Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bilbao (Non-QPR) 09:14 - Apr 28 with 853 viewsaston_hoop

Through a combination of curiosity and cheap flights, I am going to be in Bilbao for a couple of nights next month as a stopover on my way back to London. Since a lot of people on here seem to be pretty well travelled, can anyone recommend things to do or see there? History, food, drink, that kind of thing!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 09:24 - Apr 28 with 835 viewsFearless

The Guggenheim is a must if you like architecture and/or art

Enjoy
Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 10:13 - Apr 28 with 792 viewsaston_hoop

Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 09:24 - Apr 28 by Fearless

The Guggenheim is a must if you like architecture and/or art

Enjoy

Cheers, I think that'll be a definite visit for me!

Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 10:28 - Apr 28 with 771 viewsBrightonhoop

As mentioned, the Gugg should be a must visit. It's an industrial port town so you have to seek out it's finer points for food etc but it has adapted well too orgy irked brought by the Gugg. I haven't been for 3 years or so so a bit out of touch. Tapas and wine, cantgo wrong. Enjoy.
Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 10:40 - Apr 28 with 760 viewsKonk

Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 10:13 - Apr 28 by aston_hoop

Cheers, I think that'll be a definite visit for me!

I had three days in Bilbao a couple of years ago, and really liked the place. It’s not exactly Paris or Rome when it comes to sightseeing, but the Guggenheim is worth a visit and it’s a nice walk along the river to get there (although the building was more impressive than the art on our visit) and it’s a nice city to just have a wander about in. The old town is obviously more atmospheric, but there were some great spots for eating in the new town too. Actually, eating out more than justifies a visit on its own: some brilliant pintxo places, especially in the old town. My favourite was probably Irrintzi — Calle Santa Maria 8 — although there are loads of places in and around Calle Santa Maria that do great pintxos. The only place I’ve routinely eaten better in Spain was just up the road in San Sebastian. Gutted that Athletic were away when we visited — every business seemed to have some Athletic pictures/scarves/kits on display, and you can see how important the club is to the city. If you enjoy eating and drinking, you’ll have a great time.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187454-d1574022-Reviews-Irrintzi

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 11:35 - Apr 28 with 721 viewsaston_hoop

Cheers guys, food and drink is always a massive attraction to visiting somewhere for me. It looks like I will eat well.

Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 13:40 - Apr 28 with 657 viewstoboboly

Weird timing, going their in two weeks for a long weekend, annoyingly Athletic Bilbao are away when I am there!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 15:13 - Apr 28 with 605 viewsaston_hoop

Bilbao (Non-QPR) on 13:40 - Apr 28 by toboboly

Weird timing, going their in two weeks for a long weekend, annoyingly Athletic Bilbao are away when I am there!

I'm going Thursday-Saturday at the end of May and they're home to Barcelona!!! Obviously my flight home is on Saturday lunchtime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024