Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship qualities? 17:31 - May 27 with 841 viewswood_hoop

Dificult to know just how CR is going to go about re-building our squad but do know the majority of the one we have is pretty dire even judging on Championship qualities.

No idea if CR is the right man, that is something he has to prove in his own way, whether or not he signs players I might feel are good bad or indifferent, a chance he has be given though and strength in charecter will certainly be one of the requirements needed to get us out of the malaise the club has found itself in.

One thing on his side is the division we are in, the quality needed to do well is not that high, doing well for us would be all things considered be among the top six, direct promotion maybe stretching a bit too far but a play off place should not be considered beyond capabilities, that's even with a side newly put together.

Money is a thorny issue and god only knows the type of budget he has to work with, but somehow despite the FFP axe above our heads you can bet it will not be pocket money in comparison to many in the division, money will need to be wisely spent in a big way but in a different way to what many may think, maybe good players in the market but have frailties in ways that before were brushed under the carpet, judging whether they are a good buy or not must go beyond that of signing on the basis of having experience at a higher level, CR no doubt has a list of criteria players should be able to reach, I hope it is bloody tough.

Good coaching improves players, no magic in that, good tactics improves a team, again no magic there, CR very much will be under a spotlight, more than maybe is fair but he knew that before he took on the job, so must have a deep belief in knowing just what it takes.

The Championship is going to be his stage not the Prem, despite the playing up of just how tough it is imo not quite as is portrayed, CR has to know this as well, he is the main man who can proove just why a lot of myth permutates our game.

Championship qualities? on 17:38 - May 27 with 812 viewsdaveB

I think he'll do well to put together a side that can finish in the top half
Championship qualities? on 17:43 - May 27 with 793 viewsHayesender

I'll be extatic with a 15th place finish and no dramas next season

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Championship qualities? on 17:46 - May 27 with 787 viewsGetMeRangers

Championship qualities? on 17:38 - May 27 by daveB

I think he'll do well to put together a side that can finish in the top half

At the moment he will struggle to put a side together full stop. Re-run of last year's preseason tour?
Championship qualities? on 17:53 - May 27 with 769 viewsdaveB

Championship qualities? on 17:46 - May 27 by GetMeRangers

At the moment he will struggle to put a side together full stop. Re-run of last year's preseason tour?

He'll put a team together and I think it will be a decent one but he'll struggle to build a promotion winning squad in two months but I'm not sure anyone really expects that. I think if we're competitive next season, play some good football and win a few away games most will be pretty happy with that
Championship qualities? on 19:41 - May 27 with 713 viewsganjR

Les will be putting the team together, Chris will be coaching it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024