Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clint and Ale 17:01 - May 27 with 3307 viewsbosh67

Glad they have been offered a deal. Both add value on and off the park. Glad to see Karl Henry may stay too. He has been excellent this season and to be honest, has been since he arrived. I thought he would be trouble but he is a very good and honest pro.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Clint and Ale on 20:54 - May 27 with 2283 viewsBenny_the_Ball

IMHO only Ale should have been offered a pay-as-you-play deal with Clint offered a coaching role. As for Karl Henry, he has never been excellent and I'm gutted he has an option to extend.
Clint and Ale on 20:58 - May 27 with 2267 viewsNorthernr

Clint and Ale on 20:54 - May 27 by Benny_the_Ball

IMHO only Ale should have been offered a pay-as-you-play deal with Clint offered a coaching role. As for Karl Henry, he has never been excellent and I'm gutted he has an option to extend.

I think you're missing the point somewhat. The players who have behaved impeccably on and off the pitch, represented the club well, set standards of behaviour etc are being kept on regardless of whether they're too old, too injury prone, not very good etc. Those who haven't are being bombed out. Neither Clint nor Ale nor maybe Henry will be in Ramsey's first team plans at this point, but they come to work every day and go about their business in a professional manner and that's the standards that will be set here now for the players that they do sign.

At least, that's the hope.
Clint and Ale on 21:07 - May 27 with 2234 viewsPhilmyRs

Clint and Ale on 20:58 - May 27 by Northernr

I think you're missing the point somewhat. The players who have behaved impeccably on and off the pitch, represented the club well, set standards of behaviour etc are being kept on regardless of whether they're too old, too injury prone, not very good etc. Those who haven't are being bombed out. Neither Clint nor Ale nor maybe Henry will be in Ramsey's first team plans at this point, but they come to work every day and go about their business in a professional manner and that's the standards that will be set here now for the players that they do sign.

I wouldn't say Henry has behaved impeccably off the pitch but I would have kept him on. Early days but pleased with what we're doing in terms of the players we've released. That said I do think we're a better team with Barton in it but for the good of the club it was right to release him in my opinion.
Clint and Ale on 21:09 - May 27 with 2224 viewsBenny_the_Ball

In that case SWP warranted an extension because according to Ramsey he was a model pro.

I'd rather see Clint's professionalism put to good use in a coaching capacity where he can make a real difference.

The danger with signing incapable players as cover was there for all to see this season when they were forced to step up to the first team but couldn't deliver.

In an ideal world I can see the value in what you're suggesting but with our debt and FFP looming large I don't think we can afford to waste squad positions.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 21:15]
Clint and Ale on 21:14 - May 27 with 2198 viewsPunteR

Karl Henry has been fairly consistent since he signed. He's the opposite to a "flair" player but still does a job well. Now Barton has gone he might step up in terms of bossing it a bit more.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Clint and Ale on 21:20 - May 27 with 2168 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Clint and Ale on 21:14 - May 27 by PunteR

Karl Henry has been fairly consistent since he signed. He's the opposite to a "flair" player but still does a job well. Now Barton has gone he might step up in terms of bossing it a bit more.

He doesn't have the talent to boss a midfield. His job is to break things up and give the ball to someone more creative. Unfortunately Barton fancied himself as that man. If Henry gets someone genuinely creative alongside him then he may do a job in the championship.
Clint and Ale on 21:28 - May 27 with 2139 viewsPunteR

Clint and Ale on 21:20 - May 27 by Benny_the_Ball

He doesn't have the talent to boss a midfield. His job is to break things up and give the ball to someone more creative. Unfortunately Barton fancied himself as that man. If Henry gets someone genuinely creative alongside him then he may do a job in the championship.

When i say boss it,i didnt mean be more creative, i just mean be more of a leader. He was Wolves captain for a number of years.

Clint and Ale on 21:29 - May 27 with 2138 viewsSuffolkHoop

These two from Swindon are decent players in their own right, while both are young lads. Henry is a decent holding midfielder in the Championship, and I can see a midfield with him and Gladwin working well.
Login to get fewer ads

Clint and Ale on 21:30 - May 27 with 2131 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Until Kenny dumped him in the reserves in league 1. As I said could work if the right midfielders are played alongside him.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 21:32]
Clint and Ale on 21:32 - May 27 with 2116 viewsPunteR

Clint and Ale on 21:30 - May 27 by Benny_the_Ball

Until Kenny dumped him in the reserves in league 1. As I said could work if the right midfielders are played alongside him.

until then.

Clint and Ale on 21:33 - May 27 with 2105 viewsPunteR

Clint and Ale on 21:30 - May 27 by Benny_the_Ball

yep

Clint and Ale on 21:35 - May 27 with 2097 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Clint and Ale on 21:32 - May 27 by PunteR

until then.

I see your point but find it odd that Kenny should consider him surplus to his rebuilding plans yet Les Ramsey see enough in Karl to build their revolution around him.
Clint and Ale on 21:55 - May 27 with 2048 viewsPunteR

Clint and Ale on 21:35 - May 27 by Benny_the_Ball

I see your point but find it odd that Kenny should consider him surplus to his rebuilding plans yet Les Ramsey see enough in Karl to build their revolution around him.

Who knows Jackets motives.
I think building a revolution around Henry is a stretch ,but we will need experience as well as youth and Henry is the sort of player that can tidy up and keep things simple in games that need it.Out of all the players we've had over the last 3 seasons Henry comes out with a bit of credit imo.

Clint and Ale on 21:56 - May 27 with 2038 viewsJamie

Important to point out that Henry hasn't been kept on. The club haven't picked up the option on his contract, but he can still activate it from his side and hang around for a year.
Clint and Ale on 22:02 - May 27 with 2014 viewsPey

I am also very pleased those two have been offered an extension.
Both very much my favorite players in the squad.
Clint and Ale on 22:03 - May 27 with 2010 viewsessextaxiboy

Clint and Ale on 21:07 - May 27 by PhilmyRs

I wouldn't say Henry has behaved impeccably off the pitch but I would have kept him on. Early days but pleased with what we're doing in terms of the players we've released. That said I do think we're a better team with Barton in it but for the good of the club it was right to release him in my opinion.

What has he done off the pitch ? Said he was going to vote Tory ? ... Disgusting !
Clint and Ale on 22:57 - May 27 with 1931 viewsPhilmyRs

Clint and Ale on 22:03 - May 27 by essextaxiboy

What has he done off the pitch ? Said he was going to vote Tory ? ... Disgusting !

Don't give a sh*t who he voted for but thought his spat with Collymore and Ill advised comments to a couple of randoms on Twitter didn't paint him in the best light, especially on the eve of key, must win games. A bit of common sense would have been nice from him.
Clint and Ale on 23:25 - May 27 with 1886 viewsderbyhoop

Clint is finished as a player. Ale may be fit enough to play but I wouldn't want a lot of money resting on that premise. Henry isn't much of a player, even atChampionsip level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Clint and Ale on 23:44 - May 27 with 1852 viewsCambsHoop

So you really think they're being kept on just to prove a point about hard work and professionalism? Even at (relatively) modest wages that seems an expensive way to prove a point. There are many honest and hard working people in the world, but surely to play for a Championship level football team you actually do need to be young enough, fit enough, and good enough?
Clint and Ale on 23:46 - May 27 with 1845 viewsdaveB

Clint and Ale on 21:35 - May 27 by Benny_the_Ball

Not sure Ramsey does see him as a part of the future, he didn't offer him a new deal but due to his current deal he has the option of staying for one more year. That's how I read it anyway, I doubt he'll stay.

Also reckon Hill will be player/coach next season rather than just a player
[Post edited 27 May 2015 23:48]
Clint and Ale on 23:58 - May 27 with 1828 viewsconnell10

Clint and Ale on 22:03 - May 27 by essextaxiboy

true mate but we cant hold that against him forever.... let it go, just let it go!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Clint and Ale on 00:59 - May 28 with 1765 viewsWeaverQPR

Id like to see some new backroom faces, maybe Clint on board too. I'd like Bondy Bond gone as well.

@WeavQPR

Clint and Ale on 06:46 - May 28 with 1696 viewstimcocking

Yes, happy with all three irrespective of age/ability/ fitness.
Clint and Ale on 08:42 - May 28 with 1630 viewsDiscodroids

great revolution yesterday with the old despots being overthrown by che les and fidel ramsey( whom ive always rated very, very highly!)..

thought the revolution could have done with a final push to get rid of generalissimo Karl henry..i dont really care if he washes the players shitty pants and baby sits their brats for them, hes another year older and about as effective and intimidating to the opposition as marcus brigstock at a comedy awards.

watching him trundle round the wheel like a convict in midnight express before offloading a one yard pass backwards is not in keeping with this exciting revolution .

carrion.

as for dear clint, i feel a coaching role only, even a bit of field work somewhere else to learn his coaching trade..hasnt he suffered enough being flogged like max mosely at QPR... one injury and the poor sod will be a fixture in the side again , being tormented by whippets half his age.

which will probably by the middle of august..

poor clint should be incased in glass with the words' break in case of emergency'..there alwaYs an emergency at QPR..

let the bloke put his kippers up for a bit. a replacement for the klingon bondy.in time.

i was astonished we gave ale another contract. heresy i know, and i would rather slag off my nans colostomy bag but has anyone ever come back from 3 acl's ??..the club have done right by him but its like me pining for a mauritian sex kitten i was rooting when i was 20, shes married with 34 kids now and lives in perth...time to let it go . otherwise we might as well just render him down and start the QPR madame taussauds with clint and the beautiful ali

sentimentality is for steve wright and his sycophantic shite ,on radio 2 in the afternoons.

vive le revolution comrades.
[Post edited 28 May 2015 8:48]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Clint and Ale on 08:51 - May 28 with 1609 viewsHunterhoop

An ACL injury doesn't stop you passing the ball.

For all I care, Ali can just stand in the circle spraying passes and he'll be more effective and classy than Barton Balls.

Obviously there's risk, but he's our longest serving player and, when fit, he's been class. I'm glad he's been offered another year. There is a place in football for some sentiment.

Again, I know I'm in the minority. But I think Karl "The Maestro" Henry is exactly the sort of player we need for a slog in the Championship. He could easily fill the Derry role very effectively and with a young defence likely, his back tracking and covering will be very useful.

Personally I think Che Les and Fidel Ramsey have got it spot on, Disco. Viva la revolution.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024