Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey 16:53 - May 24 with 16818 viewspaulparker

For those who have been on this MB saying Ramsey is a great coach
Ramsey is a nice guy
Ramsey is our future
Please can you come on here and explain to me what he actually brings to the job
From what I've seen is gutless peformances , terrible team selections , awful defending
And you want this chump to have a pre season
So please enlighten me to this coaching God

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey on 17:41 - May 24 with 3433 viewsYorkRanger

Ramsey on 17:34 - May 24 by PunteR

The result doesn't change anything for me. We were already relegated,we were already kak and Ramsey is already our head coach.
Just glad this season is done and dusted. Shame we couldn't end on a high note hey ho.
As ive said before i dont think Ramsey will get us promoted next season or even the season after , i just hope he's the start of getting things right in the dressing room and on the training pitch and build from there.
Most of those players out there today probably knew they are not in Ramsey's plans, maybe the performance reflected that.
Back to the drawing board next season.

Some wise words. Not really sure what people expected today. It was clearly p1ss poor and the club should give the fans their money back.

I'm as uncertain about Ramsey as the next man, however the job starts on Tuesday now. Team was littered with players who were about to play their last game for the club, we need to now move on forget this season and get behind the new management team.

Thus feels every bit as bad as last time....
Ramsey on 17:44 - May 24 with 3409 viewsGloucs_R

I will give Ramsey 10 games next season. I'm not asking for miracles, but want at least a team with ideas and that show some guts.

Today was another spineless performance, I would get rid of 90% of the squad now. Rebuild a unit who have some desire, passion and want to win.

So here is to a long summer.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ramsey on 17:44 - May 24 with 3400 viewsessextaxiboy

Why dont we just write this season off and give him a chance .

A chance to build a team of his own and play in a way that he wants to .

This season he was left with a bunch of players most of whom were loyal to Redknapp and or getting on a bit with no transfer window to work with . Pitched into it because Sherwood got greedy into one of the toughest Leagues in the world. A real baptism of fire.

If we had caved in to Sherwoods demands TF would have got pelters for being mugged off again without any guarantees that he would have kept us up,without Benteke hitting some form he may not have kept Villa up .

We wanted a young manager to build something and we have got one . Instead of getting in to him before he has a chance on a level playing field , why not just back him and see?
Ramsey on 17:44 - May 24 with 3406 viewsPunteR

Ramsey on 17:38 - May 24 by BklynRanger

I'd like to know how he is as a motivator. There have been 4 or 5 times this season when we've come out flat right from the start.

No idea if that's down to him but I've seen him talk about senior players like Clint and JB working to keep peoples' chins up. That's fine and makes sense but how much is he able to do that himself and what, after certain first halfs this season, are his 'rocket' skills like?

Most of those players have heard it all before though from much better and distinguished managers. I'm not sure what Ramsey could do with this lot.
Next season will be different, youth players and league 1 and championship players might be more receptive.
Who knows.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey on 17:59 - May 24 with 3321 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ramsey on 17:59 - May 24 with 3320 viewseghamranger

I don't think many people on here wanted him tbf. I hoping with all the rubbish money grabbers gone, he will sort it out and kick arse.

I just fear that he is like a "mum" who does things for an easy life, but we need an old styled "dad" !!
Ramsey on 18:03 - May 24 with 3301 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Ramsey on 17:44 - May 24 by Gloucs_R

I will give Ramsey 10 games next season. I'm not asking for miracles, but want at least a team with ideas and that show some guts.

Today was another spineless performance, I would get rid of 90% of the squad now. Rebuild a unit who have some desire, passion and want to win.

So here is to a long summer.

Ten games. Taking a long term view then?
That's the trouble with football unfortunately, everything is viewed short-term.
Ramsey on 18:07 - May 24 with 3263 viewsessextaxiboy

Ramsey on 17:59 - May 24 by eghamranger

I don't think many people on here wanted him tbf. I hoping with all the rubbish money grabbers gone, he will sort it out and kick arse.

I just fear that he is like a "mum" who does things for an easy life, but we need an old styled "dad" !!

I dont think you final sentence could be further from the truth . His selections have been dictated by his insistance that players train properly , keep themselves fit and available .

Some havnt done that that and been left out, an easy life would be picking them .
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey on 18:15 - May 24 with 3245 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey on 17:59 - May 24 by Nov77

fuking hell.. talk about tramadol nights ..some one tap his vein with some amphetamine, the cnts sending me into some kind of regressive state. i feel like one of the monkeys in 2001 bashing my bonce with a femur bone.

ive met wordings guys in lloyds of london more inspiring than him

send ramsey to area 54, there may be another hyper being missing his twin .

its worse than going to a reinsurance seminar listening to him.

he makes' the shadow' from only fools and horses seem like 'raffles' the gentleman thief.

'pride in the performance!!."

this is the realms of a hunter s thompson road trip

mumbling stuttering fanny farts. give him a dinner plate and he can fly around like dan dares mekon .

[Post edited 24 May 2015 18:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey on 19:05 - May 24 with 3073 viewspaulparker

2 pages in and no one has come on here and to tell me why Ramsey is this coaching Guru ,
A waste of our pre season , the most important in the clubs history
I can take getting spanked against the big boys but 5-1 against a team who are sipping margaritas is a p1ss take
QPR RIP , and for those who still back Fernades , shame on you

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey on 19:11 - May 24 with 3043 viewsflynnbo

What has he done to deserve a chance to manage/coach QPR? He's 53 ffs not 33. He has had success with developing youth players so that is where his strengths lie so why are we putting square pegs in round holes? We "interviewed" for the youth job but as for the main position?
Ramsey on 19:16 - May 24 with 3002 viewsbaz_qpr

There is a great big question mark over his man management skills, he seems to have alienated / failed to even get on the pitch 1/4 of his squad and then motivate the remainder enough to be competitive in a number of games. It suggests that much of the squad is not playing for him.

That means its a total start from scratch and that worries me.

I think if 10 games in we have the same start as Fulham which is quite likely the club will have no choice
Ramsey on 19:20 - May 24 with 2967 viewsBrixtonR

Sorry but the blokes a fckn joke any cnt who still thinks he should be the manager wants to have a good look at thermsselves and discover some dignity. It was a fckin disgrace today
Ramsey on 19:22 - May 24 with 2954 viewspaulparker

Ramsey on 19:20 - May 24 by BrixtonR

Sorry but the blokes a fckn joke any cnt who still thinks he should be the manager wants to have a good look at thermsselves and discover some dignity. It was a fckin disgrace today

Did you go in the end Brixton?

Ramsey on 19:25 - May 24 with 2935 viewsGloucs_R

Ramsey on 18:03 - May 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Ten games. Taking a long term view then?
That's the trouble with football unfortunately, everything is viewed short-term.

10 games seems to be more than most are willing to give him, so give me some credit!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ramsey on 19:25 - May 24 with 2816 viewsRangersw12

Ramsey on 19:20 - May 24 by BrixtonR

I still do......
[Post edited 24 May 2015 19:26]
Ramsey on 19:27 - May 24 with 2806 viewsstuabd

It's obvious that he will have to start well next season as otherwise the fans will turn on him very quickly. I wonder whether some of our transfer targets will think twice about signing for us knowing that he's managing us. I'm sorry he never deserved a contract like that and the results have been worse than I'd have expected.
Ramsey on 19:40 - May 24 with 2732 viewsstuabd

Ramsey on 19:25 - May 24 by Gloucs_R

10 games seems to be more than most are willing to give him, so give me some credit!

10 bad results in a row would be enough for anyone on this board. Anyone who says otherwise and thinks they would be happily waiting like patience on a statue is kidding themselves.

Get your money on Sir Les taking over team duties temporarily at some point next season.
Ramsey on 19:41 - May 24 with 2722 viewsHollowayRanger

Ramsey on 18:07 - May 24 by essextaxiboy

I dont think you final sentence could be further from the truth . His selections have been dictated by his insistance that players train properly , keep themselves fit and available .

Some havnt done that that and been left out, an easy life would be picking them .

Christ THEY were the ones that train and were fit

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ramsey on 19:47 - May 24 with 2678 viewsHollowayRanger

Ramsey on 19:40 - May 24 by stuabd

10 bad results in a row would be enough for anyone on this board. Anyone who says otherwise and thinks they would be happily waiting like patience on a statue is kidding themselves.

Get your money on Sir Les taking over team duties temporarily at some point next season.

yes sir les is the idea man to take over

id rather we had derry with hill than ramsey

least they would sort out any slackers

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ramsey on 19:57 - May 24 with 2637 viewsMvpeter

Ramsey on 17:44 - May 24 by essextaxiboy

Why dont we just write this season off and give him a chance .

A chance to build a team of his own and play in a way that he wants to .

This season he was left with a bunch of players most of whom were loyal to Redknapp and or getting on a bit with no transfer window to work with . Pitched into it because Sherwood got greedy into one of the toughest Leagues in the world. A real baptism of fire.

If we had caved in to Sherwoods demands TF would have got pelters for being mugged off again without any guarantees that he would have kept us up,without Benteke hitting some form he may not have kept Villa up .

We wanted a young manager to build something and we have got one . Instead of getting in to him before he has a chance on a level playing field , why not just back him and see?

Why should we give him a chance? That's the question we need to ask. There are many reasons why we shouldn't but what are the reasons that he should. I can think of none.

He doesn't know how he wants to play. He admitted that.

Not signing Sherwood has nothing to do with giving Ramsey this contract.

We have not got a young manager. We have got a 53 year old youth coach.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Ramsey on 20:07 - May 24 with 2596 viewsCFW

Ramsey on 18:15 - May 24 by Discodroids

fuking hell.. talk about tramadol nights ..some one tap his vein with some amphetamine, the cnts sending me into some kind of regressive state. i feel like one of the monkeys in 2001 bashing my bonce with a femur bone.

ive met wordings guys in lloyds of london more inspiring than him

send ramsey to area 54, there may be another hyper being missing his twin .

its worse than going to a reinsurance seminar listening to him.

he makes' the shadow' from only fools and horses seem like 'raffles' the gentleman thief.

'pride in the performance!!."

this is the realms of a hunter s thompson road trip

mumbling stuttering fanny farts. give him a dinner plate and he can fly around like dan dares mekon .

[Post edited 24 May 2015 18:17]

Totally agree this interview just about sums up our club and for me shows why we will continue to struggle next season. Our gold fish have got more get up and go than him and a lot more personality too boot!!

I have said it before and I will say it again - we scored enough goals this season to stay up - a fcking blind man on a galloping horse could see our defence is shite and this is the reason we have been relegated. But no fear we have a great, well respected coach to take over and sort that out - NO he make it even worse.

Where the hell are out other senior players who are still getting very well paid to play - Sandro well thats is a joke and as for the others I really hope they get their just deserts - wan*ers the lot of them.

Had enough, really, really, really had enough.

No interview process for the managers role whatsoever - just hand out a three year contract. Did not even wait until the end of the season - why oh why??? After watching that interview I now know - he is a fcking yes man, a fcking puppet us Sir Les's ar*e big time. Well all I can say is god help us all.

Thank you and good night.
Ramsey on 20:28 - May 24 with 2525 viewsessextaxiboy

Ramsey on 19:57 - May 24 by Mvpeter

Why should we give him a chance? That's the question we need to ask. There are many reasons why we shouldn't but what are the reasons that he should. I can think of none.

He doesn't know how he wants to play. He admitted that.

Not signing Sherwood has nothing to do with giving Ramsey this contract.

We have not got a young manager. We have got a 53 year old youth coach.

Because we want him to succeed dont we ? That is the question we need to ask . Do we really want him to succeed or is easier to get into him

Why shouldnt we get behind him ? is it inconcievable that he was pitched out of his depth this season but has the qualities to succeed long term? if so how do you possibly reach that conclusion?

Its common knowledge that Redknapp built the squad to play a certain way then changed it making the squad unbalanced and not fitting any one formation

Putting Ferdinand in position and Sherwood not coming has resulted in him getting the chance.

Take anyone else and they may not want to work with Ferdinand then thats another plan torn up and so it goes on .

Teddy Sherringham has just got his first job at 48 . 53 is not so old
Ramsey on 20:29 - May 24 with 2528 viewsNW10Hoop

Ramsey on 19:27 - May 24 by stuabd

It's obvious that he will have to start well next season as otherwise the fans will turn on him very quickly. I wonder whether some of our transfer targets will think twice about signing for us knowing that he's managing us. I'm sorry he never deserved a contract like that and the results have been worse than I'd have expected.

I thought Chris Ramsey should get the job full time, although I admit I've never been convinced that it will work out well... And if we have lost the bulk of the first dozen or so games I would expect the club to act decisively.

I know it's a bit skewed but my reasons for thinking he should get a crack at the job aren't really based on a belief that he's gonna guide us back into the premier league with kids playing amazing 2 touch football, in fact I think that he WILL NOT guide us back up. But here are my thoughts on why he might still be the right guy for the next couple of seasons.

1. He's not a big name manager a la Harry, Big Sam or Tim Sherwood - there probably aren't loads of agents with a direct line to him, and even if they did, everything will be going through Les Ferdinand anyways. We'll have to look at players for whom moving to QPR is a step up in their career,

2 He's not really one of the bright new hopes a la Clement, Warburton etc. One of these guys could be the guy after Ramsey. These hotly tipped managers already have reputations (even if it is a little early in their careers). As much as they might take the right job and build a club up, they'll also want to hit milestones like promotion sooner rather than later even if we haven't laid the proper foundations . If we are truly serious about doing things right for the long haul, then given the state of QPR currently - FFP, crap squad, crap training facilities, youth been overlooked for so long and so on - this may be more than the bright young managers are willing/able to take on while matching their own personal ambitions. My hope is that Ramsey could keep things chugging along while the club makes steps to address the issues with our infrastructure, then with things a little more sorted we make a more ambitious appointment and hopefully kick on.

3. I like that we promoted from within after years of trying to buy our way out of trouble. It feels,like a touch of humility that we've been lacking over the last few years. I hated the way we signed past it superstars on current superstar wages, in particular some of the over 30s that Harry brought in, and I imagine heading to QPR under Ramsey will be far less enticing for these old boys and their agents than it was under Harry.

So basically I kind of see him as a 2-3 year "caretaker" manager, looking after the team while the Club as a whole takes on some rebuilding. I expect no more than mid table in the championship spending sensibly transfer and wage wise, but hopefully the club will be on a better footing at the end of his tenure.
Ramsey on 20:40 - May 24 with 2489 viewsDejR_vu

Ramsey on 17:04 - May 24 by CroydonCaptJack

As usual a busy forum when we lose I see.

If posting was limited to when we've won it would be a pretty quiet board, not many opportunities to post this season.

CR was appointed by a DoF with no idea, who himself was appointed by an owner with no idea. He's been rewarded for failure, but like it or not he's been appointed, so we may as well get used to it.

Edit: trying to remain positive but just seen the press conference.
[Post edited 24 May 2015 20:55]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024