Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert + cash for Austin? 13:47 - May 27 with 5413 viewsRANGERS4EVER

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-transfer-news-15m-charlie-aus

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 21:00 - May 27 with 1695 viewsPunteR

Could be next seasons Helguson.
I cant see him taking a massive wage drop though. He'll probably go to Sunderland or somewhere.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 21:22 - May 27 with 1653 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 15:08 - May 27 by MedwayR

I like Lambert but this deal feels a bit like replacing Sir Les with Hateley, the only way I'd feel comfortable with this is if we use the money wisely to get a proper replacement for Charlie to play alongside Lambert, plus some good cover.

+1

Still remember Wilkins telling us fans not to worry because he was on the verge of signing an England international. Oh how my heart sank when Hateley was revealed.
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 21:49 - May 27 with 1604 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 18:02 - May 27 by paulparker

I may be in a minority of one , but I think Lambert is sh1t , he is to old and expensive as well
Offer Austin to palace for 12 million and they chuck in glen Murray and I will be more than happy

Im not a great fan either PP but I do think we will need a senior experienced striker to go with our new younger players. Might be worth it on a 1 yr deal but dont see him dropping down a league for that.
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 21:57 - May 27 with 1568 viewspaulparker

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 21:49 - May 27 by bacardiinbrissie

Im not a great fan either PP but I do think we will need a senior experienced striker to go with our new younger players. Might be worth it on a 1 yr deal but dont see him dropping down a league for that.

I just think he wouldn't have the heart for it and would see us us a last pay day , we've been there so many times before
For experience I think Garner from Preston could be ok and as said before glen Murray would be a good player for us , imagine him on his own and having two pacy attacking players behind him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 22:04 - May 27 with 1541 viewsPunteR

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 21:57 - May 27 by paulparker

I just think he wouldn't have the heart for it and would see us us a last pay day , we've been there so many times before
For experience I think Garner from Preston could be ok and as said before glen Murray would be a good player for us , imagine him on his own and having two pacy attacking players behind him

I think your right Mr P. It would be a big step down for him. Like you say, we've been here before with players that are coming to to the end of their careers.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 22:12 - May 27 with 1530 viewsessextaxiboy

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 20:28 - May 27 by YorkRanger

Agree with that PP.

He is a better player than just a big target man . Charlie in 10 years

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 23:21 - May 27 with 1419 viewsCamberleyR

Murray is 31, turns 32 in September so is hardly a spring chicken.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 23:31 - May 27 with 1400 viewsWrightUp5hit___

So Lambert is going to take a mahoosive drop in salary to move from a Prem team to come to dear old Shepherds Bush?

Or whether or not he is a decent player, Rangers are going to do an immediate 180 on our avowed aim of living within our means and pay an older player a substantial salary and probably a pretty decent signing on fee?

I smell the distinct whiff of hypocrisy around this thread.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 23:48 - May 27 with 1369 viewshamptonhillhoop

Sorry but I'd have him like a shot. Think Paul furlong rather than mark hately. I've seen nothing about lambert that would suggest he'd coast. If I was Bournemouth I'd sign him
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 12:53 - May 28 with 1279 viewsrichpr

What a joke signing that would be - another slow, old, paceless, past it player.

That would be like exchanging a Rotweiler with a St Bernard
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 12:56 - May 28 with 1263 viewsSpiritofGregory

Come Liverpool don't be tight, give us hard cash not your old farts.
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 12:56 - May 28 with 1265 viewsrichpr

Agree - Garner from Preston. Lambert can go to Tranmere
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 12:59 - May 28 with 1255 viewsbrad

no thanks,we might as well keep bobby than take lambert.
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 12:59 - May 28 with 1253 viewsrichpr

Agree - Garner from Preston. Lambert can go to Tranmere
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 16:06 - May 28 with 1186 viewswestberksr

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 15:08 - May 27 by MedwayR

I like Lambert but this deal feels a bit like replacing Sir Les with Hateley, the only way I'd feel comfortable with this is if we use the money wisely to get a proper replacement for Charlie to play alongside Lambert, plus some good cover.

harsh on all concerned; Austin, as good as he is, is no Les.

Lambert as bad as you might think he is, is streets ahead of Hately.

he was ........

a) on crutches
b) playing in a tinpot jock league
c) had a stupid fukkin hairdo left over from the 80's

lambert until Liverpool was a regular goalscorer in competitve leagues, never going to suit the Rodgers 'look what a clever khunt i am' tactics and came to the higher levels fairly late so will still be plenty hungry to play and prove a point (hopefully)
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 16:07 - May 28 with 1154 viewsfakekerby

No, no, no!

We've just learned to get rid of over 30 year olds on big money who would see QPR as a step down.

Cough up the cash Liverpool, we don't want your cast offs.
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 16:13 - May 28 with 1132 viewsadhoc_qpr

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 16:07 - May 28 by fakekerby

No, no, no!

We've just learned to get rid of over 30 year olds on big money who would see QPR as a step down.

Cough up the cash Liverpool, we don't want your cast offs.

We can't just build a team of kids, there is plenty of room for the right older players in the Championship (look at Dunne in our promotion season for example).

Lambert seems like a model pro these days, the only qualm i'd have is having made it to the Prem and International football - does he still have the desire to play and score at Championship level?

Doesn't matter anyway, because he'll undoubtedly get offers from the prem this summer.
Lambert + cash for Austin? on 16:21 - May 28 with 1104 viewsfakekerby

Lambert + cash for Austin? on 16:13 - May 28 by adhoc_qpr

We can't just build a team of kids, there is plenty of room for the right older players in the Championship (look at Dunne in our promotion season for example).

Lambert seems like a model pro these days, the only qualm i'd have is having made it to the Prem and International football - does he still have the desire to play and score at Championship level?

Doesn't matter anyway, because he'll undoubtedly get offers from the prem this summer.

I certainly agree there is room for the RIGHT older players.

Lambert is 33, at a massive club, played for England, hasn't had much football recently, is on big money... where's the desire to come and do well for QPR in that?

The right older players are Derry/Clint/Helguson types who are playing regularly in the league that we are actually cpmpeting in and at clubs where QPR is seen as a step up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024