Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Announcements Tuesday? 14:11 - May 4 with 19829 viewsNov77

Tony's tweeting about announcements been made tomorrow which 'should please you'.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Announcements Tuesday? on 14:17 - May 4 with 6575 viewsNov77

[Post edited 4 May 2015 14:37]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Announcements Tuesday? on 14:18 - May 4 with 6565 viewsGloucs_R

1) Ramsey stays as Manager
2) TF appoints a Chairman

Poll: Are we staying up?

Announcements Tuesday? on 14:31 - May 4 with 6486 viewsWeaverQPR

Maybe he's been on the xbox with Remy

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 14:33 - May 4 with 6469 viewsMatch82

Air Asia offering new low fares..
Announcements Tuesday? on 14:34 - May 4 with 6463 viewsWeaverQPR

Redknapp coming back to lead the charge next season

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 14:35 - May 4 with 6455 viewsNov77

"We have learnt a lot about players, managers , agents."

isn't that what he said last time we got relegated?

Announcements Tuesday? on 14:39 - May 4 with 6417 viewsWeaverQPR

Pressure is mounting on TF, relegation all but confirmed for the 2/3 seasons, i know i best release some good news tweets. Season tckts to stay the same £££.

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 14:53 - May 4 with 6334 viewsGloucs_R

Announcements Tuesday? on 14:39 - May 4 by WeaverQPR

Pressure is mounting on TF, relegation all but confirmed for the 2/3 seasons, i know i best release some good news tweets. Season tckts to stay the same £££.

The Hoops are coming back....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:05 - May 4 with 6261 viewsNW5Hoop

"There is little debt by the way. All shareholders loan"

Well, apart from the £42m from the banks that is secured against the stadium.
Announcements Tuesday? on 15:09 - May 4 with 6237 viewsTacticalR

So let's get this straight. Fernandes is tweeting about tweeting?

Air hostess clique

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:10 - May 4 with 6236 viewsBlackCrowe

Well this to me is good news. A lot of poor decisions on players and mangers of course, but his heart is still in it. If he left, none with good intention would touch us with a barge pole with - we'd get owners like those of Cardiff, Leeds, Hull, Fulham. TF gets my support for a while longer yet.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:11 - May 4 with 6228 viewsdanehoop

In that respect something similar was said. TF's model as I have banged on about before is putting proven and effective managers into run the parts of his business and backing them to do the business. He I think thought he will have done that with Hughes and then Bagpuss. In the former he got caught cold by Kia Hyundaimotors meddling and the Taffia's over estimation of their own competence/ability. Chuck in a few attempted marquee signing as well and it all went wrong. Lesson learned, be careful who you trust with your money and pay close attention to the source of advice being provided.

He brought in beard because he had a proven track record from running venues like the O2 and wider business experience. Again he learnt there is a world of difference between running a venue and a football club. Accountability and visibility of errors are much greater and the skills sets very different, meaning on the football side you struggle desperately. Equally a star name manager who was loved by the media, doesn't necessarily have the same desire and hopes that you have. I think on paper it made sense, but in practice Bagpuss shortcomings were exposed. He cleared out a lot of deadwood, but showed his coaching style to be increasingly unsuited to a club like QPR. Too many favourites and dressing room that clearly had players who were in favour or out of favour, irrespective of performance, and a plan to afford defeat rather than get wins.

In appointing Sir Les he made I think a first good step in addressing the weakness on the football side. Qualified, good background in the game, well respected by all and completely honest and knowledgeable of QPR. I think the influence of Sir Les is there (listen to Charlie Austin talk about it in helping him improve) and how Sir Les actually has a vision on how QPR will progress (which was realistic from the outset that you cant buy success in with our set up).

In selecting Ramsay to take over from Bagpuss, well that was a calculated gamble. Too late to buy new players whoever came in and someone who's coaching skills were highly regarded by those in football. It was also a cheap option - which given where we are with cutting our costs, is a strong attraction - and new the club and players. The players have performed better and responded to actually being coached and following a game plan. He has shown some clear flexibility in his thinking around tactics and substitutions clearly showing there is a plan B. He has done probably the best that anyone would with the hand dealt in his first job (and the Premiership is a hard place to be when it isn't going as well as you'd want). I think he has been dreadfully unlucky both with injuries and suspensions, rarely being able to field the full team that he'd like. Neil's post on this is more articulate than I will ever be, but for all of his short comings, on the basis of what was available to work with the squad and facilities we had. It is a shame that it didn't work for Ramsay, but his appointment made sense for the first time under TF we hadn't gone the obvious big name signing. irrespective of what some say I don't think that tactics Tim would have been anymore successful at QPR than Ramsay. The comparison with Villa isn't good given the players on their books and facilities they have. As soon a Beneteke was fit and back in the squad (which coincided with Timmy's arrival) they were away.

So has TF learnt? He has tried to cut back on the twitter stuff and making constant unnecessary statements (though clearly its is against his nature). He has tried to sit back and work through Sir Les and trust him on the football side. He has watched improved performances, but still a fair bit of work in progress, and yet seen results go against the club. He has effectively written off a lot of money invested in the club. BUT - he has overpromised and under delivered on the infrastructure side and that is where for me there is a significant failing. The tactics over the new stadium look poorly advised at best (and I would certainly be taking a long hard look at what advice was given when it came to dealing with Car Giant). The worst of it was Warren Farm where we simply seem to have dropped what looked to be the single most encouraging investment in QPRs future. That last point is one where I want to see progress to prove that TF has learnt. The stadium bother me much less than Warren Farm. One provides a genuine opportunity to put the club on a progressive path going forward. The other is a pie in the sky dream which is more about a property deal than QPR's stadium needs.

Another non announcement about Stadiums will prove he really hasn't learnt as much as he should about what QPR needs.

Never knowingly understood

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:12 - May 4 with 6228 viewsWeaverQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:10 - May 4 by BlackCrowe

Well this to me is good news. A lot of poor decisions on players and mangers of course, but his heart is still in it. If he left, none with good intention would touch us with a barge pole with - we'd get owners like those of Cardiff, Leeds, Hull, Fulham. TF gets my support for a while longer yet.

Your easily pleased, a few cryptic tweets and its panic over!

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:17 - May 4 with 6183 viewsDiscodroids

tony fernandes #twitter

15.20pm

..good news QPR fans, finally blown my tantric man fat under the clear coffee table after a scatology session with that thai hooker in my shard penthouse.
#good things come to those that wait.

15.21pm

theres a new flavour of nobbys nuts hitting the western market to placate the lads down the springbok. 'fish and loaf'
[Post edited 4 May 2015 15:21]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:18 - May 4 with 6174 viewsNov77

a new CEO to be announced in the next few weeks.
What will his role be? any conflict with Les over transfers?

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:22 - May 4 with 6137 viewsWeaverQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:18 - May 4 by Nov77

a new CEO to be announced in the next few weeks.
What will his role be? any conflict with Les over transfers?

LF identifies the new talent the CEO fails to sign them

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:30 - May 4 with 6086 viewsTheBlob

Looks like I'm getting that tenner.

Gawd blessya Tone.
[Post edited 4 May 2015 15:31]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:30 - May 4 with 6086 viewsYorkRanger

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:22 - May 4 by WeaverQPR

LF identifies the new talent the CEO fails to sign them

Kit or badge announcement?
Announcements Tuesday? on 15:36 - May 4 with 6053 viewsQPR_John

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:05 - May 4 by NW5Hoop

"There is little debt by the way. All shareholders loan"

Well, apart from the £42m from the banks that is secured against the stadium.

Is debt secured against an asset in included in FFP. Technically it is a mortgage. Any debt against a new stadium is not included in FFP which allows for spending on infrastructure.
[Post edited 4 May 2015 15:40]
Announcements Tuesday? on 15:44 - May 4 with 6004 viewsTheBlob

"Good things come to good people. "

Oh I see.

It's our fault then is it?

Well that's you off the christmas card list.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:46 - May 4 with 5988 viewsWeaverQPR

Club debt is related to the new stadium, that would be the new stadium that we do not have, is not currently being built or even own the land to build it on.

@WeavQPR

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:55 - May 4 with 5935 viewsNorthernr

"should please you"

Sigh. Presuming by 'you' he means the QPR fans on Twitter that's not good. He cannot keep running the bloody club and making decisions based on what is said to him on social media. Twitter is a place where everybody gets the same amount of characters to address whoever they like on there, no matter how fcking stupid and ignorant they are. The bloke who wanders round Finchley shouting at the parked cars could Tweet Tony Fernandes if he wanted. Some of the stuff that gets Tweeted to Fernandes is fcking alarming and he seems to think it's a massive positive that he's accessible in this way.

I hope this new CEO is a shrewd fcker.
Announcements Tuesday? on 15:59 - May 4 with 5901 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:55 - May 4 by Northernr

"should please you"

Sigh. Presuming by 'you' he means the QPR fans on Twitter that's not good. He cannot keep running the bloody club and making decisions based on what is said to him on social media. Twitter is a place where everybody gets the same amount of characters to address whoever they like on there, no matter how fcking stupid and ignorant they are. The bloke who wanders round Finchley shouting at the parked cars could Tweet Tony Fernandes if he wanted. Some of the stuff that gets Tweeted to Fernandes is fcking alarming and he seems to think it's a massive positive that he's accessible in this way.

I hope this new CEO is a shrewd fcker.

"I hope this new CEO is a shrewd fcker."

If he was shrewd he wouldn't even attend the interview
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:03 - May 4 with 5857 viewsSpiritofGregory

Look forward to the announcements.
Announcements Tuesday? on 16:03 - May 4 with 5859 viewsNorthernr

Announcements Tuesday? on 15:59 - May 4 by Hoop_Du_Jour

"I hope this new CEO is a shrewd fcker."

If he was shrewd he wouldn't even attend the interview

I'm not quite at the "we're totally fcked, it doesn't matter who the manager or the CEO is" stage yet, but I'm not far off. Couple of really excellent appointments at CEO and manager, Ferdinand at CEO, actual focus on the academy (rather than a Twitter focus on the academy, which is where you tell Twitter you're all about the academy and then do fck all about it) and we can still be salvaged.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024