Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton should have stayed 15:18 - May 27 with 7212 viewsWestbourneR

I am pretty certain this is not a popular view but I would have tried to find the money to offer Joey Barton a deal he'd sign to stay.

As an older head, a leader and accomplished player.

For me, him coming back into the team in our promotion year was what got us over the line. Countless games when we were below par he dragged us through to get something - thinking Reading and Bolton away in particular.

And then this season where he has often been our best player on the park.

I rate him and I think he'd have been a good linch-pin for a new look younger side.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Barton should have stayed on 20:27 - May 27 with 1264 viewsYorkRanger

Right to get rid.

The bad eggs outburst just before the critical game at Man City was the final straw for me
Barton should have stayed on 20:53 - May 27 with 1209 viewsBenny_the_Ball

If Les et al are serious about rebuilding our ailing club then players like Barton had to go. Too old, too expensive, too mouthy and a short temper.
Barton should have stayed on 21:54 - May 27 with 1138 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Sorry Westbourne but there is nothing in that OP that i can agree with.
The day could not come soon enough when we got this p***k out of our club.
Just my opinion mate, nothing personal.
Barton should have stayed on 21:55 - May 27 with 1133 viewsItalianR

You are damn right it's not.
Barton should have stayed on 23:17 - May 27 with 1074 viewsderbyhoop

I would have offered him a deal. But on vastly reduced terms. I wonder if the club did the same and the 2 parties were so far apart it was never a goer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Barton should have stayed on 23:49 - May 27 with 1039 viewsdaveB

If he can't find a club then wouldn't surprise me if he ended up coming back on a reduced wage next season but hopefully he finds somewhere else to play his football
Barton should have stayed on 23:56 - May 27 with 1027 viewshamptonhillhoop

Barton should have stayed on 23:49 - May 27 by daveB

If he can't find a club then wouldn't surprise me if he ended up coming back on a reduced wage next season but hopefully he finds somewhere else to play his football

He has a nice life in st Margaret's if I was him id stay for twenty grand a week. In all fairness been our best player this season by far and never hid. Apart from Charlie of course
Barton should have stayed on 00:46 - May 28 with 987 viewsSomersetHoops

Barton should have stayed on 16:07 - May 27 by Discodroids

dancing a jig of jigs and sacrificing my next door neighbours cat in a wicker man to thank the pagan gods we've lanced this boil on the Ample arse of QPR.

Disco I'm with you on this and I like your turn of phrase.

Who's Next?

Login to get fewer ads

Barton should have stayed on 00:57 - May 28 with 978 viewsWeaverQPR

I think we've seen the good the bad and the ugly side of Barton over the last 4 years and now is probably the right time to part ways. If the club want to show people they have turned a corner and are going in a new direction then he has to go.

@WeavQPR

Barton should have stayed on 08:43 - May 28 with 892 viewsSpiritofGregory

So glad that bastard has left QPR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024