Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beginner golf clubs advice 07:38 - May 23 with 2478 viewspaesanu

Joining a golf club next week, been watching for years and now have the chance to take it up.

What clubs would you buy with a £200 budget? Anything decent in that range or am Iddestined for eBay?

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Beginner golf clubs advice on 07:51 - May 23 with 2460 viewsessextaxiboy

I bought a set of Ram with a bag for around that price .

I think there is a dedicated golf auction website ?
Beginner golf clubs advice on 07:59 - May 23 with 2451 viewsYorkRanger

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_packages/ben_sayers/m15_stand_bag_package_set_

Something like this would serve you quite well
Beginner golf clubs advice on 08:07 - May 23 with 2440 viewskingsburyR

Go and see the pro BUT...... do not buy clubs off him as he will push you towards clubs that make him comm.

What is your budget? I have a couple of unused sets at home that might suit you.

If interested PM me.

Other than that the best shops are American Golf and Direct Golf for range and price.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Beginner golf clubs advice on 09:20 - May 23 with 2379 viewsRickyDicky

Beginner golf clubs advice on 08:07 - May 23 by kingsburyR

Go and see the pro BUT...... do not buy clubs off him as he will push you towards clubs that make him comm.

What is your budget? I have a couple of unused sets at home that might suit you.

If interested PM me.

Other than that the best shops are American Golf and Direct Golf for range and price.

Go to american golf and try the clubs first, then go to fleabay and buy there, my latest set came from Jersey , so no vat !!!

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Beginner golf clubs advice on 09:54 - May 23 with 2350 viewsbarabajagal

Somebody told me that it's better to save on the clubs and spend on lessons. Go second hand (you may have to re-grip some) and get some lessons. Somebody else told me that the most important club is your putter. If you have a putter that you really like, that shaves five shots of your game. I listened to both pieces of advice, and my game improved. But neither are substitutes for practice, especially the really boring stuff like chipping and putting.

Good luck, it's a great sport.

Nik
Beginner golf clubs advice on 10:12 - May 23 with 2324 viewsHitch

Golf, a good walk spoiled. M. Twain.
Beginner golf clubs advice on 10:38 - May 23 with 2294 viewsstowmarketrange

Beginner golf clubs advice on 09:54 - May 23 by barabajagal

Somebody told me that it's better to save on the clubs and spend on lessons. Go second hand (you may have to re-grip some) and get some lessons. Somebody else told me that the most important club is your putter. If you have a putter that you really like, that shaves five shots of your game. I listened to both pieces of advice, and my game improved. But neither are substitutes for practice, especially the really boring stuff like chipping and putting.

Nik

American golf are really good,especially if your local shop is at golf course like mine is.
They let you try different clubs on the driving range first to see which would suit you best.
Also,the bloke I played with on Monday bought a putter from them and they analysed his putting stroke to see which style of putter would suit his game best.
Beginner golf clubs advice on 19:33 - May 23 with 2184 viewsessextaxiboy

Beginner golf clubs advice on 09:54 - May 23 by barabajagal

Nik

Golf clubs are full of blokes with 2 grands worth of gear who cant get it off the tee. Mostly theie course etiquette is non exiistant ..IMO
Login to get fewer ads

Beginner golf clubs advice on 23:01 - May 23 with 2117 viewsSeth_Gecko

I first started playing golf about 2 years ago now. I went on eBay and got a Wilson package set for £130 which is perfect for a beginner. You get a putter with it but you should definitely go to somewhere like American Golf and try them out, as you'll find one which feels comfortable for your own game.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2015-WILSON-MENS-KIN

That's an example of the sort of thing you'd get.

Also, to save money, buy grade A lake balls from eBay rather than paying out for brand new ones, as you'll lose a lot of them!

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

Beginner golf clubs advice on 01:48 - May 24 with 2065 viewsbarabajagal

Beginner golf clubs advice on 19:33 - May 23 by essextaxiboy

Golf clubs are full of blokes with 2 grands worth of gear who cant get it off the tee. Mostly theie course etiquette is non exiistant ..IMO

Agreed, my local municipal is £10 a round after twilight with no dress code, what's not to like?

http://www.mytimeactive.co.uk/waterhall
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024