Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA officials arrested 06:31 - May 27 with 7111 viewsWatfordR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32895057
FIFA officials arrested on 06:33 - May 27 with 4596 viewsWatfordR

And a bit more....

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0527/704042-fifa/
FIFA officials arrested on 07:37 - May 27 with 4497 viewsjonno

Corruption in an unregulated industry where billions of dollars/pounds etc. are sloshing around? I simply refuse to believe it!
FIFA officials arrested on 08:00 - May 27 with 4464 viewsbosh67

FIFA are so squeaky clean. Always have been. Always will be. There is no corruption within FIFA. They make sensible decisions based on climate and the need to extend the great game around the world. Marvellous organisation. Sorry, have to go, there is a man at the door with a brown envelope.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

FIFA officials arrested on 08:03 - May 27 with 4452 viewsQPRDEL

I would imagine Blatter will distance himself from this.
People like him never seem to get done.
FIFA officials arrested on 08:05 - May 27 with 4449 viewspaesanu

Let's hope this is a catalyst for something bigger, they've gotten away with so much for too long.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

FIFA officials arrested on 08:06 - May 27 with 4444 viewsJAPRANGERS

Totally surprising. NOT. Time to scrap this mafia and set up a new world body??
FIFA officials arrested on 08:07 - May 27 with 4441 viewsGloucs_R

FIFA officials arrested on 08:03 - May 27 by QPRDEL

I would imagine Blatter will distance himself from this.
People like him never seem to get done.

Lets hope he decides to step down and not run this time, but I doubt he will.

Poll: Are we staying up?

FIFA officials arrested on 08:28 - May 27 with 4399 viewsdanehoop

I mentioned on a previous thread that this was coming and probably will be the first step in a number of measures being taken against FIFA. Blatter isn't Teflon coated in this and the first wave of those arrested are those who are close to him and his supporters. The problem that FIFA now faces is having hidden away in Switzerland believing is provides safety from exposure, the global financial crisis and new more coordinated measures being taken on tax avoidance are providing additional insight in to other areas. That has in particular exposed a great deal more of the tax avoidance arrangements within Swiss financial institutions which had previously been hidden.

That FIFA has now become so totally immoral and corrupt has also sparked a great deal of investigative journalism and interestingly more willingness from whistle blowers within the organisation to speak out.

That media interest and unwelcome exposure as also been increasing discomfort amongst major sponsors as to how the business is being run. Aside from the damage it causes to brand value by association, there is also a concern about being associated with funding organisations that are evidenced as being corrupt.

With greater transparency on its affairs FIFA has two options, to engage in a root and branch review of practices within the organisation and change or to try and bury everything even deeper. To date the Blatter approach has been followed, but that has had little impact on the increasing pressure on the organisation. Unfortunately when you are so far over the line that your moral compass has ceased to work sometime ago, doing what is right is very difficult to do. The organisation will in all probability vote in Blatter again, but whether he will then see out his term is much more uncertain. The question is will FIFA reform or will it be reformed by external events?

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

FIFA officials arrested on 09:06 - May 27 with 4348 viewsMrSheen

FIFA officials arrested on 08:07 - May 27 by Gloucs_R

I imagine he's already scuttled off to his private island where he's protected by thousands of orange jump-suited kung-fu masters.

It sounds like they got the head of the US FA to wear a wire! Elementary security failing there. Jack Warner can think about where he went wrong during his 65 years in federal Supermax.

At least it puts the USA out of the running to host the next few tournaments.
FIFA officials arrested on 09:16 - May 27 with 4327 viewspeejaybee

FIFA officials arrested on 08:06 - May 27 by JAPRANGERS

Totally surprising. NOT. Time to scrap this mafia and set up a new world body??

And they will be any better.Any organisation that consists of more than two people is always open to SUGGESTIONS.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

FIFA officials arrested on 09:42 - May 27 with 4294 viewsKonk

My wet dream is that everyone arrested turns supergrass and we end up with 98% of FIFA doing time in some rough as fu ck Texan jail, with Sepp Blatter cleaning out the toilets. That’d be ace.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

FIFA officials arrested on 09:46 - May 27 with 4283 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

FIFA officials arrested on 09:42 - May 27 by Konk

My wet dream is that everyone arrested turns supergrass and we end up with 98% of FIFA doing time in some rough as fu ck Texan jail, with Sepp Blatter cleaning out the toilets. That’d be ace.

It's Switzerland , so maybe DIGNITAS would be better?
FIFA officials arrested on 09:55 - May 27 with 4260 viewsShotKneesHoop

Let's hope the trail leads to Flash 'Arry and his dog Rosie.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

FIFA officials arrested on 10:14 - May 27 with 4236 viewsCiderwithRsie

Looking forward to Sepp Blatter pursued down a motorway OJ stylee
FIFA officials arrested on 10:39 - May 27 with 4188 viewsAlvarado

FIFA officials arrested on 06:33 - May 27 by WatfordR

And a bit more....

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0527/704042-fifa/

No!!! It is one thing arresting a few top nobs for alleged corruption and personal enrichment but to suggest that the award of the world cups in Russia and Qatar was not 100% legitimate is simply ridiculous. Surely anyone could see that these hugely important and lucrative international cash jamborees were awarded through all the correct channels via a process that is of unquestionably high standards and which shines a moral beacon throughout the world?

If there turns out to be anything - and I mean anything - to answer for in these charges, I shall be shocked to the very core. Here's supporting our Great Hero Sepp in his attempt to be re-elected on Friday!
FIFA officials arrested on 10:45 - May 27 with 4180 viewsbatmanhoop

England should pull out of the World Cup, 50 years since we held the competition in this country, now we know why
FIFA officials arrested on 11:08 - May 27 with 4143 viewsRangers67

Great news. About time this lot was rumbled. We can only hope that someone squeals and dumps on Sepp from a great height. Kudos to the journos who wouldn,t let this go particularly the Sunday Times who have been like a dog with a bone on this. And hats of to the yanks on this one, at least they had the balls to take this lot on unlike our spineless clowns at the FA.
FIFA officials arrested on 12:07 - May 27 with 4097 viewsBenny_the_Ball

FIFA officials arrested on 08:07 - May 27 by Gloucs_R

He's already made it clear he's not implicated so he's not going quietly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32757190
FIFA officials arrested on 12:17 - May 27 with 4076 viewsMrSheen

FIFA officials arrested on 11:08 - May 27 by Rangers67

Great news. About time this lot was rumbled. We can only hope that someone squeals and dumps on Sepp from a great height. Kudos to the journos who wouldn,t let this go particularly the Sunday Times who have been like a dog with a bone on this. And hats of to the yanks on this one, at least they had the balls to take this lot on unlike our spineless clowns at the FA.

Bit harsh on the FA to expect them to match the FBI for investigative zeal and power. The US FA is only involved because their leader was caught out for not paying tax on his FIFA benefits, including the flat in Trump Tower where he kept his dogs, and co-operated to minimise his own punishment.
FIFA officials arrested on 12:45 - May 27 with 4052 viewsdanehoop

and to be doubly fair on the FA, they are neither a law enforcement agency . Equally there isn't any evidence to suggest that anything happened in the UK in breach of UK law which could be prosecuted as an offence here by the authorities.

Never knowingly understood

FIFA officials arrested on 12:59 - May 27 with 4022 viewsJamie

Bribes paid in US currency through US bank accounts explains the FBI taking up the mantle.
FIFA officials arrested on 13:02 - May 27 with 4016 viewsJuzzie

It'll be amazing if SB comes out of this, short term or long term, unscathed. Allegedly etc.
FIFA officials arrested on 13:04 - May 27 with 4012 viewsandygg

FIFA officials arrested on 12:45 - May 27 by danehoop

and to be doubly fair on the FA, they are neither a law enforcement agency . Equally there isn't any evidence to suggest that anything happened in the UK in breach of UK law which could be prosecuted as an offence here by the authorities.

The FA could have pulled out of the World cup, or at the very least make a bigger fuss about the 2018-22 bids.
FIFA officials arrested on 13:30 - May 27 with 3973 viewsHooparoo

FIFA officials arrested on 09:42 - May 27 by Konk

You too? Thought it was just me.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

FIFA officials arrested on 14:11 - May 27 with 3933 viewsRangers67

FIFA officials arrested on 12:17 - May 27 by MrSheen

Bit harsh on the FA to expect them to match the FBI for investigative zeal and power. The US FA is only involved because their leader was caught out for not paying tax on his FIFA benefits, including the flat in Trump Tower where he kept his dogs, and co-operated to minimise his own punishment.

I suppose you could be right about me being a bit harsh on our splendid FA. I coincidently have never returned to my hotel room to find a wrist watch worth thousands of pounds left there gratis !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024