Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. 20:31 - May 10 with 6529 viewssmegma

Congratulations. You said you would rather get relegated than stay up with Sherwood as QPR manager. Brilliant. Let's celebrate being relegated. To think what might have happened had we given Timothy the keys to the changing rooms. Not are Villa only safe from the drop but they have won more cup ties this season than our previous 5 managers combined. What a lucky escape we had eh???? Some experts even said the same about Pardew as well. Double lucky or what??? I'm off to count my blessings and to thank my lucky stars..
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 00:04 - May 11 with 1665 viewsCamberleyR

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 21:47 - May 10 by WestonsuperR

Not convinced Sherwood would have kept us up but I am certain he would have done better than 8pts from 13 matches. It's easy to dislike Sherwood but he isn't getting the credit he deserves for turning it around at Villa and to say Benteke kept them up and not Sherwood is simply ridiculous.

"and to say Benteke kept them up and not Sherwood is simply ridiculous. "

Leave it out, his goals since Sherwood has been manager have earned them an extra eight points than they would have got otherwise. That bloke has got massive shoulders because he's carried Aston Villa for three seasons.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 00:10 - May 11 with 1658 viewsBklynRanger

Smegma you're normally sound as a pound but anyone pulling this 'I told you so' stuff today is a (hopefully temporary) kunt.
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 00:23 - May 11 with 1628 viewsHooped_Pullie

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 00:10 - May 11 by BklynRanger

Smegma you're normally sound as a pound but anyone pulling this 'I told you so' stuff today is a (hopefully temporary) kunt.

Yes, not the time for that, I agree.

However, as I have said elsewhere, Sherwood would have kept us up IMHO. Agreed, we have no Benteke or Grealish, but we have others he'd have made the best of. And he'd have kept Charlie scoring.

I expect Villa next season to be around where Stoke, Swansea and Southampton have been this season.

Not likeable, but the man is a winner.
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 00:48 - May 11 with 1603 viewsPunteR

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 00:23 - May 11 by Hooped_Pullie

Yes, not the time for that, I agree.

However, as I have said elsewhere, Sherwood would have kept us up IMHO. Agreed, we have no Benteke or Grealish, but we have others he'd have made the best of. And he'd have kept Charlie scoring.

I expect Villa next season to be around where Stoke, Swansea and Southampton have been this season.

Not likeable, but the man is a winner.

Doesn't really matter now does it? All , if,buts and maybe's.
Maybe he would have kept us up,and if he did then what? Another load of massive contracts,big names millions spent? Some people on here rate Daniel Levy stating that he's a shrewd chairman... Well, he sacked Sherwood, so that tells its own story.
For the record I didn't have a problem with him coming here to begin with. But he didn't. So we move on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 01:27 - May 11 with 1582 viewsbarabajagal

Not so sure. Our team was absolutely dreadful. So slow, often clueless, sparse talent, 'rotten eggs' and predominantly unfit. Redknapp failed to capitalise on his (and our) good fortune. Some accuse him of being bereft of football nous, lazy, egotistical, and with us, lacking passion. The evidence from this season supports these assertions. The error was keeping him on. Last May was a big opportunity for Tony Fernandes to take us beyond this raw tripe we've been served, but he would have had to sack Redknapp. He should have recognised the importance of this season, the importance of this club, but he didn't. For Sherwood to have had an impact, he'd have had to take us on in August. He probably wouldn't have relied on Zamora to lead the line, he probably wouldn't have resigned kranjcar, he probably wouldn't have required the tactical genii of Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond to stay up.

In short, The season was over before it begun. On balance, I believe that Tim Sherwood, and even Tony Pulis would not have kept us up in January, unless we had employed them both just so that fellow relegation candidates couldn't have had them. Changes were required 11 months ago. And now, TF has to do it all over again, if his heart's in it.
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 07:47 - May 11 with 1498 viewsWestonsuperR

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 00:04 - May 11 by CamberleyR

"and to say Benteke kept them up and not Sherwood is simply ridiculous. "

Leave it out, his goals since Sherwood has been manager have earned them an extra eight points than they would have got otherwise. That bloke has got massive shoulders because he's carried Aston Villa for three seasons.

The point is Sherwood has got Benteke playing and scoring, had Lambert still been in charge you can't honestly think Benteke would have suddenly stating scoring all those goals and saved them?
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 09:06 - May 11 with 1459 viewsSomersetHoops

Sherwood didn't come to QPR because he knew we were going to be relegated whoever our manager would be. Lets face it so did Redcrapp and that is why he left us with his sh*t players. If we are honest most fans knew we were doomed without the opportunity at that time to sensibly improve the squad. Redcrapp should be pilloried for that and we should make it our job to ensure he is not allowed with his normal lying excuses to dodge responsibility aided by the unbelievable stupidity of our Chairman in not kicking hime out soon enough to make a difference to our fate.

Who's Next?

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 09:13 - May 11 with 1439 viewsQPR442

What a stupid OP. Tim Sherwood didn't want to come to QPR, end off.
Login to get fewer ads

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 09:15 - May 11 with 1436 viewsdanehoop

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 07:47 - May 11 by WestonsuperR

The point is Sherwood has got Benteke playing and scoring, had Lambert still been in charge you can't honestly think Benteke would have suddenly stating scoring all those goals and saved them?

well yes. He was injured for 5-6 months and his return coincided with Tiger Tim's return.

Never knowingly understood

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 09:22 - May 11 with 1426 views1BobbyHazell

Agreed, very poor post having at pop a other posters over groundless conjecture.

F*ck knows what Lambert was up to not being able to get goals out of a front seven of Delph, Cleverley, Nzogbia, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Sinclair and Benteke. Jesus, every single one of them would walk into our starting line up blindfolded with fu*king clown shoes on.

If it's managers we could have had who did better than us this season that are the answer then we should all be having a pop at ourselves for letting Hughes go!
[Post edited 11 May 2015 9:29]
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 09:27 - May 11 with 1413 viewsMonahoop

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 20:45 - May 10 by HollowayRanger

we would have stayed up if Austin had a real partner up front who knew how to score goals

We would [might] have stayed up if we had decent infrastructure, preparation and attitude on and off the field end of. We went down the last time disorganised and muddled and came up last season disorganised and muddled. Nothing learnt, nothing gained. This has been a waste of a season really and all because of the appalling way this club is run. I don't know if Sherwood would have made much difference, but he would have had to work with a club that is rotten to the core, something if any knowing prospective manager if they had half a functioning brain cell would have wisely avoided.
We are the present laughing stock club of the football league and deservedly so.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 09:46 - May 11 with 1395 viewsAntti_Heinola

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 20:43 - May 10 by Northernr

Yeh, I reckon we were only one different managerial appointment away from survival.

Was going to post something, then read this, and realised you summed it all up beautifully in just a few words.

Amazing that some fans still think along these lines, after everything we've seen and all the available evidence. 15 managers since the Prem began, not including caretakers, and still you get people who believe that's the main issue. Laughable!

Bare bones.

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 10:04 - May 11 with 1385 viewsCamberleyR

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 07:47 - May 11 by WestonsuperR

IMO that's coincidental. Benteke got injured March/April last year, didn't have a pre-season, only came back in October and then three games into his comeback was sent off and received a three game ban putting his comeback even furher behind schedule.

That he's started scoring regularly again is probably due to the fact that he finally got fully back up to speed in February this year fortuitously for Sherwood when he took over.

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 10:23 - May 11 with 1374 viewsTHEBUSH

It's obvious Sherwood didn't want to come to us, he was looking for a bigger club and a long contract.

He had everything going for him to come here, namely Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey, he chose Villa instead, says it all
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 10:43 - May 11 with 1359 viewsTacticalR

Let's keep gilets out of our club.

Air hostess clique

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 10:42 - May 13 with 1213 viewssmegma

I'm merely pointing out the ridiculousness of wishing we got relegated rather than staying up under Sherwood, Pardew or even Pulis. 3 people who were brought in as 'firefighters' at their respective clubs and at this point seem to have succeeded in that quest. As for 'I told you so', I said so at the time .
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 11:00 - May 13 with 1176 viewsRangersw12

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 10:42 - May 13 by smegma

I'm merely pointing out the ridiculousness of wishing we got relegated rather than staying up under Sherwood, Pardew or even Pulis. 3 people who were brought in as 'firefighters' at their respective clubs and at this point seem to have succeeded in that quest. As for 'I told you so', I said so at the time .

The clubs you mentioned all had far better squads than us so all a bit irrelevant
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 11:21 - May 13 with 1155 viewswestberksr

i'd have had any of those 3 despite the fact that they are all miserable gits.

but i don't think that post transfer window any would have wanted to come to us given the other options that they were presented with.

WBA - established prem squad
C Pal - pace, pace & pace
Villa - better overall squad and arguably one of the top 3 CFs in the league coming back from fitness issues, and pace to back him up. also Vlar had missed a lot of games this year and was back to form. Gillet made Villa more attacking, but Lambert had made them worse than watching paint dry believing that possession wins game, when the truth is that goals do!

we were shit before the window and then lost Fer, Dunne and Vargas. all otehr teams had players back from injuries.
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 12:54 - May 13 with 1129 viewsSimonJames

At the end of the day we scored enough goals to finish 14th, but we have by far the worst (old/crocked/slow or simply incompetent) defence in the league. If it wasn't for Green's heroics we would have been relegated weeks ago.
From Day One, no manager was ever going to be able to keep this leaky paper raft afloat.

100% of people who drink water will die.

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 13:05 - May 13 with 1119 viewsR_from_afar

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 20:45 - May 10 by HollowayRanger

we would have stayed up if Austin had a real partner up front who knew how to score goals

Pity Redkrapp didn't spot that, the doughball that he is.

You know, the striker situation is an example of something that most fans would've addressed better than 'Arry.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 13:07 - May 13 with 1116 viewsrobith

If you're trying to compare us directly to Palace, Villa and WBA, you're comparing 3 oranges with one very rotten apple
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 13:21 - May 13 with 1101 viewsSpiritofGregory

Sherwood walked away from QPR because he asked what contingency plans were in place if we stayed up or went down. Of course QPR didn't have an answer because planning and strategy is non existent at the club. You can't blame him for asking questions he is extremely confident in his own ability. Ramsey grabbed the job because it will probably be the only time he manages in the Premier League.

I have just watched John Gregory tell a panel that Ramsey was the wrong appointment because he has no experience and not tough enough to handle the players. Ramsey's mate argued on his behalf even though Ramsey failed miserably. Gregory is spot on.
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 13:42 - May 13 with 1076 viewsCamberleyR

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 13:21 - May 13 by SpiritofGregory

Sherwood walked away from QPR because he asked what contingency plans were in place if we stayed up or went down. Of course QPR didn't have an answer because planning and strategy is non existent at the club. You can't blame him for asking questions he is extremely confident in his own ability. Ramsey grabbed the job because it will probably be the only time he manages in the Premier League.

I have just watched John Gregory tell a panel that Ramsey was the wrong appointment because he has no experience and not tough enough to handle the players. Ramsey's mate argued on his behalf even though Ramsey failed miserably. Gregory is spot on.

Honestly SoG, I really don't know why Tony Fernandes hasn't appointed you to the vacant CEO position.

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 14:41 - May 13 with 1045 viewswestberksr

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 12:54 - May 13 by SimonJames

At the end of the day we scored enough goals to finish 14th, but we have by far the worst (old/crocked/slow or simply incompetent) defence in the league. If it wasn't for Green's heroics we would have been relegated weeks ago.
From Day One, no manager was ever going to be able to keep this leaky paper raft afloat.

especially the crooked ctnu that put this decrepid/crocked/slow/old squad together but apparently should have managed England; their gain was our loss.
All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 14:46 - May 13 with 1034 viewsJigsore

All you Tim Sherwood haters have got your way. on 14:41 - May 13 by westberksr

especially the crooked ctnu that put this decrepid/crocked/slow/old squad together but apparently should have managed England; their gain was our loss.

Harry would have always turned down the England job when he realised he couldn't sign Kranjcar anyway

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024