Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey is and will be a disaster 22:11 - May 25 with 20629 viewsWestbourneR

Of all the terrible decisions TF has made giving Ramsey a long term contract takes the biscuit.

Mark my words he'll be fired after 15 games next season. I just hope he's goes in time for someone else to turn it around.

How you can give someone the job when they've got a record as caretaker like that is totally beyond me. People say 'he took over a bad situation' well he succeeded in making it even worse!

The worst bit is we're missing out on great people like Warburton, Clement and McLaren too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 23:02 - May 26 with 2868 viewsHitch

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:13 - May 26 by Jigsore

sorry darling, i wouldn't want us to say farewell on bad terms when your soul flees this mortal coil at the sight of greyfriars bobby captaining QPR to a 2-0 away loss at Preston next season

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 06:30 - May 27 with 2748 viewsstuabd

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 13:48 - May 26 by GetMeRangers

Clearly you are no old enough to remember the appointment of PHart and Mullery and I will add Ian Dowie to that list

Then again, I am not disappointed in CR being made Head coach

Nope, old enough unfortunately to remember those appointments. I was actually quite excited about Dowie. In fact I'd rather have him than Ramsey. Remember who he was working for.

Glad you're not disappointed based on the fact that we've had unsuccessful managers in the past. My opinion is based on what Ramsey is like now. We obviously disagree. Hope I'm wrong.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:13 - May 27 with 2643 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 06:30 - May 27 by stuabd

Nope, old enough unfortunately to remember those appointments. I was actually quite excited about Dowie. In fact I'd rather have him than Ramsey. Remember who he was working for.

Glad you're not disappointed based on the fact that we've had unsuccessful managers in the past. My opinion is based on what Ramsey is like now. We obviously disagree. Hope I'm wrong.

Dowie has greatest win rate of any QPR manager in history.

Just saying.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:15 - May 27 with 2647 viewsMonahoop

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:16 - May 26 by loftus77

I just hope that, whatever else he does, Chris Ramsey takes all of the squad off to warm weather training in Dubai at some point.

That will solve all our problems.

Kind of thinking along those lines myself.

I can see it now.

CR after the debacle at Leicester, rushed off down to his local W H Smiths and purchased a copy of Football Management for Dummies.

Having rid the R's of some of their more 'talented' players and kept the dirges ie SWP, Caulker, Taraabt , he plunges into the Combined Counties League and press gangs anyone at that level who looks like they can half kick a football to join the said villains.

Instead of a sensible pre season campaign, our intrepid new boss takes his underlings on a golfing holiday in the sunny Algarve and then on the eve of the new campaign one of the squad dares to pose the question of ' Duhh, shouldn't we have done a bit of football practice boss'?

Mark my words, I can see it all working out well with this well intended fellow in the end. ....... ......... ......

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:24 - May 27 with 2626 viewsDiscodroids

Ramsey you say ??...

smithers ! ..release the hounds.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:16 - May 27 with 2615 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:13 - May 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Dowie has greatest win rate of any QPR manager in history.

Just saying.

Playing some of the most dire football. If following the Rs is about winning then we are all following the wrong team. I cant be alone that wants to see entertaining football.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:48 - May 27 with 2567 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:16 - May 27 by GetMeRangers

Playing some of the most dire football. If following the Rs is about winning then we are all following the wrong team. I cant be alone that wants to see entertaining football.

Naturally I want to be entertained but I certainly don't follow the Rs because I have a penchant for losing.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:10 - May 29 with 2498 viewsJonDoeman

Time to get behind the Ramsey revolution!!

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:16 - May 29 with 2481 viewsPommyhoop

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:10 - May 29 by JonDoeman

On it already J.D.
Nice couple of days work with the new signings and the clear out of the toxic, the shi,t and the just too old now. Statement of intent !!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:27 - May 29 with 2456 viewstimcocking

Are you one of the people who proclaimed after two days that Esteban Granero was THE greatest signing QPR had ever made, period?
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:05 - May 29 with 2392 viewsPommyhoop

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:27 - May 29 by timcocking

Are you one of the people who proclaimed after two days that Esteban Granero was THE greatest signing QPR had ever made, period?

Who me ?? Yeah you've got me sussed mate.
THE greatest signing we've ever made !
I love him so much that my favourite singer is Josh Groban purely because he reminds me of the little Pirate fella.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 09:57 - May 29 with 2341 viewsTHEBUSH

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:10 - May 29 by JonDoeman

Ramsey will live or die on the new players he brings into our club.

So far it seems he's on the right track
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:05 - May 29 with 2320 viewsHunterhoop

If you're not willing to support Ramsey (and Les) and this change in approach they are clearly bringing, you really need to have a word with yourself.

This is exactly the approach we've been screaming for, for several years. They are making a conscious effort to turn QPR into the club we want it to be.

Yes, Ramsey will make selections you disagree with. Yes, we'll probably sign and let go the odd player you disagree with (though I currently agree with every move on this front so far). Yes, with a young side, we'll probably get turned over now and again. But, if QPR play young, hungry players, who see us as a step up, and we have a go, and we focus on the local community, and we keep prices affordable and standards are set throughout the club and the players give 100%, ...we've got our club back.

I don't see how Les and Ramsey can't have everyone's full backing.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:17 - May 29 with 2294 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:05 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

If you're not willing to support Ramsey (and Les) and this change in approach they are clearly bringing, you really need to have a word with yourself.

This is exactly the approach we've been screaming for, for several years. They are making a conscious effort to turn QPR into the club we want it to be.

Yes, Ramsey will make selections you disagree with. Yes, we'll probably sign and let go the odd player you disagree with (though I currently agree with every move on this front so far). Yes, with a young side, we'll probably get turned over now and again. But, if QPR play young, hungry players, who see us as a step up, and we have a go, and we focus on the local community, and we keep prices affordable and standards are set throughout the club and the players give 100%, ...we've got our club back.

I don't see how Les and Ramsey can't have everyone's full backing.

Ramsey and Les will have everyone's backing, but some of us have a few misgivings which are perfectly legitimate.

Over to them now and so far, so good but a lot of hard work to do this summer.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:20 - May 29 with 2287 viewsPommyhoop

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:17 - May 29 by adhoc_qpr

Ramsey and Les will have everyone's backing, but some of us have a few misgivings which are perfectly legitimate.

Over to them now and so far, so good but a lot of hard work to do this summer.

And maybe a little bit of patience eh?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:26 - May 29 with 2264 viewsDiscodroids

thought ramfukker set the limbo bar lower than victoria beckham on the f plan , up to 4.50pm on the final day of the season.

since then, i couldnt have asked for more, other than karl henry being flung out with the detritus.

hes got some way to go before he can convince me he has been cast from enzo bearzots rib , but ill stop calling him ramfukker.

i know hes got soul.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:32 - May 29 with 2254 viewsTonto

I know this is a message board, and therefore, everyone (including myself) is prone to exaggeration, but to call Ramsay a disaster is beyond that.

I will accept he is a big RISK. he is unproven as a manger, and results didn't exactly go his way since he took charge.

But even the most flagrant anti-Ramsey fan has to admit there were positives - and as Hunter eloquently pointed out above, the sort of positives that many have been crying out for...

Yes he will be judged on results, but in some ways that's a shame, because the club is trying to change the culture here, which is a big impediment to the former, so as long as he avoids relegation again he's done the job in my eyes...

we need to take the LONG TERM view, not the normal hire and fire short termism the club has been associated with for too long!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:41 - May 29 with 2243 viewsPommyhoop

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:32 - May 29 by Tonto

I know this is a message board, and therefore, everyone (including myself) is prone to exaggeration, but to call Ramsay a disaster is beyond that.

I will accept he is a big RISK. he is unproven as a manger, and results didn't exactly go his way since he took charge.

But even the most flagrant anti-Ramsey fan has to admit there were positives - and as Hunter eloquently pointed out above, the sort of positives that many have been crying out for...

Yes he will be judged on results, but in some ways that's a shame, because the club is trying to change the culture here, which is a big impediment to the former, so as long as he avoids relegation again he's done the job in my eyes...

we need to take the LONG TERM view, not the normal hire and fire short termism the club has been associated with for too long!

Yep Tonto bang on . What pisses me off is that even though we all agree and realise that now is the start of a long term change,building from the bottom and the end of throwing money at it and demanding results, people are giving CR f'cking far less 'rope' than H got after that shyster c'nt joined our club.Some sorry c'nts have even hinted we were better off under him...

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:52 - May 29 with 2211 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:26 - May 29 by Discodroids

thought ramfukker set the limbo bar lower than victoria beckham on the f plan , up to 4.50pm on the final day of the season.

since then, i couldnt have asked for more, other than karl henry being flung out with the detritus.

hes got some way to go before he can convince me he has been cast from enzo bearzots rib , but ill stop calling him ramfukker.

i know hes got soul.

If he didn't he wouldn't be in here ;)
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:54 - May 29 with 2198 viewsTacticalR

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:27 - May 29 by timcocking

A spanish treasure? Or just a bit precious?

Air hostess clique

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:00 - May 29 with 2182 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:20 - May 29 by Pommyhoop

And maybe a little bit of patience eh?

The fans will have more patience than the board next season I bet...

Ramsey is a simply big risk as Tonto says.

Plenty of positives but also plenty of negatives, we'll see how it works out.

I'd just feel happier if we'd gone through a proper process and interviewed the best applicants, rather than appoint the man who happened to be in place, seemingly under qualified and with a shocking record in charge to date.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:10 - May 29 with 2163 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm liking the way things are going which is strange as we've just been relegated in a manner that makes the fall of Belgium look like an
epic defence.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:10 - May 29 with 2163 viewsFDC

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 10:32 - May 29 by Tonto

Well said

Yes he will be judged on results, but in some ways that's a shame, because the club is trying to change the culture here, which is a big impediment to the former

This is the thing, plenty on here aren't on that page, but I think / hope ad hoc is right and the inevitable message board histrionics don't translate to supporters getting on his back next season.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:18 - May 29 with 2133 viewsTacticalR

message board histrionics

Air hostess clique

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:21 - May 29 with 2127 viewsMvpeter

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 11:10 - May 29 by FDC

Well said

Yes he will be judged on results, but in some ways that's a shame, because the club is trying to change the culture here, which is a big impediment to the former

This is the thing, plenty on here aren't on that page, but I think / hope ad hoc is right and the inevitable message board histrionics don't translate to supporters getting on his back next season.

Tbf there's been no plan for four years and beyond.

It's a little galling to be told to be patient and see what happens long term when you're signing Rio Ferdinand and Jose Bosingwa. Until this year the 'wait and see' has just been to buy time as they had no idea what was happening rather than an honest call for patience.

It was a bit like the decorators telling you just to be patient while you watch your house burn down.

Whereas now the call for patience will probably have merit.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024