Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A year ago 11:30 - May 22 with 2534 viewsPinnerPaul

Play Offs this weekend - cheering myself up by thinking back to that wonderful day at Wembley

Whatever has happened in the last 12 months we still have our happy memories of that great day.

UUUURRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Feel better now!
A year ago on 10:03 - May 24 with 334 viewspaulparker

What a day and it banished the pain of 86 & 2003 and as the years have rolled by since and watching every other team have a day out but QPR it was finally our moment
The day started off early as I had to go past Wembley pick up a ticket from plumsted ( thanks again)
Back to Ruislip and to sweeneys for a couple of nervous beers , saw Rowlands & Mahon in there and Mrs P had a photo with both, set off to Wembley early to soak up the atmosphere , it was all Rangers and the tube there was something I didn't want to end , that's what getting to Wembley is all about
Sat by Wembley way and just watched the thousands of QPR fans strolling past in kits of different eras , I was wondering where all these fans had come from it was a sea of blue & white
Then out of the blue 3 blokes my dad used to go to football with came strolling over ,
I hadn't seen them since the 86 game, how the hell they clocked me is a mystery , but we all had a hug and a shared a tear , I knew then we would win and it was all meant to be , I wasn't even nervous anymore
The game was a blur bar the sending off, even then I was calm
The funny thing is when we got the throw in the noise levels went up and it seemed that everyone knew we needed one chance , then Bang the goal flew in , I knew when it dropped to Zamora it was in , the flags the tears , man hugs ,
Saw rufus outside and shared a hug then it was back to the pub for a few beers , it was weird I was drained by that point I didn't want to get p1ssed just to go home and savour the moment

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A year ago on 10:41 - May 24 with 310 viewsPunteR

It was a great day to be a QPR fan. I've never felt more connected to the club then that day. I'd been supporting Rangers for over 30 years ,going to just a handful of games a season,but never feeling I knew anyone apart from a couple mates and my brother.
I had a tough start to that year with my youngest in hospital ,so logging on to LFW was a nice bit of headspace while spending days/nights by his hospital bed.
I got some supportive messages on LFW and my boy received a nice little gift from a fan from Canada which was a nice touch Also the Frankie thread was an absolute joy,hearing tunes I hadn't heard for ages,and was great being part of that online gang. My lads ops went well and is out of hospital for now and doing well,for now.
But the whole build up for that day, fans trying to help other fans with tickets, seeing all the QPR fans swamping London on the trains, meeting my brother at Clapham junction with my oldest lad and meeting my cousin and a few mates outside Wembley was just fantastic.
But what amazed me the most in the build up was walking up the steps at Wembley then seeing 40,000 QPR fans flying the flags and just feeling proud to be QPR .
And that goal..... I've never lost the plot as much as celebrating that goal.
I lost my voice by the end of the day, but the train back home just echoed oooooh Bobby Zamora!!!. In fact I had that ringing in my ears for weeks after.
Great day. Great day to be a QPR fan and it has to be said, a LFW poster.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024