Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good signings 09:27 - May 27 with 19328 viewsCorbyQPR

@BBCWiltshire: Breaking news: BBC Wiltshire understands Swindon Town midfielders Ben Gladwin and Massimo Luongo are set to sign for Queen's Park Rangers.
Good signings on 11:13 - May 27 with 3210 viewsdaveB

Josh McEachran would cost more than these two combined and is also unproven really.
Good signings on 11:18 - May 27 with 3189 viewsBerkoRanger

Young, hungry, prospects, early signings....we are talking about QPR ?
Definitely a step in the right direction and well done to Sir Les and Chris for acting swiftly and being able to attract this type of player.
Good signings on 11:18 - May 27 with 3189 viewsrobith

Good signings on 10:49 - May 27 by adhoc_qpr

Gladwin sounds like the new Stuart Wardley! Let's hope he is more than a one season wonder.

We don't know any of the details of the breakdown of the fees (payment clauses etc) or even if it's true yet.

We've appointed Ramsey on his coaching ability allegedly, so sounds like these two have plenty of upside if they are handled properly.

I'm happier cheering them on than Barton and Gary O'Neill...

Gary O'Neill seems to guarantee a play off final win though!
Good signings on 11:28 - May 27 with 3104 viewsPinnerPaul

Good signings on 10:05 - May 27 by stevenagehoop

Down here that's normally what the manager gets called out for - are Swindon different?

It was said tongue in cheek and yes you're right of course.

I DID say that on thread where I posted that originally, it wasn't just the midfield either, Swindon played a high back line which played into Preston's and Beckford's hands perfectly.
Good signings on 11:29 - May 27 with 3100 viewsowza

Good signings on 11:13 - May 27 by daveB

Josh McEachran would cost more than these two combined and is also unproven really.

The Swindon fans seemed to think Yaser Kasim was the better of the 3. They told me how Gladwin is versatile and can be deployed out wide but predominantly is a central midfielder.Can also run at plays too apparently. I know all about Luongo so didn't really need much of an explanation but they said he holds tremendous ability but can totally capitulate when the team isn't playing well, like at Wembley on Sunday.

And are you serious mate?! Josh McEachran no experience?! Had a full season at Middlesbrough in the Championship were he amassed over 40 matches I think. Also had spells in the Championship with Watford, Swansea and Wigan in the championship where at the latter I thought he looked superb when Wigan came down to Loftus Road in the 2013/14 season. Has also played in the Dutch top flight last season for Vitesse where he played a good amount of games while also playing around 10 times for Chelsea in the premier league. In regards to his price I don't think Mourinho would command a big price considering it doesn't look like he will make the breakthrough there especially as players like Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah are now ahead of him in the pecking order their. I really hope we make a move for him to be honest mate.
Good signings on 11:31 - May 27 with 3087 viewsnadera78

He's also done the square root of FA at Arnheim this season. Merely a squad player.

Also, the idea that QPR won't be spending money this summer is insane. We might very well be signing players from the Championship and below but we'll undoubtedly be shelling out. We always do.
Good signings on 11:37 - May 27 with 3032 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Perhaps a swap deal with Green?
Good signings on 11:40 - May 27 with 3016 viewsJigsore

Good signings on 11:18 - May 27 by robith

Gary O'Neill seems to guarantee a play off final win though!

with Gary O'Neil and Matt Conolly in the same side we're basically assured of going up next season

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Good signings on 11:44 - May 27 with 2976 viewsGloucs_R

Why does everyone think good players in the lower leagues are going to be cheap? Those days have long gone. £4m for two players who have both down well this season with Swindon is about right.

Harry McGuire cost Hull £2.5m
Nahki Wells cost £1.4m from League 2
Callum Wilson £2.5m
Moses Odubajo £1m
Ross McCormack £11m

Poll: Are we staying up?

Good signings on 11:50 - May 27 with 2948 viewsGetMeRangers

Good signings on 11:40 - May 27 by Jigsore

with Gary O'Neil and Matt Conolly in the same side we're basically assured of going up next season

Why not throw Oh Booby Zamora for play off finals goals and Joey, who has always been promoted out of the championship at first attempt...
But I wont
Good signings on 11:51 - May 27 with 2942 viewsadhoc_qpr

Good signings on 11:31 - May 27 by nadera78

He's also done the square root of FA at Arnheim this season. Merely a squad player.

Also, the idea that QPR won't be spending money this summer is insane. We might very well be signing players from the Championship and below but we'll undoubtedly be shelling out. We always do.

Mceachran always struck me as a billy big b*llocks - being told from the age of 16 he was a future England star etc and it all went to his head. He failed to perform in most of his loans and massively flopped at Swansea. A bit Scott Sinclair like.

If he's sorted his head out and knuckled down last season then good for him (finally) - but he's also the kind of player who will have been on £30K a week since he first went pro and is unlikely to fit into our (hopefully) sensible new pay scale.
Good signings on 11:57 - May 27 with 2906 viewsJeff

Just spoke to my Swindon Town supporting mate, who advised the following:

Gladwin - Massive, massive future in the game. Got touch, control and a cracking shot - will do really well for you, and will only get better

Luongo - Probably ahead of Gladwin at present, you can tell that he's been coached at a higher level. Technically excellent. BUT, an 'arrogant pr*ck' apparently.

not shooting the boy down before he even signs, just relaying information from someone who watched them all season.

Can we not knock it?

Good signings on 12:03 - May 27 with 2866 viewsMaggsinho

Good signings on 11:57 - May 27 by Jeff

Gladwin - Massive, massive future in the game. Got touch, control and a cracking shot - will do really well for you, and will only get better

Luongo - Probably ahead of Gladwin at present, you can tell that he's been coached at a higher level. Technically excellent. BUT, an 'arrogant pr*ck' apparently.

not shooting the boy down before he even signs, just relaying information from someone who watched them all season.

Sounds good, let's hope we can pull it off.

I can remember being Charlie Austin being described as massively arrogant in his time at Swindon too...
Good signings on 12:07 - May 27 with 2846 viewslondonscottish

Positive thread is positive.

I think I need a lie down.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Good signings on 12:19 - May 27 with 2763 viewsGloucs_R

Good signings on 11:57 - May 27 by Jeff

I like a bit of arrogance, when managed it can be useful.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Good signings on 12:21 - May 27 with 2629 viewsowza

Good signings on 11:44 - May 27 by Gloucs_R

Why does everyone think good players in the lower leagues are going to be cheap? Those days have long gone. £4m for two players who have both down well this season with Swindon is about right.

Harry McGuire cost Hull £2.5m
Nahki Wells cost £1.4m from League 2
Callum Wilson £2.5m
Moses Odubajo £1m
Ross McCormack £11m

Yep I suppose it is for both players, but I still think it's a little bit excessive. I'm leaning more towards Gladwin, sounds like a raw talent. Luongo isn't really the right sort in my book.

Nahki Wells and Callum Wilson came from League 1 where they were banging in the goals,
plus his heroics in their cup run, I would actually love for us to go in for Wells this summer actually, pacy forward who has composure in front of goal.

We need players that see us as a step up, not a step down and wear their hear on their sleeve, I do agree.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 12:23]
Good signings on 12:23 - May 27 with 2608 viewsTonto

my Swindon supporting mate said following:

Are they any good? Well that’s a different question. Gladwin was playing in the non-league last season and joined us in January. Had a striking resemblance to Bambi on ice, but has subsequently gone from strength to strength, including scoring 8 in 8 towards the end of the season — I don’t think any of us saw it coming!

Luongo was immense early in the season, but has gone missing surprisingly regularly since the Asia Cup — not least on Sunday. Fatigue or injury both potential factors, and shouldn’t detract from the fact he is a technically fantastic player.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Good signings on 12:27 - May 27 with 2579 viewsDiscodroids

i dont know how old they are, what positions they play in, or if there gay, straight, bi or reproduce by spawning in low water..but im happy as fu ck were signing them.

good hungry young players...buzzing for once as a QPR supporter..

ive always rated that chris ramsey very highly

les and chris ..the erik b and rakim of the championship..i know you got soul lads.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Good signings on 12:28 - May 27 with 2583 viewsMedwayR

Good signings on 11:29 - May 27 by owza

The Swindon fans seemed to think Yaser Kasim was the better of the 3. They told me how Gladwin is versatile and can be deployed out wide but predominantly is a central midfielder.Can also run at plays too apparently. I know all about Luongo so didn't really need much of an explanation but they said he holds tremendous ability but can totally capitulate when the team isn't playing well, like at Wembley on Sunday.

And are you serious mate?! Josh McEachran no experience?! Had a full season at Middlesbrough in the Championship were he amassed over 40 matches I think. Also had spells in the Championship with Watford, Swansea and Wigan in the championship where at the latter I thought he looked superb when Wigan came down to Loftus Road in the 2013/14 season. Has also played in the Dutch top flight last season for Vitesse where he played a good amount of games while also playing around 10 times for Chelsea in the premier league. In regards to his price I don't think Mourinho would command a big price considering it doesn't look like he will make the breakthrough there especially as players like Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah are now ahead of him in the pecking order their. I really hope we make a move for him to be honest mate.

To put things in perspective chelsea want £3m for Todd Kane, I'd imagine they'd want at least double that for McEachran and similar for Bamford too. They don't let players go cheap.

Poll: Who’s better?

Good signings on 12:28 - May 27 with 2582 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I can't say I know much about either player but, if true, the strategy is a welcome step in the right direction.
Good signings on 12:34 - May 27 with 2537 viewsqueensparker

They both sound very promising and it's cheered everyone up on here for the first time in months!

They're going to join Villa, aren't they?
Good signings on 12:38 - May 27 with 2510 viewsowza

Good signings on 12:28 - May 27 by MedwayR

To put things in perspective chelsea want £3m for Todd Kane, I'd imagine they'd want at least double that for McEachran and similar for Bamford too. They don't let players go cheap.

Yes but Kane he is under contract, McEachran has 1 year left plus I would suspect the Chelsea staff would want the best for his career. If not, what about a loan? Or in exchange for Greeno as mentioned. He is hardly a billy big b*llocks either, he is actually a modest character if you do some research, just too much hype too early when he played in the Champions League aged 17, he can still resurrect his career at the right club, I am sure Ramsey would work well with him and do him good.
Good signings on 12:47 - May 27 with 2466 viewsDiscodroids

just read up on them via various websites, cor blimey ,its nice to be looking early, looking at vibrant and progressive(@copyright nicola sturgeon), signings with a bit of experiance under their belts..

real breath of fresh, rarified air.

its like someone dropping an egg paneer and spinach fart then getting out of the lift. and taking the gagging choking johnny fartpant stench with them..

oh to see a young midfield and the once famous carrion old guard, thrown to the northern club comedy circuit where they can take thier mother in law jokes to the chicken in a basket wheel tappers and whippet fanciers.

well done rangers...buzzin

im happy. it feels nice. must try it more often.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 12:57]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Good signings on 12:50 - May 27 with 2448 viewsdanehoop

If ever something said good bye Joey Barton, the signing of these 2 might just be it.

Never knowingly understood

Good signings on 12:57 - May 27 with 2391 viewsRangersw12

Good signings on 12:50 - May 27 by danehoop

If ever something said good bye Joey Barton, the signing of these 2 might just be it.

Fingers crossed !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024