Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nah, don't really follow football 17:52 - May 24 with 2475 viewsDaBurgh

Living here in France when I occasionally meet other Brits eventually they ask me which team I support. In the past I would reply the hoops and am always greeted with a little smirk, I normally just smile and nod my head and say something like - well someone has to. But after this shambles of a season I will take advantage of my American upbringing and just say - nah don't really follow anyone. The embarrassment is just too much now. This is the first time in my 20 years of supporting the 'super' hoops that I have been driven to this point. Very sad indeed.
Nah, don't really follow football on 18:24 - May 24 with 2417 viewsDiscodroids

works the other way for me, as a probation officer , i say to my lads and lasses im a qpr supporter.. it usually breaks the ice and they piss themselves laughing before trying to nick me wallet and sell me gear.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Nah, don't really follow football on 19:44 - May 24 with 2324 viewspeejaybee

Nah, don't really follow football on 18:24 - May 24 by Discodroids

works the other way for me, as a probation officer , i say to my lads and lasses im a qpr supporter.. it usually breaks the ice and they piss themselves laughing before trying to nick me wallet and sell me gear.

Have they got any decent Football players for sale.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Nah, don't really follow football on 19:48 - May 24 with 2315 viewsmacclesfieldman

You should never be too embarrassed to confirm you are a QPR fan, like a marriage it's for better or worse.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Nah, don't really follow football on 19:52 - May 24 with 2302 viewslongbottom

Living down in the Languedoc near the Spanish border I always wear my Hoops shirt with pride. Amazing how many people come up to me and want to have a chat, in particular Dutch football fans. Never had any problems.
Nah, don't really follow football on 19:53 - May 24 with 2300 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Nah, don't really follow football on 18:24 - May 24 by Discodroids

See you do have something in common with the big Kahuna!
Nah, don't really follow football on 19:57 - May 24 with 2286 viewsaston_hoop

I just keep on admitting it. If the other person says they support Utd/Scum/City/Liverpool, I generally change the subject as I'm unlikely to hear any good football chat. Anyone else seems to be sympathetic or at least be able to hold a genuinely interesting conversation about football.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Nah, don't really follow football on 20:29 - May 24 with 2232 viewsDaBurgh

Nah, don't really follow football on 19:48 - May 24 by macclesfieldman

You should never be too embarrassed to confirm you are a QPR fan, like a marriage it's for better or worse.

well after polishing off a bottle of Mercier rosé champagne and working our way through a 3l box of vin rosé du Var with a group of friends I can honestly say she may be an embarrassing old bird but I'll stick with her. Just waiting to see what black magic will be conjured up over the summer. Urrssss! hic
Nah, don't really follow football on 20:31 - May 24 with 2225 viewsQPRDEL

Nah, don't really follow football on 19:57 - May 24 by aston_hoop

I just keep on admitting it. If the other person says they support Utd/Scum/City/Liverpool, I generally change the subject as I'm unlikely to hear any good football chat. Anyone else seems to be sympathetic or at least be able to hold a genuinely interesting conversation about football.

thoroughly agree.
Have no respect at all for fans of the big 6, but start chatting to a fan of a so called lesser team, and generally we all have much in common
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024