Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music advice- Swing / Jazz 20:28 - May 27 with 1198 viewsstuabd

I'm not sure what it's called but I just got given an album by Ray Gelato. I like!

Quite relaxing/uplifting listening to him in the morning going to work. Can anyone recommend anything similar/better than Ray Gelato.
Music advice- Swing / Jazz on 21:27 - May 27 with 1168 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

You could try the following - try them in YouTube to see if you like:

Giorgio Gaber
Alessandro Mannarino
Mario Biondi
Le Luci Della Centrale Elertrica

No idea what these are like but it's what I find when looking for similar artistes.
Music advice- Swing / Jazz on 18:12 - May 28 with 1109 viewsstuabd

Music advice- Swing / Jazz on 21:27 - May 27 by Pablo_Hoopsta

You could try the following - try them in YouTube to see if you like:

Giorgio Gaber
Alessandro Mannarino
Mario Biondi
Le Luci Della Centrale Elertrica

No idea what these are like but it's what I find when looking for similar artistes.

Cheers. Nice one.
Music advice- Swing / Jazz on 18:37 - May 28 with 1099 viewsrichranger

The Jive Aces - Fabulously entertaining - Ray Gelato is a mate of theirs and guested on their latest album.

My daughter Ilona is a leading dancer with the London Swing Dance Society. They often hold events in London, and have been on TV recently too.
Music advice- Swing / Jazz on 09:47 - Jun 13 with 998 viewssaxbend

If you're just getting into Big Band swing, I can recommend a novelty album by Paul Anka (the one who wrote My Way) from about ten years ago called Rock Swings. He got the likes of Dave Tanner to do some really good big band arrangements of pop and rock songs from the 80s and 90s. Well worth a listen.
Music advice- Swing / Jazz on 13:10 - Jun 13 with 921 viewsqpr1976

Which Ray Gelato album do you have ?

I have these.....
GIANTS OF JIVE
A TASTE OF GELATO
GELATO ESPRESSO
THE FULL FLAVOUR
THE MEN FROM UNCLE
GELATO DAL VIVO (Live in Italy)
RAY GELATO
SALUTES THE GREAT ENTERTAINERS
RAY GELATO & THE GOODFELLAS GANGSTERS OF SWING
GELATO ALL ITALIANA
RAY GELATO & KAI HOFFMAN HEY BOY !, HEY GIRL !

His 1st band were rather good too - THE CHEVALIER BROTHERS, their 'Live & Kickin' CD is good value. I agree regards PAUL ANKA's Rock Swings worth a listen, some tracks are a little bit too cheesy (Smells Like Teen Spirit), but some work (Wonderwall)

JOE JACKSON's 4th album, Jumpin' Jive from 1981 was the one that first hooked me on Swing Jazz. Modern takes on classics by the likes of LOUIS JORDAN & LOUIS PRIMA.
Music advice- Swing / Jazz on 15:19 - Jun 13 with 900 viewsMonahoop

Swing jazz is something I tap into quite often and I'm especially keen on the more classic stuff from the 30's 40's and 50's. My choices would be material from Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Tommy Dorsey, Jimmy Dorsey, Cab Calloway, Gene Krupa [one of the finest drummers of all time], Louis Prima and of course the great Louis Jordan.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Music advice- Swing / Jazz on 15:49 - Jun 13 with 891 viewsBlackCrowe

Henry Mancini The Blues And The Beat will see you right.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024