapp is a snake in the grass.
I prefer the championship.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Things I Have Learned This Season on 01:24 - Apr 28 with 2456 viewsNov77

We won the london evening standard five-a-sides more times than anyone else!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Things I Have Learned This Season on 02:58 - Apr 28 with 2431 viewsozexile

I've learnt that apathy from the man at the top certainly translates to the players. I've also learnt that to give yourselves a fighting chance you need a keeper to come for the occasional cross.
Login to get fewer ads

Things I Have Learned This Season on 09:35 - Apr 28 with 2305 viewsDiscodroids

ive learned that essex taxi and paul parker are very nice blokes to have a beer with

errr, the rest has panned out exactly as i thought it would..fuking shit

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Things I Have Learned This Season on 09:49 - Apr 28 with 2291 viewsDiscodroids

oh, and id rather have john barrowman in charge of our club.

at least the sight of our new chairman in drag dressed as nancy from 'oliver' would beat the sight of the current munchkin tweeting pictures of himself with cox pippins on his jermery beadle stunted wrist.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Things I Have Learned This Season on 10:21 - Apr 28 with 2258 viewsCFW

I have learned that I know nothing about football - despite a joke of a pre-season where we frankly wasted time and money I thought we had enough about us to stay up. Then we had the Remy debacle and everyone knew we were short up front. But we have managed to score goals but we just cannot defend and that is our problem.

Agree with DylanP's OP and Disco comments - it has been a slog, a long hard slog and I wonder how many of us wish we did not get that win at Wembley and had stayed in the Championship for another season? HR would have gone and perhaps we would be in a better place.
Things I Have Learned This Season on 10:31 - Apr 28 with 2247 viewsDiscodroids

Things I Have Learned This Season on 10:21 - Apr 28 by CFW

I have learned that I know nothing about football - despite a joke of a pre-season where we frankly wasted time and money I thought we had enough about us to stay up. Then we had the Remy debacle and everyone knew we were short up front. But we have managed to score goals but we just cannot defend and that is our problem.

Agree with DylanP's OP and Disco comments - it has been a slog, a long hard slog and I wonder how many of us wish we did not get that win at Wembley and had stayed in the Championship for another season? HR would have gone and perhaps we would be in a better place.

couldnt have put it better myself mate

total wash out and so fkn predictable.

hindsight?..bolllocks

ther've learned fk all. except how to fk it up again.

for all the 'kill zone' and 'passing completion stats' for the poindexter nerds on here , were probably going to end up with 2 or 3 points more than the nadir season of 2012/3

im begining to believe fernandes plans his next move reading armand traores KHAT leaves or throws the bones of niko's hot wings like runes to decide wether or not he's going to sign kevin nolan on a five year deal or tweet a picture of his phallus with his company logo on it.

i blame it all on ' the cnts upstairs'

thus

[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 11:23]

Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:13 - Apr 28 with 2194 viewsdaveB

I don't think we'd be any better if we had lost at Wembley. Yes Redknapp would have gone but do we really think we'd have got the right manager and put the right squad together to compete. We'd be where Wigan are imo
Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:20 - Apr 28 with 2181 viewsCFW

Things I Have Learned This Season on 10:31 - Apr 28 by Discodroids

couldnt have put it better myself mate

total wash out and so fkn predictable.

hindsight?..bolllocks

ther've learned fk all. except how to fk it up again.

for all the 'kill zone' and 'passing completion stats' for the poindexter nerds on here , were probably going to end up with 2 or 3 points more than the nadir season of 2012/3

im begining to believe fernandes plans his next move reading armand traores KHAT leaves or throws the bones of niko's hot wings like runes to decide wether or not he's going to sign kevin nolan on a five year deal or tweet a picture of his phallus with his company logo on it.

i blame it all on ' the cnts upstairs'

thus

[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 11:23]

You might remember my posts earlier in the season where I was defending HR when all around were gunning for him - you actually defended me saying I have my opinion - this was much appreciated.

I always try and be fair and give a man a chance - as I have said before I have spent time with HR a couple of times at golf events -one for three days. I always found him very nice but that was a few years ago and looking back it is obvious he has changed. My opinion of him has changed big time - I have no respect for him anymore and in some ways he is worse than Hughes (god help me)!! I was wrong and happy to admit it.

I also kind of like TF but have to say how does a man make as much money as him yet be so fuking thick?? I do not think he is a bad person but you are right how many more time is he going to cock up? For these rich Chairman it's a play thing, a bit of fun, something to spunk you money on but for us fans (not just talking about QPR) it is more, so much more. I hope I am wrong about Tony but I am not sure I am.

Just want to support my team. Just want to win a few games and play good football. Just want to enjoy my weekends rather than reading how shite we are and getting depressed just waiting for the next weekend to be exactly the same as the previous one.
Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:31 - Apr 28 with 2158 viewsSaycey

I agree with almost everything you say Dave. Except point 6.

I don't see why fans should be afraid to criticise the owners or the board. Fernandes is put up on a pedestal as some sort of saint by his own PR machine and some fans who have completed bought into that. For those of us who realise the reality is not quite so rosy to state it adds some balance and truth to the picture.
Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:38 - Apr 28 with 2149 viewsDiscodroids

Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:20 - Apr 28 by CFW

You might remember my posts earlier in the season where I was defending HR when all around were gunning for him - you actually defended me saying I have my opinion - this was much appreciated.

I always try and be fair and give a man a chance - as I have said before I have spent time with HR a couple of times at golf events -one for three days. I always found him very nice but that was a few years ago and looking back it is obvious he has changed. My opinion of him has changed big time - I have no respect for him anymore and in some ways he is worse than Hughes (god help me)!! I was wrong and happy to admit it.

I also kind of like TF but have to say how does a man make as much money as him yet be so fuking thick?? I do not think he is a bad person but you are right how many more time is he going to cock up? For these rich Chairman it's a play thing, a bit of fun, something to spunk you money on but for us fans (not just talking about QPR) it is more, so much more. I hope I am wrong about Tony but I am not sure I am.

Just want to support my team. Just want to win a few games and play good football. Just want to enjoy my weekends rather than reading how shite we are and getting depressed just waiting for the next weekend to be exactly the same as the previous one.

depressing aint it mate, i must admit its why i took a few weeks off the board, its just so bloody heartbreaking and demoralising. seeing that fondue tower greyfriars bobby upfront lumbering around like a rigglefich troll under surface to air bombardment with tactics straight out of general melchets handook in the first world war.

cradlecap left us a labour inspired note on his desk, 'the moneys run out' and fkd off into the sunset for a life on dfs sofas and habitat scatter cushions to talk about joe coles bald spot.

i just hope we get to see sutherland, petresso, doughty, furs etc in the side next year and a manger who doesnt remind me of 'diglett' from pokemon planted like a spinning turd in the ground next to bondy who looks as emotionless as the nerve center of the borg collective.

give the club its soul back les.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 11:40]

Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:47 - Apr 28 with 2131 viewsCFW

Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:38 - Apr 28 by Discodroids

depressing aint it mate, i must admit its why i took a few weeks off the board, its just so bloody heartbreaking and demoralising. seeing that fondue tower greyfriars bobby upfront lumbering around like a rigglefich troll under surface to air bombardment with tactics straight out of general melchets handook in the first world war.

cradlecap left us a labour inspired note on his desk, 'the moneys run out' and fkd off into the sunset for a life on dfs sofas and habitat scatter cushions to talk about joe coles bald spot.

i just hope we get to see sutherland, petresso, doughty, furs etc in the side next year and a manger who doesnt remind me of 'diglett' from pokemon planted like a spinning turd in the ground next to bondy who looks as emotionless as the nerve center of the borg collective.

give the club its soul back les.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 11:40]

Every week I say no more Loft for Words but just have not been strong enough to go through with my intentions. Looking forward to the end of the season to be honest - then we will start the usual 'we are signing everyone' reports and before you know where you are it all starts over again.

Things do change but not aways for the best - for me cannot get any worse. Bit like Hornchurch, Romford and Brentwood!!!! Oh my god visiting my parents in Hornchurch twice a week makes me weep!!!!!!
Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:55 - Apr 28 with 2118 viewsDiscodroids

Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:47 - Apr 28 by CFW

Every week I say no more Loft for Words but just have not been strong enough to go through with my intentions. Looking forward to the end of the season to be honest - then we will start the usual 'we are signing everyone' reports and before you know where you are it all starts over again.

Things do change but not aways for the best - for me cannot get any worse. Bit like Hornchurch, Romford and Brentwood!!!! Oh my god visiting my parents in Hornchurch twice a week makes me weep!!!!!!

i think there's a line in 'the firm' the gary oldman holligan film of the late eighties

'dont forget the hornchurch'

hornchurch boys are big and strong
shag your women and drink your beer
la la la laaaaalaaaaaaa
hornchurch boys are big and strong...

marvelous..

Things I Have Learned This Season on 12:08 - Apr 28 with 2107 viewspaulparker

Things I Have Learned This Season on 09:35 - Apr 28 by Discodroids

ive learned that essex taxi and paul parker are very nice blokes to have a beer with

errr, the rest has panned out exactly as i thought it would..fuking shit

Ahhh cheers mate , shame the football got in the way of a potentially good drink up
I have to admit to being very naive as I thought we would Finnish 15th this year that was up until Remy went and we were left with Austin & Zamora and re signed niko fcuking kranjker
Watching us get out passed then out thought & fought against Burton left me with that all to familiar knowing feeling of impending doom
If that wasn't bad enough the abject surrender to Spurs & West Ham 2 of the worst displays I've seen left me in no doubt what was going to happen
The cherry on the cake was Utd away , still if Phillips would have taken THAT chance etc Zzzzzzzz
To many games tossed off was always going to bite us on the arse so it should come to no surprise that we are going down
Still at least our tone is learning by his mistakes eh

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Things I Have Learned This Season on 12:11 - Apr 28 with 2102 viewsCFW

Things I Have Learned This Season on 11:55 - Apr 28 by Discodroids

i think there's a line in 'the firm' the gary oldman holligan film of the late eighties

'dont forget the hornchurch'

hornchurch boys are big and strong
shag your women and drink your beer
la la la laaaaalaaaaaaa
hornchurch boys are big and strong...

marvelous..

Made me laugh that - I do remember that now - think it was the old Eastenders 'dogger' that was singing it with his mate outside a house if my memory serves me right.

Lived in Hornchurch/Romford for 15 years then drove out of the Queens Hospital and did not have a fuking clue when I was and I used to live just down the road at Roneo corner. Frightening.
Things I Have Learned This Season on 12:18 - Apr 28 with 2091 viewsRangers67

Things I have learned over many seasons would be more accurate.
1 I unlike some on here do not regret winning the play off final last year, god knows we have had little over the years to celebrate and the look on peoples faces as they came out of the stadium will stay with me for years.
2 We weren,t good enough for the Premiership, full stop. If your only tactic to retain possession at a throw in is to hurl it up the line to Bobby and hope for the best then you know you are bollocksed.
3 We have suffered from a succession of poor managers starting with Mark Hughes through to Chris Ramsay who although I like him baffled me and a lot of others on here with his negative team selection and tactics on Saturday.
4 The selling of Remy and failure to replace him with at least two players with real pace has found us out big time. Even a poor West Ham side had a threat up front with the pace of Valencia and our defenders were sh*t scared every time he got the ball. What baffles me is that most of the fans could see we lacked pace but how could Redknapp who was being payed a kings ransom not see and do something about it.
5. In Tony F I think we have a good chairman who,s heart is in the right place but his head is not. How many of us would have put the sort of money in he has even if we had it? I am not saying he shouldn,t be criticised over his decisions but try and look at it from his point of view, he has on the face of it tried to make the right choices and has come up short a couple of times but I am not going to criticise him for that.
6 Lastly, I will still be at Loftus Road next season as will many of you guys hopefully , still hoping to make it up to the Prem but my wish is that we do it in a bit of style and not with this Neanderthal way of playing we have had to suffer over the last couple of seasons.
Things I Have Learned This Season on 12:49 - Apr 28 with 2045 viewsHarbour

1. Relying on one striker to score the goals is madness
2. losing key defenders e.g Richard Dunne has cost us games
3. I hate the last 5 minutes of games given how many goals conceded and points lost have occurred in the horrible last 5 minutes
4 signing so called names rio and hr being a prime example is no guarantee of success
5 i hate the premiership
6. i only want to stay in prem to avoid the FFP fine we may get next season
7. even though this season has been awful i am still glad i got see the rs win at wembley last may.....suspect it may have been a once in a lifetime experience
Things I Have Learned This Season on 13:09 - Apr 28 with 2001 viewslave16

Things I Have Learned This Season on 12:49 - Apr 28 by Harbour

1. Relying on one striker to score the goals is madness
2. losing key defenders e.g Richard Dunne has cost us games
3. I hate the last 5 minutes of games given how many goals conceded and points lost have occurred in the horrible last 5 minutes
4 signing so called names rio and hr being a prime example is no guarantee of success
5 i hate the premiership
6. i only want to stay in prem to avoid the FFP fine we may get next season
7. even though this season has been awful i am still glad i got see the rs win at wembley last may.....suspect it may have been a once in a lifetime experience

1. redknapp is better at communicating to the press than the team

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Things I Have Learned This Season on 18:40 - Apr 28 with 1882 viewsDylanP

Things I Have Learned This Season on 10:21 - Apr 28 by CFW

I am really happy with that Wembley win. Firstly, its the first time we have won at Wembley in 40 years. Secondly, what a bloody win: 10 men, absolutely barraged for 87 minutes, Hoilett fights for the ball, ZAMORAAAAAAA!! Absolutely golden moment. Wouldn't give that up for the world. Miserable seasons are the norm for QPR fans, but a last minute win at Wembley is a special memory to be cherished.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024