Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for any jam/weller fans 15:38 - May 18 with 6991 viewsthemodfather

new weller lp out today "saturns pattern" on various formats..also a book by genesis publications called "into tomorrow" finally printed, very pricey, check their site for availability....rick buckler has a new book out called "that's entertainment/my life in the jam" , foxton is trying to raise money via pledge music for a new lp...there's a new jam book/cd linked to an exhibition this summer at somerset house, called "growing up with the jam", orders via pledge music again.....then there's weller/the who in june this year at hyde park....( hope the credit card can handle it all!!!) cheers
for any jam/weller fans on 13:27 - May 19 with 1950 viewsMonahoop

for any jam/weller fans on 13:24 - May 19 by themodfather

after the newky game, the dj in the bok...played "malice"/"entertainment" and "going underground" and got a good reaction

buckler says very little about weller in his new book, so either no sour grapes or staying clear....
for you rock fans check out genesis publications for their catalogue, their books are top notch and collectible , a ringo starr one of private pics is £1000.....

When you say private pics of Ringo, how private are private? Intriguing or disturbing or both!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

for any jam/weller fans on 13:50 - May 19 with 1940 viewsCamberleyR

for any jam/weller fans on 06:45 - May 19 by DWQPR

Was a great fan of the Jam in the day, still have all their albums and singles, picture cover, and a few extra releases, such as That's Entertainment, which contrary to popular belief was never actually released as a single in the UK but was a German import that charted. A little known fact that the Jam got three singles directly in at No. 1 and after the Beatles was the only other band to achieve this at the time, in a period when it took a hell of a lot of sales to achieve a top 10 status, unlike today with so much minipulation of the charts and concentration on album sales. Never took as much interest in his solo career but caught up and feel that more and more lately he has gone 'all Clapton' and the quality of the songs are drifting downwards, whether this is because of the high benchmark he has set himself or because I am becoming a little bit less appreciative. Still, have my tickets for Hyde Park on 26th June, in the garden area when he will be supporting Acton's finest.

Not quite true. In between The Beatles and The Jam, the mighty Slade entered three singles straight in at number one, in the same calendar year (1973) no less.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

for any jam/weller fans on 15:31 - May 19 with 1911 viewsbob566

for any jam/weller fans on 13:50 - May 19 by CamberleyR

Not quite true. In between The Beatles and The Jam, the mighty Slade entered three singles straight in at number one, in the same calendar year (1973) no less.

did some googling on this and ok its only wiki but they reckon westlife released 7 number ones from their album and three in one year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_who_reached_number_one_on_the_UK_Si

also spicegirls had three number ones in the one year and take that.

Obviously only looked up the obvious boy and girlbands but maybe there's a few rappers who have had 3 number ones in the same year too.
for any jam/weller fans on 09:07 - May 20 with 1840 viewsPommyhoop

One of the best sing along tracks for a supporters or beano coach ever recorded. ATAF !

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

for any jam/weller fans on 10:35 - May 20 with 1808 viewsqpr1976

My two penneth worth.

The Jam, one of the finest English bands in my lifetime. Only bettered by The Clash.
All Mod Cons & Setting Sons are brilliant, In The City, Sound Effects & The Gift all very good, only Modern World lets them down in my opinion, it's their Cut The Cr@p.

The Style Council, loved their fiest couple of albums, but probably best getting the greatest hits package which features some great tunes - You're The Best Thing, Long Hot Summer, Shout To The Top, Walls Come Tumbling Down.....

Paul Weller, again loved the first 3 albums (Paul Weller, Wild Wood, Stanley Road).
Then it gets patchy, much like his mates Oasis. The next 5 albums are hit & miss. you could take 2 or 3 tracks off each (Heavy Soul, Heliocentric, Illumination, Studio 150 & As Is Now) and make 1 great album ! Then there's his current 'creative' period. 22 Dreams, Wake Up The Nation, Sonik Kicks & Saturns Pattern - The music press seem to love them, but I guess I'm missing something. Again, take 3 tracks from each and you'd get a great album.

Still a great effort to still be making music with a passion almost 40 years on.
for any jam/weller fans on 11:06 - May 20 with 1798 viewsJuzzie

for any jam/weller fans on 12:24 - May 19 by Juzzie

I like the Jam but never really got into any of his solo ventures.

I do a lot of work on Jam reissues so always good to see what other stuff has been unearthed.

Heads up: We're releasing (I only heard about it yesterday myself!) a vinyl LP in late October entitled "Live at the 100 Club" - only 2,000 will be made, get your orders with your local retails in now! ;o)

I should also add there's "About The Young Idea: The Best Of The Jam" being released on June 22nd. Artwork came in this morning so all looking good.

It's a 2CD set in a Digipak with 47 tracks (a radio ad, some demo's etc.)
for any jam/weller fans on 11:40 - May 20 with 1788 viewsElHoop

Someday he's going to do a 'career greatest hits tour' backed up by a career greatest hits compilation. Must be a certainty.
for any jam/weller fans on 11:58 - May 20 with 1780 viewsJuzzie

"....backed up by a career greatest hits compilation" - I wouldn't be surprised if it's probably already in the pipeline!
Login to get fewer ads

for any jam/weller fans on 12:10 - May 20 with 1772 viewsqpr1976

for any jam/weller fans on 11:58 - May 20 by Juzzie

"....backed up by a career greatest hits compilation" - I wouldn't be surprised if it's probably already in the pipeline!

Wot like 2006's Hit Parade release ?
Single disk best of all 3 eras or 4 disk version collating ALL singles from Jam, Style Council & Solo work ??
for any jam/weller fans on 12:26 - May 20 with 1756 viewsJuzzie

for any jam/weller fans on 12:10 - May 20 by qpr1976

Wot like 2006's Hit Parade release ?
Single disk best of all 3 eras or 4 disk version collating ALL singles from Jam, Style Council & Solo work ??

dunno, I didn't work on that one! Came out on a different Label that I work for.

With 4 new studio albums, 2 live albums and 2 compilations since 2006 I won't be surprised if there's an updated 'defintive' collection!
for any jam/weller fans on 12:40 - May 20 with 1754 viewsPigbag

I'm a big fan, seen him about 8-10 times. Mostly his own gig's but also at festivals. I've found some gigs have been poor, some average and some excellent. It seems to be if he's up for it that day/night, which isn't very professional.
Listened to his new album a few times already and I think it's his best in years, not very Jam-esque though if that's what you are looking for.
for any jam/weller fans on 13:41 - May 20 with 1715 viewssupahoopsa

for any jam/weller fans on 10:06 - May 19 by DWQPR

No 12" singles released until much later in the day, certainly when Going Underground was released, their first No.1 if you bought early then like most singles in those days you got the picture cover, no other gimmicks or additional releases at all.

I think you'll find that the first few thousand copies of Going Underground came with a free EP of The Jam Live.

I am sure I still have both in the loft somewhere

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

for any jam/weller fans on 13:51 - May 20 with 1706 viewsthemodfather

the 1st 100,00 of going underground had a 3 track 7in, with live tracks of "tube station/numbers/the modern world?"

absolute beginners had a song sheet/pic insert

the "live jam" single came with "snap" lp release
to think "heavy soul" lp was denied number one cos it had several pic cards "loose" and this discounted many copies..it was meant to have been either stapled and glued and wouldn't have been discounted..odd bet hey ho...."going underground" was on no studio lp either....
for me, these days all the re-releases, deluxe things are mainly for the collection. of weller's many singles, few chart well and i really only like a few like "floorboards up" "come on lets go" and the ELO rip "changingman"!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024