Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock 21:29 - May 27 with 2246 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/38747
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 03:58 - May 28 with 2145 viewsFredManRave

Enjoyed that. I could listen to the guy every week. Never dull, a good mix of being interesting and entertaining at the same time.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 04:01 - May 28 with 2143 viewsFDC

I've not read his book, anyone know what he says in it about our dearly departed SWP?
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 04:06 - May 28 with 2138 viewsFDC

Also, I lived in Sheffield for ten years and never once heard anyone say, "come on, let's dip us bread now".
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 07:05 - May 28 with 2079 viewsYorkRanger

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 04:01 - May 28 by FDC

I've not read his book, anyone know what he says in it about our dearly departed SWP?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qprs-shaun-wright-phillips-accused-s
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 07:06 - May 28 with 2079 viewsdaveB

He basically says that SWP was an arrogant prick but in a nicer way than that
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 09:08 - May 28 with 2003 viewsDejR_vu

That brought back some great memories.

Interesting to hear him directly on Adel. A proper manager who knows how to manage. Isn't the art of management getting the absolute maximum out of the assets at your disposal? He managed AT perfectly, managed the situation with the rest of the squad, and got the rewards. Makes a mockery of CR's stance on team selection based purely on attitude to training which resulted in SWP on the bench ahead of AT. All players are different. Would you refuse to pick Henry because he can't score goals? Of course not, that's not his job. So why punish AT for not doing the dirty work?

That season in the Championship was absolutely fantastic, the last time I actually looked forward to going to LR.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 16:03 - May 28 with 1859 viewsfakekerby

Great podcast, really entertaining.

I agree wholeheartedly with Neil that the first name through the door should be Jamie Mackie. Let's go get him.
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 16:19 - May 28 with 1843 viewslondonscottish

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 16:03 - May 28 by fakekerby

Great podcast, really entertaining.

I agree wholeheartedly with Neil that the first name through the door should be Jamie Mackie. Let's go get him.

Imagine the singing.

(my kids, 10 and 8, still sing the Mackie Wonderland song from time to time)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 18:05 - May 28 with 1796 viewspaulparker

The most telling for me was how all of the last 4 years could have been avoided if NW was allowed to get in
Ashley Williams
Danny Graham
Kyle Naughton
Wayne Routledge
Bassong
Scott Parker
These players and the core of the squad that got us promoted would have kept us up and given us a good platform for a few good years
Instead we were playing catch up and had to rush in players like young,Barton, anton & SWP
The culture of the club has been playing catch up ever since
I know Warnock isn't the most tactical of managers but we lost our soul the day he left

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 18:13 - May 28 with 1785 viewsJuzzie

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 18:05 - May 28 by paulparker

The most telling for me was how all of the last 4 years could have been avoided if NW was allowed to get in
Ashley Williams
Danny Graham
Kyle Naughton
Wayne Routledge
Bassong
Scott Parker
These players and the core of the squad that got us promoted would have kept us up and given us a good platform for a few good years
Instead we were playing catch up and had to rush in players like young,Barton, anton & SWP
I know Warnock isn't the most tactical of managers but we lost our soul the day he left

Exactly. We were fked not even a month after promotion by Briatore's refusal to sign any players so he could sell the club. Left us in a mess when it could have been a lot better.

Would acquiring those players have affected the selling price? I don't think so IMO as we had PL status which would have been enough to get the price he wanted I'm sure.
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 13:11 - May 29 with 1640 viewsJuzzie

Also, interesting that Warnock was happy to talk a lot about Taarrabt, who is still under contract, yet wouldn't say anything about SWP & Barton because they are still under contract (until the end of June). Says a lot about the latter two me thinks?

[Post edited 29 May 2015 13:13]
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 13:41 - May 29 with 1591 viewsTacticalR

'However, after the game Joey tweeted that Adel was supposed to be a genius but he'd not seen it yet. He shouldn't have been doing that. He should have been concentrating on his own football. The last couple of games Joey had not been playing well himself. Since coming to London he had been inundated with requests from people wanting to talk to him, media people, and he had been doing too much. I spoke to him about it and he promised to cut down.

Some of the players who came in looked at Adel and didn't like what they saw because he didn't run his socks off. The senior players the previous season were prepared to look at the positives, but some of the new ones have played with people who were as talented as Adel and who worked harder, so they expect him to. But blaming him was just another excuse to cover their own failings.

Wright-Phillips was also not himself on the pitch, and I had a problem with him over a disciplinary issue off it. I've always fined players ten per cent for dissent leading to a yellow card. I know that might sound rich coming from me but it is a needless booking and if it results in a red card for two yellows, or a suspension, it can hurt the team. Wright-Phillips was booked for dissent so he was informed of his fine by letter, which is the procedure. Instead of seeing me, knocking on the door, and complaining, he Sellotaped the letter onto his back at training in front of all the players, treating it like a joke. It was a lack of respect and I was disappointed with that and I told him so.

That was the moment that I realised just how difficult it was for managers in the modern day to discipline players with such big egos, on such big wages. That was one of the most disappointing mornings for me at QPR. Inside I was disgusted with Shaun yet to him it was a joke. I kept thinking I was the manager that got him out of the hell of Man City when no one else would touch him, gave him a cracking contract, brought him back to his home in London and then was treated with such contempt. I didn't think I deserved it.

So we had a meeting with the players committee about discipline. With the wages they are on now they think a ten per cent fine for dissent isn't right. One minute they were saying they want more discipline, but the next they are making fun of it, which made me think they didn't give two hoots.'

There is a bit more about the book here:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/94101/warnocks-boo

Air hostess clique

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 13:54 - May 29 with 1566 viewsclassof93

Ashley Williams
Danny Graham
Kyle Naughton
Wayne Routledge
Bassong
Scott Parker

Although that's true and it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he could have got his original targets, I always feel he doesn't really get much criticism for the absolute dross he signed. He may have missed out on those players but there were certainly other targets and players available. Warnock's first transfer window is part of the reason for the problems that are still going on:
Anton Ferdinand
Traore
Luke Young
Bothroyd
K Dyer
SWP
Barton

Were there really no other options than this set of players? I don't think so.
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 13:58 - May 29 with 1552 viewsNorthernr

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 13:11 - May 29 by Juzzie

Also, interesting that Warnock was happy to talk a lot about Taarrabt, who is still under contract, yet wouldn't say anything about SWP & Barton because they are still under contract (until the end of June). Says a lot about the latter two me thinks?

[Post edited 29 May 2015 13:13]

Or he's just old enough and wise enough to know that if he'd said what he thought it would have been "Warnock slams..." headlines this week, with all the stuff Barton would inevitably have given back on Tiwtter, whereas he can chat on about Adel all day and nobody outside QPR cares.

I thought he did well. His was an overwhelmingly positive time at the club, and that was reflected in the podcast. Never got bitter or nasty about the bitter and nasty way he was turfed out.
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 14:23 - May 29 with 1530 viewsPunteR

Warnock is good value.Old school, down to earth manager.
Great season 10/11.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 14:55 - May 29 with 1497 viewsQPunkR

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 04:06 - May 28 by FDC

Also, I lived in Sheffield for ten years and never once heard anyone say, "come on, let's dip us bread now".

Me and my mates upstairs cracked up when he said that, never heard the like of it before!
Great manager, great fella and he's the only one to've managed to get the most out of Tarbs. And I managed to shake his hand on his way out in the break

QPR - "shit but local"

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 16:18 - May 29 with 1443 viewsDiscodroids

just listened, other than professor hawking posing a question about match fixing 3/4 of the way through , loved it .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 17:05 - May 29 with 1415 viewsFDC

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 13:41 - May 29 by TacticalR

'However, after the game Joey tweeted that Adel was supposed to be a genius but he'd not seen it yet. He shouldn't have been doing that. He should have been concentrating on his own football. The last couple of games Joey had not been playing well himself. Since coming to London he had been inundated with requests from people wanting to talk to him, media people, and he had been doing too much. I spoke to him about it and he promised to cut down.

Some of the players who came in looked at Adel and didn't like what they saw because he didn't run his socks off. The senior players the previous season were prepared to look at the positives, but some of the new ones have played with people who were as talented as Adel and who worked harder, so they expect him to. But blaming him was just another excuse to cover their own failings.

Wright-Phillips was also not himself on the pitch, and I had a problem with him over a disciplinary issue off it. I've always fined players ten per cent for dissent leading to a yellow card. I know that might sound rich coming from me but it is a needless booking and if it results in a red card for two yellows, or a suspension, it can hurt the team. Wright-Phillips was booked for dissent so he was informed of his fine by letter, which is the procedure. Instead of seeing me, knocking on the door, and complaining, he Sellotaped the letter onto his back at training in front of all the players, treating it like a joke. It was a lack of respect and I was disappointed with that and I told him so.

That was the moment that I realised just how difficult it was for managers in the modern day to discipline players with such big egos, on such big wages. That was one of the most disappointing mornings for me at QPR. Inside I was disgusted with Shaun yet to him it was a joke. I kept thinking I was the manager that got him out of the hell of Man City when no one else would touch him, gave him a cracking contract, brought him back to his home in London and then was treated with such contempt. I didn't think I deserved it.

So we had a meeting with the players committee about discipline. With the wages they are on now they think a ten per cent fine for dissent isn't right. One minute they were saying they want more discipline, but the next they are making fun of it, which made me think they didn't give two hoots.'

There is a bit more about the book here:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/94101/warnocks-boo

Cheers mate
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 17:59 - May 29 with 1364 viewsbarbicanranger

Ashley Williams
Danny Graham
Kyle Naughton
Wayne Routledge
Bassong
Scott Parker

Couldn't agree more. I think we all knew that this is what happened behind closed doors but hearing Neil actually telling us that's what happened confirms it.
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 18:15 - May 29 with 1342 viewshoof_hearted

Best podcast listen of the season. Warnock obviously but also the presenters seemed to be more relaxed and thrive off a live audience. I can never remember your forum names but credit where it's due - you lot have upped your game this season and finished on a real high.

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 19:55 - May 29 with 1295 viewsthame_hoops

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 16:18 - May 29 by Discodroids

just listened, other than professor hawking posing a question about match fixing 3/4 of the way through , loved it .

Lol
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 20:27 - May 29 with 1274 viewspaulparker

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 13:54 - May 29 by classof93

Although that's true and it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he could have got his original targets, I always feel he doesn't really get much criticism for the absolute dross he signed. He may have missed out on those players but there were certainly other targets and players available. Warnock's first transfer window is part of the reason for the problems that are still going on:
Anton Ferdinand
Traore
Luke Young
Bothroyd
K Dyer
SWP
Barton

Were there really no other options than this set of players? I don't think so.

go on then , name the players available who he could of signed with a week of the transfer window to go

the point is if he had the pre season to sign the likes of Williams , Bassong & co we wouldn't be in the sh1t we are today
we were the champions and had the pick of the best of the championship , its only the likes of briatore who held him & us back
the job Warnock did even with the likes of Agyemang, Peroni & Hogan should of at least given him until the end of that season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 20:47 - May 29 with 1259 viewsclassof93

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 20:27 - May 29 by paulparker

go on then , name the players available who he could of signed with a week of the transfer window to go

the point is if he had the pre season to sign the likes of Williams , Bassong & co we wouldn't be in the sh1t we are today
we were the champions and had the pick of the best of the championship , its only the likes of briatore who held him & us back
the job Warnock did even with the likes of Agyemang, Peroni & Hogan should of at least given him until the end of that season

I agree if he has a pre season with the players he wanted it might have been different. My point is he knew he had a transfer budget to spend and would have significant funds available. He comes out with this take over stuff all the time as an excuse. There were other players available....he bought those wasters and defends it with the take over excuse......
Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 20:55 - May 29 with 1248 viewspaulparker

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 20:47 - May 29 by classof93

I agree if he has a pre season with the players he wanted it might have been different. My point is he knew he had a transfer budget to spend and would have significant funds available. He comes out with this take over stuff all the time as an excuse. There were other players available....he bought those wasters and defends it with the take over excuse......

it would have been different no question about it, we wasted that pre season
but what gets on my goat is the disrespect NW gets, people on this MB have short memories, we were desperate so if anyone can name 6 players who would have kept us up or we should have signed then im all ears

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 21:04 - May 29 with 1230 viewsclassof93

Live Podcast part one - Neil Warnock on 20:55 - May 29 by paulparker

it would have been different no question about it, we wasted that pre season
but what gets on my goat is the disrespect NW gets, people on this MB have short memories, we were desperate so if anyone can name 6 players who would have kept us up or we should have signed then im all ears

Its not people on this MB who need to name 6 players it's NW who needed to and he could only come up with anton ferdinand , bothroyd and swp etc....he did an amazing job getting promotion but this take over excuse is rubbish....there were players and if he didn't have any other targets then why not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024