Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey is and will be a disaster 22:11 - May 25 with 20728 viewsWestbourneR

Of all the terrible decisions TF has made giving Ramsey a long term contract takes the biscuit.

Mark my words he'll be fired after 15 games next season. I just hope he's goes in time for someone else to turn it around.

How you can give someone the job when they've got a record as caretaker like that is totally beyond me. People say 'he took over a bad situation' well he succeeded in making it even worse!

The worst bit is we're missing out on great people like Warburton, Clement and McLaren too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 22:14 - May 25 with 7002 viewsbosh67

I ain't the most perceptive of people, but something is telling me that you ain't too happy with his appointment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 22:32 - May 25 with 6930 viewsHOOPNO7

I am willing to give CR a chance, but what I don't understand is why TF did not interview anyone else. Who was the dream manager TF was tweeting about? What did CR do to justify being given the job? I doubt TF will give any answers to these questions.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 22:34 - May 25 with 6894 viewsSpiritofGregory

Another ridiculous decision - we're rewarding failure. Even when there are quality managers like Warburton available we don't grab him. I just don't understand it.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 22:38 - May 25 with 6901 viewshighleverhoopL

Never mind Ramsey. His, or his successors, chances will be largely determined by what Les does between now and deadline day in the biggest rebuilding job since the San Francisco Earthquake.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 23:22 - May 25 with 6819 viewsQPR1882

Can you imagine any CEO/Owner of a company chatting to the head of HR.

That managers job for the sales team hows is that coming along

oh we filled that position

great, i take it we went through a stringent interview process to make sure we got the right candidate

Oh no i just gave the job to a mate i used to work with
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 00:00 - May 26 with 6763 viewsWoodlaneR

Im willing to give him a chance but ultimately I have to agree. I reckon he will be gone before the halfway point.

Its another example of TF going to extremes to be seen as the good guy. He tried the " splash the cash, sign big names" route which hasnt worked and now because everyone says the whole ethos of the club needs to change he appoints from within, despite the poor "probation period" and without waiting a couple of weeks to see who may be available.

I agree the club needs a different strategy but im sure an already proven manager would have taken the challenge.
For me this appointment sends out the wrong message.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 00:00 - May 26 with 6758 viewsdaveB

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 22:32 - May 25 by HOOPNO7

I am willing to give CR a chance, but what I don't understand is why TF did not interview anyone else. Who was the dream manager TF was tweeting about? What did CR do to justify being given the job? I doubt TF will give any answers to these questions.

The dream manager was Clement, not sure he's any better than Ramsey, completely unproven could be great could be crap, same as Ramsey really.

QPR haven't interviewed for the managers job since Jim Magilton got the job, last one before that wads when Holloway got the job. I think you should always interview for a managers job but the job has been available since February and if the likes of Warburton wanted it their agents would have been pushing their name forward to the club, I'm not sure many see the job as it stands today as appealing, It'll be a far better job to take in a years time when the hard decisions have been taken.

Ramsey has got the job we need to just get on with it and hope he does well, the abuse he's getting on here is really disappointing to read, he ticks all the boxes we screamed for when Redknapp was getting slated now we want something different again.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 02:04 - May 26 with 6670 viewsLofthope

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 23:22 - May 25 by QPR1882

Can you imagine any CEO/Owner of a company chatting to the head of HR.

That managers job for the sales team hows is that coming along

oh we filled that position

great, i take it we went through a stringent interview process to make sure we got the right candidate

Oh no i just gave the job to a mate i used to work with

I have no idea of current stats, but a few years back I read an article claiming that most/many of the best jobs in business are never advertised. That doesn't mean there are not multiple interviews, but people are often targeted, approached, sounded and privately invited to interviews. Outside of the Politically Correct Civil Service and larger organisations, I believe networking, reputation and track record plays a big role in getting work, I see it happen.

Big organisations have HR departments but as you move down the size scale this becomes less common. Apart from that, I'd be alarmed if HR were recruiting sales people, surely the sales experts should know better what they are looking for?...albeit that HR people might facilitate the process. Would you trust bureaucrats from HR to make decisions on something dynamic and critical to a business as sales?

Apart from that, football managers are fairly visible, QPR probably have an idea of who might be available, just because there weren't publicised interviews, there may have been approaches and soundings made. I have had discreet approaches from rival businesses in my field of work recently, it happens. Similarly, I'd like to think that players/managers are bought primarily for their skills, rather than their eloquence at an interview! This is a results game, not the public Sector after all.

In other words the process may not be as flawed as you perceive. For all that, I do think that this is a big gamble and am not overtly celebrating. I will, however, give CR a chance.

That said, I believe that there is a change in approach and the UK is moving towards the European approach of a Sports Director and a head coach. Decent old style managers are not going to want to coach under that system, and if that's our style with Les Ferdinand we'd have possibly ended up with a bunch of well worn desperate out of work old school managers applying for any advertised interviews anyway.

Finally, they may have secretly interviewed several people but didn't make it public as it might undermine CR's position.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 04:01 - May 26 with 6632 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 00:00 - May 26 by daveB

The dream manager was Clement, not sure he's any better than Ramsey, completely unproven could be great could be crap, same as Ramsey really.

QPR haven't interviewed for the managers job since Jim Magilton got the job, last one before that wads when Holloway got the job. I think you should always interview for a managers job but the job has been available since February and if the likes of Warburton wanted it their agents would have been pushing their name forward to the club, I'm not sure many see the job as it stands today as appealing, It'll be a far better job to take in a years time when the hard decisions have been taken.

Ramsey has got the job we need to just get on with it and hope he does well, the abuse he's getting on here is really disappointing to read, he ticks all the boxes we screamed for when Redknapp was getting slated now we want something different again.

Not sure what you were screaming for but for me he hardly ticks any of the boxes (unless your boxes are inexperienced, poor win ratio and cheap option).
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 04:30 - May 26 with 6613 viewstimcocking

Amazing, you have a working crystal ball?!
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 04:55 - May 26 with 6606 viewsFloridaR

Clement No. 2 at Real Madrid training the likes of Ronaldo and Rodriguez every week, & your not sure if he's better than youth coach Ramsey.
smh

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 06:21 - May 26 with 6556 viewsHitch

Just interested um, of the 15 games how many do we win?
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 06:56 - May 26 with 6510 viewsdaveB

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 04:55 - May 26 by FloridaR

Clement No. 2 at Real Madrid training the likes of Ronaldo and Rodriguez every week, & your not sure if he's better than youth coach Ramsey.
smh

never been a manager before sand with the players at his disposal and the fact they won nothing again not sure it says much for him
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:04 - May 26 with 6492 viewsbosh67

I think we are overlooking one thing.

THE FFP fine.

It's easy to say Warburton, Clement, etc etc would come in but if the resources are going to be small and with a possible transfer embargo, perhaps the route we have chosen is the only one for now.

Why would any 'manager' come to QPR while the club faces sanctions that could be ongoing for some time. What are we offering them?

This policy is baton down the hatches, go in a different direction, secure a team that knows what we are facing for now and go with that.

Whatever we think know is going on, we don't and that is why Ramsey and co have been very vocal in the last week about the club facing some tough sanctions and not knowing exactly what there is to work with.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:10 - May 26 with 6484 viewsdaveB

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 04:01 - May 26 by Benny_the_Ball

Not sure what you were screaming for but for me he hardly ticks any of the boxes (unless your boxes are inexperienced, poor win ratio and cheap option).

I wasn't screaming for anything, my opinion when Redknapps head was being called for was that if we give someone else the job they won't have a magic switch and would struggle to get results with the same players, especially as we didn't have another bottom half team at home to play. Also felt that if a new man came in and gave the kids a chance etc we'd quickly be calling for a different kind of manager which is exactly what happened.

I always felt it was best to leave Redknapp in charge, take the relegation and start again in the summer with a new man being given time. As it's happened the nonsense knee story and him bottling it meant we had no real choice but it's meant the new man is going to carry the can into next season. It's similar to when Holloway took over but back then we were a bit more realistic about the club and Holloway was given time, thats not going to happen this time. Patience and common sense left this building a long time ago,

To me it always seemed that the majority on here wanted a manager who did more coaching, a manager looking to build a team, give youth a chance and not just look for more signings. That is what Ramsey will do. The results this season have been poor but it's with someone else's team. I think that now he has the job and the opportunity to put his own team together that is what he should be judged on. He may well be a disaster but he's got the job and slaughtering the bloke before he's got started seems pointless to me.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:37 - May 26 with 6422 viewsjohncharles

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 04:55 - May 26 by FloridaR

smh

I think coaching Ronaldo and Co. would be a lot easier than coaching our lot.

Strong and stable my arse.

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:55 - May 26 with 6377 viewsDiscodroids

ramfukker, the best caretaker since norman potter.

you cant teach an old desert rat new tricks, the mean mode and median of misty buff, magnolia of utter shit.

the puppet wouldnt look out of place on sesame street , wouldnt be suprised to see fernandes ride him in to w12 next season like bernie clifton doing the london marathon on his ostrich.

the man makes ian duncan smith look like ernesto che guevara.

mindblowing , lobotomised, nurse ratchett stuff from the meglamaniac Marvel comic book super villain in charge

the city and leicester games were a total and complete abdication of responsibility from all concerned.

the look on fernades and les's face said it all at the end.

shell shock. a spell in the trenches at ypres couldnt have produced a greater look of fear on their collective mushes. siegfried sassoon couldnt have helped them.

i though the ramfukker was going to cry into pearsons arms at the end like viven leigh in clarke gables arms.pathetic.weak as piss.

gone with a wimper.into the void.
[Post edited 26 May 2015 8:23]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:56 - May 26 with 6380 viewsElHoop

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:04 - May 26 by bosh67

THE FFP fine.

It's easy to say Warburton, Clement, etc etc would come in but if the resources are going to be small and with a possible transfer embargo, perhaps the route we have chosen is the only one for now.

Why would any 'manager' come to QPR while the club faces sanctions that could be ongoing for some time. What are we offering them?

This policy is baton down the hatches, go in a different direction, secure a team that knows what we are facing for now and go with that.

Whatever we think know is going on, we don't and that is why Ramsey and co have been very vocal in the last week about the club facing some tough sanctions and not knowing exactly what there is to work with.

This is spot on the money.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 07:59 - May 26 with 6367 viewsLblock

Analogies and tragedies.....

Fact is its jobs for the boys and Bungle has painted himself into a corner yet again

He's bought the house, it was a right old fixer upper and they always have the potential to turn into a money pit -- especially if you're none too sure what you're doing and are new to the game.
The first builder was in place from previous owners but after a while Bungle wanted something a bit more flashier and a builder with a rep so Hughesless Construction were brought in and Bungle Beard Architecture appointed to oversee matters with a "money no object just build me a palatial gaff" brief given
Disaster! You're a brave man to give people that brief and not be about to oversee things! As often happens the ostrich approach ensues whilst your builders bullshit you that they know what they're doing and everything will be fine. Eventually the light is seen too late just as partial collapse is about to happen and that builder is sacked
Catastrophic error number 3 then occurs - Bungle takes exactly the same approach to recruiting builder number 3 and retains Bungle Beard to continue overseeing the process.
A once famous builder is sought out who is full of stories of his years in the trade, good patter and much dicing in of air through teeth, whistling, tutting, shaking of the head and gentle cursing when reviewing previous fellas work. The fact he's nearly pushed a few developers over the edge sending them bust before is over looked
More money thrown at the job, more disastrous plans not in keeping with the house and the site becomes a bit of a joke with the tradesmen basically doing what they liked. A reality check ensues when there actually is a partial collapse and Candleface Construction realise they need to get rid of a load of the blokes on site. He brings in some lads he used to work with but at further inflated cost and really the work is cosmetic but appears somehow to get the place looking like what Bungle wants. Doesn't take long for cracks to appear and further serious structural faults to surface. Instead of sacking the latest builder Bungle sticks to the Contract (quite right) and refuses to spend anymore to repair the damage so Candleface Construction walk off site much to the relief of many but now you're left with his trades blokes who really couldn't give a fcuk about your house and grand plans.
Total collapse!! Bungle is left standing in a pile of rubble and Bungle Beard Architecture exit stage left

So the place must be rebuilt. What to do? Appoint a tough no nonsense man to make harsh decisions as you've no money left?
No

Instead grab a couple of apprentices and a fella who has always been the van weasel never the driver and entrust them with the final make or break job on your precious development
Amazing

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:20 - May 26 with 6311 viewsDiscodroids

just in case anyone Missed it, according to gladys knight our 'manager', we've been pretty good other than the man city game and 2o minutes against palace, and we can take pride in the performance against the foxes.

these free tony fernandes approved nobbys nuts , are obviously more powerful than mould on shredded wheat and bath salts in w.anky little blags with smiley faces on them.

perhaps ramsey should carry the same health warning as the bath salts on his tramps hat ..not for consumption.

lets not be too negative ..mark wright from the only way is essex , got married to that sort from corrie at the weekend , whenever we get flipped over like a spanish omelette next season with this melter on the touchline pouting his lips like diana ross , simply follow mark or his mate joey essex for a PMA ! tweet....

joey esseX @towie may 17
How true is this "When you're happy you enjoy the music but when you're sad you understand the lyrics."Enjoy the music and have a nice dayX PMA!

'ARG'Michael j Norcross @micky_norcross · APR18
Always Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder. #PMA! X
0 replies 35 retweets 45 favorites

Works for me everytime....PMA!

dont worry lads, we may have just gone 5 nil down to Huddersfield, but Chris is pouting like one of martha reeves and the vandellas backing singers, with a bit of luck we might get a chorus of 'heatwave' PMA!

[Post edited 26 May 2015 8:43]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:33 - May 26 with 6287 viewsstuabd

You obviously want the bloke to succeed but it just seems like a mistake. Caretaker until the end of the season? Fine, but I think it's a mistake to go with him full-time. When Clive does his review of Tony's reign, this could be one of the decisions that sits on top of the compost heap of other crap decisions he's made.

If he's so well-regarded in the game and had aspirations of being a manager then surely he could have got a job managing a league 1 team. Hone his skills and then go for a bigger job.

Barton talks about Rammers being a breath of fresh but I think that's because Barton has probably had a say in recent team selections and tactics. Ramsay is exactly the sort of manager that Barton would want now he's coming to the end of his contract.

If it had been anyone with some kind of recent track record of success in a decent league, you'd at least have some hope that the manager would be able to get us going. With Ramsay all I think about is what happened to Wolves.
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:41 - May 26 with 6257 viewsYorkRanger

Well said Dave.

God knows why we have another Ramsey thread, nothing on here that isnt on PP's thread...
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:48 - May 26 with 6210 viewsSpiritofGregory

Warburton didn't want the job because he wants to be a manager. He didn't want to work under a DOF.

Of course Ramsey took the job he knows Les and it's a chance of a life time for him.
[Post edited 26 May 2015 8:54]
Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:55 - May 26 with 6215 viewsDejR_vu

THE FFP fine.

This club is toxic. Nobody of any quality with any sort of track record would want to come here.

The mistake was giving it to CR in February. It was the wrong decision but having made it, the situation now is a whole lot worse. I suspect we have very few options.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ramsey is and will be a disaster on 08:57 - May 26 with 6173 viewsSpiritofGregory

THE FFP fine.

Why give him a 3 year contract? He never should have got the caretakers role in the first place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024