Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey is and will be a disaster 22:11 - May 25 with 20712 viewsWestbourneR

Of all the terrible decisions TF has made giving Ramsey a long term contract takes the biscuit.

Mark my words he'll be fired after 15 games next season. I just hope he's goes in time for someone else to turn it around.

How you can give someone the job when they've got a record as caretaker like that is totally beyond me. People say 'he took over a bad situation' well he succeeded in making it even worse!

The worst bit is we're missing out on great people like Warburton, Clement and McLaren too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:55 - May 26 with 2438 viewsTheBlob

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:50 - May 26 by Discodroids

jo's put me on a drinking ban for two months essex.. its going to be hell.

im considering serial killing as a viable option in the close season or capturing and stuffing the squirrels that live at the bottom of my leafy estate.,perhaps holding my own alice in wonderland tea parties with them in front of my long suffering neigbours..

to late for jackett now mate, ive wanted him here ever since the defeat away to forest last season, then after the play off, then the final opportunity after the west ham away defeat. to late now.

i like the look of gary rowett, jackie macnamara at dundee utd and id even rather have chris powell than ramfukker.

QPR is now like the labour party to me...literally EVERY decision they take..i disagree with.

we'll meet up next season and have a few beers mate , as long as we dont resign beau brumel and greyfriars that is..
[Post edited 26 May 2015 10:53]

You two should get a room.
Maybe the one next door to a snoring Lenny Henry.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:58 - May 26 with 2428 viewsTacticalR

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:59 - May 26 by Lblock

Analogies and tragedies.....

Fact is its jobs for the boys and Bungle has painted himself into a corner yet again

He's bought the house, it was a right old fixer upper and they always have the potential to turn into a money pit -- especially if you're none too sure what you're doing and are new to the game.
The first builder was in place from previous owners but after a while Bungle wanted something a bit more flashier and a builder with a rep so Hughesless Construction were brought in and Bungle Beard Architecture appointed to oversee matters with a "money no object just build me a palatial gaff" brief given
Disaster! You're a brave man to give people that brief and not be about to oversee things! As often happens the ostrich approach ensues whilst your builders bullshit you that they know what they're doing and everything will be fine. Eventually the light is seen too late just as partial collapse is about to happen and that builder is sacked
Catastrophic error number 3 then occurs - Bungle takes exactly the same approach to recruiting builder number 3 and retains Bungle Beard to continue overseeing the process.
A once famous builder is sought out who is full of stories of his years in the trade, good patter and much dicing in of air through teeth, whistling, tutting, shaking of the head and gentle cursing when reviewing previous fellas work. The fact he's nearly pushed a few developers over the edge sending them bust before is over looked
More money thrown at the job, more disastrous plans not in keeping with the house and the site becomes a bit of a joke with the tradesmen basically doing what they liked. A reality check ensues when there actually is a partial collapse and Candleface Construction realise they need to get rid of a load of the blokes on site. He brings in some lads he used to work with but at further inflated cost and really the work is cosmetic but appears somehow to get the place looking like what Bungle wants. Doesn't take long for cracks to appear and further serious structural faults to surface. Instead of sacking the latest builder Bungle sticks to the Contract (quite right) and refuses to spend anymore to repair the damage so Candleface Construction walk off site much to the relief of many but now you're left with his trades blokes who really couldn't give a fcuk about your house and grand plans.
Total collapse!! Bungle is left standing in a pile of rubble and Bungle Beard Architecture exit stage left

So the place must be rebuilt. What to do? Appoint a tough no nonsense man to make harsh decisions as you've no money left?
No

Instead grab a couple of apprentices and a fella who has always been the van weasel never the driver and entrust them with the final make or break job on your precious development
Amazing

Very good Lblock.

Air hostess clique

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:01 - May 26 with 2415 viewsMvpeter

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:47 - May 26 by essextaxiboy

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/38376

This was only 6 weeks ago , I didnt see a great wave of negativity in response There are other threads with a good proportion in favour of CR getting the job . You say that " nobody wanted Ramsey , not even close " Thats not right, the names are there in the archives

There's a big difference between pleased with his attempt to do well during his caretaker reign and pleased for him to be given a three year contract

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:07 - May 26 with 2396 viewsRangersw12

I don't understand why people won't give him a chance with his own squad

It's also getting to the stage where it seems people now want him to fail so they can be proved right to a bunch of strangers on the internet

very odd behaviour
[Post edited 26 May 2015 11:08]
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:23 - May 26 with 2363 viewsTheBlob

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:07 - May 26 by Rangersw12

I don't understand why people won't give him a chance with his own squad

It's also getting to the stage where it seems people now want him to fail so they can be proved right to a bunch of strangers on the internet

very odd behaviour
[Post edited 26 May 2015 11:08]

You're talking about Harry,right?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:26 - May 26 with 2356 viewsJamie

We demand change. We want all the mercenaries out. We want young, hungry players, proud to represent QPR. We want a strong back room setup. We want scouts around the world picking up undiscovered gems for a pittance. We demand free flowing football. We demand over 100 goals a season. And we demand that now.

Ramsey has had over 3 months together with Les to get that all sorted. 3 fcking months. Who does he think he is, taking this great club for a ride.
[Post edited 26 May 2015 11:28]
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 12:26 - May 26 with 2299 viewswgchoop

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:26 - May 26 by Jamie

We demand change. We want all the mercenaries out. We want young, hungry players, proud to represent QPR. We want a strong back room setup. We want scouts around the world picking up undiscovered gems for a pittance. We demand free flowing football. We demand over 100 goals a season. And we demand that now.

Ramsey has had over 3 months together with Les to get that all sorted. 3 fcking months. Who does he think he is, taking this great club for a ride.

Bang on I insist Ramsey must accomplish all this by next Friday or face the sack I mean it's a joke how many champions league winning managers who are losing there jobs at the moment, and that tosser fernandes isn't hiring!!!! I mean they must be desperate to come to QPR what manager wouldn't ?????
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 12:42 - May 26 with 2259 viewsJigsore

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:15 - May 26 by fakekerby

What a constructive, grown up response to a debate for a club message board.

agreed, there wasn't nearly enough name-calling or doom-mongering for a post on this forum

maybe a 3 frame tumblr gif would help add the gloss of maturity to his post too

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 12:48 - May 26 with 2242 viewssimmo

Basically this. You can't moan and bitch about the club not focusing on enough of the things that fans really want from QPR and then complain when there's an aggressive change to actively pursue that. Nobody in management had more experience than Redknapp when he was in charge, and he was the antithesis of everything we want.

It's a risk, but 'proven' options in the past have fcked us, so let's go with the positives.

If you really do care so much about results and being in the premier league, you're probably supporting the wrong club.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 12:54 - May 26 with 2222 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 12:42 - May 26 by Jigsore

agreed, there wasn't nearly enough name-calling or doom-mongering for a post on this forum

maybe a 3 frame tumblr gif would help add the gloss of maturity to his post too

now now sweetheart dont have another SNIDE pop at me. Otherwise were going to fall out my little muse
[Post edited 26 May 2015 12:57]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 12:56 - May 26 with 2217 viewsDiscodroids

whose demanding all things?. i just want to love my club again, one with a soul.

im not demanding the finest manager known to humanity, just one that has a greater brain capacity the ian mckellans 'walter'

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:03 - May 26 with 2195 viewsSomersetHoops

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:04 - May 26 by bosh67

I think we are overlooking one thing.

THE FFP fine.

It's easy to say Warburton, Clement, etc etc would come in but if the resources are going to be small and with a possible transfer embargo, perhaps the route we have chosen is the only one for now.

Why would any 'manager' come to QPR while the club faces sanctions that could be ongoing for some time. What are we offering them?

This policy is baton down the hatches, go in a different direction, secure a team that knows what we are facing for now and go with that.

Whatever we think know is going on, we don't and that is why Ramsey and co have been very vocal in the last week about the club facing some tough sanctions and not knowing exactly what there is to work with.

Some people seem to be missing the dose of realism you have explained. Its not just the FFP issue either. Our whole playing squad will need to be replaced without massive money to spend. How many managers would subject their reputation to that level of risk?

In addition I would say of Clement, who I have nothing against, that training of superstars does not necessarily prepare you to extract the best from promising lower league players that we need to add to our squad. I think Ramsey has better experience for that job if he and our scouting resources can find the right players for him to work on.

In so many ways our scouting and choice of players by the DoF and whole management team are going to have more impact on our performance from now on. If we had started the process after re-gaining our place in the Premier League instead of continuing with out of date, out of touch Redcrapp who had no interest in the long term future of our club then things would be better now. From where we are, unless we can make some inspired player acquisitions, our future will be bleak, whoever the manager is.

Who's Next?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:13 - May 26 with 2179 viewsJigsore

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 12:54 - May 26 by Discodroids

now now sweetheart dont have another SNIDE pop at me. Otherwise were going to fall out my little muse
[Post edited 26 May 2015 12:57]

sorry darling, i wouldn't want us to say farewell on bad terms when your soul flees this mortal coil at the sight of greyfriars bobby captaining QPR to a 2-0 away loss at Preston next season

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:34 - May 26 with 2135 viewsBrixtonR

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:21 - May 26 by Mvpeter

People weren't screaming for youth to be thrown in for no reason. They were screaming during the very specific times where we put extremely round pegs into extremely square holes and signing players to not play. Aaron Hughes at wingback. Oychoi (Or whatever) and Chevanton. Specific instances like this. Nobody complained when Furlong played with no options. Nobody complained that Doughty came on for 5-10 at the end of games. They complained when Furlong was picked to start with no cover ahead of him and a recovered Isla on the bench. A decision taken because for some obscure reason South Americans aren't part of the Agenda.

It is not in any way like when Holloway took over. He was a 38 year old former R who'd already been successful as a football manager and was taking over a team sliding to league one in administration. Ramsey is a 53 year old career youth coach. He is actually older than Olly despite attempting to start his new career 19 years after Olly. The two situations are completely different. But no go ahead and believe that it's the fans that have changed and not the club.

'To me it always seemed that the majority on here wanted a manager who did more coaching, a manager looking to build a team, give youth a chance and not just look for more signings. '

You could have ended that sentence after 13 words and you would see that your description already is not applicable. This is not the person that anybody wanted, nowhere close and it's a little disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

Slaughtering THE DECISION is the only way that they will learn. No more of this 'oh hindsight, who was to know' bollocks that they peddle.

Spot On +1
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:34 - May 26 with 2133 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What makes this appointment all the more galling is that it comes off the back of an utterly dismal caretaker period. Regardless of the limitations of the squad I would expect a decent manager to make a better fist of it than Chris did. To earn a 3 year contract on the back of his performance as caretaker is a slap in the face for all those who truly care about Queens Park Rangers football club.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:37 - May 26 with 2127 viewsBrixtonR

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:48 - May 26 by fakekerby

Superb post.

I'm already tired of being told we've got "what we wanted", or told i'm impatient because i've not given him a chance. I'm sorry, but Ramsey has been a disaster.

I did NOT want the following:-

- Relegation with a whimper
- Worst form in the division
- ONE win at home
- Alienation of all the talented players in favour of "hard work" i.e. this chaps runs about a lot so let's use him
- SWP near the team
- Adel, Vargas, Isla nowhere near the team
- Old school hoof and hope tactics
- Being told someone is an excellent coach because ONE player has improved under him
- Being told despite several players becoming WORSE under him that he's such an excellent coach
- A 53 year old with ZERO top flight management experience in charge of my club at arguably the most important point in its history
- No interview process for a manager or a director of football
- To be told SWP and Barton are wonderful and the sun shines out of their backsides
- To be lied to and treated like I can't see what is happening on the pitch with my own eyes, i.e. "we lost 5-1 but with pride" - F OFF!
- My club captain calling out a club legend over twitter in front of the entire nation and then praised by the new manager while being criticised by the director of football, what a mess
- Kids thrown in without any protection or thought about who their opponents will be - yes there's never an easy game in the Prem - but Furlong vs. Sanchez was only going one way, whereas Furlong vs bottom half wingers, the kid may have stood a chance
- Managers like Warburton, McLaren not even considered, no interviews for others out there like Holloway, Hasselbaink, Sheringham, Derry, Ainsworth, Clough... loads of capable people not even considered.

I'm fully entitled, as a lot of us are, to be unhappy with the appointment. Very very entitled to have this opinion. And at least when it fails in 6 months I can say that with foresight I saw it all coming, because no doubt i'll be told at that point that "well with hindsight, it was obvious"... no, it's obvious NOW.

And as for those who tell me to "get behind the club, get behind the manager", I get no greater thrill than a saturday when we win and feel genuine unhappiness if we lose or let in a last minute goal, so I am fully behind the club, i'm just bloody worried and entitled to the opinion it has made another major mistake. And this one is far more obvious to me than the ones previous.

Spot on +1 as well
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:42 - May 26 with 2117 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:48 - May 26 by fakekerby

Superb post.

I'm already tired of being told we've got "what we wanted", or told i'm impatient because i've not given him a chance. I'm sorry, but Ramsey has been a disaster.

I did NOT want the following:-

- Relegation with a whimper
- Worst form in the division
- ONE win at home
- Alienation of all the talented players in favour of "hard work" i.e. this chaps runs about a lot so let's use him
- SWP near the team
- Adel, Vargas, Isla nowhere near the team
- Old school hoof and hope tactics
- Being told someone is an excellent coach because ONE player has improved under him
- Being told despite several players becoming WORSE under him that he's such an excellent coach
- A 53 year old with ZERO top flight management experience in charge of my club at arguably the most important point in its history
- No interview process for a manager or a director of football
- To be told SWP and Barton are wonderful and the sun shines out of their backsides
- To be lied to and treated like I can't see what is happening on the pitch with my own eyes, i.e. "we lost 5-1 but with pride" - F OFF!
- My club captain calling out a club legend over twitter in front of the entire nation and then praised by the new manager while being criticised by the director of football, what a mess
- Kids thrown in without any protection or thought about who their opponents will be - yes there's never an easy game in the Prem - but Furlong vs. Sanchez was only going one way, whereas Furlong vs bottom half wingers, the kid may have stood a chance
- Managers like Warburton, McLaren not even considered, no interviews for others out there like Holloway, Hasselbaink, Sheringham, Derry, Ainsworth, Clough... loads of capable people not even considered.

I'm fully entitled, as a lot of us are, to be unhappy with the appointment. Very very entitled to have this opinion. And at least when it fails in 6 months I can say that with foresight I saw it all coming, because no doubt i'll be told at that point that "well with hindsight, it was obvious"... no, it's obvious NOW.

And as for those who tell me to "get behind the club, get behind the manager", I get no greater thrill than a saturday when we win and feel genuine unhappiness if we lose or let in a last minute goal, so I am fully behind the club, i'm just bloody worried and entitled to the opinion it has made another major mistake. And this one is far more obvious to me than the ones previous.

Spot on.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:48 - May 26 with 2099 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:46 - May 26 by stuabd

What a great post! Perfectly put.

I have never felt so disappointed with an appointment as I do with this one. Doomed.

There are no reasons to appoint this bloke other than he can work with Les. To me, that's not enough.
[Post edited 26 May 2015 9:49]

Clearly you are no old enough to remember the appointment of PHart and Mullery and I will add Ian Dowie to that list

Then again, I am not disappointed in CR being made Head coach
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:56 - May 26 with 2077 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:13 - May 26 by Jigsore

sorry darling, i wouldn't want us to say farewell on bad terms when your soul flees this mortal coil at the sight of greyfriars bobby captaining QPR to a 2-0 away loss at Preston next season

good man jigsore.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 14:08 - May 26 with 2058 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:07 - May 26 by essextaxiboy

Why cant you get it ? They wont come without knowing what the budget is , they have to work with Ferdinand .They start with 15 odd players under contract with 3 or 4 likely to go and a bunch of untried kids . Its a poisoned chalice and we should get behind the bloke who is willing to take it on ..

QPR is not a poisoned chalice. We are where we are because of poor decisions, getting rid of Harry earlier and getting in a proven manager like other clubs did would have kept us up.

We have Ramsey because the chairman hasn't got a clue, no decent manager with any self respect wants to work under a DOF. The sooner the fans stop believing the spin that comes out of the club the better.

It's utter madness.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 14:13 - May 26 with 2059 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:03 - May 26 by SomersetHoops

Some people seem to be missing the dose of realism you have explained. Its not just the FFP issue either. Our whole playing squad will need to be replaced without massive money to spend. How many managers would subject their reputation to that level of risk?

In addition I would say of Clement, who I have nothing against, that training of superstars does not necessarily prepare you to extract the best from promising lower league players that we need to add to our squad. I think Ramsey has better experience for that job if he and our scouting resources can find the right players for him to work on.

In so many ways our scouting and choice of players by the DoF and whole management team are going to have more impact on our performance from now on. If we had started the process after re-gaining our place in the Premier League instead of continuing with out of date, out of touch Redcrapp who had no interest in the long term future of our club then things would be better now. From where we are, unless we can make some inspired player acquisitions, our future will be bleak, whoever the manager is.

Disagree, there are only 92 managerial jobs available and they are all coveted and attract plenty of interest.

I agree with everything fakekerby said TBH.

I'd be delighted if Ramsey (and Les) prove me wrong, but I fully expect him to be gone by Christmas.

The board say they are going to be patient and consolidate etc etc this time, but when we slump to 21st in the Championship by November they will change their tune quickly.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 15:18 - May 26 with 2019 viewsloftus77

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 14:13 - May 26 by adhoc_qpr

Disagree, there are only 92 managerial jobs available and they are all coveted and attract plenty of interest.

I agree with everything fakekerby said TBH.

I'd be delighted if Ramsey (and Les) prove me wrong, but I fully expect him to be gone by Christmas.

The board say they are going to be patient and consolidate etc etc this time, but when we slump to 21st in the Championship by November they will change their tune quickly.

Agree, but don't you mean 24th in the Championship? 21st I could live with all through the season.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 15:20 - May 26 with 2014 viewsCamberleyR

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 14:08 - May 26 by SpiritofGregory

QPR is not a poisoned chalice. We are where we are because of poor decisions, getting rid of Harry earlier and getting in a proven manager like other clubs did would have kept us up.

We have Ramsey because the chairman hasn't got a clue, no decent manager with any self respect wants to work under a DOF. The sooner the fans stop believing the spin that comes out of the club the better.

It's utter madness.

"no decent manager with any self respect wants to work under a DOF"

Utter nonsense. Koeman does so at Southampton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-g

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 15:44 - May 26 with 1969 viewsdaveB

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 15:20 - May 26 by CamberleyR

"no decent manager with any self respect wants to work under a DOF"

Utter nonsense. Koeman does so at Southampton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-g

Guardiola does as well
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 15:49 - May 26 with 1955 viewsJamie

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 15:44 - May 26 by daveB

Guardiola does as well

And Mourinho under Michael Emenalo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024