Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cull! 10:18 - May 26 with 2693 viewsRangersDave

Has it started yet?

Might be an idea to post here who has been confirmed and who is confirmed as staying?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The Cull! on 10:21 - May 26 with 2685 viewsDaBurgh

Are you referring to the players or the ST holders after the (alleged) posting of the season ticket prices?
The Cull! on 10:22 - May 26 with 2672 viewsrunningman75

I presume Tony will tweet it
The Cull! on 12:53 - May 26 with 2511 viewsJuzzie

Contracts expire end of June so we probably won't know for another month at least.
The Cull! on 13:11 - May 26 with 2478 viewsdaveB

Ramsey said on Goals on Sunday yesterday that they were talking to the out of contract players and decisions would be made in the next 10 days on who is being released.
The Cull! on 13:32 - May 26 with 2387 viewsGloucs_R

I expect they will offer contracts to:

Hill - Player coach
Dunne - because he is a "model pro" although I think they should promote Ehmer to take his place.
Barton - but wont be able to afford him
Henry - who I think will be useful in the Championship
Zamora - because they will panic, again, about not having any forwards
Faurlin - pay as you play

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

The Cull! on 13:39 - May 26 with 2366 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ramsey was given the job as part of Les' master plan to take the club in a different direction and build solid foundations around youth, development and proper scouting. If that is true all of these players bar Faurlin should not have their playing contracts renewed.
The Cull! on 13:42 - May 26 with 2338 viewsfrancisbowles

The Cull! on 13:32 - May 26 by Gloucs_R

Hill - Player coach
Dunne - because he is a "model pro" although I think they should promote Ehmer to take his place.

Yes, I would agree with you. Dunne is a good pro and usually effective in the Championship as long as he has some pacey defenders around him. However, he needs a break every so often otherwise his form suffers. This will be especially important in the Championship.

I can see Zamora staying as we need several forwards and he should be a relatively cheap fourth or fifth choice.

We will need a bigger squad than for the Premier League!
The Cull! on 13:46 - May 26 with 2303 viewsfakekerby

The Cull! on 13:32 - May 26 by Gloucs_R

Hill - Player coach

All of the above are on above average money, some are obviously on way beyond that as well.

I'd offer Hill a player/coaching role, but at 1/2 his current wage.

Barton would need to take around a 50k a week pay cut.

The rest are worth renewing but again, only at 50% their current money.

The club needs a wage structure, hard to enforce when a lot are already above it, but they should just say from now on nobody gets a new deal or joins the club at more than 20k a week, that's more than enough for the championship.
Login to get fewer ads

The Cull! on 13:48 - May 26 with 2282 viewsfrancisbowles

The Cull! on 13:39 - May 26 by Benny_the_Ball

Ramsey was given the job as part of Les' master plan to take the club in a different direction and build solid foundations around youth, development and proper scouting. If that is true all of these players bar Faurlin should not have their playing contracts renewed.

Just how many players do we expect to sign? There has to be a limit and some continuity.

Why should Faurlin be the only one? I know we all 'love' him but if, according to your statement to need to get rid of these players then why is there room for sentiment?
The Cull! on 13:57 - May 26 with 2245 viewsTacticalR

The main thing is that the cull is done in a humane manner. I certainly don't agree with those who say that the carcasses should be displayed in Loftus Road.

Air hostess clique

The Cull! on 13:58 - May 26 with 2234 viewsBluce_Ree

As long as SWP and Barton f**k off, I'm good.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

The Cull! on 14:09 - May 26 with 2167 viewsSpiritofGregory

The Cull! on 12:53 - May 26 by Juzzie

Contracts expire end of June so we probably won't know for another month at least.

Kick them out know!
The Cull! on 14:13 - May 26 with 2158 viewsGetMeRangers

The Cull! on 13:11 - May 26 by daveB

Ramsey said on Goals on Sunday yesterday that they were talking to the out of contract players and decisions would be made in the next 10 days on who is being released.

Pretty sure under FL rules you have to name your retained list in the next ten days (or less now)
The Cull! on 14:18 - May 26 with 2130 viewsfakekerby

The Cull! on 14:13 - May 26 by GetMeRangers

Pretty sure under FL rules you have to name your retained list in the next ten days (or less now)

Contracts run until the end of June, but the club indeed has to inform the FL of who they intend to retain/try and retain for next season.

So we'll know the names of the players who they won't be offering new deals to.
The Cull! on 14:19 - May 26 with 2122 viewsSpiritofGregory

The Cull! on 13:48 - May 26 by francisbowles

Just how many players do we expect to sign? There has to be a limit and some continuity.

Why should Faurlin be the only one? I know we all 'love' him but if, according to your statement to need to get rid of these players then why is there room for sentiment?

Pay per play basis only for Faurlin, everyone else should be kicked out.
The Cull! on 14:45 - May 26 with 2063 viewsrobith

Given we'll lose our only proper striker in the off season, I have no problem with Zamora being offered a reduced terms deal as it means we can spend the Charlie cash on 2 replacements then have RGC & Zamora as back ups
The Cull! on 14:51 - May 26 with 2036 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd give Faurlin one more chance to prove his fitness on a pay-as-you-play, although if we really running a tight ship i wouldn't fault them for letting him go.

Henry could be useful, although we should be able to pick up someone younger on a lower wage to do a midfield destroyer job.

I'd let the rest go as players, you could make an argument for anyone of them, but i feel a clean break is best and restart with a sensible wage threshold.
The Cull! on 16:59 - May 26 with 1878 viewsRangersDave

This contract until the end of June malarky?

nah, doesnt stop you getting rid now, and starting the rebuild.
I wouldnt think for one minute Rangers would dump 90%of the squad (please let it be so) today and not pay out their month.

It would work both ways. 1) give us an extra month to rebuild, and b) give those released an extra month to get a new team or job as bin men.

As for me, yes 90%
you have to get rid of the rot, the canker that plagues our team from Adel (and boy i hate saying that) to Barton (get lost creep), SWP and everyone in between.

If we could i'd be balsy and keep Austin (he is, after all still under contract), Green, and Fer.....but the rest id dump like steaming piece of puppy poo that they are!

Lets face it fella's, they are all liars! yes Liars........ anyone hat says 'we are gutte for the fans' is a liar. No they re not. if they were they would have refunded tickets for the last 3 away matches and transportation costs to the fans.
But no, they dont.....why? because they talk B.S.

Joey's now sucking up to 'Alamadingdong'., and i dont think Les or he have enough intelligence to see through it and dump him, more like offer him a new contract (you saw it here first).

Sick to death with m team, sick to death with everything in it, and all that its now standing for.

Feck em!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The Cull! on 09:09 - May 27 with 1532 viewsMrSheen

The Cull! on 13:57 - May 26 by TacticalR

The main thing is that the cull is done in a humane manner. I certainly don't agree with those who say that the carcasses should be displayed in Loftus Road.

Tickets on sale now.

The Cull! on 09:23 - May 27 with 1505 viewsTHEBUSH

The Cull! on 14:18 - May 26 by fakekerby

Contracts run until the end of June, but the club indeed has to inform the FL of who they intend to retain/try and retain for next season.

So we'll know the names of the players who they won't be offering new deals to.

I suppose most players will be on holiday now, so the players without contracts will have been told, if they have to return for pre-season training.

Hopefully the club have already told these players not to return, so perhaps we'll know pretty soon of their status ?
The Cull! on 09:33 - May 27 with 1482 viewsdaveB

One other factor is FFP, if they go for a transfer embargo then most of these will probably be kept on for a year
The Cull! on 10:49 - May 27 with 1409 viewsLblock

@Mr Sheen

That is one sickfcuk photo you've used there in the name of "humour"

Usually to me comedy has no boundaries but inhumane slaughter of defenceless animals does get me going.
I wasn't going to respond as it bumps this thread back up to the top but felt compelled.

Nothing personal just commenting.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Cull! on 10:52 - May 27 with 1401 viewsbatmanhoop

The Cull! on 10:49 - May 27 by Lblock

@Mr Sheen

That is one sickfcuk photo you've used there in the name of "humour"

Usually to me comedy has no boundaries but inhumane slaughter of defenceless animals does get me going.
I wasn't going to respond as it bumps this thread back up to the top but felt compelled.

Nothing personal just commenting.

100% agree, we know it goes on but do we need to see this
The Cull! on 11:44 - May 27 with 1344 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Cull! on 13:48 - May 26 by francisbowles

If continuity means sticking with the same tired old mercenaries who have relegated us twice then no thanks. We've been promised a new direction and that's what I expect to see.
The Cull! on 11:52 - May 27 with 1326 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The Cull! on 13:57 - May 26 by TacticalR

I very much doubt that as they drive off in their Ferraris, Bentleys and Porches to their mansions in the country that they'll be shedding many tears for QPR.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 11:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024