Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser 09:39 - May 22 with 4926 viewsNorthernr

Prolonged discussion on Liverpool, Sterling, Rodgers, agents, whether Jamie Carragher is a knob, and occasional mentions of QPR from 9.45....

Here comes your new manager. Entering to that music from Rocky. Darmesththshthsh Shethshthshth is the Sky wnker on duty.

So far lots of good feedback, pleased with how people have reacted. Big job ahead, I have the stomach for the fight. Everybody needs to pull together to make sure we consolidate and get back to where we need to be.

Biggest challenge is putting a long term plan in place and the club gets on a steady footing before we start launching an attack to getg back to the Premier League.

I would expect the owners want us back in the Premier League within that tenure (three year contract). There is going to be a period of consolidation, if we end up back in the Premier League in that time then fantastic, but we need to put this club on a stable footing.

We have no fear of the Championship but we have to respect it and make sure we don't slide. The ultimate goal is to be back in the Premier League.

I would urge patience and the fans to realise it's a transitional period and we have to make sure we have a club here on a stable footing, either in the Premier League or pushing to get back into it.

I do love it when a manager feels he has to plead for patience in his first presser in the job.

Charlie, with his work rate and attitude, was destined to get his opportunity with an England squad. I hope he gets on the field and achieves his dream.

Roy has shown he's not adverse to thinking outside the box, he picks players in form. Everybody knows what Charlie can do, playing in the Championship wouldn't prejudice his chances, I'm pleased with what he's achieved.

It will be difficult to hold onto him.

It would be naive of me to say for sure he's going to be here.

He wouldn’t go with my blessing. Everybody has ambitions to fulfill and he’ll consider that when making a decision.

We've got a game left and we don't want that to be a farce (be a nice change). I've been pleased with the way the players attitudes haven't manifested themselves in results.

There's a list that has to be handed in in next ten days. Short close season. Our recruitment drive has to start immediately. If we wait around we won't have a squad for pre-season. In my head there is always a wish list, you look at players and think this may do a job or he may be better off going elsewhere. It's out of your hands sometimes, you have to consider what the contracts are and who's out of contract.

I wouldn't want to tell you before I name the team for Sunday!

You will have people who have bought tickets and are travelling to the game, they're getting up early in the morning to go to the game, you want to make sure you put your best foot forward for those people. I'm sure there will be youth on show on Sunday for both sides, Leicester have achieved a fantastic feat.

Says Garry Monk is the manager of the year. Done it quietly, competed efficiently, played a style of football that's brave, conducts himself well, good club, he's done well. That;'s Sky's wnk off question.

People's champion Wally Downes

Are you going to Barbados now you've got the job? Only in economy.

Getting together with Les and the scouts to decide who's being retained and released in the next few days.

The hard work will continue now, it's important the staff get away and recharge so we can work efficiently, I don't think we'll be having much time off.

Not sure what Joey is doing. He's been fantastic in the time I've been here. Worked hard, good around the place, top professional. Agents will always try and negotiate the best deal for their clients.

With the concussion rules, we'll be leaving Rob out of the game. We have to take every precaution to make sure he's ok.

I don't know what Rob's agents are negotiating with other people, hope he doesn't leave.

Stephen Caulker has been playing with a broken hand, touch and go whether he should be on the pitch, wanted to play when he shouldn't have, shown a lot of bravery and professionalism. People don't see when people are playing with injuries and they get the same criticism as if they were fully fit. Can only play players available to you, Stephen was willing to do a shift. He's been advised to rest it now, he won't be playing.

It's difficult, nobody wants to get relegated, if you watch training, some of the performances bar Man City and 20 mins v Palace, you would never believe we are in that position. It's grated me most and made me most disappointed. Man City can do that to any team. The way the players have conducted themselves, the belief in the room, the way the older pros have galvanized the younger ones have been fantastic.

What's this? It's a woman with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own...

The priority is getting the retained list sorted. Then trying to recruit the right players who want to be here, put the effort in to get us on a stable footing and try to get us back to the Premier League. Try to get staff around the club to work off one page, all going in the same direction. Try to build on what we've tried to build in the last few months here.

We haven't got a wealth of talent. Some players involved in the squad are not ready. They need polishing to be able to be considered for the squad next year. I'm not on a crusade to put youth in the team for my own benefit. Whoever goes on the field has to be worthy of putting the shirt on and carrying out a task for the club. Hoping we can build a pyramid below of players who can come into the squad and be assets for the club.

The players need to respect the shirt and put a shift in. I'm hoping there are going to be some youngsters involved. Play for pride, we don't want to finish bottom. The extra money comes in hgandy if we move up a place and it would be good for the fans.

Realistically I think it will be difficult for Steve v Man Utd but miraculous things happen. Newcastle have a good man in charge who's doing his best. Both managers have worked very hard, if my neck was on the line I think Hull have the harder task.

And now, for the final time (please dear God let it be the final time) pray silence please for Kevin Bondy Bond...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 13:29 - May 22 with 1302 viewsessextaxiboy

Who or what are these "scouts" he speaks of ?

He can pack that lark up for a start ...
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 13:36 - May 22 with 1287 viewsNorthernr

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:45 - May 22 by Antti_Heinola

Stop being so reasonable Clive, both need to be publicly flogged with electrified wires on their bare gonads. But enough about Disco's fantasies. Thanks for these Presser thingies - very enjoyable indeed all season.

Hey I'm all for a flogging. I think their wage, performances, ability, behaviour and the way that's all been forgiven and they've had their name sung and been tweeting the chairman and so on typifies everything Fernandes has got wrong. The sooner we're shot of them the better.

But, by every single account, they're both excellent in training and with the young players so I can see why Ramsey is praising them.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 13:48 - May 22 with 1265 viewsNorthernr

Peterborough have also just appointed the caretaker management team they finished the season with permanently. Compare and contrast...

http://www.theposh.com/news/article/darragh-2465913.aspx
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 13:57 - May 22 with 1242 viewsDiscodroids

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:45 - May 22 by Antti_Heinola

Stop being so reasonable Clive, both need to be publicly flogged with electrified wires on their bare gonads. But enough about Disco's fantasies. Thanks for these Presser thingies - very enjoyable indeed all season.

hahaha.. you see me for the deviant t that i am antti...

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 14:00 - May 22 with 1234 viewsPinnerPaul

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 12:25 - May 22 by danehoop

Is it different in the Chumpionship? I think we need a refresher on the rules which apply there.

No maximum number in squad I don't think
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 14:01 - May 22 with 1229 viewsNorthernr

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 14:00 - May 22 by PinnerPaul

No maximum number in squad I don't think

Yeh no 25 man squads, and you can loan and free transfer uncontracted players outside the transfer windows.
Complicated rules on how many season long loans and how many short term loans you're allowed which I'll get from Neil SI.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 14:54 - May 22 with 1157 viewsBklynRanger

Inspired audio visual supplementation there Clive. Very entertaining.

A couple of things I liked there from Our Chris:

Saying Charlie wouldn't be going with his blessing - Redknapp wouldn't have said that, he'd have given it the wise old vvanker, that's life treatment.

That there isn't a wealth of talent in the youth squad and that some of them aren't ready. Would rather hear that than a load of whimsical fantasy.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:08 - May 22 with 1145 viewsadhoc_qpr

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 14:54 - May 22 by BklynRanger

Inspired audio visual supplementation there Clive. Very entertaining.

A couple of things I liked there from Our Chris:

Saying Charlie wouldn't be going with his blessing - Redknapp wouldn't have said that, he'd have given it the wise old vvanker, that's life treatment.

That there isn't a wealth of talent in the youth squad and that some of them aren't ready. Would rather hear that than a load of whimsical fantasy.

"That there isn't a wealth of talent in the youth squad and that some of them aren't ready. Would rather hear that than a load of whimsical fantasy."

Agree with this, but i'd rather see the youth team players filling out the bench/squad rotation roles where possible - not like last time when we had Chevanton, Onyewu, Hughes etc

Doughty, Furlong and maybe Grego-Cox have all shown glimpses of talent. Ehmer has shown he is a capable League One player at least.

I'm also interested to see how Comley, Petrasso, Donaldson and Ryan Manning get on - whether they will be involved at all next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:18 - May 22 with 1121 viewsPommyhoop

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:08 - May 22 by adhoc_qpr

"That there isn't a wealth of talent in the youth squad and that some of them aren't ready. Would rather hear that than a load of whimsical fantasy."

Agree with this, but i'd rather see the youth team players filling out the bench/squad rotation roles where possible - not like last time when we had Chevanton, Onyewu, Hughes etc

Doughty, Furlong and maybe Grego-Cox have all shown glimpses of talent. Ehmer has shown he is a capable League One player at least.

I'm also interested to see how Comley, Petrasso, Donaldson and Ryan Manning get on - whether they will be involved at all next season.

Oasis and QPR ??

FAKE !! Piss take.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 15:19]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:20 - May 22 with 1120 viewsBklynRanger

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:08 - May 22 by adhoc_qpr

I think he's going to give the youth a decent chance anyway, including on Sunday.

I'm just glad he doesn't put too much emphasis on their ability to see us through next season - would rather hear him being realistic about it.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:37 - May 22 with 1103 viewsfakekerby

Wouldn't be surprised if Harriman is our starting right back next season as well.

Whatever happened to Sutherland? Remember he was a player of massive potential (so much so that I think even Harry rated him) and then got a nasty injury.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:46 - May 22 with 1093 viewsstevec

Wish we could just fast forward a year and start afresh in League One. It's gonna be a long 12 months.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:52 - May 22 with 1086 viewsdaveB

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:46 - May 22 by stevec

Wish we could just fast forward a year and start afresh in League One. It's gonna be a long 12 months.

why would you want to start afresh in league one? We're starting afresh in the championship next season
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 16:20 - May 22 with 1049 viewsstevec

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 15:52 - May 22 by daveB

why would you want to start afresh in league one? We're starting afresh in the championship next season

Hopefully unjustified but feeling a sense of things getting very much worse before they get better.

Perhaps if I see the backs of SWP, Hoilett, Caulker, Traore and Zamora I might feel we are genuinely starting afresh but I have a horrible feeling the greater part of that quintet will form the backbone of next seasons side.

We'll see.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 16:24 - May 22 with 1043 viewsdaveB

I think it's clear we'll struggle next year no matter what division we are in but in no rush to go back to league one
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 16:30 - May 22 with 977 viewsJAPRANGERS

So I guess there's no such thing as a presser as such in the Championship Clive?? I'll miss this next season!
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 16:31 - May 22 with 972 viewsJAPRANGERS

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 16:24 - May 22 by daveB

I think it's clear we'll struggle next year no matter what division we are in but in no rush to go back to league one

Success next season will be if we can stay up. Simple as that.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 16:32 - May 22 with 967 viewsNorthernr

Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 16:30 - May 22 by JAPRANGERS

So I guess there's no such thing as a presser as such in the Championship Clive?? I'll miss this next season!

They kept them going last time, though that may have been because the slugs at Sky wanted to come and grease up to Redknapp still.
Just what does the new QPR manager think of Raheem Sterling? Presser on 17:02 - May 22 with 918 viewsTheBlob

A lot of it will depend on the new wage structure and the quality of loan deals.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024