Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good signings 09:27 - May 27 with 18997 viewsCorbyQPR

@BBCWiltshire: Breaking news: BBC Wiltshire understands Swindon Town midfielders Ben Gladwin and Massimo Luongo are set to sign for Queen's Park Rangers.
Good signings on 13:04 - May 27 with 4178 viewsMedwayR

Good signings on 12:38 - May 27 by owza

Yes but Kane he is under contract, McEachran has 1 year left plus I would suspect the Chelsea staff would want the best for his career. If not, what about a loan? Or in exchange for Greeno as mentioned. He is hardly a billy big b*llocks either, he is actually a modest character if you do some research, just too much hype too early when he played in the Champions League aged 17, he can still resurrect his career at the right club, I am sure Ramsey would work well with him and do him good.

Kane is under contract until 2016 same as McEachran and chelsea would be entitled to compensation if they left at the end of their contracts.

The coaching staff will maybe want what's best for the player but those making the decisions will only care about £££'s. Green is realistically worth about £2m, so no they wouldn't be interested in a swap. Loaning him to us wouldn't increase his value so they wouldn't be interested in that either. The only way we'd sign McEachran is if we paid the money chelsea want and even then I doubt McEachran would be unlikely to want to join us.

I'm sure he is of good character, obviously I don't know him but he's always come across well when I've seen him interviewed.

Poll: Who’s better?

Good signings on 13:06 - May 27 with 4162 viewsCamberleyR

Good signings on 11:44 - May 27 by Gloucs_R

Why does everyone think good players in the lower leagues are going to be cheap? Those days have long gone. £4m for two players who have both down well this season with Swindon is about right.

Harry McGuire cost Hull £2.5m
Nahki Wells cost £1.4m from League 2
Callum Wilson £2.5m
Moses Odubajo £1m
Ross McCormack £11m

I don't think good players in the lower leagues have ever really been cheap. If I recall correctly, in 1993 we signed Trevor Sinclair from the third tier for about £600K which would probably be about £2.5m today.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Good signings on 13:07 - May 27 with 4135 viewsDiscodroids

Good signings on 12:57 - May 27 by Rangersw12

Fingers crossed !

barton and henry leaving and these two arriving....

a sight for sore eyes. Like a lighthouse in the distance, looked upon by eyes filled with sea salt.

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssss

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Good signings on 13:24 - May 27 with 4019 viewsRANGERS4EVER

It's all going to well. By 9:00 i thoroughly predict them two to have signed for Villa and we would renew SWPs contract as a replacement

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Good signings on 13:27 - May 27 with 3989 viewsFredManRave

I just hope the pair of them can get through the rigorous QPR medical;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Good signings on 13:27 - May 27 with 3985 viewsYorkRanger

Barely seen either player, but the broad approach has to be encouraging...
Good signings on 13:29 - May 27 with 3965 viewsHooparoo

Have watched Luongo many times in the green and gold and I can tell you - he's a rare talent. Our new number 10 and will be a crowd favourite for sure. He has that X factor that you can't coach and is confident in his ability.

He is a character as well and always up for the fight like most Aussie sportsmen.

Really encouraging early signing by Chris and Les.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Good signings on 13:35 - May 27 with 3924 viewsCamberleyR

Good signings on 13:29 - May 27 by Hooparoo

Have watched Luongo many times in the green and gold and I can tell you - he's a rare talent. Our new number 10 and will be a crowd favourite for sure. He has that X factor that you can't coach and is confident in his ability.

He is a character as well and always up for the fight like most Aussie sportsmen.

Really encouraging early signing by Chris and Les.

Weren't similar things said about Nick Ward?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Good signings on 13:39 - May 27 with 3880 viewsbaz_qpr

Wonder of we are rushing these through before the end of the month to get them in this years accounts as opposed to next years FL audited ones
Good signings on 13:40 - May 27 with 3876 viewsHooparoo

Good signings on 13:35 - May 27 by CamberleyR

Weren't similar things said about Nick Ward?

Trust me, Luongo is in a different universe to Nicky Ward.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Good signings on 13:46 - May 27 with 3835 viewsHayesender

Just read a few comments from other fans on the bbc sport Facebook page.

They're seething that those cheats QPR are allowed to sign anyone.

Looks like most want us thrown out of the league.

Feck em

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Good signings on 13:58 - May 27 with 3789 viewsowza

Good signings on 13:04 - May 27 by MedwayR

Kane is under contract until 2016 same as McEachran and chelsea would be entitled to compensation if they left at the end of their contracts.

The coaching staff will maybe want what's best for the player but those making the decisions will only care about £££'s. Green is realistically worth about £2m, so no they wouldn't be interested in a swap. Loaning him to us wouldn't increase his value so they wouldn't be interested in that either. The only way we'd sign McEachran is if we paid the money chelsea want and even then I doubt McEachran would be unlikely to want to join us.

I'm sure he is of good character, obviously I don't know him but he's always come across well when I've seen him interviewed.

Oh really I wasn't aware of that, I am surprised as Kane was doing really well at Forest. And yeah you make some good points but I think McEachran would love to join us permanently, we would be the right place for him to develop under Ramsey and he would relish first-team football, he's said thats all he wants, to play football. But anyway looks like we have signed Luongo and Gladwin, and I will back them all the way along with Ramsey who I am also sceptical about. Just got to get behind the players and manager this season no matter who we sign. I am really looking forward to Gladwin, get to see him play and see what he's about, looks an exciting prospect from non-league which is always nice. Luongo bit of a luxury player but I hope he succeeds here, could be the new Taarabt.
Good signings on 14:04 - May 27 with 3752 viewsNorthernr

Couple of things on this, apparently Spurs have first refusal on Luongo at the price they originally sold him at. They also have a large sell on fee hence the reason Swindon are keen to sell him as a pair - that way they can charge QPR say £3m for two and put it in the books as 2.9m for Gladwin and 100k for Luongo and give Spurs 20 quid.
Good signings on 14:09 - May 27 with 3723 viewstimcocking

Good signings on 10:48 - May 27 by batmanhoop

we paid £5m for Mutch, £7m for caulker, similar for Hoilett and let's not mention SWP. Happy with £4m for 2 relative youngsters

Don't know anything about these two, but Jordan Mutch had come off a superb season in the premier league for that 5 mil. I still think he should be with us now. He was never given anything like a proper chance to prove himself, and given the fact the rest of our squad is either out of contract, old or sh!t, i'm amazed they got rid of him so quickly.

Still, pleased to see some youngish blood coming in, let's hope they are decent.
Good signings on 16:13 - May 27 with 3484 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Good signings on 14:04 - May 27 by Northernr

Couple of things on this, apparently Spurs have first refusal on Luongo at the price they originally sold him at. They also have a large sell on fee hence the reason Swindon are keen to sell him as a pair - that way they can charge QPR say £3m for two and put it in the books as 2.9m for Gladwin and 100k for Luongo and give Spurs 20 quid.

Levy getting a taste of his own medicine, nice!
Good signings on 17:03 - May 27 with 3352 viewsdubaistu

Good signings on 14:04 - May 27 by Northernr

I bet Levy would love that!
Good signings on 17:08 - May 27 with 3323 viewsMytch_QPR

Good signings on 13:46 - May 27 by Hayesender

Just read a few comments from other fans on the bbc sport Facebook page.

They're seething that those cheats QPR are allowed to sign anyone.

Looks like most want us thrown out of the league.

Feck em

Yeah....

I would say a fine of, say £200m, with a transfer embargo for 5 seasons and a ban on ticket sales - plus all players (the 3 or 4 which remain) have to play blindfolded with their ankles chained together and the goal we're defending is widened to three times the normal size.

That'll learn us.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Good signings on 17:17 - May 27 with 3271 viewsdubaistu

Good signings on 17:08 - May 27 by Mytch_QPR

Yeah....

I would say a fine of, say £200m, with a transfer embargo for 5 seasons and a ban on ticket sales - plus all players (the 3 or 4 which remain) have to play blindfolded with their ankles chained together and the goal we're defending is widened to three times the normal size.

That'll learn us.

Home games in Raqqa Square after Friday prayers?
Good signings on 17:54 - May 27 with 3085 viewspaulparker

Wow I come hone from a long day of meetings and find the following
We have signed 2 youngsters from league 1 , potentially stitching up Levy in the process
And we get rid of that Scouse maggot Barton
Not often I say this but well done Rangers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Good signings on 17:55 - May 27 with 3081 viewsonlyrinmoray

Good signings on 12:21 - May 27 by owza

Yep I suppose it is for both players, but I still think it's a little bit excessive. I'm leaning more towards Gladwin, sounds like a raw talent. Luongo isn't really the right sort in my book.

Nahki Wells and Callum Wilson came from League 1 where they were banging in the goals,
plus his heroics in their cup run, I would actually love for us to go in for Wells this summer actually, pacy forward who has composure in front of goal.

We need players that see us as a step up, not a step down and wear their hear on their sleeve, I do agree.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 12:23]

Agree with you about Nahki Wells I always thought he was a real prospect He has done well at Bradford then again at a higher level with Huddersfield would be within our price range

I like the idea of Ricky Lambert but don't want Charlie to go to the Scousers especially as my son is a Red... (failed father )
Good signings on 18:33 - May 27 with 2965 viewsTopCat34

Very promising. £4m will be peanuts compared to what we've previously paid/ the wages of what we've shipped out today.
Good signings on 18:49 - May 27 with 2892 viewsdanehoop

Until we have done the deal and they have signed contracts (which SOG has verified the salary details of) I won't believe it.

Never knowingly understood

Good signings on 19:12 - May 27 with 2792 viewsDiscodroids

Good signings on 18:49 - May 27 by danehoop

Until we have done the deal and they have signed contracts (which SOG has verified the salary details of) I won't believe it.

i love SOG, but that did make me chuckle dane.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Good signings on 19:15 - May 27 with 2791 viewsganjR

Pardon my ignorance here, but, they sound like very similar players?
Good signings on 19:52 - May 27 with 2622 viewsBakes

"His first name is Ben, is Ben, is Ben.. His second name is Gladwin, is Gladwin, is Gladwin.. And we really like him, we like him, we like him.. Infact we f***ing love him.. Oh oh oh! Woaaaah!"

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024