Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, who do we want then?...... 19:04 - May 19 with 14369 viewsbacardiinbrissie

I dont know a great deal about the players in the lower leagues but who should we be looking at getting in? Anyone stand out?
Would anyone take Mackie back from Reading? or what about Simpson from Leicester beasue he isnt getting much playing time.
I guess were going to get the usual Rhodes etc names, but bearing in mind our limited finances, is there anyone who we should be aiming for. Id imagine most positions are up for grabs in our squad right now except maybe Yun's & the keepers.?
Thoughts?
So, who do we want then?...... on 21:20 - May 20 with 2775 viewspaulparker

So, who do we want then?...... on 00:00 - May 20 by ganjR

Solanke on a seasons long loan.
I'd get Hendrie in on loan from west Ham.
Mackie back, Connolly back.
If we can't get Pritchard, then Hourihane from Barnsley.
I like the look of Markkanen at Castilla.
Maybe look at players like Scougall (Sheff.Utd), Abraham (loan, Chelsea), Woods (Shrewsbury), Wallace (Portsmouth), Bogle (Solihull), Grimshaw (Glossop), Parker (Red Star), etc.

Great shout on Jed Wallace , Been impressed with him the last couple of seasons in a poor Pompey team
Chris Gunter as RB would be good with cover from Harriman and Furlong
At CB I would put in a bid for Hanley at Blackburn, him and ned could be a good pairing , Michael turner or maybe Harry McGuire to come & act as cover with Ehmer

Midfield I would look for a loan with Deli Ali or Daniel Crowley from arsenal , there is a player called George Wood at Everton who is highly rated and maybe another who is good for a loan
Greg Halford is on a free , if we have money lets go for Lansbury from Forest get him and make him captain , another player I would possibly look at is Jonathan Douglas from Brentford, again he is on a free

Upfront we are going to need 4 strikers, you need plenty of fire power in this league and we will lose Austin & hopefully Zamora
Sean Scannell from Huddersfield is on a free ,as is Ward from Derby , again Gestarde from Blackburn would be a good target man, maybe we could also do a deal with Palace for Austin cash & glen Murray , devante Cole on loan from city or Wilson at Man Utd

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So, who do we want then?...... on 21:21 - May 20 with 2773 viewsMarc

So, who do we want then?...... on 18:40 - May 20 by thame_hoops

I'd take Scott Parker, he'd be cheap, benjani (knows where the back of the net is) and Kanu (to be the target man instead of Bobby Z

Kanu must be in his early 30s by now?
So, who do we want then?...... on 21:43 - May 20 with 2734 viewsganjR

So, who do we want then?...... on 21:20 - May 20 by paulparker

Great shout on Jed Wallace , Been impressed with him the last couple of seasons in a poor Pompey team
At CB I would put in a bid for Hanley at Blackburn, him and ned could be a good pairing , Michael turner or maybe Harry McGuire to come & act as cover with Ehmer

Midfield I would look for a loan with Deli Ali or Daniel Crowley from arsenal , there is a player called George Wood at Everton who is highly rated and maybe another who is good for a loan
Greg Halford is on a free , if we have money lets go for Lansbury from Forest get him and make him captain , another player I would possibly look at is Jonathan Douglas from Brentford, again he is on a free

Upfront we are going to need 4 strikers, you need plenty of fire power in this league and we will lose Austin & hopefully Zamora
Sean Scannell from Huddersfield is on a free ,as is Ward from Derby , again Gestarde from Blackburn would be a good target man, maybe we could also do a deal with Palace for Austin cash & glen Murray , devante Cole on loan from city or Wilson at Man Utd

Some good shouts there too.
Alot will be about who goes as to who comes in.we will lose 1, probably 2 keepers. I think Harriman and Furlong will be our Rb's we will need another Lb to be competition for Yun. I think that Caulker, Onouha and Ehmer will be our Cb's so Connolly on a free would be a great addition. I think Henry and maybe Barton will get new deals, so alongside Doughty, we will need 3 or 3 new CM's. We are going to need at least 2 or 3 new strikers and 2 new wingers.
We don't know how much, if any, money we will have to spend.
Knowing our luck, the FFP will drag on and stop us buying anyone.
If that happens, then we can easily do a Blackpool.
I can't see the likes of Gestede and Rhodes coming here and Wallace is being chased by Norwich and Fulham (supposedly) and Fulham aim to spend this summer.
If Glasgow Rangers don't go up, Lee Wallace could be a good shout for LB.
I'm still gutted about us not going for Sakho, last summer as well as former Dundee Utd. Players: GMS and Armstrong. Good quality players.
So, who do we want then?...... on 21:44 - May 20 with 2732 viewsjoolsyp

So, who do we want then?...... on 10:31 - May 20 by DWQPR

Two strikers I would look at is Chris O'Grady of Brighton who in the season before last scored a lot of goals for a poor Barnsley side that got relegated. Quick, strong and knows how to finish. The second is a rough diamond that has impressed me greatly when I have seen him on TV and that is Che Adams from Sheffield United. 18 years old I think, they got him very cheap from Ilkston and could learn a lot from Les.

Yes Adams looked good against Swindon in the play-offs, very quick and skilful.
So, who do we want then?...... on 22:14 - May 20 with 2667 viewsPey

So, who do we want then?...... on 21:20 - May 20 by paulparker

Some excellent shouts there Paul...

Lansbury would be top of my wish list, very good player, knows the championship, box to box midfielder with all the skills needed, something we are missing badly for a while.
Hanley, no nonsense young defender and more important knows how to be in charge of defense vocal and in personality, something Caulker and Ned both don't or still not have.
So, who do we want then?...... on 22:32 - May 20 with 2630 viewsBasingstokeR

Should go for Jed Wallace, Fulham looking favourites at the moment.
So, who do we want then?...... on 23:42 - May 20 with 2564 viewsbacardiinbrissie

So just reading through this again, it strikes me that there are a lot of decent players being named and not many being duplicated in posts. That makes me think that we should be able to put together a half decent side for not "too much" money. I'll be honest, I only know a 3rd of them max bu then its not my job too.
So with this in mind it will be intresting to see who our "management team" go for. Are they likely to have even heard of many of these players or, as i suspect, are they going to be scouring the reserve sides of Spurs, Arsenal, Man U etc.
Like i say there must have been at least 50 duffrent names put up in this thread. Its going to be intresting to see how many of those names get linked with us or turn up at LR. Ramsey could certainly do his reputatin some good by looking at a lot of these.
So, no excuses for not putting together a decent, inexpensive team for the next couple of seasons.
Over to you Chris (& Les)....No Pressure !
So, who do we want then?...... on 09:04 - May 21 with 2457 viewsoddball

So, who do we want then?...... on 18:40 - May 20 by thame_hoops

I'd take Scott Parker, he'd be cheap, benjani (knows where the back of the net is) and Kanu (to be the target man instead of Bobby Z

scott parker?suppose we could bring him in then melt him down for glue.any issues with players footwear can quickly be resolved.would like to think that we are no longer a retirement home.
Login to get fewer ads

So, who do we want then?...... on 16:47 - May 21 with 2374 viewsaston_hoop

So, who do we want then?...... on 22:32 - May 20 by BasingstokeR

Should go for Jed Wallace, Fulham looking favourites at the moment.

Joined Wolves. Release clause of £275k apparently.

I still like the look of Luongo at Swindon but so do a lot of clubs who may or may not seem like a better option than us.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

So, who do we want then?...... on 16:57 - May 21 with 2350 viewsNorthernr

So, who do we want then?...... on 16:47 - May 21 by aston_hoop

I still like the look of Luongo at Swindon but so do a lot of clubs who may or may not seem like a better option than us.

Not much gets past Jackett, they'll have a bloody good team next year. All quick and physical and attacking. Hate teams like that.
So, who do we want then?...... on 17:11 - May 21 with 2336 viewsnadera78

John Still at Luton reckons they're still after Harriman and that the QPR contract offer was just a technicality to make sure we get a transfer fee for him.

Means we need 2 RBs if true, because Furlong is still a long way off being ready for the first team. He needs a L1/2 loan to get more time playing against grown ups.
[Post edited 21 May 2015 17:12]
So, who do we want then?...... on 18:30 - May 21 with 2289 views08olesen

Yedlin on loan from spurs at RB.

Gray from Brentford

Josh King from Blackburn

Henri Lansbury- Forrest

Poll: Who will the other play off

So, who do we want then?...... on 20:30 - May 21 with 2234 viewsganjR

Are we able to actually sign players at the mo? If so, we have missed more than a trick here.
Ticks every box in terms of requirements, young, cheap, talented, from lower league, potential profit and in a position we need.
I see some people want Josh King, I really don't rate him, mad some opinions can vary on players.
So, who do we want then?...... on 20:52 - May 21 with 2209 viewsMedwayR

Heard good things about Goldson at Shrewsbury, that's about as far as my knowledge extends tho...

Poll: Who’s better?

So, who do we want then?...... on 21:28 - May 21 with 2162 viewsHooparoo

Have a look at the goal Lluongo scored for Australia in the Asian Cup final. Pure class.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

So, who do we want then?...... on 23:22 - May 21 with 2079 viewsitsbiga

Cameron Carter-Vickers from Spuds

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

So, who do we want then?...... on 23:35 - May 21 with 2072 viewsrsonist

Whoever we go for I just bloody hope Les already has a strong list of targets ready to go for. The longer pre-season the squad has together the better - if we're still figuring out what our best team is during the season boy we will suffer for it.
So, who do we want then?...... on 17:07 - May 22 with 1993 viewsTheBlob

Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan from Scum perhaps.

Crazy name,crazy guy.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

So, who do we want then?...... on 17:18 - May 22 with 1979 viewsadhoc_qpr

Is someone tweeting all of these suggestions to TF?

That's about the closest we have to a scouting department isn't it?
So, who do we want then?...... on 17:23 - May 22 with 1972 viewsDiscodroids

So, who do we want then?...... on 16:57 - May 21 by Northernr

Not much gets past Jackett, they'll have a bloody good team next year. All quick and physical and attacking. Hate teams like that.

i think they will be the team to beat, physical, fast , goals in them and a cracking playmaker in kevin mcdonald .
[Post edited 22 May 2015 17:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

So, who do we want then?...... on 17:25 - May 22 with 1975 viewsGloucs_R

(Guesstimates for fees)

Halford from Forest, free
Maynard free from Cardiff
Le Fondre - £2.5m from Cardiff
Gary Hooper - £2.5m from Norwich
Bamford - as part of the Green transfer, on loan
Marcus Olsson from Blackburn, on a free I think
Matthew Connolly on a free, still only 27!
Kenwyne Jones - big and physical but on a fortune at Cardiff (£40k a week according to my Cardiff friends)
Aron Gunnarsson at Cardiff
Nathan Thompson - Swindon right back and captain, only 24.

Poll: Are we staying up?

So, who do we want then?...... on 08:41 - May 23 with 1853 viewsrsonist

Thing about loaning kids from Chelsea is there's Boro, Reading, Vitesse and probably a few others ahead of us in any queue.

Worth asking about buying Nathaniel Chalobah outright, unlikely to be making it into the first team and coming to a crossroads in his career now.
So, who do we want then?...... on 10:45 - May 23 with 1791 viewsDiscodroids

So, who do we want then?...... on 08:41 - May 23 by rsonist

Thing about loaning kids from Chelsea is there's Boro, Reading, Vitesse and probably a few others ahead of us in any queue.

Worth asking about buying Nathaniel Chalobah outright, unlikely to be making it into the first team and coming to a crossroads in his career now.

. at the risk of sounding like a stuck record(no change there)..sebastian pocognoli , ledft back from WBA.. big unit with a great cross/free kick delivery.

only played 15 times for the baggies in a year and out of the side..long shot but our full back positions are emptier than bendovers ballsack after plundering a canning town single mother in exchange for single fags and nappies.

martin waghorn from wigan, only 25, ..far too good to be in the old 3rd division would get us 15 goals at championship level with half decent service from matty philips.

Glen murray from palace, 31 now but imo, a perfect foil for the smaller . pacier but aggressive waghorn, well over 6ft and a very good strike rate. i reckon these two would have enough about them in terms of goals , for a play off place, IF we can sort our woefully brittle and cumbersome defence out.

which we wont.

i would like us to go back for craig bryson from derby, leather lungs , dyno turbo charged with a goal or two in him..dont know about his injuries though.

i like the look of russell and thorne also from derby , been banging on about lansbury from forest( as have others) for a long time.

ciftci from dundee utd gets my fat asre out from my sofa whenever i see him, but could be another adel in the making.

i should imagine theres zero chance of bakary sako another ive wanted here for the last 18 months,.

id like to give us a loan to becchio from norwich, done well at rotherham on loan and the only way is up from greyfriars bobby. i wont be going to loftus road next season if we resign greyfriars and beau brumel

thats me out of ideas ,as the others are literally out of our league now, were in dire need of a right back ..just cant think of one ..must be some likely lads up in scotland that karl or gangr can recommend.

id stick with ned and caulker at centre back ..but christ we need some legs and drive in midfield. insane i know but id try to work on hoilett in the summer. even more insane in the membrane id like to keep sandro ..

clear the decks and get rid of dunne, henry, rio, barton, adel, the dandy niko, greyfriars,swp, clint(sorry), traore( an utter disgrace of a footballer) .

high hopes for sutherland, petresso,doughty, grego cox to come through as well this season..if the rumour of sutherland facking off to west ham is true, i'll be disgusted if we let him go to a london rival so he can sit in there reserves.

reasonably confident we will be a comfortable mid table side next season after a flirt with relegation.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

So, who do we want then?...... on 16:01 - May 23 with 1724 viewsaston_hoop

Ben Pringle of Rotherham anyone? Arguably their best player, only 25 and just turned down a new deal. Naturally left sided midfielder with a good cross on him and available for free.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

So, who do we want then?...... on 09:48 - May 24 with 1564 viewsPey

So, who do we want then?...... on 10:45 - May 23 by Discodroids

. at the risk of sounding like a stuck record(no change there)..sebastian pocognoli , ledft back from WBA.. big unit with a great cross/free kick delivery.

only played 15 times for the baggies in a year and out of the side..long shot but our full back positions are emptier than bendovers ballsack after plundering a canning town single mother in exchange for single fags and nappies.

martin waghorn from wigan, only 25, ..far too good to be in the old 3rd division would get us 15 goals at championship level with half decent service from matty philips.

Glen murray from palace, 31 now but imo, a perfect foil for the smaller . pacier but aggressive waghorn, well over 6ft and a very good strike rate. i reckon these two would have enough about them in terms of goals , for a play off place, IF we can sort our woefully brittle and cumbersome defence out.

which we wont.

i would like us to go back for craig bryson from derby, leather lungs , dyno turbo charged with a goal or two in him..dont know about his injuries though.

i like the look of russell and thorne also from derby , been banging on about lansbury from forest( as have others) for a long time.

ciftci from dundee utd gets my fat asre out from my sofa whenever i see him, but could be another adel in the making.

i should imagine theres zero chance of bakary sako another ive wanted here for the last 18 months,.

id like to give us a loan to becchio from norwich, done well at rotherham on loan and the only way is up from greyfriars bobby. i wont be going to loftus road next season if we resign greyfriars and beau brumel

thats me out of ideas ,as the others are literally out of our league now, were in dire need of a right back ..just cant think of one ..must be some likely lads up in scotland that karl or gangr can recommend.

id stick with ned and caulker at centre back ..but christ we need some legs and drive in midfield. insane i know but id try to work on hoilett in the summer. even more insane in the membrane id like to keep sandro ..

clear the decks and get rid of dunne, henry, rio, barton, adel, the dandy niko, greyfriars,swp, clint(sorry), traore( an utter disgrace of a footballer) .

high hopes for sutherland, petresso,doughty, grego cox to come through as well this season..if the rumour of sutherland facking off to west ham is true, i'll be disgusted if we let him go to a london rival so he can sit in there reserves.

reasonably confident we will be a comfortable mid table side next season after a flirt with relegation.

Waghorn, thats another player i always liked.
What has become of him ? Thought he was destined for big things.
Has he still got that speed left in his legs ?
I've remember him well he would be the outcome when you would shake a cocktail with the ingredients of Jonathan Walters, James Vardy and Jamie Mackie.

Speaking of Jamie Mackie, he wouldn't be a bad shout for next season.
Connolly at a free is also a worthwile gamble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024