Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton should have stayed 15:18 - May 27 with 7174 viewsWestbourneR

I am pretty certain this is not a popular view but I would have tried to find the money to offer Joey Barton a deal he'd sign to stay.

As an older head, a leader and accomplished player.

For me, him coming back into the team in our promotion year was what got us over the line. Countless games when we were below par he dragged us through to get something - thinking Reading and Bolton away in particular.

And then this season where he has often been our best player on the park.

I rate him and I think he'd have been a good linch-pin for a new look younger side.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Barton should have stayed on 15:19 - May 27 with 3981 viewsQPR_John

I'm with you
Barton should have stayed on 15:20 - May 27 with 3965 viewsbrad

so am i
Barton should have stayed on 15:21 - May 27 with 3965 viewsWokingR

He might be a pain in the arse but when you hear about all teams trying to build a spine he would be one of the first names you would write on your teamsheet
Barton should have stayed on 15:21 - May 27 with 3961 viewsPinnerPaul

So am I, going to need that type of player and a leader on the pitch.

Clint won't play every game that leaves Ned, Caulker or someone new to the club to be captain.
Barton should have stayed on 15:22 - May 27 with 3951 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm sure we can train our new centre midfielders to pass the ball straight back to the oppo and tweet rubbish and save ourselves £60k a week...
Barton should have stayed on 15:22 - May 27 with 3952 viewsGloucs_R

Depends on what he wanted. He will go to a lower Prem club and pick up £30k a week I reckon.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Barton should have stayed on 15:23 - May 27 with 3936 viewsHollowayRanger

i wanted him to stay but no way did he deserve his £60,000 a week

id have offered him £25,000 and a promotion bouns

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Barton should have stayed on 15:24 - May 27 with 3931 viewsOldPedro

Barton should have stayed on 15:22 - May 27 by Gloucs_R

Depends on what he wanted. He will go to a lower Prem club and pick up £30k a week I reckon.

Think he will still want more money than we are prepared to pay him. In my view, it's time to move on.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

Barton should have stayed on 15:31 - May 27 with 3887 viewsNov77

I'm delighted to see him gone. his outburst against rodney the other week was the last straw.
openly admitted that he only joined the club for the money, I'll be amazed if he doesn't start slagging us off now he's gone.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Barton should have stayed on 15:32 - May 27 with 3876 viewsdanehoop

Think that he has been quite clear for a while that he wanted to go to pastures new. His performances this year have been erratic at best. He feels he is better than the championship. The premiership I suspect will beg to differ and any offer he does get will comes with wages will be a fraction of his current salary.

I suspect we made clear a few weeks ago that any new offer was either not likely to be forthcoming or would be on massivley reduced terms given the way his agent has been punting him around to offers. Suspect he may ended up eating humble pie or french cheese by the time the season starts.

Never knowingly understood

Barton should have stayed on 15:33 - May 27 with 3869 viewsQPunkR

Barton should have stayed on 15:31 - May 27 by Nov77

I'm delighted to see him gone. his outburst against rodney the other week was the last straw.
openly admitted that he only joined the club for the money, I'll be amazed if he doesn't start slagging us off now he's gone.

Probably already has done, in 140 characters or less

QPR - "shit but local"

Barton should have stayed on 15:34 - May 27 with 3857 viewsBAWHoops

Joey Barton isn't someone who should be anywhere near our club.

He's selfish, a self promoter who doesn't give a damn whatever he says.
He's poison in the dressing room and will get a manager sacked if he fancies.

Good player, despicable character who embodied everything that was wrong with QPR since TF took over.

Don't want him anywhere near the club

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Barton should have stayed on 15:35 - May 27 with 3848 viewsflynnbo

Was probably offered our new deal and said no so goodbye, you won't be missed by me.
Barton should have stayed on 15:36 - May 27 with 3840 viewsGetMeRangers

On balance I think I would have preferred him to stay. We will need to replace him with similar. No matter what others say, I have always thought we played better with him than without. I never quite understood the haters for his endings off which you would have thought they might delight in for keeping him out of the side

Where is our next Super Ray (and not implying Joey was anywhere near him)
Barton should have stayed on 15:38 - May 27 with 3826 viewsMedwayR

No, he should not have stayed, I couldn't be happier that he has gone, the bloke was an insult to the club.

Poll: Who’s better?

Barton should have stayed on 15:38 - May 27 with 3820 viewssimmo

The representation and embodiment of everything that I have grown to dislike about modern day QPR. No genuine affection for the club, coating off legends, talking about players being bad eggs with one hand and getting himself sent off in massive games for a lack of discipline with the next. He's a self serving, overpaid, over-rated, pseudo intellectual penis and I woudn't care if he played like Zidane, I would want him out the door.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barton should have stayed on 15:41 - May 27 with 3794 viewsQPunkR

Barton should have stayed on 15:38 - May 27 by simmo

The representation and embodiment of everything that I have grown to dislike about modern day QPR. No genuine affection for the club, coating off legends, talking about players being bad eggs with one hand and getting himself sent off in massive games for a lack of discipline with the next. He's a self serving, overpaid, over-rated, pseudo intellectual penis and I woudn't care if he played like Zidane, I would want him out the door.

Well said, but even apart from all that he was only our best player at passing straight to the opposition. To be fair he could do that from both open play and dead balls!

QPR - "shit but local"

Barton should have stayed on 15:41 - May 27 with 3792 viewsingeminate

Bang on.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Barton should have stayed on 15:41 - May 27 with 3791 viewsDesertBoot

I dont get this adulation for a player who has openly criticised the club in the past and tore into Rodney Marsh last week.
Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and is a one man circus. Time he left town

Wish I could be like David Watts

Barton should have stayed on 15:45 - May 27 with 3760 viewsdavman

"Find the money"

Do you understand what paying 195% of your income on wages actually means?

To fit into any sensible wage structure, Barton would probably need to live with a third of his current wage.

For all his "you should stay with YOUR relegated team and get them back up", he wouldn't do that unless he could keep getting paid obscene money to do so.

He is a liability, but I'd be willing to keep him on a sensible Championship wage. Would he take it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Barton should have stayed on 15:58 - May 27 with 3703 viewsJuzzie

Stayed? Not a friggin' chance. I'm glad he's gone. He's been bang average at best.

This is the guy who thought he should be back in the England fold a couple of years ago with an average pass completion rate of around 62% when 75-80% is what most 'normal' midfielders were doing.

There's there's all the stupid sendings off, fighting the whole of the Man City team, "I'll never play for QPR in the Championship", "I want to stay in France" [they didn't want him] and so on.

'bye.
Barton should have stayed on 15:59 - May 27 with 3697 viewsBluce_Ree

Nah f**k him.

"As an older head"

The guy is a liability. An expensive one. I'd rather we concentrated on bringing through talent and scouring the leagues than having this poncey primadonna in our team.

God f**king riddance.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Barton should have stayed on 16:03 - May 27 with 3652 viewsessextaxiboy

If we could have kept him on about 25 k .I would have been in favour . The total outlay would prob be similar to paying a fee plus salary for someone untried in the championship . He seems particularly tight with Austin and I thought if he stayed Charlie and possibly Fer and Phillips may stay . .. He is a prat we all know that but even those who dont like him as a man have to admit that he had some stand out games in a poor side . He has done well out of us , coming on a free on big money .I wish him well unless he plays against us , then he gets pelters .
Barton should have stayed on 16:03 - May 27 with 3655 viewsRangersw12

Totally agree
Barton should have stayed on 16:07 - May 27 with 3626 viewsDiscodroids

dancing a jig of jigs and sacrificing my next door neighbours cat in a wicker man to thank the pagan gods we've lanced this boil on the Ample arse of QPR.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024