Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Dunne 15:14 - May 27 with 18297 viewsbrad

i thought he would get another year!i think we need him in the championship,sad to see him go, solid.
Richard Dunne on 22:14 - May 28 with 3583 viewsYorkRanger

Richard Dunne on 13:03 - May 28 by SpiritofGregory

Why do I need to show the old codger respect?

He was paid to play well not spend time on the treatment table earning millions. No wonder he wanted another contract. On your bike Richard.

Typical SOG. Dunne has been a good servant to QPR and played in more games than most would have expected having joined us after a season of virtually no football. I'm pretty sure he came back from his recent injury too soon to try and help the cause. Without him I also suspect we would not have got to Wembley, let alone win on the day.

I think it is probably right to not re-sign him, but he deserves our thanks and respect IMO
Richard Dunne on 22:25 - May 28 with 3569 viewsMonahoop

Richard Dunne on 13:03 - May 28 by SpiritofGregory

Why do I need to show the old codger respect?

He was paid to play well not spend time on the treatment table earning millions. No wonder he wanted another contract. On your bike Richard.

A bit disrespectful that. Of course we are all entitled to an opinion and yes Dunne was slow and injury prone, but when he was on song, he was a solid defender, the play off games were testament to that. I for one am sorry to see him go, but I guess his time has come and we need some younger legs.

I take it by calling him an old codger your're a lot younger than he is?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Richard Dunne on 23:35 - May 28 with 3523 viewsFredManRave

Richard Dunne on 12:45 - May 28 by TacticalR

Not everyone could be like you SoG, and improve with age.

SoG in like a good wine shocker!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Richard Dunne on 23:54 - May 28 with 3505 viewsPunteR

Richard Dunne on 23:35 - May 28 by FredManRave

SoG in like a good wine shocker!

SOG likes a good whine.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Richard Dunne on 06:33 - May 29 with 3451 viewswestberksr

Richard Dunne on 12:39 - May 28 by SpiritofGregory

Glad the old codger has gone.

That just smacks of being a cheap shot for the sake of it.

Dunne, through no fault of his own has been our best defender for 2 seasons. Never had any pace and bad history of injuries but the stats for us read well.

I don't think this year would have gone as badly had redcrap stuck with last years CBs as Rio and caulker have been the disappointments this season.

Dunne did his defending first and worried about the 'beautiful game' second, which his exactly what a defender should do.

Probably the right time to say goodbye, as there is always one season too many and we usually pay for it.

How about a bit of deserving respect for those going that did a good job, rather than digging them out and looking a tvvat in the process?

Cheers Dunne, good luck in the next gig.
Richard Dunne on 06:34 - May 29 with 3443 viewstimcocking

He's definitely slowing down, but i'd have kept him another year.
Richard Dunne on 11:51 - May 29 with 3392 viewsbrad

hes off to the MLS i hear now,good luck to him.
Richard Dunne on 12:02 - May 29 with 3379 viewsQPunkR

OK he didn't have any pace once he'd got to signing for us due to the ravages of injury and age, but he actually used to be one of the quicker centre-backs around. It took him a bit longer than others to get up to speed, but once at top speed he was bloody quick, make no mistake. It's acceleration that's always let him down.

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Richard Dunne on 14:25 - May 29 with 3324 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Richard Dunne on 12:02 - May 29 by QPunkR

OK he didn't have any pace once he'd got to signing for us due to the ravages of injury and age, but he actually used to be one of the quicker centre-backs around. It took him a bit longer than others to get up to speed, but once at top speed he was bloody quick, make no mistake. It's acceleration that's always let him down.

I'd agree with that. Unfortunately it means that quick strikers will turn him and get their shot away before he's up to speed.

According to this article there's still a chance of a contract for Dunne whilst Faurlin's deal depends on fitness.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-transfer-news-chris-ramsey-wants-ei
Richard Dunne on 14:48 - May 29 with 3299 viewsbrad

according to the standard,there is still chance of a deal,maybe caulker is being shipped out,but it did say yesterday that dunne and the club did have talks
Richard Dunne on 15:44 - May 29 with 3229 viewsfrancisbowles

It is always a possibility that any player may accept an offer, if it is still available, when he doesn't get a better one from elsewhere. Something like that happened with Zamora last year
Richard Dunne on 16:21 - May 29 with 3201 viewsGetMeRangers

Richard Dunne on 15:44 - May 29 by francisbowles

It is always a possibility that any player may accept an offer, if it is still available, when he doesn't get a better one from elsewhere. Something like that happened with Zamora last year

Wasnt it also similar to Jenas too?
Richard Dunne on 00:46 - May 31 with 3059 viewsbrad

what will happen to bobby?who will sign him up,leeds fans are divided over barton
Richard Dunne on 08:53 - May 31 with 2932 viewsSpiritofGregory

Richard Dunne on 11:51 - May 29 by brad

hes off to the MLS i hear now,good luck to him.

Greedy old codger.
Richard Dunne on 13:07 - May 31 with 2828 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Dunne has announced his retirement. Good luck to the lad, doesn't wanna end up like Rio and just fade away a sorry footballing shadow.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/richard-dunne-retires-ireland
Richard Dunne on 13:19 - May 31 with 2794 viewsPunteR

Richard Dunne on 13:07 - May 31 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Dunne has announced his retirement. Good luck to the lad, doesn't wanna end up like Rio and just fade away a sorry footballing shadow.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/richard-dunne-retires-ireland

Retiring to spend time with his family according to this report.

Not a greedy old codger after all, SOG.

All the best to him. Good defender.

Richard Dunne on 13:20 - May 31 with 2793 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Richard Dunne on 13:07 - May 31 by Hoop_Du_Jour

One minute he's chasing a 2 year deal the next he's retiring to spend more time with his family. Odd. This gives me confidence that the gravy train is finally coming to an end at QPR.
Richard Dunne on 13:29 - May 31 with 2773 viewsSpiritofGregory

Richard Dunne on 13:19 - May 31 by PunteR

If he is retiring then he also believes that he is not really up to the task. Glad that we didn't cave in and offer the old codger another cushy number on a huge salary.
[Post edited 31 May 2015 13:29]
Richard Dunne on 13:35 - May 31 with 2753 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Richard Dunne on 13:19 - May 31 by PunteR

Funny, he was chasing a 2 year deal a few weeks ago. I suspect he's retiring because he failed to get one last big payday from QPR.
Richard Dunne on 13:37 - May 31 with 2751 viewshoopstar67

Richard Dunne on 13:29 - May 31 by SpiritofGregory

If he is retiring then he also believes that he is not really up to the task. Glad that we didn't cave in and offer the old codger another cushy number on a huge salary.
[Post edited 31 May 2015 13:29]

God you really are a doughnut. He has been one of the few who always gave his all and played his heart out for the club. He deserves respect unlike you.
Richard Dunne on 16:51 - May 31 with 2581 viewsPunteR

Richard Dunne on 13:35 - May 31 by Benny_the_Ball

Funny, he was chasing a 2 year deal a few weeks ago. I suspect he's retiring because he failed to get one last big payday from QPR.

You and SOG a tag team now. What happened to rangersareback?

Dunne was a grafter.He'll probably be fine financially. But even if he tried to get another 2 years doesn't make him a greedy old codger.who wouldn't do the same. Wish I could retire at 35 though.

Richard Dunne on 17:02 - May 31 with 2559 viewsTheBlob

R's are like Martin Pipe's horses,manage to get the last squeezings out of everything and then it's the knackers yard.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Richard Dunne on 05:00 - Jun 1 with 2380 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I don't buy the whole 'wanting to spend more time with family' line. Footballers 'work' very few hours, reporting for training mid-morning and leaving early afternoon. They get plenty of time to spend with family. It's not as if Dunne was playing in Russia.
Richard Dunne on 05:56 - Jun 1 with 2363 viewsFDC

Richard Dunne on 16:51 - May 31 by PunteR

You and SOG a tag team now. What happened to rangersareback?

Dunne was a grafter.He'll probably be fine financially. But even if he tried to get another 2 years doesn't make him a greedy old codger.who wouldn't do the same. Wish I could retire at 35 though.

Must be an administrative nightmare for her, trying to keep on top of which VPN to use for which post.
Richard Dunne on 06:14 - Jun 1 with 2353 viewstimcocking

Thanks Richard Dunne, i always felt he gave everything for the cause, which is all you can ask of a player. He was our best player quite a few times, including in some of the big games. Not his fault he's ageing.

Surprising and disappointing to see he's actually getting abuse from some of the Rangers fans.

Well ok, not surprising. There is still that annoying minority of permanently miserable whining tw@ts on here, presumably students. I'm sure most of us understand how it is though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024