Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin 16:50 - May 24 with 9455 viewsted_hendrix

Thanks for you're time with us, thanks for all you're efforts and well done for you're England call up, thanks for you're goals and may you're career prosper elsewhere.
The rest of you or pretty much the rest of you can get the fck out of what used to be my club.
Bastards

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charlie Austin on 23:03 - May 24 with 2882 viewsmakaveli1882

Charlie Austin on 19:37 - May 24 by peejaybee

Who is your new club then Ted.??????????//

Reading!!!
Charlie Austin on 23:04 - May 24 with 2881 viewsstrikerace

It will be interesting to see how he does with some real service. Here he basically had to close on every opportunity. Guys on other teams get the ball over and over again.
Charlie Austin on 23:07 - May 24 with 2863 viewsmakaveli1882

On a serious note that's a nice post Ted; wish him all the best far to good for us ...looking forward to seeing him in Dublin and slovenia representing England while he is still a Rangers player I will be singing heart out ...If he comes on....Rangers legend
Charlie Austin on 23:08 - May 24 with 2856 viewsSpiritofGregory

All the best Charlie.
Charlie Austin on 23:30 - May 24 with 2803 viewsBasingstokeR

I don't think its realistic to keep him, and it doesn't fit with the new "football pathways" party line / spin. If we'd had stayed up we'd have been in the Danny Ings situation I believe. Let's sell whilst we can get the biggest fee.

Why do people think Saints would be a good move for Austin? Rodriguez back from injury and signed a new deal, as well as competing with Pelle, Long and maybe Mane depending on formation. Not really guarenteed to start every game. (Also being from Hungerford is quite a way from being from the "South Coast".)

He'd improve and start within existing squads for everyone from Swansea downward I think. Palace and Pardew, assuming they stumped up enough money; seems a "fit" - not too far away / far North; who he'd start straight away for (imho).
Charlie Austin on 02:52 - May 25 with 2692 viewsMrNITK

Charlie Austin on 23:30 - May 24 by BasingstokeR

I don't think its realistic to keep him, and it doesn't fit with the new "football pathways" party line / spin. If we'd had stayed up we'd have been in the Danny Ings situation I believe. Let's sell whilst we can get the biggest fee.

Why do people think Saints would be a good move for Austin? Rodriguez back from injury and signed a new deal, as well as competing with Pelle, Long and maybe Mane depending on formation. Not really guarenteed to start every game. (Also being from Hungerford is quite a way from being from the "South Coast".)

He'd improve and start within existing squads for everyone from Swansea downward I think. Palace and Pardew, assuming they stumped up enough money; seems a "fit" - not too far away / far North; who he'd start straight away for (imho).

Have to agree with that. Do Saints play 2 up front? Didn't seem like it when we played them at loftus rd. They had big unit Pelle up front on his own as far as I can remember (might be wrong) and can't see Charlie playing that position. Think most on this forum agreed that Charlie needs another forward along side him.
Charlie Austin on 04:00 - May 25 with 2680 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Yep, Thanks Chaz for all the effort and goals. You did exactly what we employed you to do, and did it very well ( apart from the penaties that may have kept us up!)

I wish you al the best with your career elsewhere mate and am just gutted that the rest of the team let you down. Good luck with England and I reckon you'll get a great reception every time you return to Loftus road.

Thanks
Charlie Austin on 07:55 - May 25 with 2592 viewsRanger78

Yep.

Fair play, my little man will be gutted he can't have his name on his shirt but I genuinely wish him well.

He has certainaly done his job and throughly deserves to be in the PL. I only hope he gets to play every game and doesn't end up at a club where he spends a lot of time on the bench.

Top man
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin on 08:05 - May 25 with 2576 viewsstevec

Onwards and upwards Charlie, you've done us proud.
Charlie Austin on 09:43 - May 25 with 2504 viewsJAPRANGERS

Charlie Austin on 10:01 - May 25 with 2477 viewsHayesender

Got a sneaky feeling he'll end up at Bournemouth.

In the Prem, plenty of money, and a manager that knows him well

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Charlie Austin on 10:22 - May 25 with 2429 viewsDiscodroids

"gank you charlie for efferryfing, a gottle of gear and the noggys nugs are on me"

gest regards,

Tony Gernanges and Ghris Gamsey
[Post edited 25 May 2015 10:24]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Charlie Austin on 10:32 - May 25 with 2410 viewsfrancisbowles

Most likely he will leave, particularly after he gets chatting to the England squad. However, if we are to have any chance of fighting for promotion next season, the club needs to fight tooth and nail to keep him. Any fee received now is only a fraction of the 100 million or so for getting back up. We could always sell him in January (for a bit less) if it's not going too well
Charlie Austin on 10:36 - May 25 with 2396 viewsMelakaRanger

Charlie Austin on 10:32 - May 25 by francisbowles

Most likely he will leave, particularly after he gets chatting to the England squad. However, if we are to have any chance of fighting for promotion next season, the club needs to fight tooth and nail to keep him. Any fee received now is only a fraction of the 100 million or so for getting back up. We could always sell him in January (for a bit less) if it's not going too well

Spot on. He signed a contract until end of next season.

No need to sell, hes ours and the chance of maybe 10 million in transfer fee is small beer compared to what riches await if we can get back up.

Lets only sell/get rid of those we want to. Lets keep the ones we need
Charlie Austin on 10:48 - May 25 with 2364 viewsPunteR

Charlie Austin on 10:32 - May 25 by francisbowles

Are we planning on coming straight back up though ?
Yes we get £100mill but we spend all that on duff players anyway.
Take all the money we can get and invest in a training ground. A really good one.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Charlie Austin on 11:14 - May 25 with 2279 viewsbosh67

We gave Charlie his promotion, his chance to shine in the Prem and prove he could do it and his England opp. He is much loved here and I think his heart says stay but I think for the sake of his career, short as a football career is, has to be back in the Prem with a decent top 10 team.

Very sad if he goes, true professional and a brilliant goalscorer. But he has to go to mature as a player at the next level. No hard feelings. He is one of us.

That said, if we do get decent scouts in place there are a lot of other Charlie Austin's coming through that just need the chance at the level we will be at next season. It's going to be all about the scouts finding hungry forwards.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Austin on 11:59 - May 25 with 2247 viewsdaveB

yesterday he kept making runs into space and was never picked out with us either giving the ball away or choosing a backwards pass. You could see how angry and frustrated he was.
Charlie Austin on 14:47 - May 25 with 2199 viewsToast_R

You can't replace twenty goals a season. QPR struggle to score goals so losing Austin will be as damaging as losing Les Ferdindand was all them years back.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up, he'll get goals wherever he goes. Arsenal hopefully. He will always be fondly remembered at QPR. Best striker in a generation.

I just hope the Prat in charge of our club (yes I mean Fernandes) gets the right price for him and invests that wisely. Probably paying off the fine though.
[Post edited 25 May 2015 14:52]
Charlie Austin on 15:04 - May 25 with 2177 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players come and players go. If he leaves we'll survive and move on.

There will always be a Charlie Austin or Les Ferdinand round the corner.

Let's not wallow in self pity eh.
Charlie Austin on 15:21 - May 25 with 2164 viewsToast_R

Charlie Austin on 15:04 - May 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Players come and players go. If he leaves we'll survive and move on.

There will always be a Charlie Austin or Les Ferdinand round the corner.

Let's not wallow in self pity eh.

When QPR sold Les they spiralled out of control for years and teetered on the brink of going bust. I admire your confidence.
Charlie Austin on 15:38 - May 25 with 2154 viewskensalriser

Charlie Austin on 15:21 - May 25 by Toast_R

When QPR sold Les they spiralled out of control for years and teetered on the brink of going bust. I admire your confidence.

We didn't 'teeter on the brink' of going bust, we did go bust.

Les going may have been the catalyst but it was only one part of the story.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charlie Austin on 15:57 - May 25 with 2133 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin on 15:21 - May 25 by Toast_R

Yet 19 years, 10,000 pints, four relegations, three promotions, 200 odd players, 10,000 miles, 1,000 games, and a Wembley final later we are still here with a team to support .

The days of losing sleep over players are over. They are just business transactions. Wether Austin or Zelic, Bowles or Bosingwa, they are just agents that facilitate my escapism every Saturday, August to May.

Basically I'm saying I don't give a fvck.
[Post edited 25 May 2015 20:54]
Charlie Austin on 20:40 - May 25 with 1996 viewsTGRRRSSS

3 promotions.
Charlie Austin on 20:56 - May 25 with 1960 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin on 20:40 - May 25 by TGRRRSSS

3 promotions.

Edited !

I think my sub conscious tried to erase the last one.
Charlie Austin on 19:17 - May 28 with 1844 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024