Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A year ago 11:30 - May 22 with 2494 viewsPinnerPaul

Play Offs this weekend - cheering myself up by thinking back to that wonderful day at Wembley

Whatever has happened in the last 12 months we still have our happy memories of that great day.

UUUURRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Feel better now!
A year ago on 12:23 - May 22 with 2170 viewsPinnerPaul

Just me then!
A year ago on 12:25 - May 22 with 2165 viewsdaveB

that promo on Sky for the playoffs is amazing, slow motion shots of Zamora and the switching to Keogh crying. Best day ever
A year ago on 12:31 - May 22 with 2157 viewsHooparoo

A year ago on 12:23 - May 22 by PinnerPaul

Just me then!

I hear ya mate. I was leaping around the lounge room like a demented monkey. It was 2.00 am here so I also woke the neighbours. 😃

Made all the sweeter after I thought we'd buggered it up going down to 10 men.

Happy day!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

A year ago on 12:46 - May 22 with 2137 viewsPommyhoop

A year ago on 12:31 - May 22 by Hooparoo

I hear ya mate. I was leaping around the lounge room like a demented monkey. It was 2.00 am here so I also woke the neighbours. 😃

Made all the sweeter after I thought we'd buggered it up going down to 10 men.

Happy day!

Me too mate. woke everyone up in the house and everyone for miles around because of that old dog domino barking effect.
Then I posted the earliest post begging for H to do one and retire with his knee.( probably about 10 mins after the final whistle ) I got slaughtered and fair enough I felt a bit of a Grinch and deleted the title and most of my replies to the posts I got..I stand by every word tho .I still think the original post will be there.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A year ago on 13:34 - May 22 with 2082 viewslondonscottish

Amazing day. 25 of us meeting up in a boozer in Willesden and getting on that tube together.

That game, that goal.

Singing "one shot, we only need one shot" in the underpass on the way back to the tube.

Phone ringing off the hook from mates in the Bush later on.

The inevitable trip down there and a blurry 3 AM return.

Back down to LR for the ceremony the next day with my excited kids.

Too hungover to hang around for long but very very happy.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

A year ago on 14:08 - May 22 with 2036 viewsPinnerPaul

That's better!
A year ago on 14:51 - May 22 with 1998 viewsPommyhoop

A year ago on 12:46 - May 22 by Pommyhoop

Me too mate. woke everyone up in the house and everyone for miles around because of that old dog domino barking effect.
Then I posted the earliest post begging for H to do one and retire with his knee.( probably about 10 mins after the final whistle ) I got slaughtered and fair enough I felt a bit of a Grinch and deleted the title and most of my replies to the posts I got..I stand by every word tho .I still think the original post will be there.

I found it..Fvck me I gave him half an hour before posting.
Like I said I felt like a Grinch and edited the title. The original probably had off , please , fvck and now in it somewhere. All my replies apart from the last one were deleted by me and replaced by smilies... Wish I'd kept them in now but I'm sure you can get the gist of what was posted..

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/113561/fair-play-h

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A year ago on 14:59 - May 22 with 1982 viewsBklynRanger

It's not often you can easily ay which day was the best in any given year but that was an easy one. Unforgettable.

Saying that though, I got up this morning, put on the old Sky News app, saw that unexploded bomb at Wembley, realised its the play-offs this weekend and had the hump for the next hour. Hard to explain why really.
Login to get fewer ads

A year ago on 15:15 - May 22 with 1966 viewskarl

Scorching hot in the 2nd half, you can tell it's an ill wind this year, it's f**king freezing and has been all year apart from 2 weeks in April and that was when I was on holiday so I haven't seen any decent weather in Orkney this year, still had snow/sleet last week and 3 degrees!
A year ago on 16:23 - May 22 with 1906 viewsWokingR

It's probably the only day in all of last year where I could tell you everything I did during the entire day.
Woke up very early needing a nervy poo followed by breakfast and another bonus nervy poo. Daughter and I then left to meet mates in the café for a fatboys before heading up to Waterloo to meet up with a couple more.
Remember feeling very subdued and nervous and convinced it wasn't really going to be our day especially on leaving Wembley tube station and being totally overwhelmed by the number of and noise being made by the Derby fans. They were well up for it.
The game was just too tense to enjoy and even the crazy scenes at the end seemed to pass me by as I was just too emotionally drained by then.
Had to watch it all over again on the telly when we got home just to be able to relax, enjoy it and let it sink in.
A year ago on 16:33 - May 22 with 1895 viewsJAPRANGERS

jeez doesn't a year past quickly??
A year ago on 17:12 - May 22 with 1847 viewsDiscodroids

just seen the sky advert for the championship play off, featuring us last year..got goosebumps watching it and watery eyes.

football...still has the capacity to tear your heart out and sling shot it around europa, even a gnarly middle aged cynic like me.

like tears in the rain..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

A year ago on 18:13 - May 22 with 1809 viewsHayesender

I can remember every second of that day except for our goal.

From the moment it happened until now, a year later, the ball hitting the back of the net is a complete blank, and I was right behind it.

Still watch it back now with a lump in the old throat

Poll: Shamima Beghum

A year ago on 20:07 - May 22 with 1747 viewsHantsR

That goal yes - I have quite a strange memory of it happening.

I saw the ball sail into the net but wasn't quite sure how at that precise moment- like many others I was stunned with dis belief and amazement - the reality of the situation not quite sinking in to my altered state of consciousness that had been battered into contemplating the increasingly likely outcome of having to come to terms with defeat.

All I can think is that Junior's 'cross' was into a danger area but not initially threatening as Keogh was on hand to clear (arf) - so I guess in that instant, that split second, I was encouraged but not as excited as if it had obviously gone straight to BZ or Charlie. I didn't pick up precisely what happened until I saw the replays. My flawed memory of the occasion was Junior bustling along the touchline, a blur of activity... and the rest is hysteria.

Oh Karl - weather will be fine in a month up North as I'll be in Shetland to enjoy Dimmer Sin
A year ago on 20:27 - May 22 with 1720 viewskarl

A year ago on 20:07 - May 22 by HantsR

That goal yes - I have quite a strange memory of it happening.

I saw the ball sail into the net but wasn't quite sure how at that precise moment- like many others I was stunned with dis belief and amazement - the reality of the situation not quite sinking in to my altered state of consciousness that had been battered into contemplating the increasingly likely outcome of having to come to terms with defeat.

All I can think is that Junior's 'cross' was into a danger area but not initially threatening as Keogh was on hand to clear (arf) - so I guess in that instant, that split second, I was encouraged but not as excited as if it had obviously gone straight to BZ or Charlie. I didn't pick up precisely what happened until I saw the replays. My flawed memory of the occasion was Junior bustling along the touchline, a blur of activity... and the rest is hysteria.

Oh Karl - weather will be fine in a month up North as I'll be in Shetland to enjoy Dimmer Sin

Remember you asking about Shetland right enough, hopefully weather breaks into summer soon, keep getting a couple of decent days then the wind goes in North and goes cold again, has to change!
Hope you enjoy it mate
A year ago on 22:37 - May 22 with 1671 viewsW14Hoop

A year ago on 17:12 - May 22 by Discodroids

just seen the sky advert for the championship play off, featuring us last year..got goosebumps watching it and watery eyes.

football...still has the capacity to tear your heart out and sling shot it around europa, even a gnarly middle aged cynic like me.

like tears in the rain..

Was a bittersweet weekend for us, the missus got back from Ireland on the friday night from the funeral of her grandad.

Sat morning drop off the bairn at me mums, go to the 'spoons in shepherds bush which we never do, have a quick drink for Grandad, get on the overground then Bakerloo to Wembley central, plenty of cocky derby fans singing QPR are shite and getting away with it.

Took in all the pre-match guff, endured the 1st half, after the sending off i kind of relaxed due to no expectation other than we were gonna get beaten.
The goal, the celebration of it which seemed to go on forever will never be forgotten.
What a day.
A year ago on 11:43 - May 23 with 1537 viewsfrancisbowles

After we scored, the nerves were terrible, I really thought we would still mess it up? It seemed to go on for ages, I was imploring Mason to blow the whistle. Then JOY!
A year ago on 15:14 - May 23 with 1472 viewsHarbour

what a day never to be forgotten....despite awful year in the prem would not swap it for that day .............oh bobby Zamora!
A year ago on 15:32 - May 23 with 1462 viewsLblock

A year ago on 12:25 - May 22 by daveB

that promo on Sky for the playoffs is amazing, slow motion shots of Zamora and the switching to Keogh crying. Best day ever

I've just seen that -- wasn't expecting it and it put a chill down my spine

We were all asking in the Queen Adelaide last week whether if someone had said to you at the Wigan game that for that glorious day at Wembley you'd have to accept a season of pure shite would you have taken it? To a man the answer was yes

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

A year ago on 00:15 - May 24 with 1359 viewsDeano19766

Yeah brilliant day that. The day Redknapp saved his skin and secured a pay off from toolbox tone
A year ago on 00:47 - May 24 with 1346 viewsLblock

A year ago on 00:15 - May 24 by Deano19766

Yeah brilliant day that. The day Redknapp saved his skin and secured a pay off from toolbox tone

Correction.... The day Clint Hill saved Redknapp

After I saw Saggys interview on the pitch talking about golf clubs I said straight away Bungle should shake his hand, church he's still got his watch on, then say thanks and goodbye
If ever that was confirmation of someone coasting that was it

Cynical hat hung on peg, you cannot fail to look back on 24th May 2014 with immense fondness

A year ago on 08:44 - May 24 with 1301 viewsQPRinCT

A year ago on 12:25 - May 22 by daveB

Best day indeed. I can watch that over and over
A year ago on 08:57 - May 24 with 1295 viewsjonno

A year ago on 00:47 - May 24 by Lblock

Correction.... The day Clint Hill saved Redknapp

After I saw Saggys interview on the pitch talking about golf clubs I said straight away Bungle should shake his hand, church he's still got his watch on, then say thanks and goodbye
If ever that was confirmation of someone coasting that was it

Cynical hat hung on peg, you cannot fail to look back on 24th May 2014 with immense fondness

Yes - a great day. But it was so obvious that Redknapp should have been sacked immediately afterwards, it was criminal that the opportunity wasn't taken. I wonder if the result had gone the other way whether Derby would have had such an abysmal season as we have suffered. Frankly I doubt it - they would probably have stayed up.
A year ago on 09:30 - May 24 with 1272 viewsLblock

I'm laying here slightly hungover and reminiscing about what I was doing 52 weeks ago today

As some of you may recall I'd not long before had a little brush with fate and suffered a serious illness which I was recovering from. I had my first drink in 3 months the night we beat Wigan and those two pints of Guinness nearly bolloxed me!!

The run up to Wembley was immense. We were arranging a meet up with most of our mob in the hotel next to the Ground that we used to use for England games. Initially we booked 18 places for the usual suspects. Every day it grew and grew until eventually 86 people were arranged. As we'd covered most of the restaurant they let us put some Frankie Knuckles tunes on
The night before I was proper nervous and toyed with idea of visiting Derbys hotel and testing the Fire Alarm but that's just not cricket! Didn't really sleep much though.

Then the day. Jesus it all went too quick. Got a lift to the Bush early doors and walked around the ground seeing the meet up for the walk. I must admit by the time we headed away I thought that would be a damp squib but how wrong I was.
Cab to the Hotel Ibis and queue much organisation on arrival. We were in Detbys allocated area so a lot of cocky Rams about but with almost 100 of us in one bar there was no issue. It was brilliant to see people I hadn't seen for ages and the atmosphere built.
Unfortunately I forgot myself and booze consumption ensued so I was fair lagging on way to ground.
A nothing game of football. Then that goal, that explosion, those flags, the tears of joy and the relief. We'd done it.
Had a couple more after and then it's a blackout apart from recalling a visit to The Quern Adelaide which the OB shut and then finishing up in The Shepherd & Flock but I've no idea what I got up to or how I got home.

Wouldn't swap it!!

A year ago on 09:37 - May 24 with 1261 viewsLblock

A year ago on 14:51 - May 22 by Pommyhoop

I found it..Fvck me I gave him half an hour before posting.
Like I said I felt like a Grinch and edited the title. The original probably had off , please , fvck and now in it somewhere. All my replies apart from the last one were deleted by me and replaced by smilies... Wish I'd kept them in now but I'm sure you can get the gist of what was posted..

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/113561/fair-play-h

I remember that thread

I actually typed up a reply agreeing with you and being even harsher on Jerky but then thinking feck it, that's out of my system now, let's enjoy the moment

I'm bitter and one dimensional by nature and for me I will always say we went up in spite of Redknapp but went down because of him!!!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024