Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey 16:53 - May 24 with 16823 viewspaulparker

For those who have been on this MB saying Ramsey is a great coach
Ramsey is a nice guy
Ramsey is our future
Please can you come on here and explain to me what he actually brings to the job
From what I've seen is gutless peformances , terrible team selections , awful defending
And you want this chump to have a pre season
So please enlighten me to this coaching God

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ramsey on 20:42 - May 24 with 3098 viewsBluce_Ree

Chris Ramsey.

F*ck.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ramsey on 20:45 - May 24 with 3091 viewsMatch82

Ramsey on 20:29 - May 24 by NW10Hoop

I thought Chris Ramsey should get the job full time, although I admit I've never been convinced that it will work out well... And if we have lost the bulk of the first dozen or so games I would expect the club to act decisively.

I know it's a bit skewed but my reasons for thinking he should get a crack at the job aren't really based on a belief that he's gonna guide us back into the premier league with kids playing amazing 2 touch football, in fact I think that he WILL NOT guide us back up. But here are my thoughts on why he might still be the right guy for the next couple of seasons.

1. He's not a big name manager a la Harry, Big Sam or Tim Sherwood - there probably aren't loads of agents with a direct line to him, and even if they did, everything will be going through Les Ferdinand anyways. We'll have to look at players for whom moving to QPR is a step up in their career,

2 He's not really one of the bright new hopes a la Clement, Warburton etc. One of these guys could be the guy after Ramsey. These hotly tipped managers already have reputations (even if it is a little early in their careers). As much as they might take the right job and build a club up, they'll also want to hit milestones like promotion sooner rather than later even if we haven't laid the proper foundations . If we are truly serious about doing things right for the long haul, then given the state of QPR currently - FFP, crap squad, crap training facilities, youth been overlooked for so long and so on - this may be more than the bright young managers are willing/able to take on while matching their own personal ambitions. My hope is that Ramsey could keep things chugging along while the club makes steps to address the issues with our infrastructure, then with things a little more sorted we make a more ambitious appointment and hopefully kick on.

3. I like that we promoted from within after years of trying to buy our way out of trouble. It feels,like a touch of humility that we've been lacking over the last few years. I hated the way we signed past it superstars on current superstar wages, in particular some of the over 30s that Harry brought in, and I imagine heading to QPR under Ramsey will be far less enticing for these old boys and their agents than it was under Harry.

So basically I kind of see him as a 2-3 year "caretaker" manager, looking after the team while the Club as a whole takes on some rebuilding. I expect no more than mid table in the championship spending sensibly transfer and wage wise, but hopefully the club will be on a better footing at the end of his tenure.

Well said.
I don't think Ramsey is the right manager to get us up, but at this point the club is so screwed at a fundamental level that we need a complete overhaul and I think a low key manager who shares a philosophy with the director of football is actually the right kind of appointment for our current situation
Ramsey on 20:53 - May 24 with 3049 viewsDejR_vu

Ramsey on 17:59 - May 24 by Nov77

That's a really worrying press conference.

1) How many times can you blame bad defending without actually addressing it?
2) How can anyone claim after a 1-5 defeat that he saw pride in the performance?
3) He's talking about Leicester's strength in depth, have I missed something?
4) He seems to be getting plenty of excuses in nice and early.

This is going to be a train wreck.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ramsey on 20:56 - May 24 with 3043 viewsPunteR

Ramsey on 20:29 - May 24 by NW10Hoop

I thought Chris Ramsey should get the job full time, although I admit I've never been convinced that it will work out well... And if we have lost the bulk of the first dozen or so games I would expect the club to act decisively.

I know it's a bit skewed but my reasons for thinking he should get a crack at the job aren't really based on a belief that he's gonna guide us back into the premier league with kids playing amazing 2 touch football, in fact I think that he WILL NOT guide us back up. But here are my thoughts on why he might still be the right guy for the next couple of seasons.

1. He's not a big name manager a la Harry, Big Sam or Tim Sherwood - there probably aren't loads of agents with a direct line to him, and even if they did, everything will be going through Les Ferdinand anyways. We'll have to look at players for whom moving to QPR is a step up in their career,

2 He's not really one of the bright new hopes a la Clement, Warburton etc. One of these guys could be the guy after Ramsey. These hotly tipped managers already have reputations (even if it is a little early in their careers). As much as they might take the right job and build a club up, they'll also want to hit milestones like promotion sooner rather than later even if we haven't laid the proper foundations . If we are truly serious about doing things right for the long haul, then given the state of QPR currently - FFP, crap squad, crap training facilities, youth been overlooked for so long and so on - this may be more than the bright young managers are willing/able to take on while matching their own personal ambitions. My hope is that Ramsey could keep things chugging along while the club makes steps to address the issues with our infrastructure, then with things a little more sorted we make a more ambitious appointment and hopefully kick on.

3. I like that we promoted from within after years of trying to buy our way out of trouble. It feels,like a touch of humility that we've been lacking over the last few years. I hated the way we signed past it superstars on current superstar wages, in particular some of the over 30s that Harry brought in, and I imagine heading to QPR under Ramsey will be far less enticing for these old boys and their agents than it was under Harry.

So basically I kind of see him as a 2-3 year "caretaker" manager, looking after the team while the Club as a whole takes on some rebuilding. I expect no more than mid table in the championship spending sensibly transfer and wage wise, but hopefully the club will be on a better footing at the end of his tenure.

Thats how i see it as well.
I'm not sure any manager taking over Redknapp would have kept us up,and if they did,then what? Sign another load of players on massive wages and battle relegation next season.?
Interesting in his post match interview that he doesn't know if they are going to try and consolidate in the championship or push for promotion. Maybe he's keeping his cards close to his chest ,but i hope the board have made their mind up by now. They probably haven't though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey on 21:01 - May 24 with 3013 viewsGloucs_R

Ramsey on 20:56 - May 24 by PunteR

Thats how i see it as well.
I'm not sure any manager taking over Redknapp would have kept us up,and if they did,then what? Sign another load of players on massive wages and battle relegation next season.?
Interesting in his post match interview that he doesn't know if they are going to try and consolidate in the championship or push for promotion. Maybe he's keeping his cards close to his chest ,but i hope the board have made their mind up by now. They probably haven't though.

If you say push for promotion, the money you have to pay for new players increases over night.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ramsey on 21:03 - May 24 with 3003 viewsHayesender

Just back from that shambolic excuse of a performance.

I will not be stepping foot inside loftus road while that joke of a coach is in charge.

I've seen better coaches at Cricklewood bus garage

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ramsey on 21:09 - May 24 with 2976 viewsPunteR

Ramsey on 21:01 - May 24 by Gloucs_R

If you say push for promotion, the money you have to pay for new players increases over night.

Yep.But he still has to try and attract ambitious young players here as well ,so saying we will be slumming it in the championship for a few years is probably not the best idea either.
Tough job this summer.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey on 21:28 - May 24 with 2896 viewsBrixtonR

Ramsey on 19:25 - May 24 by Gloucs_R

10 games seems to be more than most are willing to give him, so give me some credit!

Yes mate had a great time. Went down Friday night and watched the T20 win went to the Richard 111 exhibition and then got proper hammered at a cider and sausage festival. Only downer was having to waste £28.50 watching that useless good for nothing overpaid unprofessional lackadaisical waster CNTS and some other of our fans clapping for them. in the last few years everything about this club is mickey mOuse and we don't deseve it. Reall want to wash my hands of the whole thing whilst the present regime is here
Tell you what Richard 111 bones would have done a better Job than Ramsey today
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey on 22:03 - May 24 with 2800 viewsfakekerby

Ramsey *has* been f'ing useless.

There's no other way of spinning it. It's fact.

He will send us down again, he is that bad. His record is as bad as Carver's, who is mocked by one and all.

He thinks we showed pride today, he must be SWP's mate - taking the p1ss out of us and treating us like idiots who don't know what we see.
Ramsey on 22:31 - May 24 with 2689 viewsWilloW4

Ramsey on 22:03 - May 24 by fakekerby

Ramsey *has* been f'ing useless.

There's no other way of spinning it. It's fact.

He will send us down again, he is that bad. His record is as bad as Carver's, who is mocked by one and all.

He thinks we showed pride today, he must be SWP's mate - taking the p1ss out of us and treating us like idiots who don't know what we see.

Picture the scene: Uxbridge rd, askew rd, Goldhawk rd...touts from sarf London :"get yer Rangers season tickets ere, buy, sell, Rangers seasons tickets....two for one, c'mon, I'm robbing meself."
Ramsey on 22:50 - May 24 with 2605 viewsBlackCrowe

I honestly don't think I'm renewing ours.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ramsey on 23:15 - May 24 with 2512 viewsSpiritofGregory

He's crap.
Ramsey on 23:36 - May 24 with 2458 viewscarlh5266

4/4/15............

Tony Fernandes
✔ ‎@tonyfernandes
Ramsey vs Pulis. Take a bow Chris. Enough said.Thank you from the bottom of my heart to away fans and the lads who ran and played for badge
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:48 - May 24 with 2422 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey on 23:36 - May 24 by carlh5266

4/4/15............

Tony Fernandes
✔ ‎@tonyfernandes
Ramsey vs Pulis. Take a bow Chris. Enough said.Thank you from the bottom of my heart to away fans and the lads who ran and played for badge

We've only been patient with Fernandes because the board have spent money.
[Post edited 24 May 2015 23:49]
Ramsey on 23:55 - May 24 with 2403 viewsloftus77

The only positive for me about Ramsey next season is expectation. In other words, fans' expectations will be utterly zero - one win in the first 10 games will be seen as better than expected from this 'manager', IMHO. He's hardly going to be under immediate pressure to storm the top six as per Harry in 2013..

The negative is that I think, as said before, that Our Tone has made another big mistake here - he's basically lurched from one extreme disaster (Redknapp, Hughes and big spending) to another (Ramsey, totally out-of-his-depth with no money).

We'll see...
Ramsey and Les on 00:04 - May 25 with 2370 viewssuperhoopdownunder

With our set up Les is going to be as responsible as Ramsey.

I don't think either of them are good enough.

Steve McLaren would have been a much better choice.
Ramsey on 00:09 - May 25 with 2357 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey on 23:55 - May 24 by loftus77

The only positive for me about Ramsey next season is expectation. In other words, fans' expectations will be utterly zero - one win in the first 10 games will be seen as better than expected from this 'manager', IMHO. He's hardly going to be under immediate pressure to storm the top six as per Harry in 2013..

The negative is that I think, as said before, that Our Tone has made another big mistake here - he's basically lurched from one extreme disaster (Redknapp, Hughes and big spending) to another (Ramsey, totally out-of-his-depth with no money).

We'll see...

He will be under pressure from the start. The fans are already annoyed with TF for appointing a youth coach.

Like I said in an earlier post we've made allowances for TF's inept chairmanship because the board have spent money. They won't be spending next season.
Ramsey on 00:39 - May 25 with 2311 views08olesen

If we do have the likes of Fer, Caulker, Phillips, Sandro etc...there is absolutely no reason why anyone should expect any less than what Harry achieved. If you preach the idea of us rebuilding in the lower to mid table of the championship, that is where we will end up.

I know there is a lot to do off the pitch with the academy but the players which will be left over should be good enough to do well next year. I am also considering not renewing...because Ramsey has really done nothing so far which makes me think it will be worth the money or the time.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ramsey on 00:56 - May 25 with 2290 viewsWilloW4

Ramsey on 00:39 - May 25 by 08olesen

If we do have the likes of Fer, Caulker, Phillips, Sandro etc...there is absolutely no reason why anyone should expect any less than what Harry achieved. If you preach the idea of us rebuilding in the lower to mid table of the championship, that is where we will end up.

I know there is a lot to do off the pitch with the academy but the players which will be left over should be good enough to do well next year. I am also considering not renewing...because Ramsey has really done nothing so far which makes me think it will be worth the money or the time.

You mention caulker and Sandro ..and then.. Harry, why ?.. Two waste of space players, a huge failure for the money.. £10 mill for Sandro, take a (back hander. Allegedly ) player with a glass knee.... £8 mill for caulker... Has been below shite since he came here(er,good 20 mins vrs er, someone.).. And then.. Harry ....why still call that conman..Harry.. Like he's youre fecking mate? He never cared about our club, he never cared about you, but people still call him Harry, he ain't your fav uncle he's shite...its Redknapp, and that's being polite...easy to call Ramsey by his surname cos he's been shite and..oh, hold up... He's not as famous as being a conman as...Harry!!!
Ramsey on 08:09 - May 25 with 2132 viewsRanger78

Ramsey on 17:34 - May 24 by PunteR

The result doesn't change anything for me. We were already relegated,we were already kak and Ramsey is already our head coach.
Just glad this season is done and dusted. Shame we couldn't end on a high note hey ho.
As ive said before i dont think Ramsey will get us promoted next season or even the season after , i just hope he's the start of getting things right in the dressing room and on the training pitch and build from there.
Most of those players out there today probably knew they are not in Ramsey's plans, maybe the performance reflected that.
Back to the drawing board next season.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts .

Right or wrong appointment, I think he still gets way to much stick. We were always doomed to fail yesterday anyway.

Anyone remember our final game against Reading......... most people still loved Redcrapp and thought he deserved a chance in the Championship??? He took over in November that year and spent £20m +, yet none of it was his fault WTF ??????????

I'm not convinced CR is the greatest manager but no way all of this blame should be heaped on Him. Time to get behind him and hope some foundations of the "right sort" get put in place.

By the way, he's on The soccer special this morning with Kamara and Ben Shepherd ... be interesting to hear what he's got to say
Ramsey and Les on 08:54 - May 25 with 2076 viewsDejR_vu

Ramsey and Les on 00:04 - May 25 by superhoopdownunder

With our set up Les is going to be as responsible as Ramsey.

I don't think either of them are good enough.

Steve McLaren would have been a much better choice.

You can't blame CR for wanting the job, you have to look at LF for giving it to him. But then you can't really blame LF, you have to look at TF for appointing him. All roads lead to TF. His chairmanship has been one long catalogue of disastrous decisions; incompetence on a staggering scale.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ramsey on 08:58 - May 25 with 2064 viewsJonDoeman

At least he's consistent !!!

It Is What It Is !!

Ramsey on 09:00 - May 25 with 2060 views08olesen

Ramsey on 00:56 - May 25 by WilloW4

You mention caulker and Sandro ..and then.. Harry, why ?.. Two waste of space players, a huge failure for the money.. £10 mill for Sandro, take a (back hander. Allegedly ) player with a glass knee.... £8 mill for caulker... Has been below shite since he came here(er,good 20 mins vrs er, someone.).. And then.. Harry ....why still call that conman..Harry.. Like he's youre fecking mate? He never cared about our club, he never cared about you, but people still call him Harry, he ain't your fav uncle he's shite...its Redknapp, and that's being polite...easy to call Ramsey by his surname cos he's been shite and..oh, hold up... He's not as famous as being a conman as...Harry!!!

Regardless of how bad Caulker has been he should still be one of the best players in the championship....Onhoua is great example of a player who can cut it at championship level but not in the prem. I just dont think there should be any excuse for not being top half at least next year, ramsey still has a selection of good championship players.

As for calling the bloke by his name...i really didnt give as much thought to that as you seem to have. As for 'its easy to call Ramsey by his surname cos he's been shite'....again i dont see what the connection is here.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ramsey on 09:02 - May 25 with 2055 viewsDiscodroids

a 2-3 year caretaker manager,! christ id rather have deryck guyler from 'please sir
'

chris ramsey.. the norman potter of football management
"you cant kill an old desert rat"..

it makes sense , as i d always thought theres a touch of frankie abott re joey barton as well

"whose mummys favourite little soldier"

QPR the fenn street gang.

ffs.. Chris ramfukker makes ed milliband look like JFK, hanging on to nigel pearson yesterday at the final whistle like a 3 toed sloth on its mother back.

we need a manager that can hit it off the tee 300 yards, can swing it both ways along the corridoor of uncertainty, not fuking jonah barrington in 'superstars'

regarding ramfukkers credibility , im employing a proprietary algorithm and sense checking the results against more traditional, panel based sampling.
(modern patent law aside) so I am quite limited in what I can reveal.

I think speaking broadly, you'd be wise to think of the metrics as a measure of the sizzle not the steak. my predictive modelling engine set unfound hype against tramps hat , Those are genuine B Grade celebrity numbers.

in conclusion ramsey is one useless bastard cnt.

my module was also unable to deduce if ramsey is a nice bloke or not, which quite frankly, means fuk all when getting your starfish plunderd like ronnie kray in broadmoor every saturday afternoon.
[Post edited 25 May 2015 9:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey on 09:05 - May 25 with 2045 viewsHayesender

Ramsey on 21:03 - May 24 by Hayesender

Just back from that shambolic excuse of a performance.

I will not be stepping foot inside loftus road while that joke of a coach is in charge.

I've seen better coaches at Cricklewood bus garage

I may have jumped the gun slightly last night.

Had just got in the door from Leicester with a belly full of cider.

Of course I'll be going next season (depending on prices) but Chris Ramsey is no way the man for the job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024