Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fox Hunting 08:39 - May 26 with 9851 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

If, like me, you think this cruel "sport" should remain banned, please click on the following link and add your name to the cause to stop D.Cameron from attempting to repeal the current existing fox hunting ban:

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/do-not-repeal-the-fox-hunting-ban
Fox Hunting on 20:14 - May 26 with 2339 viewsBrightonhoop

Fox Hunting on 18:47 - May 26 by TheBlob

In a town in Spain(can't remember which)once a year - religious festival,what else? - supposed to symbolise the chucking out of The Moors.

Both the Spanish and UK hunters are vile. Here they hang the hunting dogs in trees after the season so they don't have to feed them through the winter. Mental. I've managed to send two out to the UK but it's a drop in the ocean.

Why any Govt would want to end the ban in England is beyond comprehension. Sick bustards.
Fox Hunting on 21:04 - May 26 with 2291 viewsMonahoop

Fox Hunting on 18:47 - May 26 by TheBlob

In a town in Spain(can't remember which)once a year - religious festival,what else? - supposed to symbolise the chucking out of The Moors.

Chucking a live donkey or any animal off a tower is sickeningly cruel and clearly in my eyes shouldn't happen, but I guess the Spanish race has a history of chucking things off towers and cliffs for both political and for religious reasons.

I hate animal cruelty in all it's evil forms to both wild and domestic creatures and that goes for those thuggish red necks who go bounding around the countryside in 4 x 4's and Toyota [ red neck ] trucks at night shooting anything on four legs for fun. Lamping they all it. Even the local hunters where I live hate those numb skulls.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Fox Hunting on 00:04 - May 27 with 2207 viewsGetMeRangers

Fox Hunting on 19:36 - May 26 by johncharles

Shooting foxes that are causing problems is dead easy. All this stuff about hunting being an efficient way of control is just bollox.
Some years ago my (retired) Dad told me about a neighbour of ours. He said "do you remember old Glyn ? Old Glyn ? My Dad was about 75 at the time so I guess Glyn would north of 85. He had a fox trying to get at his chickens so next night, he went and hid in the old stable next to the henhouse and waited. Along came the fox, off went the 12 bore " If an old guy of at least 85 can do it how come we're asked to believe it takes 30 horsemen and between fifty and a hundred dogs?

I dont want to pick a fight about the ease. However, a chicken run is a little different to foxes at lambing, which is the case I was involved with when I was a young man

On my nursery I have a foxes. There isnt an over population. Cubs each spring but it is only the same male fox I generally see. He does a job for me, keeping down the rabbits and when I catch rats, he removes the carcass if I leave it out at night. If I had to feed him, it would be tax deductible like my nursery cats, which keep down the voles, mice and baby bunnies. It is nature in balance

However, I have had occasions when the rabbits get out of control. Lamping is the most efficient method of despatch... though I am on foot rather than in a 4x4. I take absolutely no pleasure in this whatsoever. I actually feel rather nauseous when I shoot rabbits... or pigeons... or magpies. But it is necessary. Pigeons get into the greenhouses and then can not work their way out and smash the windows in their escape. Magpies... I like song birds and there are no predators so I try to keep their numbers under control. The skylarks are testament that it is a good idea to control the magpies.

Being a farmer or grower isnt just about producing, it is about managing the countryside and environment around you. I havent had to use pesticides for over two years as I have a natural balance of beneficial insects and use soil incorporated nematodes to control vine weevil.

If I am honest, there needs to be more hunting... of deer. There is an ecological disaster happening as their numbers spiral out of control.

But that is just a rural view. The argument here is about whether people should be deriving enjoyment from a need to manage the countryside and what is the best method. However, the healthiest fox populations are where fox hunting takes place and is supported. East anglia is an example of an area where it isnt supported and I quite believe that they capture foxes to have something to hunt... vile and barbaric, but a county with a poor fox population

I am being very hypocritical, but as I want to see the countryside with foxes, I believe it is necessary to have hunting. I am having a guess, but I believe that much of the dislike of hunting is the followers, rather than the hunters, because there seems to be less resistance to men hunting foxes with a gun.The distinction between hunters and hunting as a sport - necessity versus pleasure. I shoot birds out of necessity but despise those that take pleasure from shooting pheasants
Fox Hunting on 01:15 - May 27 with 2189 viewsWanderR

A free vote on fox hunting was in the Tory manifesto. It was one of those promises that I suspect Cameron never thought he would have to act on as the Lib Dems would stop it from ever seeing the light of day. As it is he'll need to go through with it at some point to pacify his right wing backbenchers but it's unlikely to happen in this Parliament and as it's a free vote there's absolutely no guarantee that it will pass with the Tories' wafer thin majority. If you feel strongly about it, in either direction, then this is one of those times when petitioning your MP will actually produce a result.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

Current location: OX10

Fox Hunting on 02:12 - May 27 with 2182 viewsCanadaRanger

I am reminded of a French dignitary who, one winter, was invited to tour a certain other football club. He was chaufeur driven to the ground for a VIP welcome. The host, wishing to impress, could not help but compliment him on his fine suit... and his very unusual fox fur hat. He enquired as to where the guest had obtained such excellent fashion sense. The guest replied that he could not take credit for choice, as his wife had suggested he wear it. He had said to her that morning, "I'm going to Stamford Breedge... ", to which she had replied, "Stamford Breedge? Ware da fox hat..."

(coat)
Fox Hunting on 02:30 - May 27 with 2180 viewsbarabajagal

I agree that it is the worse form of entertainment. Surely a bunch of mates can get together with a land owner and tear through the countryside at express pace without having to watch an animal ripped apart at the seams. However, as I understand, abattoirs are pretty grim places, and unnecessary because of the alternatives. Surely the lipping of lips and patting of stomachs after an enormous steak meal or bacon sandwich is in the same ball park as 'toffs' tally-hoing at the sight of the doomed fox? Now then, please remember it's 2.30am and I'm drunk.... Again.
Fox Hunting on 03:22 - May 27 with 2168 viewsFredManRave

Q. What's the difference between a dog and a fox?

A. About 8 pints.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fox Hunting on 04:48 - May 27 with 2159 viewstimcocking

Signed
Login to get fewer ads

Fox Hunting on 08:50 - May 27 with 2127 viewsSuffolk

Detestable sport. Signed.
Fox Hunting on 09:01 - May 27 with 2113 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Amazing .

Everyone on here against fox hunting yet somehow the Tories got a majority.

Almost as if people don't know what they are voting for.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 9:22]
Fox Hunting on 09:05 - May 27 with 2105 viewsDiscodroids

just had a good laugh looking at the #labour must win twitter site, with cameron being compared to hitler.

do foxes really bite childrens faces off?? as some claim ??..i think its a myth perpetuated by queen axe man ,brian may to deflect attention from his badgers.

surely badgers are a problem..i read that the hedgehog population had fallen to 200,000 nationwide dur to them being hunted by said badgers..

brian may is to badgers as lord haw haw was to the nazi's.

i dont understand country ways , where they spend half their lives sunk to the nuts up each other , pissed out of their skull on scrumpy, writhing about under a mayople dancing to lindisfarne, uriah heep and the fkn levellers ,and i'll thank them very much to keep out of my city affairs.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 9:10]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Fox Hunting on 09:13 - May 27 with 2088 viewsTheBlob

Fox Hunting on 02:30 - May 27 by barabajagal

I agree that it is the worse form of entertainment. Surely a bunch of mates can get together with a land owner and tear through the countryside at express pace without having to watch an animal ripped apart at the seams. However, as I understand, abattoirs are pretty grim places, and unnecessary because of the alternatives. Surely the lipping of lips and patting of stomachs after an enormous steak meal or bacon sandwich is in the same ball park as 'toffs' tally-hoing at the sight of the doomed fox? Now then, please remember it's 2.30am and I'm drunk.... Again.

Well that's the conundrum isn't it?We love our furry and hirsute animals - even more so when surrounded by roast spuds(and yes,guilty as charged).Unfortunately in a closed environment we all feed off death to survive.And don't forget vegetable life has some sentiency-just because they don't move around and make funny noises doesn't mean they're not "alive".It'll only be when the human race has perfected the CHON foods will we free of this constant slaughter.
You can feasibly make edible substances out of any organic material if you get the matrix right- even human waste,I know ....I've been to Burger King.

But as Oscar Wilde put it,fox hunting is just "the unspeakable in full pursuit of the uneatable"
Abbattoirs are an abomination,ditto religious variations.Bullets aren't expensive.I'd rather take one of those in the noggin in the open air than years of abuse in a care home.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fox Hunting on 09:18 - May 27 with 2076 viewsizlingtonhoop

Fox Hunting on 09:05 - May 27 by Discodroids

just had a good laugh looking at the #labour must win twitter site, with cameron being compared to hitler.

do foxes really bite childrens faces off?? as some claim ??..i think its a myth perpetuated by queen axe man ,brian may to deflect attention from his badgers.

surely badgers are a problem..i read that the hedgehog population had fallen to 200,000 nationwide dur to them being hunted by said badgers..

i dont understand country ways , where they spend half their lives sunk to the nuts up each other , pissed out of their skull on scrumpy, writhing about under a mayople dancing to lindisfarne, uriah heep and the fkn levellers ,and i'll thank them very much to keep out of my city affairs.

I discovered, during the general election, that this is an example of Godwin's Law in action. Albeit here via Disco's twisted May route.

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches"
Fox Hunting on 09:20 - May 27 with 2074 viewsDiscodroids

Fox Hunting on 09:18 - May 27 by izlingtonhoop

I discovered, during the general election, that this is an example of Godwin's Law in action. Albeit here via Disco's twisted May route.

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches"

hahaha, very good izlington..so true.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Fox Hunting on 09:31 - May 27 with 2063 viewsTheBlob

Fox Hunting on 09:05 - May 27 by Discodroids

Well you hear the same sort of attitude here - if you don't like our country ways don't come out to the country,like it's some sort of absolution.
Utter,utter bollocks.They drive the same cars,they go to the same supermarkets,they watch the same tv,they get out of their shit encrusted wellies and f*ck off to Spain......
I've got a neighbouring farmer who is at war with a "townie" holiday home owner who complained the cattle were too close to his cottage and they were bothering his foster kids.Said farmer now deliberately surrounds the place with long horned,ornery mobile steaks every weekend and public holiday.It's beautifully quiet now,no more screaming little bastards.

Fox Hunting on 09:35 - May 27 with 1804 viewsDiscodroids

Fox Hunting on 09:31 - May 27 by TheBlob

Well you hear the same sort of attitude here - if you don't like our country ways don't come out to the country,like it's some sort of absolution.
Utter,utter bollocks.They drive the same cars,they go to the same supermarkets,they watch the same tv,they get out of their shit encrusted wellies and f*ck off to Spain......
I've got a neighbouring farmer who is at war with a "townie" holiday home owner who complained the cattle were too close to his cottage and they were bothering his foster kids.Said farmer now deliberately surrounds the place with long horned,ornery mobile steaks every weekend and public holiday.It's beautifully quiet now,no more screaming little bastards.

as usual blob i dont know what the fk im talkng about, im an east ender talking about fox hunting and badgers..the nearest i got to nature was watching 'black beauty' on the tele on a sunday lunchtime while my old man got legless on double diamond in a back street boozer.

i can well imagine these townie folks being a right pain in the arse knocking on peoples doors at 7 am looking to purchase' fresh locally sourced produce'

slags..

Fox Hunting on 11:35 - May 27 with 1762 viewsjohncharles

Fox Hunting on 09:18 - May 27 by izlingtonhoop

And once Hitler or God comes into it all is lost and you might as well go home.

Or to the pub because if it's an online discussion you'd be at home unless you'd stopped over with that nice lady you met last night what was her name again ? Is that the time ? I'm off to the pub.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 11:41]

Strong and stable my arse.

Fox Hunting on 12:01 - May 27 with 1741 viewsSaycey

Signed.

Also born and raised on a farm. Pest control argument is nonsense, as is rural employment argument by-and-large.

Little, if any, justification for this barbarism by the elitist landed squirearchy.
Fox Hunting on 13:10 - May 27 with 1710 viewsDeano19766

Fox Hunting on 16:39 - May 26 by MancR

Obviously hate this nonsense but there are far greater problems with the way animals are treated in this country. Then again even battery farmed chickens here have more rights than those poor souls being tricked and drowned in the worlds seas.
Our planet is a truly f××××d up place.

It will continue to be so while humans roam this planet in excess numbers....or even at all
Fox Hunting on 13:12 - May 27 with 1706 viewsDeano19766

Fox Hunting on 17:28 - May 26 by AndyB

I don't think anyone would dispute pest control.
It's the method.

Firstly it is barbaric
Secondly its a very small minority that support it (just have big gobs and influential supporters)
Thirdly - if you want to cull, then this method has to be the most inefficient way of doing something since British Leyland shut-down.

Look at the mess humans make of the planet. Are we not the pests/virmin who need our numbers controlling? Perhaps even more so than any other living creature on this planet? The facts would suggest that we are.

Anyway, that's another debate. Signed and shared far and wide. Will be going sabbing if this looks even remotely like being allowed again.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 13:25]
Fox Hunting on 13:23 - May 27 with 1679 viewsTheBlob

Fox Hunting on 13:10 - May 27 by Deano19766

It will continue to be so while humans roam this planet in excess numbers....or even at all

I've had more trouble with humans that I've ever had with foxes/badgers/otters/red kites,which is why I regularly have a cull of hill walkers when they stray on MOY LAAAAAAAAAAAANNNND.....

Fox Hunting on 13:36 - May 27 with 1671 viewsJuzzie

Fox Hunting on 13:12 - May 27 by Deano19766

Look at the mess humans make of the planet. Are we not the pests/virmin who need our numbers controlling? Perhaps even more so than any other living creature on this planet? The facts would suggest that we are.

Anyway, that's another debate. Signed and shared far and wide. Will be going sabbing if this looks even remotely like being allowed again.

Absolutely! I make this point when people complain about foxes (or bears if you're in the USA) sniffing around their bins when it's us that have encroached into their area, not the other way around.

It'll be a very sad day when the last tiger is killed by some cnt of a poacher ("I have to feed my family" bullshit) but that'll then mean they'll all die out too, hopefully.
Fox Hunting on 13:36 - May 27 with 1671 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Like every non pyscho, I am against this.

However I wish this sort of anger was generated when we learn of mass graves in Malaysia, or life saving cancer drugs being restricted due to cost, or the rise of food banks, or any other unnecessary man made blight in the headlines.

Yours,

Self righteous arsehole
Fox Hunting on 14:04 - May 27 with 1645 viewsDeano19766

Fox Hunting on 13:36 - May 27 by Juzzie

Absolutely! I make this point when people complain about foxes (or bears if you're in the USA) sniffing around their bins when it's us that have encroached into their area, not the other way around.

It'll be a very sad day when the last tiger is killed by some cnt of a poacher ("I have to feed my family" bullshit) but that'll then mean they'll all die out too, hopefully.

Fully agree.

The majority of humanity can't see past its own nose - just does what it likes and looks after only itself. Sad but true. Just look at the reaction you get on here when you suggest that people need to voluntarily stop having so many children (or they will be forcefully stopped by law) in order to stop encroaching even more on other creatures lives (to the point where so many are becoming extinct)........but we've had that debate. As you say, it'll all in in tears for the humans as well anyway.

Anyway, let's hope this repeal doesn't happen. Great to see so many against it on here. Viva la fox!
[Post edited 27 May 2015 14:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024