Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen 11:51 - May 21 with 7475 viewsNorthernr

Great night in store at The Good Ship (QPR pub) in Kilburn on Tuesday. Live podcast, q and a, drinks afterwards, always a good laugh. Guest line up is excellent this time with Warnock, Gallen and Cook. Tenner a ticket, help support the podcast for next season.

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/319011
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 12:02 - May 21 with 5937 viewsdaveB

would love to go but rail strike on tuesday so can't get into London. Will it be available as a podcast like the last one?
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 12:41 - May 21 with 5849 viewsKonk

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 12:02 - May 21 by daveB

would love to go but rail strike on tuesday so can't get into London. Will it be available as a podcast like the last one?

If anyone attending could please report back and confirm whether or not the footballer Lee Cook actually, physically exists, and is not in fact a shady accounting device created to funnel money from Fulham FC to QPR, it would be hugely appreciated by Fulham fans everywhere.

Many thanks,

Konk

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 12:58 - May 21 with 5803 viewsTacticalR

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 12:41 - May 21 by Konk

If anyone attending could please report back and confirm whether or not the footballer Lee Cook actually, physically exists, and is not in fact a shady accounting device created to funnel money from Fulham FC to QPR, it would be hugely appreciated by Fulham fans everywhere.

Many thanks,

Konk

The best blag in London until the Hatton Garden job.

Air hostess clique

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 13:04 - May 21 with 5795 viewsKonk

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 12:58 - May 21 by TacticalR

The best blag in London until the Hatton Garden job.

They'll make a film about it one day - The footballer who wasn't there. I can see the posters now: "The greatest trick they ever pulled was convincing Fulham that Lee Cook existed"

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 13:19 - May 21 with 5762 viewsHunterhoop

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 13:04 - May 21 by Konk

They'll make a film about it one day - The footballer who wasn't there. I can see the posters now: "The greatest trick they ever pulled was convincing Fulham that Lee Cook existed"

If only you'd bought him a year earlier, Konk. Then you'd know.

At his peak (a year before you bought him) he was the best genuine left winger in England and one of the best never to play for England. Obviously it was fairly short lived "peak", but still, he was brilliant at that time.
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 13:25 - May 21 with 5754 viewsKonk

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 13:19 - May 21 by Hunterhoop

At his peak (a year before you bought him) he was the best genuine left winger in England and one of the best never to play for England. Obviously it was fairly short lived "peak", but still, he was brilliant at that time.

So, I hear from Rangers acquaintances, but unfortunately all we got for our £2m was a name in the programme and occasional updates from the physio room.

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 14:06 - May 21 with 5670 viewsNorthernr

It was a real shame. For 18 months there under Waddock and then Gregory he was really something. Almost a one man team.
I'll ask him next week but interested to know about the treatment of that knee injury. It was around that time that Rowan Vine broke his leg in training and got taken to hospital on the back seat of somebody's car. Medical treatment at the time not a strong point and Cook's knee injury wasn't meant to be that serious to begin with but it took him 18 months to get back and he wasn't even half as good afterwards.
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 14:27 - May 21 with 5637 viewstoboboly

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 14:06 - May 21 by Northernr

It was a real shame. For 18 months there under Waddock and then Gregory he was really something. Almost a one man team.
I'll ask him next week but interested to know about the treatment of that knee injury. It was around that time that Rowan Vine broke his leg in training and got taken to hospital on the back seat of somebody's car. Medical treatment at the time not a strong point and Cook's knee injury wasn't meant to be that serious to begin with but it took him 18 months to get back and he wasn't even half as good afterwards.

Never truly recovered did he, a bit like Rowlands and that cruciate while on duty with Ireland. Fell down the leagues quicker than Portsmouth.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 14:31 - May 21 with 5628 viewsdaveB

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 13:19 - May 21 by Hunterhoop

Reminds me of Phillips under Ramsey. For a year Cook was absolutely unplayable, one game at home to Palace he was ridiculous
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 14:37 - May 21 with 5618 viewsNorthernr

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 14:31 - May 21 by daveB

Reminds me of Phillips under Ramsey. For a year Cook was absolutely unplayable, one game at home to Palace he was ridiculous

That was the one where he toasted Danny Butterfield. Already on a yellow, Butterfield chopped him down for a penalty and an obvious second yellow. Dowd left him on, because continuing the torture was more punishment than a red card.
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 16:34 - May 21 with 5510 viewstinhead

Someone should ask Warnock where our emails are??

Puny God!

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 18:44 - May 21 with 5410 viewsSimonJames

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 12:02 - May 21 by daveB

Strikes off!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 19:26 - May 21 with 5370 viewspaulparker

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 14:06 - May 21 by Northernr

What's even more gutting is that 2 Rangers players done him in
That useless gimp Rehmen in a friendly and I forget who it was now but when Cook was at Fulham he was loaned to Charlton and one of ours went in for a tackle and cook hobbled off just ax he was getting back to fitness
I always thought Cook could of played for England if he had a run in the Prem especially as Downing was getting in at the time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 09:54 - May 22 with 5006 viewsDiscodroids

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 19:26 - May 21 by paulparker

What's even more gutting is that 2 Rangers players done him in
That useless gimp Rehmen in a friendly and I forget who it was now but when Cook was at Fulham he was loaned to Charlton and one of ours went in for a tackle and cook hobbled off just ax he was getting back to fitness
I always thought Cook could of played for England if he had a run in the Prem especially as Downing was getting in at the time

not as handsome as akos in a black ribbed roll neck , but he had that dirty grimey old rouges smile that melted my heart.

the tousled hair sex pot.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 09:59 - May 22 with 5006 viewsthame_hoops

I always felt cook got a fan pass because he was 'Rangers' but I always preferred Kevin Mcloud
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 10:10 - May 22 with 4996 viewsfakekerby

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 09:59 - May 22 by thame_hoops

I always felt cook got a fan pass because he was 'Rangers' but I always preferred Kevin Mcloud

I was never the biggest fan of Lee Cook either, but then again, I thought Jerome Thomas was the most talented player I had ever seen when he first arrived on loan, and he's hardly done much of note since, so I probably just don't know what i'm talking about.

I thought McLeod was a hell of a player as well with an awesome delivery, but it all went downhill for him as well, shame.
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 10:16 - May 22 with 4992 viewswestberksr

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 09:59 - May 22 by thame_hoops

Mcloud was a waste of space most of the time and had plenty of talent but fukked it up; nowhere near as good as he thought he was. good in the air and quick, should have achieved loads more for us.

he wasn't fit to lace Cook's boots. in a shit team he made us dangerous, often with 2 or 3 trying to take him out and he'd beat the lot and put in great crosses most of the time. the scruffy shirt hanging out look and socks half way down, just like a proper winger; loved watching him.

the joy he felt was so obvious when he scored the header in the last game of his first loan spell. one of the players we've 'lost' through injury despite them still being around; Langley being another of that era.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 10:16]
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 12:08 - May 22 with 4911 viewsQPunkR

When they were both on loan initially I though McLeod was far above Cookie. But once we'd signed 'em permanently the roles were reversed - and how! I wanted to put money on Cookie playing for Ingerland but Paddy Power wouldn't give me odds! Did me a favour as it turned out though eh

QPR - "shit but local"

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 20:01 - May 22 with 4721 viewsHunterhoop

Tickets bought. Looking forward to it. We're about 40 left when I booked earlier today.
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 22:15 - May 22 with 4669 viewslongbottom

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 10:16 - May 22 by westberksr

Mcloud was a waste of space most of the time and had plenty of talent but fukked it up; nowhere near as good as he thought he was. good in the air and quick, should have achieved loads more for us.

he wasn't fit to lace Cook's boots. in a shit team he made us dangerous, often with 2 or 3 trying to take him out and he'd beat the lot and put in great crosses most of the time. the scruffy shirt hanging out look and socks half way down, just like a proper winger; loved watching him.

the joy he felt was so obvious when he scored the header in the last game of his first loan spell. one of the players we've 'lost' through injury despite them still being around; Langley being another of that era.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 10:16]

Now this is what you call a good post. Top class.
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 17:54 - May 23 with 4430 viewsSnipper

2 tickets purchased last night. See you all there :-).
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 18:57 - May 24 with 4160 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I do think Cook was a little overrated but McLoud was nowhere near as good as Lee. Kevin had more pace but his final pass was erratic whilst Cook could put it on a sixpence. Blackstock, in particular, must have loved Cooky to bits. I'll never forget McLoud bottling out of taking a shot at Notts County when put clean through by Bircham. The away end were livid.
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 01:55 - May 26 with 3846 viewsWeaverQPR

When Lionel Messi was a kid he wanted to be Mark Kennedy

@WeavQPR

Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 17:13 - May 26 with 3635 viewsrobith

Lee Cook's pulled out apparently
Live Podcast, Good Ship Kilburn - Warnock, Cook, Gallen on 21:45 - May 26 with 3498 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Has it started yet? can we listen live? link??

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024